PDA

View Full Version : We are a soft program

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 10:51 AM
We have been for the last 5 or so yrs except for 3 quarters and 1 game against LSU and 3.5 quarters against Bama. If this is what to be endured for a short time to fix and change our program to not be soft then I am fine with it. Tired of being soft ******s.

Only way you fix soft is to keep hammering a square nail into a round hole until you grind the edges down and it fits. Keep pounding.

bluelightstar
10-01-2018, 10:52 AM
This is a new take on things, for sure. This year is the first time I've thought we were soft.

Leroy Jenkins
10-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Soft as Grandma's titties.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 10:57 AM
This is a new take on things, for sure. This year is the first time I've thought we were soft.

It is. He's trying to blame Mullen for us being soft. When did we turn pass happy again and get run over on the oline?

WinningIsRelentless
10-01-2018, 11:02 AM
I Seen It Dawg is just soft and can?t man up and say he was wrong

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 11:03 AM
We have been for the last 5 or so yrs except for 3 quarters and 1 game against LSU and 3.5 quarters against Bama. If this is what to be endured for a short time to fix and change our program to not be soft then I am fine with it. Tired of being soft ******s.

Only way you fix soft is to keep hammering a square nail into a round hole until you grind the edges down and it fits. Keep pounding.

That square nail will never fit

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 11:08 AM
I Seen It Dawg is just soft and can?t man up and say he was wrong

I never have a problem saying I was wrong. And I may be here but I'm gonna hang on for awhile and see if this guy can turn it around.

We are soft as a program and we have been. What about our program has shown in our recent history that we are a crush your face in program that isn't soft? 2014? How about take anything that had to do with Dak out of it and find something. And even then 14 and 15 had soft all over it.

The epitome of softness was how we acted when Kentucky hit us in the mouth. How we acted when Osiris dropped the pass. Those are all Mullen's players. It take time to change that. I'm not saying Moorhead is the guy to change it bc it's too soon to tell, just as it is too soon to say he's not, but I'm willing to see.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 11:09 AM
That square nail will never fit

And that may be right. But I'm gonna wait and see. If I am wrong so be it.

smootness
10-01-2018, 11:11 AM
We have never been this soft, not in more than a decade. That is on Moorhead, not Mullen. Sorry.

The whole 'these are Mullen's players' doesn't fly. Because under Mullen, they weren't this soft. They just weren't.

What I see on the field is a complete lack of focus and intensity, and I haven't seen it like that in a long time. That is on the current coaching staff.

bluelightstar
10-01-2018, 11:12 AM
And one more thing, why did we switch to these horrible track suits for the Dawg Walk? The suits were much more professional.

WinningIsRelentless
10-01-2018, 12:12 PM
I never have a problem saying I was wrong. And I may be here but I'm gonna hang on for awhile and see if this guy can turn it around.

We are soft as a program and we have been. What about our program has shown in our recent history that we are a crush your face in program that isn't soft? 2014? How about take anything that had to do with Dak out of it and find something. And even then 14 and 15 had soft all over it.

The epitome of softness was how we acted when Kentucky hit us in the mouth. How we acted when Osiris dropped the pass. Those are all Mullen's players. It take time to change that. I'm not saying Moorhead is the guy to change it bc it's too soon to tell, just as it is too soon to say he's not, but I'm willing to see.

Weak teams don?t run the football 65% of the time in the SEC much less the SECW like we did last year.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 12:19 PM
We will see with 7-8 games left

GreenheadDawg
10-01-2018, 12:22 PM
And one more thing, why did we switch to these horrible track suits for the Dawg Walk? The suits were much more professional.

Jesus. Yeh if we looked like a salesman we would be 5-0. What we wear during the dog walk is the least of our worries.

Drugdog
10-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Jesus. Yeh if we looked like a salesman we would be 5-0. What we wear during the dog walk is the least of our worries.

Seriously? It just magnifies all that is wrong.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2018, 12:33 PM
We have never been this soft, not in more than a decade. That is on Moorhead, not Mullen. Sorry.

The whole 'these are Mullen's players' doesn't fly. Because under Mullen, they weren't this soft. They just weren't.

What I see on the field is a complete lack of focus and intensity, and I haven't seen it like that in a long time. That is on the current coaching staff.

