PDA

View Full Version : Legit question......

DogsofAnarchy
09-30-2018, 09:25 PM
I have seen multiple people on here saying how we dont have WR’s. Ole Piss has maybe the best in CFB. They have lost by over 50 points and by about 30 last night. Why can’t we see that it’s not the players? It’s the coaching. I absolutely know we need better WR’s. But This scheme is SO bad.

DownwardDawg
09-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Pretty clear to me too it’s coaching.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 09:29 PM
I have seen multiple people on here saying how we dont have WR’s. Ole Piss has maybe the best in CFB. They have lost by over 50 points and by about 30 last night. Why can’t we see that it’s not the players? It’s the coaching. I absolutely know we need better WR’s. But This scheme is SO bad.

Bama has best receivers and it ain't close.

TUSK
09-30-2018, 09:31 PM

They pretty damn skrong... I wouldn't trade our 5 for OM's or anyone else's for that matter...

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 09:31 PM
The truth is it's some of both. Just having better WR's would help- but there is more to it and we need more than just WR's. Ole Miss is the same but different- they have WR's but are lacking at other position groups.

For us to be truly special we have to be reasonably solid at all position groups like we are on defense right now. We have major issues at QB, WR, and OL. Joe can fix it IF he gets some players this offseason that fit his system and shores up those position groups.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 09:32 PM

Not so sure... Oklahoma and Ohio st have some serious talent out wide

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 09:32 PM
They pretty damn skrong... I wouldn't trade our 5 for OM's or anyone else's for that matter...

Can we have one for some MSU cheese?

TUSK
09-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Not so sure... Oklahoma and Ohio st have some serious talent out wide

UWV, too....

msstate7
09-30-2018, 09:36 PM
UWV, too....

Another good one

Fader21
Just because you have a great grouping doesn't translate to wins. In order to be a near perfect to perfect team you have to be good all the way around. I'm sorry but it is about Jimmys and Joes over Xs and Os.

TUSK
Can we have one for some MSU cheese?

I'll loan you this guy, for 2 years, for his weight in MSU Cheese (he's legit):

https://247sports.com/player/tyrell-shavers-84668/

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 09:38 PM

I try hard to call it square .. even if I don't like it. I tell you all the time when that shade of crimson on your glasses is way too strong. Even if criticizing your DG (dark god) ****

TUSK
09-30-2018, 09:44 PM
I try hard to call it square .. even if I don't like it. I tell you all the time when that shade of crimson on your glasses is way too strong. Even if criticizing your DG (dark god) ****

I know you do... You're a pragmatic cat...

and, it's "Dark Lord"...

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 09:46 PM
I know you do... You're a pragmatic cat...

and, it's "Dark Lord"...

Really? Seems a there's a just a smidgen more reverence that just "Lord" ****

Token Bammer
09-30-2018, 09:50 PM

Just don't get TUSK breaking down QBs. He'll be breaking down the inline spec on the rotary girder as it pertains to ball penetration/placement to a wide receiver running a skinny post through a 10 mph headwind.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 09:55 PM
Just don't get TUSK breaking down QBs. He'll be breaking down the inline spec on the rotary girder as it pertains to ball penetration/placement to wide receiver running a skinny post through a 10 mph headwind.

Tua got him into QB mechanics, ball trajectories, and sech now? Weed/meth business must not be keeping him busy enough so he needs a new hobby. Do he plan on applying for Bama QB coaching position when weed/meth business is slumping?

Or .. and this makes more sense ... he wants to be sure all the analytics point to Tua being greatest QB in history of mankind?

TUSK
09-30-2018, 09:59 PM
Tua got him into QB mechanics, ball trajectories, and sech now? Weed/meth business must not be keeping him busy enough so he needs a new hobby. Do he plan on applying for Bama QB coaching position when weed/meth business is slumping?

Or .. and this makes more sense ... he wants to be sure all the analytics point to Tua being greatest QB in history of mankind?

Dude's physical endurance is shit... can't even play a whole game...*

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 10:00 PM
Dude's physical endurance is shit... can't even play a whole game...*

Yea ... I noticed that. Y'all lose 3 games cause of it too **

TUSK
09-30-2018, 10:05 PM
Yea ... I noticed that. Y'all lose 3 games cause of it too **

On a serious note, I believe he's actually playing his way out of a potential Heisman... I think his "totals" numbers are gonna be low to win...

Token Bammer
09-30-2018, 10:43 PM
On a serious note, I believe he's actually playing his way out of a potential Heisman... I think his "totals" numbers are gonna be low to win...

