PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead's Message to MSU Fans

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 01:08 PM
I don't buy it, but really want to. If this is true, the light should get bigger as the year progresses.

https://twitter.com/joeltcoleman/status/1046816253468430337?s=21

parabrave
10-01-2018, 01:09 PM
listening to it right now.

smootness
10-01-2018, 01:12 PM
What is the light at the end of the tunnel? I don't even see one.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 01:14 PM
What is the light at the end of the tunnel? I don't even see one.

I wish his ability to make adjustments was half as good as his ability to quote.

TrapGame
10-01-2018, 01:15 PM
He needs to choose to either be a head coach or an offensive coordinator. He's sucking at both right now.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 01:17 PM
I wish his ability to make adjustments was half as good as his ability to quote.

Good coming this week... whenever I beat a drum this hard, it always comes back to make me look silly. I really hope this is the case

Coursesuper
10-01-2018, 01:17 PM
I don't buy it, but really want to. If this is true, the light should get bigger as the year progresses.

Bullshit, those are stars he's seeing that train already hit him.

smootness
10-01-2018, 01:19 PM
He's acting like a coach who inherited a rebuild. 'Culture is headed in the right direction,' 'building for the long term, not the short.' The culture didn't need changing (I'm sure it could have used a few tweaks, but full changes? Please) and we were already set up for the short term and certainly better for the long term than we look right now.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-01-2018, 01:19 PM

I sort of feel like his "fire" the last couple of weeks during interviews is forced. I think he is trying to show the fans he can be hard but I am not sure he can.

parabrave
10-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Nick getting the bus treatment.

parabrave
10-01-2018, 01:21 PM
He's acting like a coach who inherited a rebuild. 'Culture is headed in the right direction,' 'building for the long term, not the short.' The culture didn't need changing (I'm sure it could have used a few tweaks, but full changes? Please) and we were already set up for the short term and certainly better for the long term than we look right now.

Sounds like he has to burn it down and build it back. Jeeezzzzzzzzzzzz

bluelightstar
10-01-2018, 01:24 PM
That whole press conference made me feel worse, not better. “We are not here for a one-year build. Guys are buying in. We are on track.”

Dude you took over a very good program that has been to 8 straight bowl games, not the worst team in the conference.

Our football program after that conference:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/025/817/Screen_Shot_2018-03-30_at_11.34.27_AM.png

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 01:25 PM
I'm sure "champions of life" is right around the corner

thf24
10-01-2018, 01:26 PM
I tend to be an optimist to a fault, but I still believe that he's a smart guy and he'll figure it out. Maybe not this year, which would suck given the talent we'd be wasting, but not much to be done about it now. But he's been successful everywhere he's been in every role he's been given, and that's not suddenly going to stop here. He's got a good system that I think will be fine in the SEC if he can recruit enough of the right players for it. And who knows, the light bulb might come on and we can salvage some good wins from this season.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 01:26 PM
That whole press conference made me feel worse, not better. “We are not here for a one-year build. Guys are buying in. We are on track.”

Dude you took over a very good program that has been to 8 straight bowl games, not the worst team in the conference.

Our football program after that conference:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/025/817/Screen_Shot_2018-03-30_at_11.34.27_AM.png

He clearly doesn't get it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Nick getting the bus treatment.

Nick is in the same position as Tyler Wilson. He just doesnt fit Moorheads offense. Moorhead said Nick needed to get his completion percentage top 65% to be effective in this offense. He won't come close to that number. Part of that is Nick but ALOT of it is on the OL.

Garrett Shrader is Moorheads guy and things will change dramatically when he gets the reigns although Key and Mayden both would be a step in the right direction.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 01:28 PM
I tend to be an optimist to a fault, but I still believe that he's a smart guy and he'll figure it out. Maybe not this year, which would suck given the talent we'd be wasting, but not much to be done about it now. But he's been successful everywhere he's been in every role he's been given, and that's not suddenly going to stop here. He's got a good system that I think will be fine in the SEC if he can recruit enough of the right players for it. And who knows, the light bulb might come on and we can salvage some good wins from this season.

I think we'll have a better idea by season's end.

There has to be progress. If we are still having the same frustrations late in the year as we are now, then we need to explore options.

parabrave
10-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Well he gonna continue to jam that square peg.

Dawgology
10-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Moorhead is what we call "a good interview" in business. He is a dynamic, personable speaker. Unfortunately, good interviewers don't always translate to success. In fact, its typically the opposite.

parabrave
10-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Moorhead is what we call "a good interview" in business. He is a dynamic, personable speaker. Unfortunately, good interviewers don't always translate to success. In fact, its typically the opposite.

