PDA

View Full Version : What up set me the most last night....

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 08:46 PM
No plane representing the Marine Corp in the fly over. Hasn't been on all season. The Marine corp is the only branch has has planes, tanks and infantry. No other branch does and plus the Marine Corp was the first branch of service created. Formed November 10th 1775 and has been kicking ass ever since. Fix it Cohen!

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 08:59 PM
I did not realize that the Marines had their own equipment. I thought they were part of the Navy and used their equipment?

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 09:14 PM
I did not realize that the Marines had their own equipment. I thought they were part of the Navy and used their equipment?

The Marine Corp was made it's own branch. Has it own budget. The Department of the NAVY was renamed to The Department of the NAVY and Marine Corp. In fact the Navy ships that hauls us around are paid for out of the Marine Corp Budget.

viverlibre
09-30-2018, 09:17 PM
The USMC pilot probably got distracted thinking about eating crayons.

TUSK
09-30-2018, 09:19 PM

Dude....

https://cdn5.vectorstock.com/i/thumb-large/03/04/pissed-off-emoticon-vector-19330304.jpg

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 09:24 PM
The USMC pilot probably got distracted thinking about eating crayons.

Or maybe he was late because he was bagging your wife.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 09:25 PM
Dude....

https://cdn5.vectorstock.com/i/thumb-large/03/04/pissed-off-emoticon-vector-19330304.jpg

Forgive me. I was never in the Military.

At one time I wanted to fly jets for the Air Force and I could have done it academically as far as getting into the AFA. But my Mom told me that I was too tall and couldn't see well enough.

A few years later I was at an air show and one of the pilot jumped out of his Blue Angel. We were the exact same height and he pulled out his glasses. I told him the story and he told me I was the perfect size to be a pilot. Turns out my Mom didn't want me getting shot at and she lied to me.

TUSK
09-30-2018, 09:26 PM

Bahahahhhahhahhahhahha.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again.

TUSK
09-30-2018, 09:28 PM

At one time I wanted to fly jets for the Air Force and I could have done it academically as far as getting into the AFA. But my Mom told me that I was too tall and couldn't see well enough.

A few years later I was at an air show and one of the pilot jumped out of his Blue Angel. We were the exact same height and he pulled out his glasses. I told him the story and he told me I was the perfect size to be a pilot. Turns out my Mom didn't want me getting shot at and she lied to me.

I was just messin' buddy...

One of the long running Navy cracks on the Corps was "Ya know, the Marines are a department of the Navy?"

Marine: "yeah, the Men's Department."

Fader21
09-30-2018, 09:33 PM
No plane representing the Marine Corp in the fly over. Hasn't been on all season. The Marine corp is the only branch has has planes, tanks and infantry. No other branch does and plus the Marine Corp was the first branch of service created. Formed November 10th 1775 and has been kicking ass ever since. Fix it Cohen!

Your statement is false. The Army has planes, tanks and infantry.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2018, 09:33 PM
I was just messin' buddy...

One of the long running Navy cracks on the Corps was "Ya know, the Marines are a department of the Navy?"

Marine: "yeah, the Men's Department."

Nice! Rep given!

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 09:42 PM

What type of fix wing planes does the army have? They have to catch rides with the Air Force.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 09:43 PM

Don't let them mess with you Todd. The Navy always takes their ladies along when going on a cruise *****

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 09:49 PM
Don't let them mess with you Todd. The Navy always takes their ladies along when going on a cruise *****

No they don't Because I banged many ship out widows in my day.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 09:50 PM

Lol.

parabrave
09-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Well if we can't get a navy hand me down jet for a flyover we can get a jarine platoon too high diddle up the middle on Scott Field. Just like they did in WWI.

parabrave
09-30-2018, 09:52 PM
What type of fix wing planes does the army have? They have to catch rides with the Air Force.

We have or used to have Mohawks and other radio/signals intercept planes.

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 10:03 PM
Well if we can't get a navy hand me down jet for a flyover we can get a jarine platoon too high diddle up the middle on Scott Field. Just like they did in WWI.

Yeah another job the Marines had to finish for you.

Ain't Ready to be Marine Yet.

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 10:06 PM
We have or used to have Mohawks and other radio/signals intercept planes.

Yeah my 14 year old son has a radio controlled airplane. He is damn good with it.

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 10:10 PM
I do want to point out to everyone. Yes we who served and serving joke with each others branches. It's all in good fun. We do it all time at my family reunions where we have family members who served in every branch. Obviously we are doing it here and it is in good fun. But I want to point out If you did not serve you have not earned the right to joke about someone who did.

