PDA

View Full Version : The truth about Fitz

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 09:32 PM
The reason Fitz is not who he was, and the reason the offense is not what it was, is totally on the staff.

Here's why: 1. Our QB and OL look like they have no idea what they are doing. Look at Fitz before the snap. He looks like he his having to do trigonometry and not playing football. He has lost all confidence in himself and his guys. Our OL are being taught a totally new way of blocking (The big 10 way I guess) and we dont even do inside run during practice. At no point during practice do our 1's see each other. Every thing we do is totally against our scout team.

2. Moorhead is trying to outsmart everyone and fit a square into a round hole. This has been beat en like a dead horse. And Fitz and the OL are the primary ones who suffer. The WRs werent going to be great anyway so bitching about them wont fix it. How to build confidence back with Fitz and the WR's?? Simplify what your're doing, if you dont have the guys to make it work, dont try it. Throw quick game and run jet sweeps. Use motion (I have seen it seldom if any at all) to manipulate the D and keep them from pinning their ears back.

3. Stop bitching and moaning about what we dont have and use what we do have and win some damn games. We are not. Moorhead looks lost as a baby puppy and totally in over his head. He didnt change anything after getting punked a week ago and turned around and lost the biggest game to our ex. He is making us look like we owe everything to a guy who didnt wanna be here and used us.

Right now a lot of you are trying to find a way to get 6 wins. If you had known that before the year started you would have wanted Moorhead gone. Dont move the goalposts now. 6-6 isnt acceptable. 13 points in 8 quarters is not acceptable. 3 rushing attempts and 53 TOTAL YARDS IN A HALF is not acceptable.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 09:35 PM
And I've seen some threads about a new ''RPO blocking scheme"" this isnt the NFL there is no RPO blocking scheme. Only difference in it is the backside tackle will base out on the DE if Fitz is gonna throw it to keep the guy off of him, when running regular zone you leave the BS defender unblocked. Its zone blocking but we are using it with little to no double teams and combo blocks and it is killing us. Those 5 OL are the 2nd or 3rd biggest OL in the country. Lean on people and make them quit. Idc if you have Randy Moss at WR, with this OL and these backs you run the football.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Nothing to argue with there, Bucky. Everyone on our offense looks tentative, unsure. I think you hit nail on head. They're to busy thinking about what they're supposed to do instead of just playing. I relate it to baseball when I have a hitter struggling and you can see he's thinking to much I tell him just go up there and see ball hit ball. Simplify.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 09:43 PM
Any chance we're getting close to a light bulb going off?

Commercecomet24
09-30-2018, 09:51 PM

Did you mean going on? I think it's off right now lol.

I sure hope so!

bluelightstar
09-30-2018, 10:02 PM
200 yards per game in SEC play. In this era of football, you almost have to try to be that bad on offense.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 10:03 PM

I know this, those 5 up front are as talented as any we've had. Probably more talented than the 14 group

Commercecomet24
09-30-2018, 10:04 PM
I know this, those 5 up front are as talented as any we've had. Probably more talented than the 14 group

This. They're maulers who aren't being allowed to maul.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 10:11 PM

Actually the 10 group was probably close to even at least with 14 group. People forget that 2 NFL players, a LT (Sherrod) and a LG (Jackson who is still playing) were on that line.

Maridian Dawg
09-30-2018, 10:12 PM
The reason Fitz is not who he was, and the reason the offense is not what it was, is totally on the staff.

Here's why: 1. Our QB and OL look like they have no idea what they are doing. Look at Fitz before the snap. He looks like he his having to do trigonometry and not playing football. He has lost all confidence in himself and his guys. Our OL are being taught a totally new way of blocking (The big 10 way I guess) and we dont even do inside run during practice. At no point during practice do our 1's see each other. Every thing we do is totally against our scout team.

Another thing I noticed (and its probably already been said) is that Fitz couldn't make a decision to save his life. Every 17ing play he goes through a cadence, walks up to the line and stares at the sideline until there's about 9 seconds left on the play clock. He then realizes "oh shit" and hurries the snap. Every. 17in. play. These series of events give the defense about 20 seconds of rest and the option to audible, which happens 85% of the time. Then, he doesn't know when to just take off and run. He needs to set a mental clock in his head and count to 3 and if no one's open, run it. Dak knew when to get out and run. Fitz is a lost dog out there and its way too obvious. Moorhead needs to get his crap together and call a play and stick with it. I swear Croom is on that sideline...

TUSK
09-30-2018, 10:17 PM
At no point during practice do our 1's see each other. Every thing we do is totally against our scout team.

