PDA

View Full Version : Tweet

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2018, 11:02 AM
https://twitter.com/WillieYRN/status/1047115632297349120

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Wow, these players have no respect for our coaches, do they?

Coursesuper
10-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Wow

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Wow, these players have no respect for our coaches, do they?

No comment

MarketingBully
10-02-2018, 11:07 AM
How bad a QB do you have to be to just hold the damn ball like that?

msu15
10-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Liked by Jett Johnson, Elias Cane, and Kylin Hill so far.

Bass Chaser
10-02-2018, 11:08 AM
You may want to see Matt Wyatt's breakdown on that play. Our TE is wide open no one covering him.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Says a lot about the "respect" this team has for the staff

BuckyIsAB****

A confused QB that is trying to learn a dumbass algebraic offense. If you're blaming all our problems, or the majority of them on Fitz or any one kid then you dont get it

BuckyIsAB****
You may want to see Matt Wyatt's breakdown on that play. Our TE is wide open no one covering him.

True but thats not the point

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2018, 11:10 AM

I'll bite. If I was a coach or player on the team I would be furious

chef dixon
10-02-2018, 11:12 AM

Don't hate on Fitz man, its never his fault

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Players laughing at us losing on Twitter. This after Guidry tweeting during halftime. I don't see how we turn this around when we have no control of the players

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Players laughing at us losing on Twitter. This after Guidry tweeting during halftime. I don't see how we turn this around when we have no control of the players

At the very least it is not a good look

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Don't hate on Fitz man, its never his fault

Its not all his fault no. 10 can do right and 1 can do wrong and bust a play. It takes 11

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Is Willie throwing shade at Fitz? Is there something wrong with our leadership in the locker room?

BeardoMSU
10-02-2018, 11:19 AM
He also retweeted Jeff Simmons' post about "we all we got, we all we need. I love this team"....

maybe don't read players' twitter accounts if you can't handle it.

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2018, 11:20 AM
He also retweeted Jeff Simmons' post about "we all we got, we all we need. I love this team"....

Knew this was coming. Maybe theres nothing to it. Maybe it means a lot. But this isnt a 17 year old kid. This is an established member of the team.

Like I said, at the very least its not a good look even if its harmless

msudawglb
10-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Its not all his fault no. 10 can do right and 1 can do wrong and bust a play. It takes 11

Maybe someone should tweet to Willie that a LB who can?t catch a wide open pick 6 is even funnier.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:21 AM

Someone should go find an Ohio state or bama tweet mocking the team losing. Hell, go find any team worth a crap. This is complete garbage, and ridiculous you excuse it.

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Fitz just doesn't seem to be picking it up. A 5th year senior who is basically taking no classes shouldn't be just staring down a receiver like that. Listening to JoMo's press conference, he said Fitz didn't lack any confidence. Maybe Fitz needs to humble himself some. I have heard of Simmons, Green, and Abram talking to the team but have heard nothing about Fitz. Maybe he is and it isn't getting publicized but your QB is the leader of the team whether you like it or not. If he isn't then there are problems.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2018, 11:27 AM
When you have 100 team mates someone isn't going to be happy and with social media you could read too much into it. I get text messages from my kids and I have to ask for help on some of them. When I see just letters shortening the message I sometimes don't know. I always text them back tell them don't be lazy. I don't do tweeter. I think it is very creepy.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:29 AM
When you have 100 team mates someone isn't going to be happy and with social media you could read too much into it. I get text messages from my kids and I have to ask for help on some of them. When I see just letters shortening the message I sometimes don't know. I always text them back tell them don't be lazy. I don't do tweeter. I think it is very creepy.

Take twitter away during season

Cooterpoot
10-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Meh

TUSK
10-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Someone should go find an Ohio state or Bama player tweet mocking the team losing. Hell, go find any team worth a crap. This is complete garbage, and ridiculous you excuse it.

Does not compute.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Does not compute.

They'd be under the bench

Lord McBuckethead
10-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Knew this was coming. Maybe theres nothing to it. Maybe it means a lot. But this isnt a 17 year old kid. This is an established member of the team.

Like I said, at the very least its not a good look even if its harmless

Still pretty funny. Was that targeting though?

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Still pretty funny. Was that targeting though?

