PDA

View Full Version : Willie Fritz

BayouDawg
09-30-2018, 11:26 PM
I watched the Tulane game Friday night and we would be bad ass in that scheme. I?m not saying we should have hired him but maybe if the JOMO experiment crashes and burns he could be an option. If he has Tulane competing for the American next year I wouldn?t be against hiring him.

Dawg61
09-30-2018, 11:38 PM
Not a terrible suggestion. I give it a 6.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 11:57 PM
I watch some Tulane football and my impression of Fritz is he is VERY conservative in general.

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2018, 07:54 AM
Willie Fritz at Tulane
4-8
5-7
2-3

No.

Rick Danko
10-01-2018, 07:58 AM
It is unbelievable the things that get typed on a message board....

BeardoMSU
10-01-2018, 07:58 AM
Willie Fritz at Tulane
4-8
5-7
2-3

No.

But that's at Tulane! Imagine what he could do at MSU, bro!*

Yikes, fellas.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/0f427a11ad06d608b74d09c9e7aeb680/tenor.gif?itemid=9975164

BeardoMSU
10-01-2018, 08:00 AM

I can only hope people use message boards to vent out their dumbassery, so they don't have to in their actual lives...

msstate7
10-01-2018, 08:16 AM
Willie Fritz at Tulane
4-8
5-7
2-3

No.

This season they lost a last second game to a P5 opponent (wake), at ohio st, and a close road game at uab. They've beat Memphis, handily. They've played a tough schedule. If they beat cinci this week, they may finish 8-4/9-3

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 08:21 AM
I can only hope people use message boards to vent out their dumbassery, so they don't have to in their actual lives...

The guy I was sitting by Saturday must not post on message boards. He was dropping the F word and GD. I don't get offended by those words. After all I was in the Marine Corp but I did take offense him saying it around kids and women. I finally looked at him and said if he didn't cut it out I was going to let security know. He got up and walk out. Never came back. I was nice about and usually I am a smart ass.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-01-2018, 08:32 AM
This season they lost a last second game to a P5 opponent (wake), at ohio st, and a close road game at uab. They've beat Memphis, handily. They've played a tough schedule. If they beat cinci this week, they may finish 8-4/9-3

lol so 2 absolute crap years are offset by 1 year that we consider average? That's all the resume we need? Why wouldn't we get Bill Clark who's had a more impressive rebuild, or Neil Brown who's on his way to his 3rd straight 10 win season? There's 20 G5 coaches with more than 1 decent year on their resume

I know we all want a new coach, and are seing potential everywhere, but the reality is the VAST majority of coaches would suck here and we have to be very careful

msstate7
10-01-2018, 08:37 AM
lol so 2 absolute crap years are offset by 1 year that we consider average? That's all the resume we need? Why wouldn't we get Bill Clark who's had a more impressive rebuild, or Neil Brown who's on his way to his 3rd straight 10 win season? There's 20 G5 coaches with more than 1 decent year on their resume

I know we all want a new coach, and are seing potential everywhere, but the reality is the VAST majority of coaches would suck here and we have to be very careful

Did I say hire fritz? Just saying that 2-3 record is somewhat deceiving. Sheesh

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2018, 08:56 AM

Fritz is not a bad coach - he was OK at Georgia Southern. I just don't think he has done anything to distinguish himself from any other G5 coach.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-01-2018, 09:05 AM

I know.... I come here to get a good laugh especially after a loss. It is amazing to me how quickly our "so called fans" will jump off the wagon during adversity.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2018, 09:11 AM
WTH is up with this sudden love of Tulane? They're freaking awful. That whole league minus one team is terrible this year. Some of you need to admit the only thing you know about football is what you watch on ESPN.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-01-2018, 10:09 AM

You're defending his record in a post all about how we should hire Fritz. You've never said you don't want him. It sure looks like you're implying he'd be a decent hire for us. Apologies if I jumped the gun though and made assumptions, you and I often agree on things just not in this particular Moorhead situation

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 10:14 AM
You're defending his record in a post all about how we should hire Fritz. You've never said you don't want him. It sure looks like you're implying he'd be a decent hire for us. Apologies if I jumped the gun though and made assumptions, you and I often agree on things just not in this particular Moorhead situation

No it's typical. Foambat should still be our shortstop. Better than Gridley ever was.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 10:19 AM
No it's typical. Foambat should still be our shortstop. Better than Gridley ever was.

And Moorhead > country club, right? I remember someone here telling how great our wr play would be once the great getsy took over. Now he has nothing to work with. Keep moving the goal posts. Still expect us to land dean? Ha

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 10:25 AM
And Moorhead > country club, right? I remember someone here telling how great our wr play would be once the great getsy took over. Now he has nothing to work with. Keep moving the goal posts. Still expect us to land dean? Ha

I'm ok with that. I'm gonna sit by myself with giving Moorhead more time to get his shit in place. I dgaf if we go 3-9 i still damn happy the country club is in Florida. I expected that there would be more than sun belt talent that the great country club left at wr and I was wrong. I'm gonna stay with the fact at Getsy has a pedigree and is probably a good coach. I'll be very happy to sit on the opposite side of things than you and feel good about it.

I'm not saying Moorhead is the next Saban but Im not saying he's Sylvester ray yet either.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 10:28 AM
I'm ok with that. I'm gonna sit by myself with giving Moorhead more time to get his shit in place. I dgaf if we go 3-9 i still damn happy the country club is in Florida. I expected that there would be more than sun belt talent that the great country club left at wr and I was wrong. I'm gonna stay with the fact at Getsy has a pedigree and is probably a good coach. I'll be very happy to sit on the opposite side of things than you and feel good about it.

I'm not saying Moorhead is the next Saban but Im not saying he's Sylvester ray yet either.

We have no choice but to give Moorhead more time, but he has royally fricked up what was a 10-win team

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 10:29 AM
ill Be happy to dig in on this with you...just like Gridley-Foambat I'll take my chances.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2018, 10:32 AM

I don't think the country club are more talented than this staff but they do have a ton of continuity.

The country club is able to produce be a slightly above average product over and over because they are all on the same page.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 10:33 AM
ill Be happy to dig in on this with you...just like Gridley-Foambat I'll take my chances.

Really hope you're right

bluelightstar
10-01-2018, 10:34 AM

The country club just punked Moorhead in front of 60,000+ cowbells...

msstate7
10-01-2018, 10:39 AM
I don't think the country club are more talented than this staff but they do have a ton of continuity.

The country club is able to produce be a slightly above average product over and over because they are all on the same page.

Moorhead has done nothing to justify being in the same sentence with Mullen yet. Mullen won a natty as an OC; Moorhead didn't. Mullen is winning with a worse team than Moorhead this season. In fact, for all the fitz doesn't fit Moorhead offense, neither does franks fit Mullen's. Mullen adjusted; Moorhead hasn't so far.