View Full Version : MSU's Current Offensive Problems in One Play

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Watch the bottom WR

This tells you all you need to know.

https://twitter.com/brett_hudson/status/1046497296031133696?s=21

msstate7
10-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Discussed in another thread today. Not really surprising when half of our TOP is spent looking at our sideline

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-01-2018, 04:07 PM
We can see the same things when Fitz throws it to the wrong spot, or the OL don't rotate to pick up their assignments. The players simply don't know what they're doing.

Now on the one hand this is completely unacceptable, Moorhead should have his O better installed than this by now. On the other hand though, these problems will go away the longer we play so... I guess having these problems bodes well for our O going forward?

msstate7
10-01-2018, 04:11 PM
We can see the same things when Fitz throws it to the wrong spot, or the OL don't rotate to pick up their assignments. The players simply don't know what they're doing.

Now on the one hand this is completely unacceptable, Moorhead should have his O better installed than this by now. On the other hand though, these problems will go away the longer we play so... I guess having these problems bodes well for our O going forward?

Hopefully. If we were sitting 300-350 yards the last 2 weeks, I'd feel much better. We're doing nothing vs sec teams though, so I'm unsure

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 04:17 PM

This is where I am. I can't see how Moorhead got to this level is his career without this offense being really good when run correctly.

However, whether or not we have the players or are able to recruit the players that can run it correctly, I have no clue.

If we just don't know what we're doing yet, then the offense should improve as the year progresses. If it doesn't, we have bigger issues.

KOdawg1
10-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Yikes

I kinda agree with what Gun is saying though. We've got to improve at some point, right? Like we can't possibly maintain this level of shitiness until the end of the season. At least that is my hope, anyway.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Yikes

I kinda agree with what Gun is saying though. We've got to improve at some point, right? Like we can't possibly maintain this level of shitiness until the end of the season. At least that is my hope, anyway.

Moreso than our final record, this would be what my decision to retain him or not would be based on.

I think that's fair.

Imo, you don't fire people for 17ing something up as punishment. Moorhead has done that already.

You fire people when they arent in the best interest of your future. This is what we don't know.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 04:43 PM
IMO, this video is a good thing. I'd be much more concerned if our players looked like they knew what they are doing and still couldn't move the ball.

This video, while frustrating, at least shows that the main problem is fixable.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 04:46 PM
IMO, this video is a good thing. I'd be much more concerned if our players looked like they knew what they are doing and still couldn't move the ball.

This video, while frustrating, at least shows that the main problem is fixable.

Hopefully you're correct... seem to be extrapolating a whole lot from 1 play

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Hopefully you're correct... seem to be extrapolating a whole lot from 1 play

Well, that's where we are.

My guess is that these sorts of issues happen on many plays.

BayouDawg
10-01-2018, 04:49 PM
I don?t know anything anymore

Bothrops
10-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Well at least he didn't waste any unneeded energy running something disguised as a route.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Is that Nick wearing number 7 or FurBoy??? **

HoopsDawg
10-01-2018, 09:49 PM
That is horrible and inexcusable at this level. Coaches simply aren't getting it done.

Dawg61
10-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Entire offense needs to live in their playbooks. It's clear as day NOBODY is spending extra time outside practice learning the offense or helping others learn it. Moorhead needs a cliff notes version for us dumbs Mississippians.

KentuckyDawg13
10-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Geezus...he should benched for a long time for that. Wow.
Blame can be spread everywhere, even the fake handoffs to Hill are horrible. Hill doesn't try to sell the run at all, while the entire opposing DLine KNOWS Fitz has the ball and crushes him.

louisvilledawg
10-02-2018, 09:42 AM
Geezus...he should benched for a long time for that. Wow.
Blame can be spread everywhere, even the fake handoffs to Hill are horrible. Hill doesn't try to sell the run at all, while the entire opposing DLine KNOWS Fitz has the ball and crushes him.

When you say "he" who do you mean? The Right tackle? The right guard? Farrod Green? Deddrick Thomas?

The only person that did anything well on that play was the left tackle. He absolutely crushed that block.

lawdawg
10-02-2018, 10:57 AM
I'm glad someone posted video of this play. But it doesn't show it all - it was actually BOTH of the wide receivers looking to the sideline, completely oblivious to the play happening behind them.

This play basically killed all the momentum of the good drive that ended in our first FG.

tcdog70
10-02-2018, 02:48 PM
the right tackle blocked air