10-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Did he tell Moorhead? May be the one to explain this to

msstate7
10-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Delete

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 08:02 PM
I couldn't post it either 7.

They ain't changing the offense. It's full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes. We will look like hot garbage vs AU. Get ready.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 08:02 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Rh7PQszS/286_E0_E94-_F2_E9-49_DE-81_C9-_A20_B17_FF9_AD8.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hQGbK0j6)

Awesome... no reason to change a thing

bluelightstar
10-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Where the heck did we find these clowns

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2018, 08:15 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Rh7PQszS/286_E0_E94-_F2_E9-49_DE-81_C9-_A20_B17_FF9_AD8.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hQGbK0j6)

I'd say anything that might let us average more than 6.5 points a game would be advantageous.

bluelightstar
10-02-2018, 08:17 PM
I just don't understand how the concept of designed handoffs to the running backs is controversial to our staff.

Cooterpoot
10-02-2018, 08:24 PM
They’re basically saying 17 this season.

parabrave
10-02-2018, 08:36 PM

Dam, sounds like what Hitler told Van Paulas when he requested to retreat from Stalingrad.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-02-2018, 08:37 PM

https://www.awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

DownwardDawg
10-02-2018, 08:38 PM

Omg. It’s worse than I thought.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Wouldn't read too much into this... Murray say big changes coming Saturday, right?

Homedawg
10-02-2018, 08:39 PM
I couldn't post it either 7.

They ain't changing the offense. It's full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes. We will look like hot garbage vs AU. Get ready.

Did you really think they were gonna change the offense after 5 games?? All you can hope is they quit calling so many drop back passes. That's it.

parabrave
10-02-2018, 08:41 PM
"We feel like we are leaving 15 plays out there every game...."

Well, genius, snap the damn ball.

https://youtu.be/-ItGPSIA7hg

What Culture are you tying to create? And if you think KY and FL are tough you got another thing coming to you in the very near future.

ZedFedder
10-02-2018, 08:48 PM
You know the definition of insanity...

ZedFedder
10-02-2018, 08:51 PM
It kills me when he says it’s a system that works. Every system works with the correct personnel. A hospital works with doctors and nurses. A law office works with secretaries and lawyers. But a hospital run by lawyers and a law firm run by doctors would be totally useless. We have the tools to be successful but not within this offense.

parabrave
10-02-2018, 08:53 PM
You know the definition of insanity...

This guy could be Kevin Bacon on Animal House, Stay Calm All is well. If he thinks KY and FL had tough def can't wait to see this guy cowering on the sidelines in Baton Rouge. He might pee in his pants.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-02-2018, 09:00 PM
This guy could be Kevin Bacon on Animal House, Stay Calm All is well. If he thinks KY and FL had tough def can't wait to see this guy cowering on the sidelines in Baton Rouge. He might pee in his pants.
It's called looking for another job while at your current job.

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Did you really think they were gonna change the offense after 5 games?? All you can hope is they quit calling so many drop back passes. That's it.

Just reporting what I heard chief. I was holding out hope that just...maybe.

4-8 here we come.

Homedawg
10-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Just reporting what I heard chief. I was holding out hope that just...maybe.

4-8 here we come.

Oh I know. But until we quit checking w me and not getting the call until 5 secs out line is going to keep looking like shit. They don't even have time to make a line call after the defense shifts out of their first look. That could change. It won't happen but it would help.

BulldogBear
10-02-2018, 09:24 PM

This sounds like a Croom quote

Jack Lambert
10-02-2018, 09:40 PM
His receiver left at least one TD out there.

bulldawg28
10-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Where the heck did we find these clowns

Lmao

DLGDawg
10-02-2018, 10:17 PM

?We'll run the west coast offense as long as I?m here?.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Wouldn't read anything into this. Who tells their opponent they're gonna call more designed runs? Should we also tell them our signals and snap count too?

msstate7
10-02-2018, 10:28 PM
Wouldn't read anything into this. Who tells their opponent they're gonna call more designed runs? Should we also tell them our signals and snap count too?

