PDA

View Full Version : Questioning JoMo offence in article in CL

shannondawg
10-01-2018, 10:22 AM
I'm not going to post it, and y'all get mad when somebody brings that fish wrapper up.

But its very critical of the coaching, and probably first time in my limited memory that a negative article that I agreed with.

I'm usually over the butt hurt of a loss on Monday, but not this one. Maybe Tuesday, but my bubble has been busted and for loss of a better word am just kinda bitter because it seemed we had such potential this year.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 10:26 AM
It's in the CL so that makes me feel better there may be more to it than the surface we see. F that rag

mparkerfd20
10-01-2018, 10:47 AM
I read it and if the quotes by JoMo in there are accurate I'm afraid he doesn't get it and won't change. I fully expect to win at most 2 more games this year, lose our recruiting class, and be stuck in suckitude for the next 5-10 years. We royally 17ed up this hire and not only should JoMo be fired, but Cohen as well.

shannondawg
10-01-2018, 11:14 AM
I don't agree on Cohen being fired , the man had a pretty good track record.

Its just so disappointing to me, with a shot at the championship this year, we would be leaving the sharks in our dust for years to come.

Now we are back to square 1 with them.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 11:23 AM

Its just so disappointing to me, with a shot at the championship this year, we would be leaving the sharks in our dust for years to come.

What is Cohen's track record that is good?

I don't want him fired either, but fans with blind faith are worse.

What's the good track record?

Liverpooldawg
10-01-2018, 11:24 AM

What track record was that?

TrapGame
10-01-2018, 11:40 AM
If Joe only beats La Tech the rest of the way he should be shown the door, pronto. Cohen is fired as collateral damage b/c he shit the bed on this one. Keenum calls Ninja and asks for a reference for a top notch up and coming AD.

smootness
10-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Any comments short of, 'This is awful, unacceptable, and will change starting now,' show Moorhead doesn't know what he's doing.

TrapGame
10-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Any comments short of, 'This is awful, unacceptable, and will change starting now,' show Moorhead doesn't know what he's doing.

Even Bo this morning was saying he doesn't think Joe "gets it". He had a ton of callers on and they had zero confidence Joe is going to be the right guy going forward.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Even Bo this morning was saying he doesn't think Joe "gets it". He had a ton of callers on and they had zero confidence Joe is going to be the right guy going forward.
Gotta hand it to bo. He didn't buy into the hoopla here and other state outlets. He was certainly more right about this season than this board

TrapGame
10-01-2018, 12:11 PM
Gotta hand it to bo. He didn't buy into the hoopla here and other state outlets. He was certainly more right about this season than this board

I hate to admit it, but he was right. I still can't stand Bartoo though.

shannondawg
10-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Cohen's is good enough not to be fired, hiring head coaches ain't his only job.

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2018, 01:47 PM
I am not sure Cohen should be fired even if Moorhead tanks this year. Most media thought we hit a homerun hiring him. He was thought of as the top offensive coordinator in college football.

Political Hack
10-01-2018, 01:54 PM

Typically agree with 99% of what you say, but Cohen's butt should be getting hot at the same speed JoMo's does. I know hiring HC's isn't his only
Job, but it's probably his most important job.

Hired Cann. Hired JoMo. We'll see how the baseball hire looks this year, but if that falls apart he might be looking 0-3 dead in the face.

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Typically agree with 99% of what you say, but Cohen's butt should be getting hot at the same speed JoMo's does. I know hiring HC's isn't his only
Job, but it's probably his most important job.

Hired Cann. Hired JoMo. We'll see how the baseball hire looks this year, but if that falls apart he might be looking 0-3 dead in the face.

JoMo and Lemonis should be held against him but I give him a partial pass on Canny. If Canny doesn't get mesmerized by the poon, he is a homerun/grandslam hire. I will say that he probably dropped the ball not knowing how bad the team had gotten but he probably didn't think about it with Henderson on staff.

shannondawg
10-01-2018, 07:25 PM
You got a point, but Canny was a good coach , just most of his blood fell below his waist.
I am just more forgiving than most I guess.

Did you see where the ceo of Ge got tossed and the stock went up 16 % early , don't know how it wound up, now thats was a bad hire.

JoMo and Lemonis should be held against him but I give him a partial pass on Canny. If Canny doesn't get mesmerized by the poon, he is a homerun/grandslam hire. I will say that he probably dropped the ball not knowing how bad the team had gotten but he probably didn't think about it with Henderson on staff.

Todd4State
10-02-2018, 01:03 AM

I don't give him a pass on that because there were rumors about Cann and women before he was hired. What's really scary is Tulane caught on to it and we glossed over it.

Cohen should have made Henderson the interim for the season and done a proper search- something that basically ended up happening anyway.

Todd4State
10-02-2018, 01:05 AM
If Joe only beats La Tech the rest of the way he should be shown the door, pronto. Cohen is fired as collateral damage b/c he shit the bed on this one. Keenum calls Ninja and asks for a reference for a top notch up and coming AD.

My opinion- go outside the MSU and LT family tree of AD's.

dogmatic
10-02-2018, 01:14 AM
He probably was the hottest OC in the Big 10 and college FB, which made him a top candidate, but if he doesn't pan out, we have to recognize that fact and roll. The Peter Principle isn't a fictional notion.

StateDawg44
10-02-2018, 10:07 AM

Yeah you're right. It's just that easy to pluck great AD's and head coaches. They are so abundant and all. Why didn't we just follow your plan from the beginning. They are just one phone call away.

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Yeah you're right. It's just that easy to pluck great AD's and head coaches. They are so abundant and all. Why didn't we just follow your plan from the beginning. They are just one phone call away.

I'm glad you're seeing the true way of things.***