TUSK
09-30-2018, 10:10 PM

Knowing Jack, he prolly meant "Attack Fixed Wing Aircraft"... but that's just a guess.... dunno...

TUSK
09-30-2018, 10:11 PM

Dammit, a pincer movement!!!!

TUSK
09-30-2018, 10:14 PM

https://youtu.be/CnaVoTfkqa8

Dawgowar
09-30-2018, 10:16 PM

United States Army was formed June 14th of 1775. And as any decent MSU grad who took Dr. D. Clayton James’s Military History course can tell you, the U.S, Army completed more amphibious ops, took more Islands, and bagged more Women (had the VD rates to prove it) than the entire sheep ****ing Marine Corps.

A Marine fresh out of BC is taken to the hospital with multiple lacerations and puncture wounds to his face.
Doc says "He been in a fight?"
Mother sobbing says "He was trying to re-learn how to eat with a knife and fork"

Bothrops
10-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Can't we just get some mother loving jets as a flyover for a change??

PCHSDawg
10-01-2018, 01:32 AM
Marine Corp is still a part of the Dept. of the Navy. The only good marine is a submarine.

Pit Bull
10-01-2018, 01:48 AM

Dont know much about the Marine Corps, but I do know my dad left Miss. State in the early 40's right in the middle of his mechanical eng. education to go to WWII in Italy, France, and Germany. Was a bombardier on a B24 Flying Boxcar and survived 35 missions miraculously. Once he had to take over for the nose gunner who got shot up (his bomb sights set up right behind the nosegunner). His plane semi crash landed once, and when he got outside to take a look......there were .50 cal. bullet holes strafed all over the plane. He said he almost passed out to see that many holes.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Marine Corp is still a part of the Dept. of the Navy. The only good marine is a submarine.

The Marine corp is it's own branch and it is part of the Department of Navy and Marine Corp.

PCHSDawg
10-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Who is the secretary of the Marine Corps? Where is the Marine Corp service academy? Even the Coast Guard has a service academy.

PCHSDawg
10-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Seriously tho, as a submariner the only Marines we saw were guarding the pier nuclear weapon equipped subs were tied to. Everybody has a job to do, and for the most part they do it well.

Leroy Jenkins
10-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Its Corps BTW, with an "s"

PCHSDawg
10-01-2018, 08:38 PM
Got it right the first time I guess. Wasn't worried about jarheads proof reading my post.

Bodawg
10-01-2018, 10:32 PM
After WWII the Army Air Corp be came the Air Force and with that it was decided that the AF receive all the combat aircraft. All the Army has now is some surveillance planes and some Beachcraft and Cessnas to fly the brass around.

West Tn Dawg
10-01-2018, 10:54 PM
I always heard Marine stood for......

M y
A ss
R ides
I n
N avy
E quipment

parabrave
10-02-2018, 02:10 AM

M y
A ss
R ides
I n
N avy
E quipment

In WW2 the coast guard manned most of the landing craft

Pit Bull
10-02-2018, 05:09 AM
Yeah my 14 year old son has a radio controlled airplane. He is damn good with it.

Now you are scaring me.....with Ricin being so easy to make, hope he doesn't have any castor beans laying around and gets bored. Could fly that damn airplane over Davis Wade and dump some on us.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-02-2018, 07:28 AM

M y
A ss
R ides
I n
N avy
E quipment

I like this one better:

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential

Jack Lambert
10-02-2018, 08:09 AM
I like this one better:

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential

I came home on hardship duty and worked in the recruiters office. Everyone we could not take because of low ASVAB score we stent to the Army or Navy.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Now you are scaring me.....with Ricin being so easy to make, hope he doesn't have any castor beans laying around and gets bored. Could fly that damn airplane over Davis Wade and dump some on us.

You can rest easy his plane doesn't have that kind of range.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-02-2018, 08:20 AM
I came home on hardship duty and worked in the recruiters office. Everyone we could not take because of low ASVAB score we stent to the Army or Navy.

Considering you can't spell Corps correctly, I'm calling bullshit.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Who is the secretary of the Marine Corps? Where is the Marine Corp service academy? Even the Coast Guard has a service academy.

The Secretary is this guy. https://www.navy.mil/navydata/bios/navybio.asp?bioID=1001 and yes he was a Marine Helo Pilot.

I went to Marine Boot camp, not NAVY. If you want to be a Marine you have to go to Marine Boot camp. If you have previously served in the NAVY, Army or Air Force and you want to become a Marine you have to got to Marine boot camp. If a Marine wants to join another branch of the military they do not have to go back to boot camp. Also any military academy graduates who wants to be a Marine Officer has to go to Marine Corps Officer Candidate School.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Considering you can't spell Corps correctly, I'm calling bullshit.