He did make forcable contact to head or neck area. In nfl, it would be a penalty for sure for falling on him with all his weight. I hate that new rule

Dawgology
10-02-2018, 11:48 AM
They have no respect for Fitz. Plenty of respect for their coach I think.

Dawg2003
10-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Says a lot about the "respect" this team has for the staff

Sadly, also may say a lot about how much they respect their own teammates too, especially Nick.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 11:50 AM

Liking a tweet doesn't mean you endorse the tweet. Lots of people use that button to show the other user they've seen the tweet and Willie Gay throwing up laughing emoji's doesn't mean much either. Stop dissecting player's accounts like you have any idea about twitter trolls yourself and how to respond to them.

MarketingBully
10-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Luginbill says he’d bench Fitz for Thompson on OOB this morning. Interesting...

msu15
10-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Liking a tweet doesn't mean you endorse the tweet. Lots of people use that button to show the other user they've seen the tweet and Willie Gay throwing up laughing emoji's doesn't mean much either. Stop dissecting player's accounts like you have any idea about twitter trolls yourself and how to respond to them.

Where did I say that I was "dissecting player's accounts". I don't even have a twitter. You get no points for this.

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Luginbill says he’d bench Fitz for Thompson on OOB this morning. Interesting...

Lugs also told Bo this past Saturday after the game that Moorhead should fire Marcus Johnson ASAP.

Irondawg
10-02-2018, 11:59 AM
They brought 8 guys---- 8! the main blown blocking assignment was Jenkins not taking the safety who was clearly creeping up. He picks at least that one up and maybe Fitz has a chance to find one of the guys that was running uncovered

msstate7
Lugs also told Bo this past Saturday after the game that Moorhead should fire Marcus Johnson ASAP.

Hopefully Johnson is the biggest factor in our struggles and not Moorhead

Cooterpoot
All the media that have seen us prior to the season mentioned concerns about how the OL was being coached. People knew.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 12:00 PM
They brought 8 guys---- 8! the main blown blocking assignment was Jenkins not taking the safety who was clearly creeping up. He picks at least that one up and maybe Fitz has a chance to find one of the guys that was running uncovered

4th down vs grantham should've been max protect or wr screen or swing pass

Dawg2003
10-02-2018, 12:01 PM

All this stuff really gives you a window into the mindset of these kids. On Sunday, Kylin was tweeting out that he couldn't wait until Sundays (aka the NFL). He arrogant and more concerned with playing in the NFL than this team.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2018, 12:02 PM

When you build a mostly new staff the guys that have never worked with the head coach & know nothing about his offense are ALWAYS a risk. When you get the OL hire wrong, it destroys your offense. There is no offense in the world that can overcome poor OL play

MarketingBully
10-02-2018, 12:06 PM

Neither of those takes are wrong.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Where did I say that I was "dissecting player's accounts". I don't even have a twitter. You get no points for this.

I quoted you but was really talking just in general to the board. Sorry I have a bad habit of doing that.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 12:11 PM
4th down vs grantham should've been max protect or wr screen or swing pass

Our QB should know what's coming since everyone of us does. How does Fitz not see the safety blitzing straight at him from ten yards behind the L.O.S.?

MarketingBully
10-02-2018, 12:12 PM

The guy was running full speed into his main field of vision and Fitz just stood there. You act like Fitz is Tyler Russell. At the very least he could of gone to the outside and I don’t know used his 4.4 speed to make a guy miss. They sent 9. No way in hell our line was going to block that. Hell, it’s the same play that lost us the Alabama game last year. Alabama’s OL couldn’t block that play last year but Hurts was slippery enough to evade the rush long enough to spot the wide open receiver. Getting sacked like that just tells you all you need to know about Fitz and his pocket awareness as a passer.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 12:21 PM
The guy was running full speed into his main field of vision and Fitz just stood there. You act like Fitz is Tyler Russell. At the very least he could of gone to the outside and I don’t know used his 4.4 speed to make a guy miss. They sent 9. No way in hell our line was going to block that. Hell, it’s the same play that lost us the Alabama game last year. Alabama’s OL couldn’t block that play last year but Hurts was slippery enough to evade the rush long enough to spot the wide open receiver. Getting sacked like that just tells you all you need to know about Fitz and his pocket awareness as a passer.

