PDA

View Full Version : Braves postseason

parabrave
10-02-2018, 10:46 AM
Time for a JoMo recess. Ok braves fans what do you think about the Rotation, bullpen setup and Scruffys situation? According to Braves.com it's probably Folty, Sanchez, Gausman and Terhren as starters. I got no problem with that. With Newcombe and TT moving to the bullpen they have the opportunity to sit Freeman but he will be on the Roster. Don't really like that. Scruffy being hurt well Scruffy part Deaux(Culberson) in there we don't lose much. But we will miss him off the bench. WE were 2-5 against the Dodgers this year and the 1st 2 games are at Chavez Ravine. That's not good. But hey this is the playoffs anything can happen

msstate7
10-02-2018, 10:54 AM
I think we play them tough in every game, but lose series 3-1.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Thursday 7:37 central
Friday 8:37 central

Matty Dispatch
10-02-2018, 11:12 AM
I'm glad that Thursday night game isn't at 10E/9C.

Hopefully Markakis and Albies and find their stroke again. I think both lost 18-20 points off their batting average the last 3 weeks of the season. And it would be nice to get dominate Folty instead of average Folty. Hard to imagine us winning the series but who knows - it's baseball.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:14 AM
I'm glad that Thursday night game isn't at 10E/9C.

Hopefully Markakis and Albies and find their stroke again. I think both lost 18-20 points off their batting average the last 3 weeks of the season. And it would be nice to get dominate Folty instead of average Folty. Hard to imagine us winning the series but who knows - it's baseball.

Here's hope for albies...

"Albies had a .492 OPS vs. RHP and a .921 OPS vs. LHP after the All-Star break"

Stolen from chop country.

Dodgers loaded with lhp

parabrave
10-02-2018, 11:17 AM
2-4 is not the way you want to enter the playoffs.

Matty Dispatch
10-02-2018, 11:19 AM
I really hope Snit goes with 3 catchers so we can use whichever between Flowers and Suzuki as a pinch hitter. Duvall has been horrible but I'm sure he'll get a spot if Dansby is out. And Flahrety.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:26 AM
Swanson out

parabrave
10-02-2018, 11:29 AM
Swanson out

Yep thats going to hurt the bench. If we lose any outfielders we're screwed.

smootness
10-02-2018, 11:30 AM
2-4 is not the way you want to enter the playoffs.

Thankfully it doesn't matter at all.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Albies is my top performer for this series. Don't think it's enough though

parabrave
10-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Thankfully it doesn't matter at all.

I know the postseason is a "new season" but you want to have momentum going in. You want guys hot going in not cold like the last 20 days. And like posted earlier and mentioned ad nasuem by the press and Snit our guys hace been cold. Thats why Snit had them playing the last 3 games,

BayouDawg
10-02-2018, 01:04 PM
Man it?s good to see the Braves building back up. The Braves were a big part of my childhood. I?ve been trying to get back into watching the MLB the past few years.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Dodgers going with ryu game 1 over Kershaw

Commercecomet24
10-02-2018, 08:33 PM

Interesting decision by them. I like our rotation but gotta get em some runs and the bullpen has scared me all year. Hope we make a run but either way it's gonna be good for the kids to get a taste and they'll only want more.

parabrave
10-02-2018, 08:33 PM

How has Kershaw done in the postseason? Some guys just choke in postseason play. BTW for all you sabermetric geeks ESPN2 is showing the games with all the stats and diagrams. It's pretty neat.

shoeless joe
10-02-2018, 09:23 PM
I'm goin against the grain a little and picking the braves to win. The way this season has gone I wouldn't be shocked to see them lose the first two and then come back to win it. Every pitcher on the staff has the ability to go 7 scoreless or give up 5 in 3 innings. Gonna be fun either way.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2018, 09:25 PM
I'm goin against the grain a little and picking the braves to win. The way this season has gone I wouldn't be shocked to see them lose the first two and then come back to win it. Every pitcher on the staff has the ability to go 7 scoreless or give up 5 in 3 innings. Gonna be fun either way.

If nothing else this Braves team has been fun to watch this year.

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 11:11 PM

It is amazing that they won 90 games.

shoeless joe
10-03-2018, 06:32 AM
It is amazing that they won 90 games.

Th amazing thing to me has been their resiliency. Think on how many times this team suffered a devastating loss/losses that many thought would derail the season onlybto go on a win streak right after. Just off the top of my head...blown 10-2 lead at wrigley, swept at home by giants, blown 9th inning lead at home vs Cubs after a dramatic acuna homer, swept by Rockies while blowing two leads in the 9th...one of those with 2 outs and a 3 run lead, blowing the big lead against the Red Sox then getting it back only to lose anyway. Then think on all the late inning comebacks.

As has been hashed out time and time again...snit has done an amazing job managing the team through the season. Despite his head scratchers he never lost the team and they continued to play for him for 27 outs a game.

I'm thinkin that resiliency is what carries them into the NLCS