My 1st stick buddy in Flight school was an MIT areo engineer. Smart as sh(* in aerodynamics, but couldn't chew gum and walk at the same time and he couldn't fly worth a shit. Just because your smart don't mean you can apply it in a reallife situation.

MafiaDawg
10-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Rick ray comes to mind. He was a great speaker.

Dawg61
10-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Moorhead is struggling implementing a new offense and being a HC at the same time. Hindsight is 20/20 but it appears he shoulda hired Knox as OC and slowly implemented his new offense over time.

Pit Bull
10-01-2018, 02:57 PM

He's preparing us for next year......this year.

bgover4
10-01-2018, 03:00 PM
But, but, but.....We are a left lane team. Unfortunately we are in the left lane going the wrong damn direction. It all falls on Moorhead. We have the same talent we had last year. No excuse for this trash.

Really Clark?
10-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Moorhead is struggling implementing a new offense and being a HC at the same time. Hindsight is 20/20 but it appears he shoulda hired Knox as OC and slowly implemented his new offense over time.

Brian Elliot called the plays in the bowl game, not Knox

Dawg2003
10-01-2018, 03:07 PM
I buy it when I see it. He always seems to have these analogies and quotes that sound good, but I haven't seen follow through.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Brian Elliot called the plays in the bowl game, not Knox

That should be a reality kick to the crotch for Moorhead. A lifelong RB coach and a bunch of grad assistants with a freshman QB making his first start beat Petrino and a heisman winning QB and only had 15 practices to put it all together.

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Moorhead might need to delegate playcalling to the guy who ran his offense at Fordham and is QB coach. Not many HC can also be fulltime coordinator. Some do it but most of the time it isn't all the HC.

Saltydog
10-01-2018, 04:13 PM
NT

MetEdDawg
10-01-2018, 04:15 PM
He's 2 games into a bad stretch and we don't buynwhat he's saying and know for a fact he can't make adjustments.

If he turns this thing around I would appreciate all of you that have buried this team to remain away from it.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 04:37 PM
He's 2 games into a bad stretch and we don't buynwhat he's saying and know for a fact he can't make adjustments.

If he turns this thing around I would appreciate all of you that have buried this team to remain away from it.

Be pretty sad when the stadium is half full. You want us to lose half our fan support? Awesome take

MetEdDawg
10-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Be pretty sad when the stadium is half full. You want us to lose half our fan support? Awesome take

It won't matter. Half this board isn't going anyways according to the posts since the game ended. I personally think everyone should come. But maybe we need to cull the negativity. I'll eat crow if we look like shit Saturday but we have a lot already planning on not coming to another game.

KOdawg1
10-01-2018, 04:50 PM
It won't matter. Half this board isn't going anyways according to the posts since the game ended. I personally think everyone should come. But maybe we need to cull the negativity. I'll eat crow if we look like shit Saturday but we have a lot already planning on not coming to another game.

I'll be there but the excitement is gone. The fire is gone. This season is a bust. It's up to Moorhead and the team to determine how big of a bust

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 05:03 PM
I'll be there but the excitement is gone. The fire is gone. This season is a bust. It's up to Moorhead and the team to determine how big of a bust

It'll all come back if we get it together.

Mullen had 9 years and couldn't get over the hump. If Moorhead's offense allows us to get over the hump in the future, then I'll be excited. Obviously it takes too long to install for that to happen this year though.

Bothrops
10-01-2018, 05:43 PM
I don't believe Moorhead would survive his first season if we go 4-8 and we get blown out by Ole Miss. I just don't see it. Our class would slip to the 40s, and transfers would be lining up. People need to think about that.

TrapGame
10-01-2018, 05:52 PM
I don't believe Moorhead would survive his first season if we go 4-8 and we get blown out by Ole Miss. I just don't see it. Our class would slip to the 40s, and transfers would be lining up. People need to think about that.

If that happen he needs to be terminated. 4-8 is unacceptable. This was a top 15 team. This is not a dumpster fire rebuild from a crappy coach that was here for three or four years.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-01-2018, 06:04 PM

Thinking you can write off a coach 5 games into his tenure is an equally awesome take

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Wasn't too impressed with PC today. Waiting to see what happens.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Wasn't too impressed with PC today. Waiting to see what happens.

Well, I was never impressed with a Mullen press conference, so I'd put the press conference to coaching correlation at zero

Dawgs87
10-01-2018, 07:19 PM

I would appreciate if he DOES turn this thing around. It would be different if we showed any kind of pulse on offense, or were losing close. It's sad but after Florida scored their 1 touchdown, I knew in my heart the game was over.

