PDA

View Full Version : David Murray on 105.9

TrapGame
10-01-2018, 05:15 PM
He seems to think the light bulb has come on with Joe. Supposedly pulling back the offense and going to a more simplified scheme. The OL can't block for ten seconds while the deep plays develop. We should see a run heavy offense this Saturday. Moorhead met with his offensive coaches to talk about what plays will work with the players they have and those are the plays they are using.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 05:22 PM
I would be beyond thrilled if we made effective adjustments this week. The ability for a coach to change is a very good quality

Homedawg
10-01-2018, 05:26 PM
He seems to think the light bulb has come on with Joe. Supposedly pulling back the offense and going to a more simplified scheme. The OL can't block for ten seconds while the deep plays develop. We should see a run heavy offense this Saturday. Moorhead met with his offensive coaches to talk about what plays will work with the players they have and those are the plays they are using.

David Murray?? Now I feel better*****

BayouDawg
10-01-2018, 05:28 PM
I would be beyond thrilled if we made effective adjustments this week. The ability for a coach to change is a very good quality

Agreed. If we go to more of a power spread the rest of the season I will be able to get over these last few weeks a little easier. It would be a good sign if he is willing to adjust. There are a lot of coaches out there that will not. Crooms.

TrapGame
10-01-2018, 05:32 PM

I really hope this is true. If this works and we look like a real SEC offense out there Saturday night Joe better not change a damn thing the rest of the season. Murray said they do not want Nick or the OL thinking too much. The play will be called and that's it. Nick can pull and run if he chooses.

RougeDawg
10-01-2018, 05:33 PM
The most disturbing part of all of this is that it took a full 8 quarters of shitshow for anything to change, hopefully. They say better late than never, but minor 2nd half adjustments and sticking with the run two days ago, and we are 4-1.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-01-2018, 05:34 PM

But you and others don't want to give him time to see if he does.

DownwardDawg
10-01-2018, 05:34 PM
We’ve played 5 games. I seriously doubt much changes. The season is half way over and they are saying they’ve got it figured out now?

msbulldog
10-01-2018, 05:37 PM

Boy that's great news if true, they need to bring Fitz into the meetings and ask him what he thought was successful and he liked to run from last year.

PassInterference
10-01-2018, 05:44 PM

This sounds just like Croom talk.

"We're going to find out what plays we like to run, that we're good at...we're going to work on those and focus on fundamentals blah blah blah".

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 05:45 PM

Yea really. I'll take that with a grain of salt until I see it.

ETA: I heard Joe's press conference. I didn't get the feeling he was gonna change too much.

civildawg
10-01-2018, 05:56 PM
That whole crew at 247 are the biggest sunshine pumpers. I?ll believe it when I see it and even if I see it, it should have been done after Kentucky

Leroy Jenkins
10-01-2018, 06:09 PM
I don't believe him at this point, but I'm optimistic. The man is obviously not a dumb-ass if he made it this far in life, but Arceto "secret weapon" Clark ain't walking through that door.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2018, 06:31 PM
That whole crew at 247 are the biggest sunshine pumpers. I?ll believe it when I see it and even if I see it, it should have been done after Kentucky

Should have been done at halftime at Kentucky.

Drugdog
10-01-2018, 06:44 PM
I don?t believe anything he says.

WinningIsRelentless
10-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Word is Cohen Suggested and JOMO listened and had a meeting with Brian Baker, Buckley, Hud, Jones, Brad Peterson and Rob Gibson to get their thoughts on what is different from last year/what is their experiences in these situations.

TrapGame
10-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Word is Cohen Suggested and JOMO listened and had a meeting with Brian Baker, Buckley, Hud, Jones, Brad Peterson and Rob Gibson to get their thoughts on what is different from last year/what is their experiences in these situations.

I really hope Moorhead listened.

NCDawg
10-01-2018, 07:00 PM

Yeah, why has it taken him this long to figure it out? He was here for spring training-he could have done it then. Leaving the OL in their stance all that time and having the QB look at him and switch plays or whatever. I'm not impressed. So far Moorhead has been a major disappointment in my opinion.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-01-2018, 07:00 PM

^^^^^ This^^^^

Drugdog
10-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Hint at where you heard this? Ridiculous that it has ever got to this point. Should have made adjustments at Ky.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 07:07 PM
But you and others don't want to give him time to see if he does.

