PDA

View Full Version : What does JoMo do this week to win people back?

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2018, 02:22 PM
No one is happy with the offense right now but what needs to happen this week to bring people back to supporting JoMo?

I want to see some type of adjustment whether it is screen passes to the RBs or just more pure option style offense. I also want to see the Oline look like they have been practicing blocking rather than looking like this is the first time in the offense. I would love to see the WRs catch the damn ball but I am to the point of just wanting the offense to not look like a monkey 17ing a football.

lefty96
10-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Yards

but not in that order necessarily.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Just win baby

Dawg61
10-01-2018, 02:33 PM
Skull17 Barn and speed the hell up on offense. Like 75 plays type speed up.

TrapGame
10-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Pound Auburn like a $2 whore.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Win

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2018, 02:40 PM
So would 350 yards and winning 23-20 be good enough? What if we win 10-7?

At this point, I want to either see some type of adjustment or the offense actually working like his offense is supposed to.

Liverpooldawg
10-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Win

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2018, 02:46 PM
For the people saying just win, if Gay runs back that interception and we win the game, are you ok with Moorhead? I would still be pissed because I saw Croom win 8 with an offense that was worse than what I could run on Xbox.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Win
More offense.

I think it is going to be another close one. Our defense at home is going tough.

Pit Bull
10-01-2018, 02:50 PM
For the people saying just win, if Gay runs back that interception and we win the game, are you ok with Moorhead? I would still be pissed because I saw Croom win 8 with an offense that was worse than what I could run on Xbox.

That was the year we beat a pretty good UCF team in the Liberty Bowl or am I mistaken? Seems like it was a real defensive battle with us driving the field at the very end of the game for the winning TD.

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2018, 02:59 PM
That was the year we beat a pretty good UCF team in the Liberty Bowl or am I mistaken? Seems like it was a real defensive battle with us driving the field at the very end of the game for the winning TD.

Yes, that was the game that Wes Carroll just started checking out of whatever play Croom/McCorvey called and we ran the option all the way down the field. It actually took a freshman QB to change our offense so we could win. That game was also cold as shit and UCF fans are Jersey trash.

mparkerfd20
10-01-2018, 02:59 PM
He can not win me back in 1 week. He can not win me back in 2 games. I want to see a complete 180 of the last 2 weeks sustained for multiple games (rest of the season). I want the game sped up. I want to quit 17ing passing every 17ing down. I want to RTDB and then RTDB some more and mix in a few opportune passes to attack the edges. If we have another weekend like the last 2 this weekend it will be impossible for him to ever win me back.

LC Dawg
10-01-2018, 03:00 PM

In the 3rd quarter Saturday I told my friend that if something happened and we ended up winning the game I wouldn't feel a lot better leaving the stadium than I did being behind 10-6 at that point. I think most people are going to have to see a better offensive product whether it is changes to what we've been doing or what we have been doing starts to work.

Dawgbite
10-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Offensive improvement and lots of it.

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2018, 03:04 PM
In the 3rd quarter Saturday I told my friend that if something happened and we ended up winning the game I wouldn't feel a lot better leaving the stadium than I did being behind 10-6 at that point. I think most people are going to have to see a better offensive product whether it is changes to what we've been doing or what we have been doing starts to work.

I am the same way. I would "almost" rather lose a game 35-28 than win if it meant our offense actually worked, only problem would be if our defense regressed. At the end of the day, I want to see wins and it doesn't matter how. Croom made me weary of fluke wins because you can't keep that shit up. Eventually your luck runs out.

Johnson85
10-01-2018, 03:13 PM
Offensive improvement and lots of it.

This. I've given up on us being able to run his offense with our current players. Our WRs can't catch and our QB is inconsistent. But it's not like we are having drives stall because we drop a pass or Fitz overthrows somebody. We look like Croom for 90% of the plays, and then the other ten percent we actually do ok but the WR drops a well thrown ball or Fitz overthrows. If we start having lots of positive plays and then stall because we can't stop the mistakes, that will make me feel a lot better (and that's pretty sad that would be such an improvement that I'll feel better).

bulldawg28
10-01-2018, 06:02 PM
It's going to take more than 1 game. His needs to get this team to play up to potential.