Do you remember the Orange Bowl? Do you remember how GT took it to us when we knew they don't throw the ball? I don't want to hear the excuse that Collins left and so we weren't prepared. That team, outside of Dak being the leader he is, was soft and it is regarded as our best team. After this weekend, I did realize two things. Mullen is exceptional at hiding his players weaknesses and creating a narrative to skew people's opinions.

I'm not sure what team you're watching, but I see intensity with our players. I also see them as taking that intensity and doing dumb shit because they mentally aren't mature enough to channel it. I see our RBs running hard and I see our DL wrecking shit. What I don't see is our LBs making easy plays, our WRs catching passes, or our QB being even remotely accurate.

All last week, a majority on here pointed out flaws like penalties in the KY game that they were certain couldn't be fixed in a week. What happened? We played at home (granted), but the penalties were fixed.

It seems like a majority here are simply content with the program at a level Mullen brought it to. I, for one, am not and I do think Moorhead can take us to the next level. The reason is because I think Joe is a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy. Mullen, on the other hand, is the type of guy that will deflect any deficiencies and not put in the work to actually correct them (see narrative creation above). Mullen will win at Florida, but please look at the way he handled the end of the 1st half against us. He doesn't have the mental aptitude to ever win big. No other truly successful coach in America allows the clock to run, only to call a timeout with 4 seconds left. He will win consistently and he will recruit better at Florida. What he won't do is ever win big because he's a narcissist.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Do you remember the Orange Bowl? Do you remember how GT took it to us when we knew they don't throw the ball? I don't want to hear the excuse that Collins left and so we weren't prepared. That team, outside of Dak being the leader he is, was soft and it is regarded as our best team. After this weekend, I did realize two things. Mullen is exceptional at hiding his players weaknesses and creating a narrative to skew people's opinions.

I'm not sure what team you're watching, but I see intensity with our players. I also see them as taking that intensity and doing dumb shit because they mentally aren't mature enough to channel it. I see our RBs running hard and I see our DL wrecking shit. What I don't see is our LBs making easy plays, our WRs catching passes, or our QB being even remotely accurate.

All last week, a majority on here pointed out flaws like penalties in the KY game that they were certain couldn't be fixed in a week. What happened? We played at home (granted), but the penalties were fixed.

It seems like a majority here are simply content with the program at a level Mullen brought it to. I, for one, am not and I do think Moorhead can take us to the next level. The reason is because I think Joe is a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy. Mullen, on the other hand, is the type of guy that will deflect any deficiencies and not put in the work to actually correct them (see narrative creation above). Mullen will win at Florida, but please look at the way he handled the end of the 1st half against us. He doesn't have the mental aptitude to ever win big. No other truly successful coach in America allows the clock to run, only to call a timeout with 4 seconds left. He will win consistently and he will recruit better at Florida. What he won't do is ever win big because he's a narcissist.

Love this....and note Mullen tried every way possible to lose that game. Grantham saved him again.

Todd4State
10-01-2018, 12:37 PM
It is. He's trying to blame Mullen for us being soft. When did we turn pass happy again and get run over on the oline?

smootness

What? You think my opinion that we should fire Moorhead is because I'm content with the level of the program?

I am NOT content with the level of the program. And it's pretty clear Moorhead can't even keep us at that level.

Our team lacks intensity - from practice, to warmups, to the demeanor on the sideline. I saw one player ever show any emotion or intensity at any point in the Florida game off the field - Darryl Williams. Beyond that, we were just standing around like we had no idea what to do. Fitzgerald and Moorhead included. No leadership, no focus, no drive, no intensity.

The defense does play hard, I'll give you that. The offense sucks.

I seen it dawg
From a HC we have played not named Mullen...."I knew if we came out and hit them in the mouth they would quit"

smootness
10-01-2018, 12:38 PM
We just look dumb at this point continuing to throw shots at Mullen when he took this apparently weak, soft, pathetic group of players (that seems to be the argument) and won 9 games last year.

Either we were already soft and Mullen is just a genius, or we weren't soft until Moorhead showed up. Those are the options.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 12:39 PM

We had to bc we were bad at rb and oline. That's on Mullen, but he adjusted to win 9 games. Moorhead can't or won't adjust

smootness
10-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Outside of Alabama, I haven't had the feeling that we were out of a game once we got down or were hit in the mouth in almost a decade. I've had that feeling both of the last two games.

smootness
10-01-2018, 12:41 PM

2015, when we stomped Kentucky, stomped Missouri, beat Auburn on the road, lost to LSU by 2, and won 9 games?