That really stood out to me, Bucky. That ain't gonna work, man (IMO)

CJDAWG85
09-30-2018, 10:57 PM
What’s up with Whop? Is he redshirting?

coachnorm
09-30-2018, 11:54 PM
Another thing I noticed (and its probably already been said) is that Fitz couldn't make a decision to save his life. Every 17ing play he goes through a cadence, walks up to the line and stares at the sideline until there's about 9 seconds left on the play clock. He then realizes "oh shit" and hurries the snap. Every. 17in. play. These series of events give the defense about 20 seconds of rest and the option to audible, which happens 85% of the time. Then, he doesn't know when to just take off and run. He needs to set a mental clock in his head and count to 3 and if no one's open, run it. Dak knew when to get out and run. Fitz is a lost dog out there and its way too obvious. Moorhead needs to get his crap together and call a play and stick with it. I swear Croom is on that sideline...

Believe it or not, if the offense consistently snaps the ball with about or less than 2 or 3 seconds, the defense will take notice. A linebacker will notify the D linemen thru code of the eminent snap and the defense will time their charge which puts the blocking scheme at risk. I remember watching a Stanford vs USC game and that happened. Lane Kiffin with his huge play sheat, known as his Dennys Menue, would take so much time getting the plays in that USC was blocking defenders with a running start. Last week I was on the sideline at a JUCO game and noticed the backers looking at the play clock and talking to linemen, I guess some salty dogs may have been using this trick to gain an advantage? Just thought I'd share an observation with fellow Elite Doggers.

MarketingBully
10-01-2018, 05:57 AM
Could Fitz also be sucking because I don’t know he A) didn’t go through spring practice which imo was huge and B) he wasn’t able to even practice until August. That to me could explain a hell of a lot. The most important piece in this offense is the QB. They also are in charge of changing protections as well based on what they are seeing. People saying this isn’t Fitz should consider those points I mention above.

KentuckyDawg13
10-01-2018, 06:18 AM
Most of this is on the OL. Didn't realize they do not go against the DL one's in practice..? On Scout team?
UK exploited their slow/passive nature, every team we play since is going to do more so.

Dawgfan77
10-01-2018, 06:22 AM

2. Moorhead is trying to outsmart everyone and fit a square into a round hole. This has been beat en like a dead horse. And Fitz and the OL are the primary ones who suffer. The WRs werent going to be great anyway so bitching about them wont fix it. How to build confidence back with Fitz and the WR's?? Simplify what your're doing, if you dont have the guys to make it work, dont try it. Throw quick game and run jet sweeps. Use motion (I have seen it seldom if any at all) to manipulate the D and keep them from pinning their ears back.

3. Stop bitching and moaning about what we dont have and use what we do have and win some damn games. We are not. Moorhead looks lost as a baby puppy and totally in over his head. He didnt change anything after getting punked a week ago and turned around and lost the biggest game to our ex. He is making us look like we owe everything to a guy who didnt wanna be here and used us.

Right now a lot of you are trying to find a way to get 6 wins. If you had known that before the year started you would have wanted Moorhead gone. Dont move the goalposts now. 6-6 isnt acceptable. 13 points in 8 quarters is not acceptable. 3 rushing attempts and 53 TOTAL YARDS IN A HALF is not acceptable.

You are correct on each point. The main thing is lack of adjustments to try and at least attempt to look competent.

Dawgfan77
10-01-2018, 06:25 AM
No. We are averaging 200 yds a game is SEC play and have scored 1 TD against middle pack SEC defenses.
We made a bad hire and joe compounded that by hiring an OL coach who really has no idea how to block this scheme

TNDawg35
10-01-2018, 07:43 AM
Fitz ain’t Fitz anymore. The Fitz before the egg bowl last yr WANTED a DB to get in his way and would truck them for fun... Now he just falls down or tries to slide when a defender is coming toward him. I’m telling yall, he isn’t the same. I’m not sure if it’s effecting his passing or what not, but he isn’t the same runner.

Now Kylin, on the other hand, shit that boy good... A lot of the time Fitz keeps it, he should have handed it to Kylin.

dawgday166
10-01-2018, 07:48 AM
Fitz ain’t Fitz anymore. The Fitz before the egg bowl last yr WANTED a DB to get in his way and would truck them for fun... Now he just falls down or tries to slide when a defender is coming toward him. I’m telling yall, he isn’t the same. I’m not sure if it’s effecting his passing or what not, but he isn’t the same runner.

Now Kylin, on the other hand, shit that boy good... A lot of the time Fitz keeps it, he should have handed it to Kylin.

Not yet as good as everyone thinks he is. Will he become so ... maybe. If he has a gaping hole then he can take it to the house maybe. If not, he goes down too easy.