Makes me think he might of had a concussion. Never want to speculate on injuries like that but the last time I saw a QB not being able to react to the most obvious blitzes was when Eli took 9 sacks in the first half on a MNF game. He had a concussion and the Giants were late on identifying it. He didn't play the second half.

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 12:31 PM
Neither of those takes are wrong.

Yep, right as rain.

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 12:37 PM

Reminded me of Wayne Madkin running out of bounds at LSU in Overtime to end the game with a 3 yard loss. There is no reason not to just chunk the ball like a punt at that point in time. If they intercept and return it for a TD, still doesn't matter because the game is over.

I think Fitz was just bird dogging one receiver and wasn't checking off. He either didn't recognize the possibility of a blitz which is dumb considering its Grantham or he was intent on throwing to one guy who had one on one coverage.

Fitz like it or not just doesn't understand this offense right now. Even against non SEC defenses, he still didn't look great.

mparkerfd20
10-02-2018, 12:46 PM
He's not laughing that we lost. He's not laughing that Nick got his ass drilled into the ground. He's laughing at the tweet where someone said Hold R2 and the square button... referring to saftey blitz on PlayStation. Which I guess maybe a sort of chuckle, but I probably wouldn't have tweeted about it.

Prediction? Pain.
10-02-2018, 12:55 PM
I'm ignorant in the ways of all things tweet -- and generally agree that trying to discern a young person's motives in posting something on social media is like jumping headfirst into the abyss -- but I read the dude's laughing-face-emoji things differently than everyone else. When I clicked the link and saw the words "Relentless Effort" in the original Florida tweet without even watching the video, I assumed that's what spurred Leo's reaction -- he was laughing hysterically at the recycled, played-out Mullenism that's alive and well in Gainsville. Hell, it even made me chuckle, too. But then after coming back to the thread and reading all y'all's takes, it looks like I'm the only one who read it that way.

After reading this thread, I can certainly see how Leo likely chose the wrong context -- sack of your QB on a game-losing play in a game that included his own dropped pick six -- to mock the Strain Train to Efforttown. But at first blush, at least, mocking the Mullenism makes more sense than mocking his own team, especially if other players on our team liked (or retweeted (or whatever)) it.

That's how it looks to me, anyway. Of course, I could totally be wrong and dude could be acting like a giant ass and throwing his team under the bus.

LC Dawg
10-02-2018, 12:57 PM
He's not laughing that we lost. He's not laughing that Nick got his ass drilled into the ground. He's laughing at the tweet where someone said Hold R2 and the square button... referring to saftey blitz on PlayStation. Which I guess maybe a sort of chuckle, but I probably wouldn't have tweeted about it.

I was just about to post this when I read your post. I can't believe it took until the 3rd page of comments before someone said it. I'm 50 years old and I knew what he was laughing at. I also wouldn't have tweeted it but I don't understand a lot of things that 18-22 year old people do or tweet. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me to find out Gay was sitting by Fitz when he tweeted it.

Prediction? Pain.
10-02-2018, 12:58 PM

Oh, that's another angle I hadn't considered. That may be just as or more likely than the read I got when I first saw it.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Watch the video again. Fitz is staring straight at the guy blitzing him from ten yards out and doesn't react one bit to it. He definitely saw the guy.

https://twitter.com/FloridaGators/status/1046872412791418880

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2018, 01:35 PM

I saw that at the game. Literally no one within 30 yards of him. Made me sick seeing that.

Bothrops
10-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Please stay the **** off twitter!

yjnkdawg
10-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Supposedly grown men attempting to interpret and getting upset over our players, or recruits' tweets is pretty ridiculous in itself.

yjnkdawg
10-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Watch the video again. Fitz is staring straight at the guy blitzing him from ten yards out and doesn't react one bit to it. He definitely saw the guy.

https://twitter.com/FloridaGators/status/1046872412791418880

It just seemed like Fitz was stuck in quicksand or something. Like he couldn't move. Unreal!

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 04:15 PM
It just seemed like Fitz was stuck in quicksand or something. Like he couldn't move. Unreal!

