PDA

View Full Version : Sadly the Cardinals season ended today

Todd4State
10-01-2018, 01:30 AM
But I like the potential of the younger players that they have. Here is my offseason wish list.

I like the starting pitching options. Carlos Martinez can be an ace- but he needs to get in better shape. Mikolas was good and I think he can repeat that next year. Jack Flaherty was really good and has a high ceiling- 182 K's in 151 IP. Michael Wacha is good when he is healthy and will be in a free agent year. Luke Weaver is someone I would probably try to trade because I think there is some value there and I like John Gant better. Weaver could certainly be someone that could help out the bullpen. I hope they keep Wainwright and I have a feeling that happens. I would use Wainwright and Alex Reyes as a tandem and have them both share the fifth spot and basically throw both on 10 days rest- if Reyes is healthy.

They need some LH relief pitchers badly. I'm not expecting Cecil or Gregerson back and Norris is a free agent who won't be back. Jordan Hicks is going to be the closer. I think Hudson and Gomber are going to be a good duo behind him- with Hudson's slider and Gomber's curveball. The LH reliever market is very meh. They're probably going to have to trade for one- but I could see them going with Genesis Cabrera from the farm. I think Daniel once de Leon and maybe even Ryan Helsey could be in the bullpen.

Yadi is going to catch. Andrew Knizer may be the back up next year. Carson Kelly is destined to be a career back-up.

I hope they get Manny Machado and I think the Cardinals will at least kick the tires on him. I'd be fine with him at either 3B or SS and I wouldn't mind moving DeJong to third if need be. Kolten Wong has started to win me over at second base. Ideally I'd like to get a power hitting first baseman and use Matt Carpenter as a super utility player at first, second, and third base and DH during interleague play but the first base free agent market is pretty weak. I like Jedd Gyorko- he can play second and third and he hits home runs.

I'm starting to hear that the Cardinals are going to make a run at Bryce Harper. They'll have to salary dump Dexter Fowler to make that happen. Bader is the CF and Ozuna is the LF. I like Tyler O'Neill's potential. I think they are going to try to trade Jose Martinez and I could se him going down next year after a career year.

Hopefully with Matheny gone they will now be able to attract some legit free agents. The Cardinals have the money to do it and could make a splash this offseason. We'll see how it goes down.

Fader21
10-01-2018, 07:10 AM
Go Cubs Go!!

lefty96
10-01-2018, 07:26 AM
Go Cubs Go!!

#EverybodyIn

Hopefully won't get fired yelling @ Quintana at work today. . .

msstate7
10-01-2018, 07:29 AM
Rather y'all get Bryce than the Phillies or nats. Still say dodgers or Yankees