Dawgs87
10-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Thinking you can write off a coach 5 games into his tenure is an equally awesome take

Those are not close to the same.

There have been many, many cases where it was perfectly reasonable to write off a coach 5 games into his tenure. John L at Arkansas comes to mind immediately. There are tons of examples.
The stadium being half full, on the other hand, well that's just never a good thing.

Dawg61
10-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Well, I was never impressed with a Mullen press conference, so I'd put the press conference to coaching correlation at zero

It's very possible for Moorhead to suck and Mullen is overrated. Each shitty performance Moorhead has the legend of Mullen grows by leaps. Mullen is about to be Saban real soon at this pace.

Really Clark?
10-01-2018, 07:28 PM
Those are not close to the same.

There have been many, many cases where it was perfectly reasonable to write off a coach 5 games into his tenure. John L at Arkansas comes to mind immediately. There are tons of examples.
The stadium being half full, on the other hand, well that's just never a good thing.

There are examples both ways but John L Smith is a bad example coming in during the off-season after a fired coach for improper behavior

MSUDAWGFAN
10-01-2018, 07:35 PM
My 1st stick buddy in Flight school was an MIT areo engineer. Smart as sh(* in aerodynamics, but couldn't chew gum and walk at the same time and he couldn't fly worth a shit. Just because your smart don't mean you can apply it in a reallife situation.

What does that have to do with this situation? I think nothing, because quite frankly, I don't think he is all that smart. He was an English major, not an Engineering major. I think he thinks he is smarter than everyone, but these last two games proves he is not.

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2018, 07:43 PM
I would appreciate if he DOES turn this thing around. It would be different if we showed any kind of pulse on offense, or were losing close. It's sad but after Florida scored their 1 touchdown, I knew in my heart the game was over.

Yep. I am still in Moorheads corner.

tcdog70
10-01-2018, 07:43 PM
Who remembers last year when Dan got mud hole stomped by Ga. and Auburn?

Dawgs87
10-01-2018, 07:45 PM
There are examples both ways but John L Smith is a bad example coming in during the off-season after a fired coach for improper behavior

I don't know why the circumstances that put him in that job matter. He had plenty of HC experience and 5 games in it was pretty obvious he couldn't get it done.

I'm just glad JoMo isn't demanding that people SMILE yet.

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2018, 07:51 PM

Well Kentucky and UF isn't GA or last years Auburn, but yes everyone was down on Mullen then.

The thing about message board posters, we pump everything when things are going well and we dog the shit out of everything when we look poor.

Moorhead didn't get himself and the team straight during our warm up games. Now every goal we have as a team and fanbase is lost. What are we playing for now, 3 or 4th in the west if we win minus Bama. The absolute issue with this season is that we were not ever going to beat Bama. No one is going to beat Bama. So we are already not going to get our ultimate goal of making the SEC Championship and CFP.

So with those off the table, we wanted a NY6 bowl. Not going to happen. Now our team is performing so poorly, there is a distinct possibility we do not even make a bowl game PERIOD.

Not sure how you cannot look at our roster and just imagine Aeris and Hill are to be used exactly how Saquon was last year. He touched the ball on like 40% of their offensive plays. No idea why we are not doing it

If you are not going to scheme to get Hill the ball in open space, then you might as well get Aeris in there. Dude gains yards and gets blocks.

Really Clark?
10-01-2018, 07:59 PM
I don't know why the circumstances that put him in that job matter. He had plenty of HC experience and 5 games in it was pretty obvious he couldn't get it done.

Well he was already a failure at Michigan St and still hasn’t had a winning overall record since his Louisville days including the 2 stops since his 1 Arkansas season. He was strictly a stop gap for one year and the season and lack of buy-in by the players proved that

NCDawg
10-01-2018, 08:00 PM

Arkansas fired Jack Crowe when they lost to The Citadel the first game of the season.

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 08:31 PM
It's very possible for Moorhead to suck and Mullen is overrated. Each shitty performance Moorhead has the legend of Mullen grows by leaps. Mullen is about to be Saban real soon at this pace.

Mullen >>>>>> Saban.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Mullen >>>>>> Saban.

Nah, but Mullen >>>>>>>>> Moorhead, so far

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Nah, but Mullen >>>>>>>>> Moorhead, so far

Freeze & Matt Luke >>>>>>>> Mullen.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Freeze & Matt Luke >>>>>>>> Mullen.