The Oline actually did a great job on the blitz. Kylin gets his man on the ground also. That delayed blitz is on Fitz, he has to read that and know he is coming.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Please stay the **** off twitter!

Yep!

msstate7
10-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Supposedly grown men attempting to interpret and getting upset over our players, or recruits' tweets is pretty ridiculous in itself.

What's to interrupt? He's laughing at the play that ended the game for us. Nothing funny about it to me. I like to win

BeardoMSU
10-02-2018, 04:48 PM

Getting mad at twitter like...

https://media.giphy.com/media/YQ1xtJuNmxKNO/giphy.gif

Dawgology
10-02-2018, 04:51 PM

It's almost like his awareness is impaired for some reason.

Turfdawg67
10-02-2018, 05:00 PM
What's to interrupt? He's laughing at the play that ended the game for us. Nothing funny about it to me. I like to win

10 comments in a negative thread and 1 in a positive Pickering one. 45978 and counting! Hell you can post 22 negative things in your sleep. Congrats to be the first to 45K!! "I like to win". LOLZ... message board hero.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 05:06 PM
10 comments in a negative thread and 1 in a positive Pickering one. 45978 and counting! Hell you can post 22 negative things in your sleep. Congrats to be the first to 45K!! "I like to win". LOLZ... message board hero.

Do you ever post anything besides my post count?

On the subject of counting, my profile has been visited over 53,000 times, and I swear you and gutter were 40,000 of the visits

Turfdawg67
10-02-2018, 05:15 PM
44979... winner. "I like to win". Gold!

MaroonFlounder
10-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Well, it was 4th down, and it looked like the TE was wide open. What was Fitz doing standing there like a statue? Going through his progressions? It's 4th down! Just get a pass off at least, and hope somebody runs under it or gets interfered with. It's so stupid to not even have a chance.

mstatefan91
10-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Without reading all of the comments, it?s a very immature thing to do. That?s about all I have to say about it

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-02-2018, 06:03 PM
https://twitter.com/WillieYRN/status/1047115632297349120

I thought it was rather pathetic of him jokingly laughing at his teammate get Blown the **** up.. But oh well Nice dropped pick 6 Willie lol at that!!

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-02-2018, 07:19 PM
Guys, it's clear the tweet is laughing at the button part, not at Fitz or at our staff. Is there an underlying intent of "see Fitz, you suck ass" or "my coaches are terrible"? I guess that's possible, but it's also possible as noted above he was sitting right next to Fitz when he tweeted it. We have 0 idea what the motive he had past the video game part, IF THERE EVEN WAS ONE. These are kids who stay on social media a lot and retweet things they find funny without thinking "What will overly obsessive 50 year old State fans read into this tweet?". To assume there is a motive beyond the obvious (he found it funny) is just that, an assumption. Judging by what players and recruits tweet, it looks like they don't give any though at all to how things can be taken. They like it, they retweet it. That's the extent of the thought process, and that's why you shouldn't read into their tweets

Now, onto the play itself: Fitz genuinely looked like he had a concussion. though I though he looked like that late against Kentucky too, so idk. It's clear that the pressure our OL gives up, coupled with pass schemes and mental responsibilities he clearly can't handle, causes him to get worse as the game goes on. Less accurate throws, worse pre-snap reads, worse post snap reads, and worse body language. We're giving him 4 WR routes when he has never been fast enough to make more than 3, or 2 given how bad our OL is. It's clear pressure gets to his head, and the staff should have focused less on giving him targets and more on giving him protection so he could actually execute the play.

I do not, however, think KT is the way to go. I listened to Luginbill (sp?), and his logic was this: 1) Thompson is a better passer (he's literally always struggled with accuracy and timing, including the only game we've seen him in this year). 2) He's got an "it" factor that Fitz doesn't and the team plays better with him (huh? the team definitely didn't look to play better in the Egg Bowl or bowl game than they did with Fitz in, and the way the O performed vs SFA wasn't any more inspired than how they did vs ULL). Dak had the "it" factor and we all knew it when he won the '13 egg bowl, KT lost his opportunity to do the same. I don't get either of his points, and I've never seen anything out of KT to make me think he's a better passer, leader, or reader of defenses. He's basically a Fitz clone, just a little more cerebral and calm, which is why I think he will be good for us when he gets more coaching. Bu the SFA game showed me he's nowhere near fast enough with his post snap reads to play SEC Ds. Not to mention the potential fallout in the locker room. I agree with Lugs though that Johnson needs to be fired at the end of the season. (anyone know how Looney's done with the ULL OL?)

