PDA

View Full Version : Frustration Carry Over

NWADAWG
10-02-2018, 10:01 PM
Because I couldn't figure out how to edit other post

Discussing the football issues is kicking the dead horse. It is frustrating but I survived the days of Tech and 10, and I will survive this. Where this is starting to really frustrate me is when I see tidbits from upcoming basketball and baseball seasons, I immediately restrain my optimism. I should be letting the excitement flow over the amount of talent and potential of those teams. But the drastic hype to hopeless kind of swing we've experienced is carrying over to other sports for me.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 10:24 PM
Don't let the despair of football ruin basketball. We have an inexperienced, unproven HC at football. This isn't the case at all in basketball. And not only do we have a proven HC, we have some serious talent. Basketball will be fun

Pit Bull
10-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Actually the pressure is off all the fans regarding this football season. Most of us had such high expectations and that balloon has popped. Now, we just go to the games and go through the normal supportive fan motions. Maybe we win, maybe we don't.....it's out of our hands now. Just relax and enjoy your friends, the band, and all the festivities that go along with a nice afternoon or evening game. Take nice walks around campus and reminisce the good old days! I absolutely feel no more intensity of having to win and getting to a bowl. Don't mean nothing......notta' thang!

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 08:52 AM
I usually never get too down or too hyped till I get a feel for that year's team after seeing them against decent opponents a few times. Sometimes it doesn't take that long to get down. I had a very bad feeling after SFA. We never had a sustained drive in that game. Everything we did was big plays. You HAD to know that most of those big plays wouldn't hit against SEC defenses. If you can't grind one out on SFA you dang sure ain't going to do it in the SEC. I realize that Joe's scheme is all about the big play, but you have to be able to hit them. Mullen didn't pull that offense we had been running for Fitz and his receivers out of a hat. We were doing what we were capable of doing. If Joe can adapt we still could get to 6 wins and a bowl. If he can't we may not win five.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Don't let the despair of football ruin basketball. We have an inexperienced, unproven HC at football. This isn't the case at all in basketball. And not only do we have a proven HC, we have some serious talent. Basketball will be fun

We were a NIT team last year. As usual I'm going to wait till I see them on the court against somebody with a pulse. We will see.

msstate7
10-03-2018, 08:57 AM
We were a NIT team last year. As usual I'm going to wait till I see them on the court against somebody with a pulse. We will see.

We were only an NIT team bc of our terrible scheduling. With a decent OOC schedule, we would've been an NCAA team

smootness
10-03-2018, 08:59 AM

Teams often make big jumps in college basketball when they return an experienced roster.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 09:02 AM
We were only an NIT team bc of our terrible scheduling. With a decent OOC schedule, we would've been an NCAA team

Maybe, but you actually have BEAT a few of those teams on a schedule upgrade too. We will see.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 09:03 AM
Teams often make big jumps in college basketball when they return an experienced roster.

Yes, sometimes. Not always. I'll wait and see.

msstate7
10-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Maybe, but you actually have BEAT a few of those teams on a schedule upgrade too. We will see.

We were 22-11 (10-10) at end of sec tourney. Trade 2 swac wins for 2 losses at a good P5 team, and we were in. We lost 6 of those sec losses by 7 or less. We lost no one of consequence, and added 4 more good pieces including a McDonald's AA. Moorhead isn't coaching this team... we gonna be good

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2018, 09:49 AM
We were 22-11 (10-10) at end of sec tourney. Trade 2 swac wins for 2 losses at a good P5 team, and we were in. We lost 6 of those sec losses by 7 or less. We lost no one of consequence, and added 4 more good pieces including a McDonald's AA. Moorhead isn't coaching this team... we gonna be good

"17 returning starters..."***

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 09:51 AM

I'm not sure we get in if you do that. You still have to win. We do have a chance to be good, but it's not like we are returning everybody off a sweet 16 team. We were a bubble team even if we had got into the real tournament.

Goldendawg
10-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Actually the pressure is off all the fans regarding this football season. Most of us had such high expectations and that balloon has popped. Now, we just go to the games and go through the normal supportive fan motions. Maybe we win, maybe we don't.....it's out of our hands now. Just relax and enjoy your friends, the band, and all the festivities that go along with a nice afternoon or evening game. Take nice walks around campus and reminisce the good old days! I absolutely feel no more intensity of having to win and getting to a bowl. Don't mean nothing......notta' thang!

Reminisce about the good old days? Would that be the Shira years, the Felker years, the last three of Jackie years, or the Croom years? I'm having flashbacks of them all instead of my dreams of a "Championship Standard" this year.

Pit Bull
10-05-2018, 04:24 AM
Reminisce about the good old days? Would that be the Shira years, the Felker years, the last three of Jackie years, or the Croom years? I'm having flashbacks of them all instead of my dreams of a "Championship Standard" this year.

Wasn't really even talking about football. Meant take walks around campus and reminisce your days in college and all the good times you had. I was there 74-78' and we did beat Ole Miss 3 out of my 4 years there. Tyler was the coach. I enjoyed my days at MSU in spite of what our athletic teams did.