This is true. Even if they were switching things up, they would keep it close to the vest. With that said, I don't think they'll change much if any

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 10:34 PM
This is true. Even if they were switching things up, they would keep it close to the vest. With that said, I don't think they'll change much if any

It honestly depends on why the offense is working. Is one Oline missing a block that blows up the play? Is WR just dropping wide open passes? If those are the reasons then it is purely on players executing the play. If the play is just getting blown up then it is on the play calling, kind of like sending Holloway up the middle repeatedly.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 10:40 PM

Well if they don't and he just told our opponent that he's a moron. This ain't Fordham. Our opponents pay attention here.

Todd4State
10-03-2018, 12:04 AM
It honestly depends on why the offense is working. Is one Oline missing a block that blows up the play? Is WR just dropping wide open passes? If those are the reasons then it is purely on players executing the play. If the play is just getting blown up then it is on the play calling, kind of like sending Holloway up the middle repeatedly.

The thing that has surprised me is that we haven't tried different players at a few positions.

I want to at least see if Key, Whop, Tyre Phillips, and maybe more Dontae Jones to see if they can help.

smootness
10-03-2018, 08:15 AM
What Culture are you tying to create?

This is what I've been saying. They're talking as though we think they walked into a rebuild. Gotta create a culture, this is building for the long-term, etc.

Bull.

TrapGame
10-03-2018, 08:25 AM
This is what I've been saying. They're talking as though we think they walked into a rebuild. Gotta create a culture, this is building for the long-term, etc.

Bull.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I get the impression they are trying too hard. This team won 9 games last year.

And what the hell is going on in practice b/c by all reports Nick and the offense have looked really good in practice.

smootness
10-03-2018, 08:27 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I get the impression they are trying too hard. This team won 9 games last year.

And what the hell is going on in practice b/c by all reports Nick and the offense have looked really good in practice.

Didn't somebody say we only ever practice against the scout team? That would be your answer.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 08:28 AM

I rewatched the game and yes, in 1st half it was exactly as you've described. 1 person, sometime 2, missed assignments and killed drives. And there were a few drops. Fitz was pretty dead on in 1st half and early 3rd qtr. It reminded me a lot of early 2016 with a lot of these same players. Key mistakes by 1 person to kill drives or momentum, or a dropped pass. I actually came away feeling a tad better about the O ... just a tad ... we'll see. We are losing our composure as game remains close towards the end of games tho ... then it all unravels.

On D ... we ain't playing as good as everyone thinks. Leo and Cole both had poor games. Our DBs got whupped by FL WRs all night long and couldn't shed their blocks. Our backend D just isn't that physical. And they don't cover real well either. Franks completed 67%. We had NO 3 & outs the other night. We've been lucky so far ... we haven't played a really good offense yet. If we don't get some things fixed and get more physical, we gonna get smoked when we do play a good O.

sleepy dawg
10-03-2018, 08:36 AM
It kills me when he says it?s a system that works. Every system works with the correct personnel. A hospital works with doctors and nurses. A law office works with secretaries and lawyers. But a hospital run by lawyers and a law firm run by doctors would be totally useless. We have the tools to be successful but not within this offense.

Good coaches can adapt to their personnel.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 08:43 AM
Good coaches can adapt to their personnel.

It's kind of funny. The things we used to get mad about we are begging for now. What we are trying to do is what everybody has been wanting. Be careful what you wish for. Oh, and yes, good coaches do adapt to their personnel.

smootness
10-03-2018, 08:48 AM
It's kind of funny. The things we used to get mad about we are begging for now. What we are trying to do is what everybody has been wanting. Be careful what you wish for. Oh, and yes, good coaches do adapt to their personnel.

The funniest thing to me is the Kylin vs. Aeris switch.

'Kylin is clearly the more talented RB, but our moron coach will always defer to the more experienced guy. Who cares who the better pass blocker is, I want a RB to run!'

'Put Aeris in! Kylin clearly can't pass block and it's killing us.'

bulldawg28
10-03-2018, 08:52 AM

'Kylin is clearly the more talented RB, but our moron coach will always defer to the more experienced guy. Who cares who the better pass blocker is, I want a RB to run!'

