PDA

View Full Version : For those complainig about the metal detectors......

Liverpooldawg
10-01-2018, 11:22 AM
and the clear bags, it could be worse. This the official Liverpool FC statement for fans traveling to Naples for the Champion's League match with Napoli this week.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/319238-liverpool-napoli-travel-advice-away-fans

I don't think it ever comes to that here. That stuff is aimed more at protecting the LFC fans from Italian Ultras.

BeastMan
10-01-2018, 11:24 AM
I welcome metal detectors and safety. Just is what it is today.

smootness
10-01-2018, 11:26 AM
People are complaining about the metal detectors? Why?

BeardoMSU
10-01-2018, 11:27 AM
I welcome metal detectors and safety. Just is what it is today.

Na, we should abide by Tombstone law.**

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ScrawnyVacantIggypops-size_restricted.gif

vv83
10-01-2018, 11:33 AM
People are complaining about the metal detectors? Why?

Did you go to the game?

DCdawg
10-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Getting through the line was pretty terrible Saturday, but we better go ahead and figure out the logistics because I believe it is a requirement for all SEC teams in a couple of years.

smootness
10-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Did you go to the game?

Yes

msu15
10-01-2018, 12:06 PM
It has taken my group about 30 seconds to get through at every game so far this year, guess we are lucky.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 12:07 PM
It has taken my group about 30 seconds to get through at every game so far this year, guess we are lucky.
You must not have been packing heat or knives. I had no trouble either

lefty96
10-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Metal detectors are going to be the new norm sooner rather than later. I'd focus on the team sucking, not the bag check lines.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Almost walked straight thru...

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Again i arrived at the SW gate at 415. I was in my seat after a bathroom stop and concession stand stop by 435-40.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 01:44 PM
The only people who are complaining are the ones waiting until the last minute to go into the stadium. I have had no issues with them.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Took our normal group 45 mins in line. They missed the 1st qtr. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

smootness
10-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Took our normal group 45 mins in line. They missed the 1st qtr. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

That is ridiculous. But it's on the staff, not the fact that there are metal detectors. And this means they waited til game time to go in.

MadDawg
10-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Getting in games the rest of this season shouldn't be too difficult.

DawgFromOxford
10-01-2018, 02:37 PM

Try going to the game 5 minutes before kickoff or try a different gate. Doesn't seem that complicated to me.

Liverpooldawg
10-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Metal detectors are going to be the new norm sooner rather than later. I'd focus on the team sucking, not the bag check lines.

They already are. The SEC is well behind the curve here.

Liverpooldawg
10-01-2018, 02:46 PM

You can't wait till just before the game anymore. It has taken me no more than 2 minutes. Saturday was 30 seconds.

LC Dawg
10-01-2018, 02:55 PM
In the past I have left our tent 15 minutes before kickoff and arrived at my seat in time to see the team run out. This year it has taken 30 minutes each game. I'm not the most patient person so I don't love it for that reason but it's here to stay so not much use in complaining about it.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2018, 03:04 PM
You can't wait till just before the game anymore. It has taken me no more than 2 minutes. Saturday was 30 seconds.

They left their area an hour before the game starts. Should they go 2 hours early? That's crazy.

Captain Falcon
10-01-2018, 03:04 PM
I’ve gotten to the stadium about 45 minutes before kickoff the last two games and got through the line in no time.

Tip: don’t go through the primary entrances that everyone else does. If you’re an East sider, the side entrance right beside Hull Hall and the Butler Guest House is the way to go.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2018, 03:05 PM
I've been to NFL and MLB parks and have never had an issue like we're seeing at State. We can do better.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 03:05 PM
They are here to stay. Maybe they will buy more.

Pit Bull
10-01-2018, 03:12 PM
and the clear bags, it could be worse. This the official Liverpool FC statement for fans traveling to Naples for the Champion's League match with Napoli this week.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/319238-liverpool-napoli-travel-advice-away-fans

I don't think it ever comes to that here. That stuff is aimed more at protecting the LFC fans from Italian Ultras.

Not complaining about the metal detectors themselves.....just the hour+ long wait to travel 25 feet prior to the metal detector.

smootness
10-01-2018, 03:20 PM
They left their area an hour before the game starts. Should they go 2 hours early? That's crazy.

How did they miss the 1st quarter then?

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 03:28 PM

My son missed half the third quarter trying to buy Nachos. That's what needs to be bitch about.

sonofozarka
10-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Not complaining about the metal detectors themselves.....just the hour+ long wait to travel 25 feet prior to the metal detector.