Get out of here with this crap.

If we were soft then, we're an absolute joke now.

Todd4State
10-01-2018, 12:43 PM

BOOM! You nailed it. Joe may not be the answer but we weren't going to elevate ourselves with Dan.

Maybe these numbskulls will finally see why I was bitching about our o-line and WR recruiting for years when Eiland is getting beat repeatedly or our 2 star WR special Osirius Mitchell is dropping balls in his hands- but no it's "gee look at how good Dan was at covering for these guys!"

DownwardDawg
10-01-2018, 12:44 PM
I?ve been saying we were a finesse team for years. It pissed me off to see us get punched in the mouth and lay down. We?ve been that way for several years. However, I don?t see what Moorehead is doing to fix that. He?s more pass happy than Dan. I?m afraid he?s gonna make us even more soft than Dan made us.

Todd4State
10-01-2018, 12:45 PM
2015, when we stomped Kentucky, stomped Missouri, beat Auburn on the road, lost to LSU by 2, and won 9 games?

Get out of here with this crap.

If we were soft then, we're an absolute joke now.

Thanks Dak!

msstate7
10-01-2018, 12:47 PM
I?ve been saying we were a finesse team for years. It pissed me off to see us get punched in the mouth and lay down. We?ve been that way for several years. However, I don?t see what Moorehead is doing to fix that. He?s more pass happy than Dan. I?m afraid he?s gonna make us even more soft than Dan made us.

We were 4th in the sec in rushing yds game last season and led the sec in yds per rush. Soft indeed

Todd4State
We had to bc we were bad at rb and oline. That's on Mullen, but he adjusted to win 9 games. Moorhead can't or won't adjust

You asked when the last time we were this pass happy was. I'm sorry it was under ya boy Dan.

Gutter Cobreh
What? You think my opinion that we should fire Moorhead is because I'm content with the level of the program?

I am NOT content with the level of the program. And it's pretty clear Moorhead can't even keep us at that level.

Our team lacks intensity - from practice, to warmups, to the demeanor on the sideline. I saw one player ever show any emotion or intensity at any point in the Florida game off the field - Darryl Williams. Beyond that, we were just standing around like we had no idea what to do. Fitzgerald and Moorhead included. No leadership, no focus, no drive, no intensity.

The defense does play hard, I'll give you that. The offense sucks.

So you missed Kylin putting a shoulder into the defender at the sideline on a run and wrecking him? That isn't intensity?

I'm not suggesting you don't want what is best for our program, but the "fire Moorhead" narrative around here after 5 games is absolutely terrible. Why is that the narrative? Because our fan base (the same ones that bitched about our recruiting under Mullen) seem to have bought into the idea that we're simply loaded at every position. We have talent, but want we don't have is a QB that is accurate in any way, shape, or form. Hard for a coach to not be one-dimensional.

msstate7
Thanks Dak!

Who signed em?

smootness
10-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Thanks Dak!

If we had hired Moorhead in 2015 and Dak immediately took a nosedive like the one Fitzgerald is currently taking, we all would have said, 'Well, we just don't have the talent we thought we did. We have soft players and Mullen just recruited to his scheme.'

See how easy this is to do?

We have sucked...sucked, sucked, sucked...under Moorhead. You can spin it all you want, but that is the reality.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Who signed em?

The same coach that beat out Middle TN State for our current QB....great recruiting job done there!

smootness
10-01-2018, 12:51 PM
You asked when the last time we were this pass happy was. I'm sorry it was under ya boy Dan.

So you hated it then...but now, hey, things might work out, right?

Everyone killed Dan for running the ball less...the very same people arguing we need to give Moorhead time. I just don't get it.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2018, 12:53 PM
If we had hired Moorhead in 2015 and Dak immediately took a nosedive like the one Fitzgerald is currently taking, we all would have said, 'Well, we just don't have the talent we thought we did. We have soft players and Mullen just recruited to his scheme.'

See how easy this is to do?

We have sucked...sucked, sucked, sucked...under Moorhead. You can spin it all you want, but that is the reality.

Not to bash the guy, but even with 2-3 years of NFL coaching and training - Dak still isn't known for his long range accuracy. He wasn't awarded the nickname of "Check down Charlie" for no reason. What he does have in spades are the intangibles. We are severely lacking in that category with this team.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 12:55 PM
The same coach that beat out Middle TN State for our current QB....great recruiting job done there!