Not bad for a squatty, noodle arm, pineapple pusher.

https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/odds-win-heisman-trophy

Pit Bull
10-01-2018, 02:48 AM

Ole Miss does have the best receivers and possibly the nation's worst defense. You have to have a balance of both to be decent. They dont. The Sharks have several WRs starting in the NFL right now.....from just a few years removed at Oxford. How many WRs do we have starting in the NFL? I expect AJ Brown, Demarkus Lodge, and DK Metcalf to be drafted in rounds 1-3.

TUSK
10-01-2018, 03:18 AM
Ole Miss does have the best receivers and possibly the nation's worst defense. You have to have a balance of both to be decent. They dont. The Sharks have several WRs starting in the NFL right now.....from just a few years removed at Oxford. How many WRs do we have starting in the NFL? I expect AJ Brown, Demarkus Lodge, and DK Metcalf to be drafted in rounds 1-3.

I'm not an NFL talent scout, but I feel pretty confident that OM is gonna have a hard time matching this:
J. Jones
A. Cooper
OJ Howard
C. Ridley
H. Ruggs
A. Stewart
J. Jeudy
D. White
D. Smith
T. Shavers
I. Smith
K. Norwood
ET. All

Token Bammer
10-01-2018, 09:20 AM
I'm not an NFL talent scout, but I feel pretty confident that OM is gonna have a hard time matching this:
J. Jones
A. Cooper
OJ Howard
C. Ridley
H. Ruggs
A. Stewart
J. Jeudy
D. White
D. Smith
T. Shavers
I. Smith
K. Norwood
ET. All

You forgot the two who went undrafted last year but are playing in the NFL as well- Cam Sims and Robert Foster. They went undrafted because Jalen couldn't throw them the ball, but they are clearly talented or wouldn't be in the league.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Go to hell Ole Miss!

Political Hack
10-01-2018, 09:26 AM
JoMo didn't drop a bullet at the goal line or a huge 3rd down conversion to start the game.

JoMo also didn't leave his assignment on the 897th WR screen they ran to let the TE get wide ass open in the end zone.

Those 2 plays were the difference. Players made those mistakes.

That said, it was JoMo's fault that it was even close. Poor play calling (maybe we should try the QB draw again), a lack of physicality, not running enough plays, and wrong guys getting touches all led to the game being closer than what it should have been.

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2018, 09:36 AM
JoMo didn't drop a bullet at the goal line or a huge 3rd down conversion to start the game.

JoMo also didn't leave his assignment on the 897th WR screen they ran to let the TE get wide ass open in the end zone.

Those 2 plays were the difference. Players made those mistakes.

That said, it was JoMo's fault that it was even close. Poor play calling (maybe we should try the QB draw again), a lack of physicality, not running enough plays, and wrong guys getting touches all led to the game being closer than what it should have been.

He also wasn't the WR who stood looking at the sideline until 5 seconds after the snap, missing his blocking assignment, leading to a running play getting blown up.

https://twitter.com/Brett_Hudson/status/1046497296031133696

msstate7
10-01-2018, 09:42 AM
That's awful, and really not that surprising since we stare at the sideline for half of our TOP

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 09:58 AM
We have sun belt WRs....they can't get any separation from sec corners. That's a problem And is gonna take another recruiting cycle or 2 to fix. Moorhead inherited nothing at the WR spot.

msstate7
10-01-2018, 10:04 AM
We have sun belt WRs....they can't get any separation from sec corners. That's a problem And is gonna take another recruiting cycle or 2 to fix. Moorhead inherited nothing at the WR spot.

Let the excuses begin... how bout don't throw it so much then?

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 10:08 AM

I saw a few times one open down field but was not thrown to. Now OM dropped a few that should have been caught and one of them would have been a possible TD. That has to get into Fitz head.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Let the excuses begin... how bout don't throw it so much then?

Excuses? Did you watch the game? The few times they did get open they can't catch the damn ball. Probably shocked they were open.

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Look at that play more closely and you see a microcosm of our OL play

TE at top - runs right by DE allowing backside pursuit (this may be intentional, as he then runs a short cross route)
LT - pancakes his guy
LG & C - Double team NG
RG - falls down and misses block
RT - whiffs the DE (that RG falls down and misses block on), runs by LB 1 (who is in the running lane) to pick up LB 2 who is no where near the play and then whiffs on him
WR - Stands there with tumb inserted in ass not realizing the ball was snapped and fails to pick up outside block on CB

LB 1 then cuts off pitch to Kylin, forcing Fitz back inside where he has DE & CB closing the hole and Fitz slides to avoid contact from 5 unblocked defenders on a 2 yard gain that should have been 6-10 if blocked correctly.

And this was during our "successful" drive.....