That last play Kylin blew it. The safety came untouched and he's on the outside looking to chip block. He's a terrible pass blocker

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 08:54 AM

Of all the things Moorhead has done, this has pissed me off the most. To replace Aeris to me, Kylin would've had to be WAY better than him, and he ain't. Is he faster ... yes. But he don't have the vision, can't shed the tackles, and can't pass block either.

If we give Aeris the ball 40% of the time in last 2 games, we win those games. And if he plays 75% of the snaps, we also complete more passes.

smootness
10-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Of all the things Moorhead has done, this has pissed me off the most. To replace Aeris to me, Kylin would've had to be WAY better than him, and he ain't. Is he faster ... yes. But he don't have the vision, can't shed the tackles, and can't pass block either.

If we give Aeris the ball 40% of the time in last 2 games, we win those games. And if he plays 75% of the snaps, we also complete more passes.

Yeah, and the fact that Aeris was playing over Kylin was used against Mullen heavily.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Yeah, and the fact that Aeris was playing over Kylin was used against Mullen heavily.

Not by me. I was bugged when Holloway was playing over Aeris. Aeris did miss the assignments at times back then, but he blocked when he didn't. Holloway never missed an assignment, but that poor boy would just get swatted aside by a LB.

msstate7
10-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Not by me. I was bugged when Holloway was playing over Aeris. Aeris did miss the assignments at times back then, but he blocked when he didn't. Holloway never missed an assignment, but that poor boy would just get swatted aside by a LB.

Maybe Mullen was making aeris reach his potential by forcing him to get better to play

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 09:04 AM
Maybe Mullen was making aeris reach his potential by forcing him to get better to play

Maybe he was. Didn't mean to seem critical of your boy **

msstate7
10-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Maybe he was. Didn't mean to seem critical of your boy **

I was over Mullen and pulling for FSU big time. Moorhead has given me separation anxiety now. We lost a solid 7, and replaced with a 2

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 09:44 AM
I'm over Mullen. I wish he would have stayed, but he didn't. I'm just thankful we didn't fire him or force him out. THAT would have been a bigger disaster than we have right now (if it's really a disaster). The guy is a good coach. He may be a great one. I think we are finding out a litttle bit about just how good he was right now.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 09:45 AM
I was over Mullen and pulling for FSU big time. Moorhead has given me separation anxiety now. We lost a solid 7, and replaced with a 2

Again it's too early to say this. Moorhead and Fitz ain't jellying right now but we'd be 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 if you gave us Moorhead's QB from last year.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 09:48 AM
I'm over Mullen. I wish he would have stayed, but he didn't. I'm just thankful we didn't fire him or force him out. THAT would have been a bigger disaster than we have right now (if it's really a disaster). The guy is a good coach. He may be a great one. I think we are finding out a litttle bit about just how good he was right now.

He lost to Mark Stoops in Gainesville 3 weeks ago. First time Florida has lost to Kentucky in 31 years. He should of lost to us with our horrendous offense 4 days ago if Osirus could catch a gift. Let's not go building the myth legend of Mullen into Saban now.

smootness
10-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Again it's too early to say this. Moorhead and Fitz ain't jellying right now but we'd be 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 if you gave us Moorhead's QB from last year.

I'm not sure I buy that. Our issues go way beyond QB play right now.

smootness
10-03-2018, 09:51 AM
He lost to Mark Stoops in Gainesville 3 weeks ago. First time Florida has lost to Kentucky in 31 years. He should of lost to us with our horrendous offense 4 days ago if Osirus could catch a gift. Let's not go building the myth legend of Mullen into Saban now.

Florida was a trainwreck when he showed up. He's already matched last year's win total.

We all thought Florida was a gimme win at the beginning of the year. Now we're trying to paint him barely beating us as not that big a deal?

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure I buy that. Our issues go way beyond QB play right now.

Sure they do but do you disagree that we are 5-0 with McSorley?

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Florida was a trainwreck when he showed up. He's already matched last year's win total.

We all thought Florida was a gimme win at the beginning of the year. Now we're trying to paint him barely beating us as not that big a deal?

