PDA

View Full Version : Team morale

msstate7
10-01-2018, 07:14 AM
We had championship aspirations. We've lost 2 in a row to sec east opponents. We've scored 7 and 6 in those losses. Does this team still believe in Moorhead? I think this team has enough talent to salvage the season somewhat if they don't quit and Moorhead can teach his offense. What I don't know is if this team will pack it in

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 07:20 AM
I'm hoping they aren't there yet, and don't believe they are. Joe needs to practice 1s vs 1s, and with a lot of intensity too. He needs to toughen them up. Plus, he himself needs to take over coaching the Oline probably. He also needs to play Aeris 75% of the time and give him the ball a lot too.

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2018, 07:22 AM
From what I've seen on twitter from a number of players - it seems like the only people questioning this staff are the fans. Players seem bought in, and to a degree are bashing the fair-weatheredness of our fans.

Everyone wants to win.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 07:24 AM
From what I've seen on twitter from a number of players - it seems like the only people questioning this staff are the fans. Players seem bought in, and to a degree are bashing the fair-weatheredness of our fans.

Everyone wants to win.

Our players need to stay off Twitter and learn the offense. Nevertheless, glad they still believe in Moorhead

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 07:31 AM
Our players need to stay off Twitter and learn the offense. Nevertheless, glad they still believe in Moorhead

Right you are sir!

Drugdog
10-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Someone tweet how to block a rushing defensive end.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 07:37 AM

Haha

Activated Alpha
10-01-2018, 08:36 AM
Just like dallas fans tweet to feed Zeke. State should tweet to feed Ares

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Matt said on the 5th quarter show that this is going to be the toughest job for Moorhead going forwards this season. Nothing is gong right and nothing is clicking for the offense. He said he is going to have to keep them together. They can start to lose confidence in each other and so forth. Moorhead needs to shake things up.

Pit Bull
10-02-2018, 01:53 PM

Put Aeris Williams at left tackle.

Dawg61
10-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Put Aeris Williams at left tackle.

We joke but I bet Jefferey Simmons woulda put Allen from Kentucky on his ass a couple of times at LT. We probably woulda been better off with a TE playing there for that game instead of 6'8 Eiland. We basically had air at LT blocking Allen and the air kept getting offsides penalties.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2018, 02:21 PM

Everyone wants to win.

Probably because when they watch the film, dudes are wide open.

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 04:28 PM

I was actually surprised when rewatching the last play, Kylin throws a great block along with the Oline.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 04:30 PM
I was actually surprised when rewatching the last play, Kylin throws a great block along with the Oline.

Hopefully he's figuring it out

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 04:31 PM
We joke but I bet Jefferey Simmons woulda put Allen from Kentucky on his ass a couple of times at LT. We probably woulda been better off with a TE playing there for that game instead of 6'8 Eiland. We basically had air at LT blocking Allen and the air kept getting offsides penalties.

Whether Moorhead didn't recognize it or Fitz didn't, half of Allen's pressures were due to him being out so wide that the LT couldn't slide out that far in enough time. We should have ran off the Left Guard about 30 times for about 5-10 yards a pop.

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Hopefully he's figuring it out

I am wondering how Fitz missed the one guy blitzing that made it through. The Oline and RB did the best job all night on picking them up. Eight man blitz and the only one who got through was straight through at Fitz. Any good QB would have laughed at that as they made an easy throw.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 04:37 PM
I am wondering how Fitz missed the one guy blitzing that made it through. The Oline and RB did the best job all night on picking them up. Eight man blitz and the only one who got through was straight through at Fitz. Any good QB would have laughed at that as they made an easy throw.

Who knows? Fitz is broken at the moment. I think he's just thinking way too much

Pit Bull
10-02-2018, 04:50 PM

That was maybe a little bit of a joke, but I think in a lot of instances we would have been better off with Aeris. Of course, on some plays Aeris might have been a liability due to not enough weight. Bear Bryant blocked bigger DL all the time with guys like 6'1"/240, 6'2"/250, 6'3"/260 in his offensive lines.....In fact Sylvester Croom was one of them. When I used to watch Croom play for the Bear.....he pretty much pancaked everything in front of him. The Bear liked smaller quicker and more skilled blockers. Croom was about the top nationally ranked OL for BAMA during that period. He was a devastating blocker......what bothers me is vs KY, we saw it happening, and did not adjust. That's what's concerning.

bluelightstar
10-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Who knows? Fitz is broken at the moment. I think he's just thinking way too much

That's part of why I'd try KT. Surely, KT can see the safety blitz coming in that situation. Maybe he's not significantly more accurate, but Fitz just doesn't have it right now. It's sort of how Jalen Hurts had been good for a while, but he just didn't have it anymore in the latter half of last year.

Also, consider me somewhat skeptical of the practice reports about how KT is "so much worse" right now than Fitz, since those same reports said this was offense was a finely-tuned machine. #agenda

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 08:42 PM

Maybe Fitz is trying to learn everything so he gets paralysis from the overload, who knows. I did just see Getsy say that Fitz was making the correct calls but we just aren't executing. Maybe our execution is slow because people aren't comfortable with the offense. It kind of reminds me of everyone saying Sirmon was a very intelligent guy which is how he got the DC job. Unfortunately, he tried to make our players have to try and read the offense every play instead of just blowing and going. College kids don't have time to get the reps in for that kind of defense.

I wonder if we are suffering from the same type of issues on offense. When it is in practice going slow then they can function but game speed plus adrenaline makes all that go out the window.