Wasn't just based on Saturday night. Mullen also is playing without a qb that fits his system. He has changed his offense some to try and make it work. Moorhead hasn't done that. If you think Moorhead is better though, more power to you

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Wasn't just based on Saturday night. Mullen also is playing without a qb that fits his system. He has changed his offense some to try and make it work. Moorhead hasn't done that. If you think Moorhead is better though, more power to you

I didn't say that ... I was jokin on first post and that should've been obvious. On second post I thought he's in his "I just want to argue mode and be a o'nery asshole" .... so I was f***ing with you ******

ETA: I think it is too early to tell just yet. I was as pissed as you last Sat night.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 08:58 PM
I didn't say that ... I was jokin on first post and that should've been obvious. On second post I thought he's in his "I just want to argue mode and be a o'nery asshole" .... so I was f***ing with you ******

ETA: I think it is too early to tell just yet. I was as pissed as you last Sat night.

I'm always ready to argue

Percho
10-01-2018, 09:07 PM

Amen

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 11:04 PM
That should be a reality kick to the crotch for Moorhead. A lifelong RB coach and a bunch of grad assistants with a freshman QB making his first start beat Petrino and a heisman winning QB and only had 15 practices to put it all together.

I agree to a certain extent. Im not giving Moorhead any excuses and right now I think we made a bad bad hire but that bowl game staff werent trying to put in a whole new system like Moorhead is.

Now Moorheads system looks incredibly complicated and stupid so. He needs to swallow his dumbass pride and do what his kids can do not what he wants

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 11:06 PM

We wont get blown out by OM. They missed 26 tackles on saturday and they wont get much better. They arent terrible on the back end but they have 1 SEC level player on the front 7.

Now if Moorhead comes out and does his dumbass air raid we will lose. If he had stuck to the run saturday we win that game and the one before it. Hard head makes for a soft ass I reckon

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 11:36 PM

Exactly. Its like being the tallest midget

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 11:36 PM

At a team that should have won the natty and at the team that beat the team that won the natty and the team that should have won it.

Come on dude

Todd4State
10-01-2018, 11:44 PM
What do people expect him to say at his press conference? We're not going to change and nothing is wrong?

Gutter Cobreh
10-02-2018, 08:58 AM

You literally started a thread to tell fans if they wanted to send a message - not attend another game...

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69858-If-you-really-want-Moorhead-gone

msstate7
10-02-2018, 09:00 AM
You literally started a thread to tell fans if they wanted to send a message - not attend another game...

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69858-If-you-really-want-Moorhead-gone

Post #61

I'll be at the games. You be there too instead of stalking me

Dawgology
10-02-2018, 09:26 AM
We wont get blown out by OM. They missed 26 tackles on saturday and they wont get much better. They arent terrible on the back end but they have 1 SEC level player on the front 7.

Now if Moorhead comes out and does his dumbass air raid we will lose. If he had stuck to the run saturday we win that game and the one before it. Hard head makes for a soft ass I reckon

I bet we go out and try to throw it all over the place and get a bunch of three and ours and lose by 3 TD's. It sounds really stupid to say that but after watching the play calling these last two games it actually wouldn't surprise me at all.

Gutter Cobreh
10-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Post #61

I'll be at the games. You be there too instead of stalking me

Hilarious. YOU start a thread to call for a boycott, yet refer to the 61st post on where you back track and say you'll be there.

I don't stalk, but what I do is call out hypocrisy when I see it.... Please turn your attention to the Braves and leave the site for a week. You need a break and they won't be in the playoffs for very long.

tcdog70
10-02-2018, 10:59 AM
At a team that should have won the natty and at the team that beat the team that won the natty and the team that should have won it.

Come on dude

so you will be Ok with it if -Ky and Fl go on to win 9-10 games?

msstate7
10-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Hilarious. YOU start a thread to call for a boycott, yet refer to the 61st post on where you back track and say you'll be there.

I don't stalk, but what I do is call out hypocrisy when I see it.... Please turn your attention to the Braves and leave the site for a week. You need a break and they won't be in the playoffs for very long.

It was a dumb thread. I hope no one gives up supporting this team.

As for leaving, you go. All you do is follow me around like my wife's puppy anyway

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2018, 11:03 AM
so you will be Ok with it if -Ky and Fl go on to win 9-10 games?

No because 1 I doubt that happens and 2 even if they did those 2 teams are nowhere near as good as UGA and Auburn were last year

tcdog70
10-02-2018, 02:45 PM
No because 1 I doubt that happens and 2 even if they did those 2 teams are nowhere near as good as UGA and Auburn were last year

and last year we got stomped and were never in the game and this year we had a chance into the 4th quarter. Against Fl we had a chance up to the last drive.