Are you saying bullshit I did not serve or bull shit because I left a S off a word. Look at my post on other thread you will see I leave a lot of last letters off word especially the letter S. If the spell check don't catch it I will not either. Bad key board habits.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-02-2018, 08:27 AM
Are you saying bullshit I did not serve or bull shit because I left a S off a word. look at my post on other thread you will see I leave a lot of last letters off word. By key board habits.

That you sent ASVAB failures to another branch.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2018, 08:33 AM
That you sent ASVAB failures to another branch.

I figured that. I do not spell very well. Lucky for me the ASVAB was multiple choice.

West Tn Dawg
10-02-2018, 08:43 AM

M y
A ss
R ides
I n
N avy
E quipment

BTW - This was just in fun. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for all branches of our military.
Thanks to all of you for your service!

Jack Lambert
10-02-2018, 08:48 AM
BTW - This was just in fun. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for all branches of our military.
Thanks to all of you for your service!

We do ride in NAVY ships but the operational cost of those ships comes out of the Marine Budget. :)

viverlibre
10-02-2018, 08:11 PM

Impossible, I'm not married to a Salior!

Activated Alpha
10-02-2018, 08:33 PM
I heard that we had a marine flyover called in, but it was "checked with me" at the last second. Moorhead switched to something the defense wouldn't know

TUSK
10-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Jack, in my Series at PI, there was a cat that was a friggin E-5 or E-6 from the AF... I was thinkin' to myself, "WTF is this guy thinkin'???"

If you Graduated USMC Boot Camp and wanted to get into another branch later, they rolled out the red carpet....

parabrave
10-02-2018, 09:17 PM
Jack, in my Series at PI, there was a cat that was a friggin E-5 or E-6 from the AF... I was thinkin' to myself, "WTF is this guy thinkin'???"

If you Graduated USMC Boot Camp and wanted to get into another branch later, they rolled out the red carpet....

I know in the Army they will or used to take enlisted and NCOs from other services if there wasn't a long gap in service. If you were out more than 6 months or something to that effect then you had to go through basic but were put back on grade lower than your existing grade when you graduated. I had 2 E4s in my platoon who were e-5-s in the Marines.

TUSK
10-02-2018, 09:22 PM
I know in the Army they will or used to take enlisted and NCOs from other services if there wasn't a long gap in service. If you were out more than 6 months or something to that effect then you had to go through basic but were put back on grade lower than your existing grade when you graduated. I had 2 E4s in my platoon who were e-5-s in the Marines.

The Army said "Welcome", and bumped me up a Rate...

But I realize the major influence in how easy/hard it is to get in to any branch (ASVAB scores, etc) is based mostly on the numbers each branch needs...

parabrave
10-02-2018, 09:28 PM

But I realize the major influence in how easy/hard it is to get in to any branch (ASVAB scores, etc) is based mostly on the numbers each branch needs...

Isn't a rate a Navy thing?

TUSK
10-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Isn't a rate a Navy thing?

I dunno about the Army but in the Corps: "Rate is to E-5, what Rank is to SGT"....

Dig?

parabrave
10-02-2018, 09:34 PM
In the Army its Pay Grade. And since I would win in ID Card Poker start digging.

TUSK
10-02-2018, 09:38 PM
In the Army its Pay Grade. And since I would win in ID Card Poker start digging.

LOL.... That was awesome!

"Aye Suh!"

parabrave
10-02-2018, 09:41 PM
LOL.... That was awesome!

"Aye Suh!"

Started out as a grunt plt ldr in the 82nd Abn Div. I did my share of digging and jumping and humping 100lb rucks all up and down Bragg.

TUSK
10-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Started out as a grunt plt ldr in the 82nd Abn Div. I did my share of digging and jumping and humping 100lb rucks all up and down Bragg.

1833 Amphibious Assault
S-4 Logistics
0431 Embarkation in an Arty Unit (Paladins)
Rifle Marksmanship Coach
Poon Hound & Whiskey Swiller

Semper Fi, DogFace!

Jack Lambert
10-02-2018, 10:05 PM

In the Marine Corps they respect the NCO's. Once you make E-4 you do not dig anymore. You don't clean the head. You don't paint. You don't work in the Galley. You are the supervisor.

However when station at Ft Sills going to Scout Observer school that was not the case for the army guys. That might have only been that base and that might have change but that's the way it was when I was there.