Oh the one about to break Tebow's rushing record...

smootness
10-01-2018, 12:55 PM
So you missed Kylin putting a shoulder into the defender at the sideline on a run and wrecking him? That isn't intensity?

I'm not suggesting you don't want what is best for our program, but the "fire Moorhead" narrative around here after 5 games is absolutely terrible. Why is that the narrative? Because our fan base (the same ones that bitched about our recruiting under Mullen) seem to have bought into the idea that we're simply loaded at every position. We have talent, but want we don't have is a QB that is accurate in any way, shape, or form. Hard for a coach to not be one-dimensional.

And who promoted the idea that we were loaded at every position (besides 3rd party observers without any dog in the fight)? The very people who claimed Mullen was holding us back, who are for some reason backing Moorhead now. Take it up with them.

And we have a coach who isn't accurate throwing. So the approach is to keep throwing, and quit handing off to our RBs who actually show some fight and heart? The same QB who led the SEC in total offense last year? Looks like some coaches know how to approach things with the guy.

I'm beating the 'Moorhead isn't the answer' drum precisely because I want what is best for our program. I was 100% behind the hire. 100%. I even bought into the argument that he might actually be better than Mullen. I truly did. I was pumped. But this is unacceptable. Completely terrible, shocking, and unacceptable.

And again, it has less to do with the offense and more to do with what I see as a lack of focus, discipline, and intensity.

smootness
10-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Not to bash the guy, but even with 2-3 years of NFL coaching and training - Dak still isn't known for his long range accuracy. He wasn't awarded the nickname of "Check down Charlie" for no reason. What he does have in spades are the intangibles. We are severely lacking in that category with this team.

You guys need to get together and pick an argument.

Because right now you're all over the place. Either the program was being held back, or it's actually the problem. Either Dak can't throw that well, or he's the only reason we ever won games to begin with. Either Fitzgerald was good enough last year to mask our deficiencies and soft mentality, or he's a guy who wasn't highly recruited, can't throw, and can't be asked to lead an offense.

Or...the easy answer here...our program can be set up to win, Mullen did it fairly well, but Moorhead sucks.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Oh the one about to break Tebow's rushing record...

Yes. That is what we all look for when recruiting a QB; someone that can break a rushing record....

smootness
10-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Yes. That is what we all look for when recruiting a QB; someone that can break a rushing record....

So Fitzgerald now sucks. Good to know you're going with that.

In that case, Mullen is a genius and that can't be denied.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 01:00 PM

Led the sec in total yardage last season.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2018, 01:05 PM
You guys need to get together and pick an argument.

Because right now you're all over the place. Either the program was being held back, or it's actually the problem. Either Dak can't throw that well, or he's the only reason we ever won games to begin with. Either Fitzgerald was good enough last year to mask our deficiencies and soft mentality, or he's a guy who wasn't highly recruited, can't throw, and can't be asked to lead an offense.

Unfortunately, there isn't one reason. There are a multitude of them. None of them though, result in firing the current coach.

1) Our QB play sucks and has sucked for years, even though it gets overlooked for one reason or another.
2) Our OL has regressed. I'll put this on the current coaching staff, because I think Mullen and Hev did a phenomenal job masking their deficiencies last year.
3) We are soft as an overall team. Look at how they responded at KY when jawing all week. They couldn't play within themselves. I do think KY is better than anyone here gave them credit for.
4) Dak was never a great passer and will probably never be a truly great passer. What is was good at though was using his mental capacity to ad lib and make the right decision on the field. He also has off the charts leadership abilities that allowed him to corral and focus guys like Robinson and other knuckleheads.

None of the above results in a coach being fired after year 1. He is getting paid to be criticized (like the required checks at the line of scrimmage), but when our fanbase elevates their expectations to a level where we are talking firing the new coach after 5 games - we should step back and reevaluate the situation because that isn't rational. There are multiple threads regarding how we will be "Rick Ray esque" in football because of this hire. Totally assinine.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Led the sec in total yardage last season.

But was #11 in the conference in passing yards. Again, not what we're looking for in a QB if we have aspirations of winning any sort of title.

For comparison - Stidham at AU had 3,152; Fitz had 1,782.

smootness
10-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately, there isn't one reason. There are a multitude of them. None of them though, result in firing the current coach.