The problem is 3 fold: 1) Terrible pass protection, 2) Way too many pass plays compared to RB touches, and many of the pass plays are too complicated for the time the OL gives, 3) Fitz is inaccurate and bad at reads because he doesn't understand the O. 1) and 2) will 100% be the same if we bench Fitz, and based on the SFA game none of 3) will be fixed either. Even if KT did fix 3), 1) and 2) are far greater problems

RocketDawg
10-02-2018, 07:35 PM

I must be dumber than I think, and maybe you're in the same boat, but I don't really understand the Gay tweet. It's in response to an official Florida Football tweet that I don't really understand, but why is Gay's response so bad. Obviously, a lot of the language of youngsters today goes right over my head.

Turfdawg67
10-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Guys, it's clear the tweet is laughing at the button part, not at Fitz or at our staff. Is there an underlying intent of "see Fitz, you suck ass" or "my coaches are terrible"? I guess that's possible, but it's also possible as noted above he was sitting right next to Fitz when he tweeted it. We have 0 idea what the motive he had past the video game part, IF THERE EVEN WAS ONE. These are kids who stay on social media a lot and retweet things they find funny without thinking "What will overly obsessive 50 year old State fans read into this tweet?". To assume there is a motive beyond the obvious (he found it funny) is just that, an assumption. Judging by what players and recruits tweet, it looks like they don't give any though at all to how things can be taken. They like it, they retweet it. That's the extent of the thought process, and that's why you shouldn't read into their tweets

Now, onto the play itself: Fitz genuinely looked like he had a concussion. though I though he looked like that late against Kentucky too, so idk. It's clear that the pressure our OL gives up, coupled with pass schemes and mental responsibilities he clearly can't handle, causes him to get worse as the game goes on. Less accurate throws, worse pre-snap reads, worse post snap reads, and worse body language. We're giving him 4 WR routes when he has never been fast enough to make more than 3, or 2 given how bad our OL is. It's clear pressure gets to his head, and the staff should have focused less on giving him targets and more on giving him protection so he could actually execute the play.

I do not, however, think KT is the way to go. I listened to Luginbill (sp?), and his logic was this: 1) Thompson is a better passer (he's literally always struggled with accuracy and timing, including the only game we've seen him in this year). 2) He's got an "it" factor that Fitz doesn't and the team plays better with him (huh? the team definitely didn't look to play better in the Egg Bowl or bowl game than they did with Fitz in, and the way the O performed vs SFA wasn't any more inspired than how they did vs ULL). Dak had the "it" factor and we all knew it when he won the '13 egg bowl, KT lost his opportunity to do the same. I don't get either of his points, and I've never seen anything out of KT to make me think he's a better passer, leader, or reader of defenses. He's basically a Fitz clone, just a little more cerebral and calm, which is why I think he will be good for us when he gets more coaching. Bu the SFA game showed me he's nowhere near fast enough with his post snap reads to play SEC Ds. Not to mention the potential fallout in the locker room. I agree with Lugs though that Johnson needs to be fired at the end of the season. (anyone know how Looney's done with the ULL OL?)

The problem is 3 fold: 1) Terrible pass protection, 2) Way too many pass plays compared to RB touches, and many of the pass plays are too complicated for the time the OL gives, 3) Fitz is inaccurate and bad at reads because he doesn't understand the O. 1) and 2) will 100% be the same if we bench Fitz, and based on the SFA game none of 3) will be fixed either. Even if KT did fix 3), 1) and 2) are far greater problems

Oh yeah, screw your logic!! Moorhead sux and I love Mullen and Hev. - MSState7.5***

msstate7
10-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Oh yeah, screw your logic!! Moorhead sux and I love Mullen and Hev. - MSState7.5***

Infatuation.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2018, 07:46 PM
I don't do twitter. Personally I wish they would stay off Twitter but that being said I don't ever read anything into what anyone does on twitter. Whatever these kids say or do on twitter can have a million different meanings. If you start trying to figure out what is being said on twitter you're chasing your tail.

