PDA

View Full Version : Look, I hate this crap too, but...

msudawglb
10-02-2018, 09:44 AM
...some of you just keep whining like a broken record.

CJM's offense relies on the QB making reads and adjusting to the defense. We have had open receivers, but Fitz isn't going through his reads (because of 2 reasons....either he locks in one guy or because he doesn't have time to find the open guy). The OL is used to the Mullen offense where 90 percent of what they did was run block. They are learning...just very slowly. CJM is trying to build this offense into something that can handle the elite defenses. Right now, there are growing pains and the defenses are feasting on that transition.

Against Florida we just got unlucky. Yes, it sucks that with the old offense we could have scored 20+ on Florida with the run. But we were one terrible dropped pass and Fitz looking to the right away from scoring 20 on offense. Yes, on that last play, if Fitz had only glanced to the right, the WR was wide open with open field due to the blitz....but he didn't he was locked in on the WR to the left.

I think the worst thing is that we are spending this season getting a senior game experience in the CJM offense and then he's gone.

Duckdog
10-02-2018, 09:50 AM
our tackles SUCK running more covered the fact about how bad they suck. We all know that the Oline coached sucked hell there was post all the time about it and now folks are going crazy. I think fitz would do better if Rankin didn't SUCK SO BAD. How many stupid penalties has he had and missed blocks. LAWD!!!!

msstate7
10-02-2018, 09:54 AM
our tackles SUCK running more covered the fact about how bad they suck. We all know that the Oline coached sucked hell there was post all the time about it and now folks are going crazy. I think fitz would do better if Rankin didn't SUCK SO BAD. How many stupid penalties has he had and missed blocks. LAWD!!!!
2017 stats in sec...
Rushing offense = 4th
Rushing yards per attempt = 1st
Sacks allowed = 1st
TFL allowed = 4th

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 09:56 AM
...some of you just keep whining like a broken record.

CJM's offense relies on the QB making reads and adjusting to the defense. We have had open receivers, but Fitz isn't going through his reads (because of 2 reasons....either he locks in one guy or because he doesn't have time to find the open guy). The OL is used to the Mullen offense where 90 percent of what they did was run block. They are learning...just very slowly. CJM is trying to build this offense into something that can handle the elite defenses. Right now, there are growing pains and the defenses are feasting on that transition.

Against Florida we just got unlucky. Yes, it sucks that with the old offense we could have scored 20+ on Florida with the run. But we were one terrible dropped pass and Fitz looking to the right away from scoring 20 on offense. Yes, on that last play, if Fitz had only glanced to the right, the WR was wide open with open field due to the blitz....but he didn't he was locked in on the WR to the left.

I think the worst thing is that we are spending this season getting a senior game experience in the CJM offense and then he's gone.

I am not sure if it is the offense, Fitz, Oline, or WRs but something is screwed up on every play. It actually reminds me of several of Mullen's offenses where if the WR misses his block then the play goes to crap.

Leroy Jenkins
10-02-2018, 09:57 AM
2017 stats in sec...
Rushing offense = 4th
Sacks allowed = 1st
TFL allowed = 4th

Sack numbers may be a bit of a red herring; Army led the nation in fewest sacks allowed, maybe we need their OL.*. To add, we also had the most mobile QB in the conference, if that's good for 1 sack a game that probably jades the numbers a bit.

Duckdog
10-02-2018, 09:59 AM
2017 stats in sec...
Rushing offense = 4th
Sacks allowed = 1st
TFL allowed = 4th
you just proved my point!!!! running covered the fact about how bad he sucks.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Sack numbers may be a bit of a red herring; Army led the nation in fewest sacks allowed, maybe we need their OL.*

We were 7th in the sec in passing attempts.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 10:00 AM
you just proved my point!!!! running covered the fact about how bad he sucks.

We were 7th in passing attempts... top 1/2 of sec

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Is a lot of our Oline problems the change between how Hev did things and Johnson's method? I have no clue about Oline Xs and Os but I know that it can be confusing going from one version to the other.

Really Clark?
10-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Sack numbers may be a bit of a red herring; Army led the nation in fewest sacks allowed, maybe we need their OL.*

We were 16th in the nation last year in sack percentage per pass attempts....105th so far this season

Duckdog
10-02-2018, 10:04 AM
The tackles get beat almost every play.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 10:05 AM
The tackles get beat almost every play.

Hev >>>> Johnson

msudawglb
10-02-2018, 10:13 AM
Hev >>>> Johnson

I do agree with this statement ^^^

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-02-2018, 10:16 AM

Rankin? Rankin? You clearly don't know anything about what you're talking about since Rankin literally isn't on the team. 1) learn the names of the guys you're blasting, 2) learn how to coherently structure a sentence.

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 10:20 AM

Next year we'll be playing a true freshman, Shrader. Mark it down.

Duckdog
10-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Rankin? Rankin? You clearly don't know anything about what you're talking about since Rankin literally isn't on the team. 1) learn the names of the guys you're blasting, 2) learn how to coherently structure a sentence.

Well, the tackles still suck. Rankin was stuck on the brain because he sucked too.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 12:00 PM
2017 stats in sec...
Rushing offense = 4th
Sacks allowed = 1st
TFL allowed = 4th

We aren't very smart apparently when the same players can't grasp a new system.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Well, the tackles still suck. Rankin was stuck on the brain because he sucked too.

Lol have some rep. I believe the name you're looking for is Eiland.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 12:01 PM
We aren't very smart apparently when the same players can't grasp a new system.

Or we have crappy teachers

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Or we have crappy teachers

I've got no love lost for Johnson. You want him executed today I won't complain. Go get an OL coach from a smart school since apparently it takes smart people to understand Moorhead's offense.

smootness
10-02-2018, 12:27 PM
I've got no love lost for Johnson. You want him executed today I won't complain. Go get an OL coach from a smart school since apparently it takes smart people to understand Moorhead's offense.

Hey, Johnson came from Duke.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Hey, Johnson came from Duke.

Lol but he really came from Ole Miss. Dude was never gonna survive here.