We also thought Fitz was a legit heisman candidate.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 09:53 AM

Maybe, if he could bring a receiver or two with him. We don't play in the BIG though.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 09:54 AM

Really? A Heisman QB has to be able to pass the ball better than Fitz does, and did. Now if we were running the wishbone maybe.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 09:57 AM

Florida was an absolute train wreck last year. The improvement is remarkable. Nobody said anything about Saban. Hopefully we have seen the last one of those. Overall Saban has been horrible for college football.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Really? A Heisman QB has to be able to pass the ball better than Fitz does, and did. Now if we were running the wishbone maybe.

Rough morning of comprehension for you. I used the sentence in past tense. Vegas had odds on Fitz winning the heisman in preseason. Media dubbed him a heisman candidate.

smootness
10-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Sure they do but do you disagree that we are 5-0 with McSorley?

I disagree that it's a definite that we would be 5-0 with McSorley. I think some of the things that look like Fitz's issues are more problems with the offense in general.

smootness
10-03-2018, 10:00 AM

Correct. Both of these things being entirely different than we thought can be attributed to the coaching staff.

Because the Fitz of last year would be a Heisman candidate right now.

And this is my point re: McSorley vs. Fitz. It's easy to look and say, 'well, Fitzgerald just sucks now.'

Which is more likely, that Fitzgerald suddenly became much worse, or the new coaching staff can't figure out how to make our offense productive?

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Florida was an absolute train wreck last year. The improvement is remarkable. Nobody said anything about Saban. Hopefully we have seen the last one of those. Overall Saban has been horrible for college football.

Mullen's Florida isn't an improvement from McElwain's teams. That's the standard they fired the last guy at. Not the standard of an interim coach.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Rough morning of comprehension for you. I used the sentence in past tense. Vegas had odds on Fitz winning the heisman in preseason. Media dubbed him a heisman candidate.

Rough one for you you mean, you missed the "and did" obviously. He was no Heisman candidate before the season either.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Correct. Both of these things being entirely different than we thought can be attributed to the coaching staff.

And this is my point re: McSorley vs. Fitz. It's easy to look and say, 'well, Fitzgerald just sucks now.'

Which is more likely, that Fitzgerald suddenly became much worse, or the new coaching staff can't figure out how to make our offense productive?

Not unless he passed the ball better.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Mullen's Florida isn't an improvement from McElwain's teams. That's the standard they fired the last guy at. Not the standard of an interim coach.

Dude, you compare them to what they did last year. Your hatred blinds you.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 10:05 AM

Fitz isn't the same Fitz since having his ankle broken. Honestly it's crazy that everyone just expected him to be the same exact guy 10 months later after a horrific on the field injury. He wasn't able to practice fully till August and his confidence is probably shot to shit right now. You think opposing defenses ain't reminding him of that ankle injury every time they tackle his legs right now?

smootness
10-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Not unless he passed the ball better.

Sure, but he would have had an even better grasp of the offense. The likelihood of him improving his passing numbers was pretty high, as most QBs do.

A Mississippi State team QB leading the SEC in total offense would absolutely be a Heisman candidate as long as we were undefeated.

smootness
10-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Fitz isn't the same Fitz since having his ankle broken. Honestly it's crazy that everyone just expected him to be the same exact guy 10 months later after a horrific on the field injury. He wasn't able to practice fully till August and his confidence is probably shot to shit right now. You think opposing defenses ain't reminding him of that ankle injury every time they tackle his legs right now?

He doesn't look any different once he gets open space to me. The difference is he lacks confidence, struggles to find open space, and is getting sacked more.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Rough one for you you mean, you missed the "and did" obviously. He was no Heisman candidate before the season either.

Vegas doesn't put odds on non-candidates. No point of your "and did" as he's obviously no longer a candidate today.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Dude, you compare them to what they did last year. Your hatred blinds you.

I don't hate Mullen but you absolutely compare Mullen to McElwain and even Muschamp. At no point in time do you compare him to an interim coach's name I don't even know without googling it. You're bending the goalposts to make Mullen look better when you do that.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 10:10 AM

And going by recruiting rankings, there is more talent on FL's team than ours or KYs.