I haven't called for him to be fired this week. Now if we are the same at the end of the season, bye. That wrong?

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 07:08 PM
We’ve played 5 games. I seriously doubt much changes. The season is half way over and they are saying they’ve got it figured out now?

To be fair we put up over a hundred and forty points the first three games.

msbulldog
10-01-2018, 07:24 PM

Yea I bet the Intense Bastard 'SUGGESTED'! At this point jobs could be on the line.

basedog
10-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Good Coaches are always willing to make changes.

I like what I heard. Now let's hope the light bulb comes on for the offensive line.

Hey I'm glad most on here not liking what I have seen but it's early, he can turn this around.

I hate quitters!

fccee1
10-01-2018, 07:37 PM

I seldom ever have good inside information but have noticed when i post something i know to be true and they didn?t have the scoop the will delete the post.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2018, 07:41 PM
I haven't called for him to be fired this week. Now if we are the same at the end of the season, bye. That wrong?

Are you schizophrenic? You literally spent all Saturday night and Sunday on here calling for him to be fired!

You literally commented on every thread you wanted him fired now...yet here your tone changes to a wait and see.

Pit Bull
10-01-2018, 07:44 PM

Steve Robertson was not pumping sunshine after the last game. He was truly pissed and you could see it on his face. He said the UF game will be the last good crowd of the year.....stating many fans will not return. He's right....just in our small tailgate group, we have lost 6 who will not be in their seats for Auburn. Leaves only 4 of us attending.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Are you schizophrenic? You literally spent all Saturday night and Sunday on here calling for him to be fired!

You literally commented on every thread you wanted him fired now...yet here your tone changes to a wait and see.

No, I want him fired at the end of the season if this garbage continues. We are last in every offensive stat, but 13th in passing. Yeah, if that continues, fire his arse.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Steve Robertson was not pumping sunshine after the last game. He was truly pissed and you could see it on his face. He said the UF game will be the last good crowd of the year.....stating many fans will not return. He's right....just in our small tailgate group, we have lost 6 who will not be in their seats for Auburn. Leaves only 4 of us attending.

Fair weather fans? I say screw them. I win with State and I will lose with them. Walking back to my car Saturday about half way back my son said Dad I am over now. I replied by saying I was over it 25 years ago. To be a State fan you have to have a strong stomach. That's just the way it is. Like I said I celebrate with them and I will lose with. Bow up and take the good with the bad.

basedog
10-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Fair weather fans? I say screw them. I win with State and I will lose with them. Walking back to my car Saturday about half way back my son said Dad I am over now. I replied by saying I was over it 25 years ago. To be a State fan you have to have a strong stomach. That's just the way it is. Like I said I celebrate with them and I will lose with. Bow up and take the good with the bad.

+1 Jack.

I’m with u 100%, once a dawg always a dog!

Nothing wrong with bitching but giving up is inexcusable.

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2018, 08:09 PM

And yet those same fans are pissed because "we have a soft team" that "wilts under pressure". Our fan base sucks if we give up after 2 games.

3rdGen
10-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Damnit Jack I’m tired of the bad. It’s been bad for the last 25 years I been watching. I have come to the realization that my life will be spent rooting for a team that will not win a national championship. I hope we do but I’m not betting anything on it. My dad has been through the same and he still loves going but that because he doesn’t do anything but MSU sports. I will continue to support them and I will be in the stands next weekend but it’s been hell being a STATE alum and fan. It’s hard to keep giving time and money to the university only to eat shit burgers every year. I hope he gets it turned around and I hope he takes us to the next level but I’m thinking maybe baseball and basketball Men or Women are going to be our best shot unless we get a lights out passer/leader and some wr that can catch.

Sorry that got a little off but I was getting into my feels.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2018, 08:18 PM

Same here. I've gotten to the age when I'm just not so reactionary anymore. This is our coaching staff now and our players now, I'm gonna support em. I'm not happy with how we've played and it's been extremely hard to watch. I hope the players and staff get this corrected, there's time. If they can't get it corrected we'll hire a new coach. I'm as frustrated as anyone and the performance the last 2 games is not acceptable. Things have to change and adjustments have to be made. Let's see what happens.