Turfdawg67
10-02-2018, 07:47 PM
I thought it was rather pathetic of him jokingly laughing at his teammate get Blown the **** up.. But oh well Nice dropped pick 6 Willie lol at that!!

Ha! Forgot about that! Fitz should tweet a video in response to that with his missed INT. Man, that + Mitchell's drop and we win going away. Of course the overall problems would remain.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 07:48 PM
I don't do twitter. Personally I wish they would stay off Twitter but that being said I don't ever read anything into what anyone does on twitter. Whatever these kids say or do on twitter can have a million different meanings. If you start trying to figure out what is being said on twitter you're chasing your tail.

The point is it looks awful. Again, please find 1 tweet from 1 player tweeting/retweeting a team mate getting blown up by an opponent to lose a game, and laughing about it.

Turfdawg67
10-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Truth is a bitter pill. -44984!!!

ETA: Sh*t... 44985. Hard to keep up.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-02-2018, 07:52 PM
It's almost like his awareness is impaired for some reason.

Almost like he was just expecting it, I mean you get the hell knocked out of you every time a pass is called, might as well brace for it.

Commercecomet24
The point is it looks awful. Again, please find 1 tweet from 1 player tweeting/retweeting a team mate getting blown up by an opponent to lose a game, and laughing about it.

I just said I don't do twitter. And as I said I wish they would stay off completely but that's just me. And you're just assuming he's laughing at the play. He could be laughing at the controller part of it or a hundred different other things. Stay off Twitter your life will be much happier lol

msstate7
Truth is a bitter pill. -44984!!!

8 of your last 9 posts are about me. I bet you touch yourself thinking I'm that shark in your pic and you're riding me.

TUSK
10-02-2018, 08:04 PM
8 of your last 9 posts are about me. I bet you touch yourself thinking I'm that shark in your pic and you're riding me.

Hey, Could you make your 45K post about TUSK, or MDL???

Thanks in advance.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Hey, Could you make your 45K post about TUSK, or MDL???

Thanks in advance.

You want a midget joke or a cousin 17ing joke?

BhamDawg205
10-02-2018, 09:09 PM

I know Johnson is OL coach and alll, but who implements the actual schemes? Who tells Johnson this is where this lineman goes on any particular play. Who's job is it to oversee every aspect of this scheme? Johnson will be the scapegoat, but tell me one thing on offense this team does well. F the scheme, were are the basics.... Catching, RB and OL blocking, hell just beating your man

TUSK
10-02-2018, 09:33 PM

Don't care.... Just the Fo Fi.

Political Hack
10-02-2018, 09:34 PM
A confused QB that is trying to learn a dumbass algebraic offense. If you're blaming all our problems, or the majority of them on Fitz or any one kid then you dont get it

The offense is not complicated at all. Fitz is getting confused in his reads and not properly reading defenses pre-snap either. He's a baller, but he's not seeing the field like he needs to right now. We get the problems up front fixed and he'll have more time and it'll start to click. But it's HARD to fix problems up front.

Todd4State
10-03-2018, 12:02 AM
The offense is not complicated at all. Fitz is getting confused in his reads and not properly reading defenses pre-snap either. He's a baller, but he's not seeing the field like he needs to right now. We get the problems up front fixed and he'll have more time and it'll start to click. But it's HARD to fix problems up front.

It's even more difficult to fix them when you sign three 2-3 star offensive linemen every year aside from Dolla Bill. There isn't a lot to choose from to fix it. To me, it's either Tyre Phillips or no one at this point.

BeardoMSU
10-03-2018, 06:42 AM

How bout both? And throw in a "desperately seeking daddy's approval" twist for good measure. Trifecta.**

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 08:48 AM
It's even more difficult to fix them when you sign three 2-3 star offensive linemen every year aside from Dolla Bill. There isn't a lot to choose from to fix it. To me, it's either Tyre Phillips or no one at this point.

Not defending Mullen here cause his OL recruiting was definitely shitty but it sure seems like just about every OL recruit I see is rated as a 3*. Makes me think the recruiting "experts" just rate almost all OL prospects as 3* since the position is so difficult to determine whose gonna be good in college.