ETA: Not saying Mullen ain't a good coach and I tried to caution everyone preseason to not just pencil that W in for that game.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 10:14 AM
He doesn't look any different once he gets open space to me. The difference is he lacks confidence, struggles to find open space, and is getting sacked more.

That's a lot of downsides you just listed. How often has he gotten into open space this year vs the two SEC opponents we've faced? He's also majorly struggling to run the offense at a fast pace. I don't mean to pile on Fitz right now but he has been bad and it needs to be said if everyone is gonna be melting on Moorhead instead.

smootness
10-03-2018, 10:35 AM
That's a lot of downsides you just listed. How often has he gotten into open space this year vs the two SEC opponents we've faced? He's also majorly struggling to run the offense at a fast pace. I don't mean to pile on Fitz right now but he has been bad and it needs to be said if everyone is gonna be melting on Moorhead instead.

Not very often, and that's the problem.

And he's not running the offense at a fast pace because it doesn't seem like it can be run at a fast pace. Not when the whole offense is looking over to the sideline all the time. That's not a QB decision, that is the way it's designed.

Of course he's been bad. But when he was really good last year and absolutely dreadful this year, I'm going to put the majority of the blame on the thing that has changed - the offensive scheme and coaching staff.

sleepy dawg
10-03-2018, 10:39 AM

Kylin over Aries is the least of our problems. There are way more impactful "if" scenarios that changed the last 2 games than those which of those 2 got the most time between them. They are both among the best and most talented players we have.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Not very often, and that's the problem.

And he's not running the offense at a fast pace because it doesn't seem like it can be run at a fast pace. Not when the whole offense is looking over to the sideline all the time. That's not a QB decision, that is the way it's designed.

Of course he's been bad. But when he was really good last year and absolutely dreadful this year, I'm going to put the majority of the blame on the thing that has changed - the offensive scheme and coaching staff.

By far my least favorite aspect of Moorhead so far is the entire roster checking with daddy to tell them the play taking up 3000 seconds at a clip. One thing I admire about Auburn and Gus is how fast he runs the offense. They get half their yards every game because they snap the ball so fast while the defense is confused and out of position. Nobody will ever be out of position on us when we give them half a century to get ready and aligned correctly. Moorhead micromanages every single play and then at the same exact time says he gives Fitz the freedom to choose RPO. That makes no damn sense. That's like your girlfriend telling you don't cheat but at the same time hands you a box of rubbers and drops you off at the strip club as she tells you to have fun.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Vegas doesn't put odds on non-candidates. No point of your "and did" as he's obviously no longer a candidate today.

Vegas has no say in who is a candidate.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 11:29 AM

Yep

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 11:30 AM
I don't hate Mullen but you absolutely compare Mullen to McElwain and even Muschamp. At no point in time do you compare him to an interim coach's name I don't even know without googling it. You're bending the goalposts to make Mullen look better when you do that.

No I'm not. You look at what a team was the year before. You don't want to do it because it makes Mullen look better, and that goes against your faith.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 11:32 AM

The pace the offense is being run at has nothing to do with Fitz. He is doing what he is supposed to be doing in this scheme. You are totally clueless.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Vegas has no say in who is a candidate.

Then go by the media genius. I'm not pulling it outta my ass that Fitz was listed as a heisman candidate coming into the season. Look it up google boy.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 11:46 AM
No I'm not. You look at what a team was the year before. You don't want to do it because it makes Mullen look better, and that goes against your faith.

Yea the standard that Mullen will be compared to from here on is how Randy Shannon did as an interim coach in 2017. Moron.

The pace the offense is being run at has nothing to do with Fitz. He is doing what he is supposed to be doing in this scheme. You are totally clueless.

Ever heard of a 2 minute drill there clueless guy? Who do you think is most responsible for speeding up the offense during a 2 minute drill? The same principle applies throughout the entire game. If the offense is taking forever it's the QB and the play caller that need to speed everything up. He's the QB and he can get everyone lined up and ready to go faster than anyone in the stadium.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 11:46 AM
Then go by the media genius. I'm not pulling it outta my ass that Fitz was listed as a heisman candidate coming into the season. Look it up google boy.