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 08:26 PM

If true and it happens, I think this is a very good sign.

I know one coach in America who wouldn't take advice from Saban or Belichick on how to coach a football team. No matter how many times he screws up clock/game management in games.

Political Hack
10-01-2018, 08:28 PM

Couldn't help but laugh. Ive always though he was more of a baseball guy, no?

Commercecomet24
10-01-2018, 08:31 PM
If true and it happens, I think this is a very good sign.

I know one coach in America wouldn't take advice from Saban or Belichick on how to coach a football team. No matter how many times he screws up clock/game management in games.

This is OT but you mentioned Belichick. I'm a Pats fan and I can tell you BB will listen to and learn from anyone who he thinks has a better way of doing things and it's not limited to just football coaches. That willingness to admit you don't have all the answers and are willing to constantly learn and adapt is what separates the great from the rest.

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 08:34 PM
This is OT but you mentioned Belichick. I'm a Pats fan and I can tell you BB will listen to and learn from anyone who he thinks has a better way of doing things and it's not limited to just football coaches. That willingness to admit you don't have all the answers and are willing to constantly learn and adapt is what separates the great from the rest.

I agree. And until said coach I was referencing learns that ... he won't ever beat Saban or probably Kirby either.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2018, 08:36 PM
I agree. And until said coach I was referencing learns that ... he won't ever beat Saban or probably Kirby either.

Agree completely. Always have to be learning and adapting or you're just standing still in any thing you're doing.

parabrave
10-01-2018, 08:42 PM
Yea really. I'll take that with a grain of salt until I see it.

ETA: I heard Joe's press conference. I didn't get the feeling he was gonna change too much.

Same here. It sounded like it dam the Torpedoes Full speed ahead with MY offense. I hope he is looking at his offense players abilities and to develop the game plan around their strengths.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2018, 08:50 PM
We're about to face the best defense so far. Even improvement will be limited.

Mutt the Hoople
10-01-2018, 09:11 PM
I really hope this is true. If this works and we look like a real SEC offense out there Saturday night Joe better not change a damn thing the rest of the season. Murray said they do not want Nick or the OL thinking too much. The play will be called and that's it. Nick can pull and run if he chooses.
These players needed tutors,untimed tests, and prayer chains to make an 18 on their ACT. Don't make them think too hard.

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2018, 09:13 PM

We heard this same 17n thing last week. Moorhead better not come out and have the same game plan as last week.

And I am still on his side.

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Or I will boo that dude until I cannot speak.

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2018, 09:16 PM

I need a tailgate to hang out in

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2018, 09:19 PM

Should have been done after the second possession at Kentucky.

Todd4State
10-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Couldn't help but laugh. Ive always though he was more of a baseball guy, no?

I thought he was more of a William Faulkner guy reading his articles. It's like he's trying to win a Pulitzer for an Internet article about Mississippi State football.

But I don't believe it either. It doesn't make sense that our coaches would tell him of all people about some closed door meetings. If they did tell him I bet they don't tell him again because he pretty much just got on the radio and told Auburn our game plan and ruined any element of surprise.

I'm skeptical about anything changing much at this point and I'm definitely in "believe it until I see it mode."

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 11:38 PM

Holy shit!!!! You mean something they should have done in march???? Show me dont tell me

Dawgology
10-02-2018, 07:15 AM

Bull and shit...I do not believe this for one second. That is spin from the athletic department trying to increase attendance at the game. They know, now, that they royally ****ed up this hire. Instead of trying to save money and make a tricky hire they should have opened the pocket book and brought in a successful, established head coach to take this team to the playoffs where it belongs. Instead Cohen tried to get cute. This was a massive opportunity squandered by our AD that will set the MSU football program back years. This is squarely on the head of Cohen and I'm ****ing mad as hell.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 07:19 AM
If there are no changes and we have another 200 yard, 1 score game, Moorhead is done. This Saturday night will be halfway point of season... no longer a SSS

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-02-2018, 07:25 AM
Well after two losses to teams we should have beat, I would hope so. The light should have came on after UK loss

Really Clark?
10-02-2018, 07:32 AM
Bull and shit...I do not believe this for one second. That is spin from the athletic department trying to increase attendance at the game. They know, now, that they royally ****ed up this hire. Instead of trying to save money and make a tricky hire they should have opened the pocket book and brought in a successful, established head coach to take this team to the playoffs where it belongs. Instead Cohen tried to get cute. This was a massive opportunity squandered by our AD that will set the MSU football program back years. This is squarely on the head of Cohen and I'm ****ing mad as hell.