DownwardDawg
10-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Resign.
I’m not sure I’ll ever get over him losing to Mullins.

TXDawg
10-01-2018, 06:11 PM
No one is happy with the offense right now but what needs to happen this week to bring people back to supporting JoMo?

I want to see some type of adjustment whether it is screen passes to the RBs or just more pure option style offense. I also want to see the Oline look like they have been practicing blocking rather than looking like this is the first time in the offense. I would love to see the WRs catch the damn ball but I am to the point of just wanting the offense to not look like a monkey 17ing a football.

Win by double digits.

TXDawg
10-01-2018, 06:14 PM

If Mitchell hangs on to the TD that he dropped and Gay completes the pick 6, it would've been a completely different game (play calling, execution, outcome, etc). Those two plays absolutely killed any positive energy and momentum we had. Playing from behind for pretty much the entire second half changed the play calling.

Yes, we looked like crap, but those two plays played a HUGE role in why we looked so bad.

Bothrops
10-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Win

TXDawg
10-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Resign.
I’m not sure I’ll ever get over him losing to Mullins.

Hopefully your hatred of Mullen will fade with time (I sure hope mine does). I'm not going to hold this one game over Moorhead's head for the entirety of his career here. If he gets things fixed and goes on to lead us to success, I'll forgive him for this one.

bluelightstar
10-01-2018, 08:08 PM
If Mitchell hangs on to the TD that he dropped and Gay completes the pick 6, it would've been a completely different game (play calling, execution, outcome, etc). Those two plays absolutely killed any positive energy and momentum we had. Playing from behind for pretty much the entire second half changed the play calling.

Yes, we looked like crap, but those two plays played a HUGE role in why we looked so bad.

Why on earth would any competent play caller feel the need to change the play calling or press in a 4-point (or 7-point) game with a quarter and a half to go?

bulldawg28
10-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Resign.
I?m not sure I?ll ever get over him losing to Mullins.

Lol...man

wild_dawg
10-01-2018, 09:10 PM
25 or more points and a win

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2018, 09:33 PM
I want the team to look like they are having fun and winning every game about like Bama is. There is zero reason why our two losses didn't look like a bama game, except Fitz isn't a guy who only has 6 games under their belt like Tua.

TXDawg
10-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Why on earth would any competent play caller feel the need to change the play calling or press in a 4-point (or 7-point) game with a quarter and a half to go?

Well, the Mitchell drop was a 14 point swing early in the 3rd...

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Yes, that was the game that Wes Carroll just started checking out of whatever play Croom/McCorvey called and we ran the option all the way down the field. It actually took a freshman QB to change our offense so we could win. That game was also cold as shit and UCF fans are Jersey trash.

I was there and can attest to all 3 points

Todd4State
10-01-2018, 11:48 PM
If he wins people will come back. It's that simple. It may take more than one game for some people- but if he wins enough they will come back too.

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2018, 07:37 AM

Did you ignore the last 9 years? Every time we got down by 7 to 10 in the second half, Dan would do 1 of 2 things: either get pass happy or start only calling QB runs. Whichever one of those he decided to do - he would stick with that until we got down by another score. Then he would turtle up and just start trying to get the game over with and go home. Did you ever feel like we could come from behind and win with Dan? No. Because we all knew exactly what he would do and how he would do it. And even if we did score, there was no sense of urgency to attempt to make a come back. The only game I recall making a real substantial comeback in was Arkansas in 2015.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Delete

DownwardDawg
10-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Did you ignore the last 9 years? Every time we got down by 7 to 10 in the second half, Dan would do 1 of 2 things: either get pass happy or start only calling QB runs. Whichever one of those he decided to do - he would stick with that until we got down by another score. Then he would turtle up and just start trying to get the game over with and go home. Did you ever feel like we could come from behind and win with Dan? No. Because we all knew exactly what he would do and how he would do it. And even if we did score, there was no sense of urgency to attempt to make a come back. The only game I recall making a real substantial comeback in was Arkansas in 2015.
Man, you nailed that!!!

DownwardDawg
10-02-2018, 08:50 AM
I was there and can attest to all 3 points

Me too. I’ll never forget that game.