Well, If you have to google your thoughts...……………...

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Yea the standard that Mullen will be compared to from here on is how Randy Shannon did as an interim coach in 2017. Moron.

Ever heard of a 2 minute drill there clueless guy? Who do you think is most responsible for speeding up the offense during a 2 minute drill? The same principle applies throughout the entire game. If the offense is taking forever it's the QB and the play caller that need to speed everything up. He's the QB and he can get everyone lined up and ready to go faster than anyone in the stadium.

No, the standard he will be compared to at Florida is Steve Spurrier. Even somebody like you ought to know that. The improvement from the previous year is still remarkable.

Fitz is doing what he is told to do. He ain't controlling the tempo at all. Have you been to a game yet? If you had you would/should know. All you have to do is watch How we do what we do.

smootness
10-03-2018, 11:53 AM

Why wasn't tempo a problem last year?

Fitz could go faster, but clearly that isn't the gameplan. The QB doesn't just hurry things up on his own.

msstate7
10-03-2018, 11:56 AM
No, the standard he will be compared to at Florida is Steve Spurrier. Even somebody like you ought to know that. The improvement from the previous year is still remarkable.

Fitz is doing what he is told to do. He ain't controlling the tempo at all. Have you been to a game yet? If you had you would/should know. All you have to do is watch How we do what we do.

Urban was better. Both have .813 winning % at Florida, but urban has 2 natties in 6 years; urban has 1 in 12 years

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Why wasn't tempo a problem last year?

Fitz could go faster, but clearly that isn't the gameplan. The QB doesn't just hurry things up on his own.

You must of thought I was content with how fast Moorhead's offense is running. I am not. Not at all. Moorhead is #1 shithead on the shithead slow offense. Fitz is #2.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 12:12 PM

Everyone else under the age of a cemetery will compare Mullen to Urban, Muschamp and McElwain before Spurrier. You on the other hand compare him to Randy Shannon and Spurrier.

smootness
10-03-2018, 12:14 PM
You must of thought I was content with how fast Moorhead's offense is running. I am not. Not at all. Moorhead is #1 shithead on the shithead slow offense. Fitz is #2.

And what I'm saying is that the coach tells the player what to do. Even if you assign more blame to Moorhead, I don't think you should assign much at all to Fitzgerald. And if Moorhead can't get his QB (who has run offenses more quickly than this) to run his offense faster, that's again on him.

It's ultimately on coaching. There is no evidence to suggest Moorhead wants to run the offense faster and Fitzgerald just isn't listening. And if this is the tempo Moorhead wants, you can't put any blame on Fitzgerald.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 12:18 PM

Would you like to start a thread and breakdown the 2017 Florida Gators season for us so we can see how much of an improvement Mullen has made from the 2017 McElwain who was 3-4 with losses to Michigan, Georgia, 1 point loss to LSU and 2 point loss to aTm? Then show us how much of an improvement Mullen has made to the 1-3 Randy Shannon that lost to USCe, blowout loss to Missouri and a semi blowout loss to Florida State.

Like I said. You're comparing Mullen to Randy Shannon not McElwain because it makes your buddy look better. i.e. moving the goalposts to bring the most light possible on Mullen

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 12:27 PM
And what I'm saying is that the coach tells the player what to do. Even if you assign more blame to Moorhead, I don't think you should assign much at all to Fitzgerald. And if Moorhead can't get his QB (who has run offenses more quickly than this) to run his offense faster, that's again on him.

It's ultimately on coaching. There is no evidence to suggest Moorhead wants to run the offense faster and Fitzgerald just isn't listening. And if this is the tempo Moorhead wants, you can't put any blame on Fitzgerald.