One time while there a Corporal came into our classroom and told the Top that a Army Sargent was making a Corporal paint. All I have to say is that it was on like Donkey Kong and I mean the CG got involved. That did not happen again.

Two other things that happened there.

We just got back from a live fire. Got out of the five ton and started doing push ups. That was a black flag that day. Hell we didn't know what black flag was. While doing the push up a Humvee with red flag stop. A Brigadier Gen got out and asked with a loud voice who's in charge. Sargent Brison stood up and said me sir. The General saw we were Marines and said carry on.

Another story, the Marine barracks at Ft Sill is five miles from Geronimo grave. On Fridays we ran from our barracks to the grave. Dropped and did 100 push ups. Got up and ran back. When we got back the Army was doing aerobics. I guess that was okay. I don't believe they were ground troops.

Now that is the only time I served on Army base. So the other bases may have been different.

tireddawg
10-02-2018, 10:08 PM
For all you guys who have served
THANK YOU!

TUSK
10-02-2018, 10:17 PM
In the Marine Corps they respect the NCO's. Once you make E-4 you do not dig anymore. You don't clean the head. You don't paint. You don't work in the Galley. You are the supervisor.

However when station at Ft Sills going to Scout Observer school that was not the case for the army guys. That might have only been that base and that might have change but that's the way it was when I was there.

One time while there a Corporal came into our classroom and told the Top that a Army Sargent was making a Corporal paint. All I have to say is that it was on like Donkey Kong and I mean the CG got involved. That did not happen again.

We just got back from a live fire. Got out of the five ton and started doing push ups. That was a black flag that day. Hell we didn't know what black flag was. While doing the push up a Humvee with red flag stop. A Brigadier Gen got out and asked with a loud voice who's in charge. Sargent Brison stood up and said me sir. The General saw we were Marines and said carry on.

Another story, the Marine barracks at Ft Sill is five miles from Geronimo grave. On Fridays we ran from our barracks to the grave. Dropped and did 100 push ups. Got up and ran back. When we got back the Army was doing aerobics. I guess that was okay. I don't believe they were ground troops.

Now that is the only time I served on Army base. So the other bases may have been different.

Ft. Sill suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked !

We used their Arty range once...

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 10:24 PM

My uncle was in the Army and he told me if I went to go Air Force because they don't do shit. I had some friends that went into the Air Force to do something after flunking out of MSU. If both of those guys made it then Air Force was the easier branch.

Tbonewannabe
10-02-2018, 10:27 PM

My father in law was a CSM in the Army National Guard, one of 3 in MS National Guard at the time. I was told by a Lt Colonel later that was someone that everyone would respect.

TUSK
10-02-2018, 11:06 PM
My uncle was in the Army and he told me if I went to go Air Force because they don't do shit. I had some friends that went into the Air Force to do something after flunking out of MSU. If both of those guys made it then Air Force was the easier branch.

Civilians in uniform (save the propheads and snakeeaters/PJs)....

parabrave
10-03-2018, 12:36 AM
Every unit and branch was different. My 1st day with my BN I hadn't been assigned to my Plt yet we were out doing Artep 84, April. Was hanging around the TOC when the HHC CDR comes up to me and says lets go police the area before AA6 gets here. I said Sir don't we have privates to do this. I was politely told they are busy you are not. Always cleaned my weapon and dug my position unless I was trooping the line or in a meeting,

Jack Lambert
10-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Every unit and branch was different. My 1st day with my BN I hadn't been assigned to my Plt yet we were out doing Artep 84, April. Was hanging around the TOC when the HHC CDR comes up to me and says lets go police the area before AA6 gets here. I said Sir don't we have privates to do this. I was politely told they are busy you are not. Always cleaned my weapon and dug my position unless I was trooping the line or in a meeting,

All Marines are responsible for their own weapons and duties in the field but back at main side NCO's supervise Manuel labor.

parabrave
10-03-2018, 12:01 PM
All Marines are responsible for their own weapons and duties in the field but back at main side NCO's supervise Manuel labor.

Same in the army but If I had a meeting with the cdr or had to check on my add. duties my plt sgt would take my weapon and gave it to my RTO to clean. Stayed away from the troops during post support. Too busy doing other shit.

parabrave
10-03-2018, 12:48 PM
And to get this thread on Track (we can start an intraservice rivalry board on the BS Forum, I'm in) If they could get a flight of harriers to SLOWLY fly over the stadium we would have sixty thousand deaf fans peeing in their pants, dresses after that. People 3 thing that will make you lose your bodily functions. A F4 Phanton buzzing you in full afterburner, a Harrier hovering over you and an ARMY Aviator turning to you and saying Watch This Shit,