Completely agree, and I can't believe how dumb some are on here that don't think it's a big deal.

The ones not complaining go in the game an hour early, but most people don't do that nor do they want to start.

It's a huge problem if half the crowd has to wait in line for 30-60 minutes to get into the game. Just another reason why people are going to start choosing to stay home, myself included.

I don't think any of us mind the safety, but there are solutions. More gates, triple the amount of metal detectors, train the people running them to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible, etc... You can go through most security lines at the largest airports in the world these days in 2-5 minutes

smootness
10-01-2018, 03:35 PM
My son missed half the third quarter trying to buy Nachos. That's what needs to be bitch about.

Oh, I'll ride that train. I left with 3:30 remaining in the 2nd quarter, immediately got in line for concessions (the line seemed longer than it should be but it wasn't anything crazy, maybe 25 people deep)...I got back to my seat after the 3rd quarter had started.

The people behind the counter could not have cared less about what they were doing and how long it took. The food was all ready to go when it was ordered, it was just the time it took for them to get it. It was ridiculous.

Dallas_Dawg
10-01-2018, 05:55 PM
The metal detector lines, concession lines and traffic leaving the game were all embarrassingly bad and slow.
Metal detectors just need to make sure you aren't packing heat and then let people go.
The people working the detectors and concessions were slow and extremely inefficient. And the traffic is just plain bad.
I was embarrassed. And I'm not talking about football.

Liverpooldawg
10-02-2018, 08:05 AM

Then try another gate. Of course that might mean walking a bit more, the horror. The longest it has taken me to get in so far is 5 minutes. That was because I got behind an old couple at the first game that had obviously never been through airport security before.

Liverpooldawg
10-02-2018, 08:10 AM
The metal detector lines, concession lines and traffic leaving the game were all embarrassingly bad and slow.
Metal detectors just need to make sure you aren't packing heat and then let people go.
The people working the detectors and concessions were slow and extremely inefficient. And the traffic is just plain bad.
I was embarrassed. And I'm not talking about football.

Tell me what you would do with the traffic. You are putting about 50k more people into a town and campus where the normal population is about 40k combined. The only time I saw long concession lines was just before the game and at the half, imagine that. People are going to have to face the fact if they wait till the same time everybody else tries to go through security, they are going to have to wait. If you don't want to wait, get there early and go in and watch the warmups. I've always done that anyway and I'm not waiting much at all. If anything I'm not waiting as much because the ticket scanners seem to be working better this year.

Duckdog
10-02-2018, 08:30 AM
The metal detectors are a false sense of security, thats all.

StarkVegasSteve
10-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Oh, I'll ride that train. I left with 3:30 remaining in the 2nd quarter, immediately got in line for concessions (the line seemed longer than it should be but it wasn't anything crazy, maybe 25 people deep)...I got back to my seat after the 3rd quarter had started.

The people behind the counter could not have cared less about what they were doing and how long it took. The food was all ready to go when it was ordered, it was just the time it took for them to get it. It was ridiculous.

I talked to someone who works in the marketing department for Aramark on campus and was told that the usual workers come from non-profit organizations, but they were PO'd they weren't being paid enough so they didn't show up and the University had to pull people from the cafeteria to work the concession stands

Cooterpoot
10-02-2018, 08:48 AM

Because they had a long walk to the stadium. They got to their seats with about 5 min left in the 1st qtr. And I said 45 mins but they said over an hour wait. I didn't believe them but the timeframe fits. Either way, most stadiums don't have the long waits like we do. I go to tons of college and pro games and never have that kind of wait. I guess we can accept mediocrity with this like we do everything else.

msu15
10-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Anyone that thinks it's crazy to get the stadium a hour early is big part of the mediocrity problem.

Cooterpoot
10-02-2018, 09:07 AM
Anyone that thinks it's crazy to get the stadium a hour early is big part of the mediocrity problem.

An hour early should be sufficient though. And if everybody went at the same time to be early, the lines would be even worse. Again, we aren't handling it properly.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 09:11 AM

Besides, if you don't get to the stadium early, you won't see us score. Certainly if you don't make it to halftime

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
10-02-2018, 09:27 AM
I left the tailgate at 4 and got in a line that didn't move. We were getting cut apparently. I left the line, walked up to the front and walked right in. The metal detectors appeared to be off, but a dude with a wand stopped us before we entered. got to my seat for our second possession. Seems like it would go a lot smoother if the lines were directed better. It was just a cluster.