You're right. I am hoping that Fitz tells Moorhead to 17 off and to 17ing speed up and starts running the offense much much faster but that isn't realistic and it isn't Fitz's fault Moorhead wants to sing kumbaya and cook s'mores on the sideline in between snaps. Maybe Fitz will get a mohawk and start taking control of this shit show before his NFL draft prospects plummet into Antarctica but that'd require some textbook insubordination. I'm also not totally sold that Fitz is even aware the pace of the offense is even an issue.

Gutter Cobreh
10-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Let's put it this way...

Fitz runs the offense about as well as Liverpool and Smootness utilize the multi-quote reply button on this site...

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY GUYS - use the button when commenting back to multiple posts. It makes it easier for me to skip over what you've written as opposed to having to scroll halfway down the page.

smootness
10-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Let's put it this way...

Fitz runs the offense about as well as Liverpool and Smootness utilize the multi-quote reply button on this site...

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY GUYS - use the button when commenting back to multiple posts. It makes it easier for me to skip over what you've written as opposed to having to scroll halfway down the page.

Nah

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Urban was better. Both have .813 winning % at Florida, but urban has 2 natties in 6 years; urban has 1 in 12 years

Yes, but visor boy is the legend and the one that put them in the map. They judged Urban by him. Also, Spurrier is back in the process down there, remember?

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Nah

Nope, me either.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 02:21 PM
You're right. I am hoping that Fitz tells Moorhead to 17 off and to 17ing speed up and starts running the offense much much faster but that isn't realistic and it isn't Fitz's fault Moorhead wants to sing kumbaya and cook s'mores on the sideline in between snaps. Maybe Fitz will get a mohawk and start taking control of this shit show before his NFL draft prospects plummet into Antarctica but that'd require some textbook insubordination. I'm also not totally sold that Fitz is even aware the pace of the offense is even an issue.

He ain't getting drafted as a QB, and never was. That still has nothing to do with the pace. That's on the coaches entirely.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Would you like to start a thread and breakdown the 2017 Florida Gators season for us so we can see how much of an improvement Mullen has made from the 2017 McElwain who was 3-4 with losses to Michigan, Georgia, 1 point loss to LSU and 2 point loss to aTm? Then show us how much of an improvement Mullen has made to the 1-3 Randy Shannon that lost to USCe, blowout loss to Missouri and a semi blowout loss to Florida State.

Like I said. You're comparing Mullen to Randy Shannon not McElwain because it makes your buddy look better. i.e. moving the goalposts to bring the most light possible on Mullen

They have already equaled last year's win total. Now if they don't win another one the rest of the year get back to me.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Everyone else under the age of a cemetery will compare Mullen to Urban, Muschamp and McElwain before Spurrier. You on the other hand compare him to Randy Shannon and Spurrier.

Ok 61. You win, lol at you.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 02:32 PM
He ain't getting drafted as a QB, and never was. That still has nothing to do with the pace. That's on the coaches entirely.

#91 overall draft ranking. As a QB. That's in the 3rd round. Do I think he'll get drafted in the 3rd round? No but somebody does and that somebody is CBS.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

Homedawg
10-03-2018, 02:33 PM

Fitz has zero to do with why our offense is slow paced. He gets the play(late of course) we run it. once the snap takes place he reads, whomever, depending on the particular call and goes from there. It's that simple.

Homedawg
10-03-2018, 02:34 PM
#91 overall draft ranking. As a QB. That's in the 3rd round. Do I think he'll get drafted in the 3rd round? No but somebody does and that somebody is CBS.

He has zero chance of getting drafted and never did, I can't help it whoever put that together is an idiot. Now, he has and can be a very good college QB.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 02:34 PM

Well, let's see what happens there shall we. I wouldn't draft him as a QB, and never would have. He is good when he runs. He isn't when he doesn't.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 02:56 PM

double post

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 03:14 PM
There is a couple QB coaches in the NFL that will drool over his arm and size. If Fitz starts the rest of the year he'll get drafted I am guessing late 6th-7th rounds. Certainly at worst will get signed as an UDFA.