Who exactly would have been the successful/playoff caliber HC that warranted paying that type of money and fit our talent and program? Honestly that would be an extremely small or nonexistent list, with that criteria. No matter how much you were willing to pay

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 07:52 AM
If there are no changes and we have another 200 yard, 1 score game, Moorhead is done. This Saturday night will be halfway point of season... no longer a SSS

Yep.

They were just talking on Bounds' show about Arkansas being the only SEC win and still keeping Moorhead one more year. LOL! We ain't beating Ark. That's another 13-10 game right there. We'll be their only SEC win and we'll go 0-8 in conference. Moorhead should be fired if that happens!

RougeDawg
10-02-2018, 07:57 AM
Yep.

They were just talking on Bounds' show about Arkansas being the only SEC win and still keeping Moorhead one more year. LOL! We ain't beating Ark. That's another 13-10 game right there. We'll be their only SEC win and we'll go 0-8 in conference. Moorhead should be fired if that happens!

He should quit on his own if he goes 0-8 with this SEC schedule. 4-4 would be piss poor and a minimum with what he?s working with.

Todd4State
10-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Who exactly would have been the successful/playoff caliber HC that warranted paying that type of money and fit our talent and program? Honestly that would be an extremely small or nonexistent list, with that criteria. No matter how much you were willing to pay

True but I bet Jeremy Pruitt would have us in a better spot right now.

Really Clark?
10-02-2018, 08:44 AM
True but I bet Jeremy Pruitt would have us in a better spot right now.

Maybe but he didn’t fit the idea of paying a lot for a proven HC that could take us to the playoffs like the OP alluded to. And would Pruitt take our job over Tenn anyway?

Gutter Cobreh
10-02-2018, 08:48 AM
No, I want him fired at the end of the season if this garbage continues. We are last in every offensive stat, but 13th in passing. Yeah, if that continues, fire his arse.

Did you post this in the Fire Shoop thread, or was that your twin?

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69823-Fire-Shoop

Keep walking back that line my friend....While you may have 50,000 nonsensical posts, doesn't mean that you can flip/flop and not get called out.

StarkVegasSteve
10-02-2018, 08:54 AM

Dana Holgorsen, Les Miles, or Bryan Harsin just off the top of my head would've been great hires. I also think someone like Kiffin or Neal Brown could've done the same thing, they just wouldn't have been looked at as established playoff caliber coaches.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 08:55 AM
Did you post this in the Fire Shoop thread, or was that your twin?

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69823-Fire-Shoop

Keep walking back that line my friend....While you may have 50,000 nonsensical posts, doesn't mean that you can flip/flop and not get called out.
That's me. We aren't firing anyone midseason. I'm talking about at the end of the season, which I even doubt we do then.

Really Clark?
10-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Dana Holgorsen, Les Miles, or Bryan Harsin just off the top of my head would've been great hires. I also think someone like Kiffin or Neal Brown could've done the same thing, they just wouldn't have been looked at as established playoff caliber coaches.

Les Miles?!? Come on, horrendous fit with our personnel and he’s so sought after he still doesn’t have a job. Get real

Holgorsen wasn’t leaving WV and what on his resume makes you believe he could lead us to the playoffs. Hasn’t sniffed it in the easier B12. 2 ranked teams in 7 years and a lot of 7 win seasons and a 4 win season

I like Harsin and agree that might be the best option. Boise guy though and outside of Peterson they have all mostly flopped once leaving there

Yeah Kiffin and Brown don’t met the criteria and although still under sanctions during most of his time, Kiffin’s track record at a big program doesn’t fill anyone with confidence. And is a bad fit

smootness
10-02-2018, 11:13 AM
The most disturbing part of all of this is that it took a full 8 quarters of shitshow for anything to change, hopefully. They say better late than never, but minor 2nd half adjustments and sticking with the run two days ago, and we are 4-1.