Aeris needs far less of a hole, will find it when it's there, and get you 4 yds or more on almost every play. Plus he will block a LB or DLinemen even in pass pro. He'll put his nose in there and block them. He won't turn sideways and stick his shoulder out like a girl trying to block someone.

robert
10-01-2018, 08:19 AM
Believe it or not, if the offense consistently snaps the ball with about or less than 2 or 3 seconds, the defense will take notice. A linebacker will notify the D linemen thru code of the eminent snap and the defense will time their charge which puts the blocking scheme at risk. I remember watching a Stanford vs USC game and that happened. Lane Kiffin with his huge play sheat, known as his Dennys Menue, would take so much time getting the plays in that USC was blocking defenders with a running start. Last week I was on the sideline at a JUCO game and noticed the backers looking at the play clock and talking to linemen, I guess some salty dogs may have been using this trick to gain an advantage? Just thought I'd share an observation with fellow Elite Doggers.

This is a big problem and it can be corrected....if JoMo can't see this and do something about it after two losses, then we got a Croom/McCorey situation. Hardheaded "offensive genius"....17 returning starters, can't blame it all on learning a new scheme. One TD in 2 SEC games and we ain't even played a team from the West Div. yet.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 08:23 AM
This is a big problem and it can be corrected....if JoMo can't see this and do something about it after two losses, then we got a Croom/McCorey situation. Hardheaded "offensive genius"....17 returning starters, can't blame it all on learning a new scheme. One TD in 2 SEC games and we ain't even played a team from the West Div. yet.

We should go fast on auburn right out the gate. Might can steal a td

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 11:11 AM

That would require being prepared and knowing what to do. We are neither

DCdawg
10-01-2018, 11:34 AM
I'm in the minority, but I'm not sure this year is a bust and JoMo is a failure...yet. The guy didn't forget how to call plays and the defense is playing pretty well. I do think this offense requires a somewhat intelligent quarterback and I'm not sure Fitz is that guy. If Fitz is going to continue to start, the offense has to be simplified for both he and the OL. To begin with, we need to line up and pound the the ball on the ground like we are capable of.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 12:19 PM
And Fitz wasn't practicing and getting reps in the spring...

Dawgs87
10-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Not yet as good as everyone thinks he is. Will he become so ... maybe. If he has a gaping hole then he can take it to the house maybe. If not, he goes down too easy.

Aeris needs far less of a hole, will find it when it's there, and get you 4 yds or more on almost every play. Plus he will block a LB or DLinemen even in pass pro. He'll put his nose in there and block them. He won't turn sideways and stick his shoulder out like a girl trying to block someone.

Kylin is an out and out baller. We are 100% not taking advantage of him or his skillset. We did in the KState game and he showed out. I'm honestly not sure that we win if he gets 3 touches. We could easily be sitting at 2-3 without him. I know some are hung up with his blocking. Guess what? He can learn how to block, and on top of that we have a running QB. Not like he's protecting Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

You know what can't be taught? Talent.

maroonmania
10-01-2018, 08:08 PM

All I know is we were told that Moorhead's system was easier to learn than Mullen's system. That obviously was a load of crap. I certainly hope when JoMo took the team to the water park that wasn't in place of practice time because obviously we need more time working on this system if its ever going to work.

BulldogBear
10-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Most of this is on the OL. Didn't realize they do not go against the DL one's in practice..? On Scout team?
UK exploited their slow/passive nature, every team we play since is going to do more so.

We also have not practiced with actual contact once the season started. Maybe to minimize injuries? I'm no coach and still think that is BS. You play like you practice.

Why do we practice soft?

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 11:45 PM
And Fitz wasn't practicing and getting reps in the spring...

5 games into the season and all of pre season camp if he still doesnt know the offense you should change it

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2018, 11:46 PM
We also have not practiced with actual contact once the season started. Maybe to minimize injuries? I'm no coach and still think that is BS. You play like you practice.

Why do we practice soft?

Moorhead is trying to treat our program like the NFL. You cant do that. If you give kids an inch they will take a mile. It would take a team full of Dak's to be mentally tough and mature enough to handle no full pads practices and reps only vs scouts all week to be any good

MoreCowbell
10-02-2018, 01:35 AM
Fitz is not a cerebral QB. He is a battering ram. No offense to him, he is an awesome dude but he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Mullen left 1 year too early or 3 years too late. Our best roster ever has been waisted.

MoreCowbell
10-02-2018, 01:38 AM
Also, McSorley underrated. We saw him and thought Fitz could do that. McSorley will play on Sundays, book it.

louisvilledawg
10-02-2018, 11:16 AM

What the hell is a "td?"

TrapGame
10-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Fitz is not a cerebral QB. He is a battering ram. No offense to him, he is an awesome dude but he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Mullen left 1 year too early or 3 years too late. Our best roster ever has been waisted.

Also, McSorley underrated. We saw him and thought Fitz could do that. McSorley will play on Sundays, book it.

As I posted before Fitz would never have been recruited by Joe as a QB. TE all day long but not a QB in his system.

You give Fitz three plays to call at the line with the option to pull and run if the DE crashes inside and he'll kill it for four quarters.