Homedawg
10-03-2018, 03:21 PM
There is a couple QB coaches in the NFL that will drool over his arm and size. If Fitz starts the rest of the year he'll get drafted I am guessing late 6th-7th rounds. Certainly at worst will get signed as an UDFA.

there are lots of guys who can throw it a long way. His accuracy has always been an issue, and it's not better. Will someone give him a shot? Sure, hell each team starts off w 90 guys. There is less than a 1% he makes a roster.

msstate7
10-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Fitz probably kicks himself daily for not trying to follow Mullen.

TrapGame
10-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Fitz probably kicks himself daily for not trying to follow Mullen.

Do you know how sick to my stomach I would have been to see Fitz in blue and orange running it down our throats and hitting those Florida WRs?!!

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 03:58 PM
there are lots of guys who can throw it a long way. His accuracy has always been an issue, and it's not better. Will someone give him a shot? Sure, hell each team starts off w 90 guys. There is less than a 1% he makes a roster.

You don't have to sell me on Fitz's shortcomings I am well aware already. Mock draft boards generally aren't off by hundreds of spots. Fitz is comfortably in the draft as of right now. That it no way is me touting his awesomeness. I think he's been very poor this year. Especially with his reads. He still has an NFL arm at the end of the day and no Homedawg not a lot of dudes have Fitz's size, arm and athleticism.

smootness
10-03-2018, 04:01 PM
You don't have to sell me on Fitz's shortcomings I am well aware already. Mock draft boards generally aren't off by hundreds of spots. Fitz is comfortably in the draft as of right now. That it no way is me touting his awesomeness. I think he's been very poor this year. Especially with his reads. He still has an NFL arm at the end of the day and no Homedawg not a lot of dudes have Fitz's size, arm and athleticism.

Chad Kelly ring a bell? Cardale Jones? Brett Hundley? Aaron Murray? Matt Barkley? Jake Coker?

The projections on these guys were all off by 100+ spots at this point compared to where they were actually drafted. And those are just guys who were projected near the top of the draft at some point. That doesn't include guys who were projected 3rd-4th round and then weren't drafted.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 04:10 PM
This far out they absolutely can be. Guys have gone from projected #1 picks to basically out of the draft, especially at QB.

Only player I can think of fitting that description is Jevan Snead. I'm sure there are others so feel free to name them so we can take a trip down memory lane.

msstate7
10-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Do you know how sick to my stomach I would have been to see Fitz in blue and orange running it down our throats and hitting those Florida WRs?!!

Probably as sick as me

Gutter Cobreh
10-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Nope, me either.

double post

Funny to see a double post from you, after acknowledging your resistance to the multi-reply feature...See you and Moorhead have something in common - both of you are stubborn in your ways.

Gutter Cobreh
10-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Do you know how ecstatic I would have been to see Fitz in blue and orange running it right at Simmons and hitting our DBs in the numbers via overthrown balls?!!

FIFY

smootness
10-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Only player I can think of fitting that description is Jevan Snead. I'm sure there are others so feel free to name them so we can take a trip down memory lane.

Ah yes, forgot Jevan Snead. I knew there was somebody I was forgetting, one of the all-timers, and that was definitely it.

smootness
10-03-2018, 04:16 PM
FIFY

Had Florida had Fitzgerald on Saturday, we would have lost by about 30.

Homedawg
10-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Didn't say anything about his athleticism, I said he can't hit a trash can standing still at 15 yards. That's how you becom a nfl qb.

Homedawg
10-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Chad Kelly ring a bell? Cardale Jones? Brett Hundley? Aaron Murray? Matt Barkley? Jake Coker?

The projections on these guys were all off by 100+ spots at this point compared to where they were actually drafted. And those are just guys who were projected near the top of the draft at some point. That doesn't include guys who were projected 3rd-4th round and then weren't drafted.

Don't start letting facts get in the way of a good argument

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 05:16 PM

Almost all those guys spent decent time in the NFL and some are still on rosters.

Really Clark?
10-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Almost all those guys spent decent time in the NFL and some are still on rosters.

That’s irrelevant to the OP’s point, they were vastly overrated in the draft projections

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 05:51 PM
That’s irrelevant to the OP’s point, they were vastly overrated in the draft projections

Ok and I said "mock draft boards generally aren't off by hundreds of spots". I didn't say it never happens.