1) Our QB play sucks and has sucked for years, even though it gets overlooked for one reason or another.
2) Our OL has regressed. I'll put this on the current coaching staff, because I think Mullen and Hev did a phenomenal job masking their deficiencies last year.
3) We are soft as an overall team. Look at how they responded at KY when jawing all week. They couldn't play within themselves. I do think KY is better than anyone here gave them credit for.
4) Dak was never a great passer and will probably never be a truly great passer. What is was good at though was using his mental capacity to ad lib and make the right decision on the field. He also has off the charts leadership abilities that allowed him to corral and focus guys like Robinson and other knuckleheads.

None of the above results in a coach being fired after year 1. He is getting paid to be criticized (like the required checks at the line of scrimmage), but when our fanbase elevates their expectations to a level where we are talking firing the new coach after 5 games - we should step back and reevaluate the situation because that isn't rational. There are multiple threads regarding how we will be "Rick Ray esque" in football because of this hire. Totally assinine.

You have got to be kidding me. You are now just spouting nonsense.

And no, it isn't asinine. Because it isn't just that we have lost games or haven't looked great. It's that we have looked pitiful, with a team that shouldn't ever look pitiful and didn't as recently as last year. We have taken a huge step backward and seem to go backward even further with every passing half. That is the sign of a bad coach.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 01:14 PM
ESPN qbr has our qb top 4 in sec 2015-2017

Dawg61
10-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Love this....and note Mullen tried every way possible to lose that game. Grantham saved him again.

This. As terrible as we were on offense in the 2nd half we STILL had the chance to make a game tying drive late in the 4th. Mullen doesn't have a kill bone in his body.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 01:42 PM
This. As terrible as we were on offense in the 2nd half we STILL had the chance to make a game tying drive late in the 4th. Mullen doesn't have a kill bone in his body.

Perhaps Mullen knew our anemic offense had no shot and just played conservatively

Political Hack
10-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Maybe Mullen found a way to win a game that he shouldn't have and it's the players AND JoMo's fault for letting it happen. Just maybe?

Cooterpoot
10-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Seen it is drunk today.

Dawg61
10-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Perhaps Mullen knew our anemic offense had no shot and just played conservatively

We ALL were sick of his conservative nature after 9 years. No way Florida should have even been within a touchdown of us with how awful we've been on offense. Why keep a dead dog laying around? Shit like that will backfire in his face in big games and he'll NEVER learn.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2018, 03:26 PM

This is true. This was his plan and we didn't force his hand because we dropped a TD pass that would have put pressure on his offense in the 2nd half.

We made an adjustment at halftime (yet we don't credit the coaches for doing so) by seeing an opportunity to throw over the top and it worked - until Mitchell dropped it...

Mullen gets credited because he saw an opportunity at a trick play - called it and the players executed it.

smootness
10-01-2018, 03:33 PM
This is true. This was his plan and we didn't force his hand because we dropped a TD pass that would have put pressure on his offense in the 2nd half.

We made an adjustment at halftime (yet we don't credit the coaches for doing so) by seeing an opportunity to throw over the top and it worked - until Mitchell dropped it...

Mullen gets credited because he saw an opportunity at a trick play - called it and the players executed it.

You call one open WR on one play an adjustment?

Our offense has regressed in the 2nd half each of the last two games.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 03:37 PM

Vs Kentucky in 2nd half = 52 yards, 0 pts
Vs Florida in 2nd half = 46 yards, 0 pts

He's obviously an adjustment wizard

bulldawg28
10-01-2018, 03:47 PM
We were soft on defense. Offensively we pounded the s**t out of people. You don't use your Qb for short yardage being soft.

MarketingBully
10-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Meh, I guess you guys were okay with losing to Ole Miss and just winning the games we were supposed to win and lose the games we were supposed to lose. He abandoned us before the Gator Bowl so IMO he doesn’t get credit for 9 wins last year. He also screwed us last year by not getting KT ready for the season so when Fitz went down Key wasn’t ready to go in. He was 1-3 in his last four games against Ole Miss. I’m not giving up on JoMo yet. If he can right the ship and get us to something like 7-5 and an Egg Bowl win I’d even see us as having some mo at the end of the year.

Gutter Cobreh
10-01-2018, 04:03 PM

Yes, in fact I do. Especially considering it was our first series and play coming out of the half and after a huge turnover.

When our players show they can't make plays, I suppose any coach would need a whole book of adjustments with a lot of prayers mixed in...