PDA

View Full Version : Receivers and OLineman next year

msugolf
10-01-2018, 03:12 PM
So what do these 2 positions look like moving forward to next year if MoorCroom is still here. People are saying he should get time to implement his system with his players but I don't see any type of fix. We currently have 2 mid 3* receivers committed and aren't on any other high profile guys and we have 4 3* olineman. Someone convince me there is a fix for this misery moving forward in case he lasts for a year or two cause I don't see where its going to get better.

smootness
10-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Hope Devonta Jason is Brandon Marshall. Like, mid-prime Brandon Marshall. And Kylin Hill wins the QB job so he gets the direct snap every play.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-01-2018, 03:20 PM
So what do these 2 positions look like moving forward to next year if MoorCroom is still here. People are saying he should get time to implement his system with his players but I don't see any type of fix. We currently have 2 mid 3* receivers committed and aren't on any other high profile guys and we have 4 3* olineman. Someone convince me there is a fix for this misery moving forward in case he lasts for a year or two cause I don't see where its going to get better.
This is my biggest worry. I can buy that this team really doesn't fit his system better than most on here. But is he going to be able to bring in the players to run his system? Both the 4* WRs in state this year are currently not committed to us.

thf24
10-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Mitchell, Whop, and Williams are all young and will continue to develop. I think they'll all be good to great by the time they leave here. I have an uneducated gut feeling that we lose Guidry after this year to a bad decision in some form or other, but I have a similar feeling that we flip Mingo.

OL, I don't feel nervous about the talent coming up so much as I do about Johnson's coaching right now.

Wait and see mode on both fronts.

msugolf
10-01-2018, 03:47 PM
Mitchell, Whop, and Williams are all young and will continue to develop. I think they'll all be good to great by the time they leave here. I have an uneducated gut feeling that we lose Guidry after this year to a bad decision in some form or other, but I have a similar feeling that we flip Mingo.

OL, I don't feel nervous about the talent coming up so much as I do about Johnson's coaching right now.

Wait and see mode on both fronts.

Not very optimistic about Mitchell, whop or Williams honestly. If whop can?t get on the field over the current guys then that?s troubling. And we?ve seen mitchell?s troubles. Williams just isn?t explosive enough.

Being a year older won?t fix their issues IMO. We need to upgrade in talent.

MetEdDawg
10-01-2018, 06:17 PM
I would bet we see Whop more in the future. I think we are about to see a lot of personnel changes to see who the hell can make a damn play.

At this point I would assume Moorhead has been playing guys based on who gets the scheme more. I have a feeling he is about to change this up and give the more talented guys more PT. No WR is doing a damn thing right now. It should be open season for playing time.

coachnorm
10-02-2018, 02:12 PM
A fan base can talk all they want but players will go to programs that fit their needs. If you look at programs like Ole Miss, West Virginia, Texas Tech, and LSU among others, there is a glaring achievement with their receivers. That achievement is being developed in an offense that features 50-50 ball development. When the 50-50 game is developed, the O Line does not have to block at level needed for precision pass game. The quarterbacks do not need the skill set for precision passing when distributing passes in a 50-50 environment. The 50-50 game features the receivers first which means that practice time is prioritized in that manner. If we want receivers, we need a program perceived as a good deal to them. Remember LSU provides receivers to the NFL with quarterback who couldn't hit the ocean with a brick at the end of the pier.