Seriously, this is actually bad news if true.

I'd rather the answer be that Moorhead is stubborn than that he is stupid.

NCDawg
10-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Maybe but he didn’t fit the idea of paying a lot for a proven HC that could take us to the playoffs like the OP alluded to. And would Pruitt take our job over Tenn anyway?

As I recall, Cohen interviewed Pruitt and Moorhead and chose Moorhead. I also think that Pruitt would have us in a better spot now. Pisses me off seeing Moorhead's comment about seeing "light at the end of the tunnel". We shouldn't be in the tunnel in the first damn place. If he's such a brilliant football mind, why hasn't he made adjustments long before now?

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 11:54 AM
As I recall, Cohen interviewed Pruitt and Moorhead and chose Moorhead. I also think that Pruitt would have us in a better spot now. Pisses me off seeing Moorhead's comment about seeing "light at the end of the tunnel". We shouldn't be in the tunnel in the first damn place. If he's such a brilliant football mind, why hasn't he made adjustments long before now?

Mentioning tunnels and lights should be in pressers that Pruitt gives at UT this season not Moorhead at MSU.

Doggie_Style
10-02-2018, 12:18 PM

Kinda thinkin that 'lighbulb' is 1000 Watt halogen that has been place in Professor Moorheads chair.....got his attention

msbulldog
10-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Maybe but he didn?t fit the idea of paying a lot for a proven HC that could take us to the playoffs like the OP alluded to. And would Pruitt take our job over Tenn anyway?

I would if Phat Phil was going to be my boss.

WSOPdawg
10-02-2018, 12:37 PM

That's exactly what I don't understand. 15-20 years ago, this was the way to go (paying what we did for a "Moorhead"), but now with SEC revenue, we are a top-25 paying school with an "in-the-black" athletic department and we should never short-change coaching talent again!!! Paying $2-million for a HC was absurd when we were already paying top-15 nationally to Mullen.

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 12:46 PM
That's exactly what I don't understand. 15-20 years ago, this was the way to go (paying what we did for a "Moorhead"), but now with SEC revenue, we are a top-25 paying school with an "in-the-black" athletic department and we should never short-change coaching talent again!!! Paying $2-million for a HC was absurd when we were already paying top-15 nationally to Mullen.

Cohen tried to be the smartest intense bastard in the room and it's looking like it might bite him in the ass. There were a few people on here, and I was not one, saying we are at a point in this program's development that hiring a current coordinator and not a current head coach was a mistake. They're looking pretty spot on five games in.

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 12:48 PM

I don't think we were turned down by any good head coaches due to money. It looks like Cohen went after Moorhead and got him for as low as he could. That is just good business and has nothing to do with short-change coaching talent.

You won't find anyone that thought Moorhead was a crap hire. Most people said we made one of the best hires in the country with the candidates we had. I bet UCLA was ecstatic about hiring Chip Kelly especially since they got him over UF. They are currently 0-4. Outside of Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, there are zero sure thing hires. Texas has a shit ton more money and respect compared to MSU and they still hired a non P5 head coach. UT is one of the richest programs in the country and hired the guy passed over for our job.

Really Clark?
10-02-2018, 01:37 PM
I would if Phat Phil was going to be my boss.

Ha yeah but Pruitt pressured us to go ahead and name him before we were done with the process. And the vast vast majority agreed with Cohen’s decision at the time of Moorehead over Pruitt. We can’t revise history and honestly it’s not like Tenn has come out of the gate like world beaters. Pruitt might surprise me but I haven’t seeing anything that screams Elite from him yet

Homedawg
10-02-2018, 02:03 PM
While I completely agree joe is over his head, who were we supposed to get?? We didn't turn down some stud.

BayouDawg
10-02-2018, 03:57 PM
I will hold out hope that Joe can turn it around. Not looking good right now. I endured the crash and burn of the Kang and the rise of the Croom abomination. Help us God!