PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Our Offensive Line Have To Stay In Their Stance So Long?

yjnkdawg
09-30-2018, 03:52 PM
I think that is one big difference from last year. I know we are trying to be a RPO dictated offense, but once you make the check at the line, then why not snap the ball, before the defense can adjust to the check? We make a check, and then look back over at the sidelines back and forth, and maybe make another check until the play clock has almost expired. This puts more pressure on your offensive line, to hold their focus and stance for so long and I think actually allows the defense to adapt better. Maybe there is a little too much over thinking in our trying to read the defense, that causes some of our issues.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 03:53 PM
My question is why can't they pass block.

Bothrops
09-30-2018, 04:03 PM
My question why is it that they used to be able to pass block but unlearned it.

yjnkdawg
09-30-2018, 04:08 PM
My question why is it that they used to be able to pass block but unlearned it.

They came into this season rated as one of the best OL groups in the SEC, but that was based upon a run first offense, and not waiting to snap the ball right down to the play clock expiring, and all these checks. I agree they could pass block better last year. I don't know why that has regressed. Maybe this offense is more complicated than it seems.

smootness
09-30-2018, 04:12 PM
They came into this season rated as one of the best OL groups in the SEC, but that was based upon a run first offense, and not waiting to snap the ball right down to the play clock expiring, and all these checks. I agree they could pass block better last year. I don't know why that has regressed. Maybe this offense is more complicated than it seems.

Because our coaches aren't as good.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 04:16 PM

I don't think it's that. If it was they would be pass blocking the wrong people. Eiland is just getting his ass beat.

was21
09-30-2018, 04:51 PM
Because the coarching staff suck

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 05:04 PM
I don't think it's that. If it was they would be pass blocking the wrong people. Eiland is just getting his ass beat.

There's indecision with him at times ... not saying all the time but some of the time he's getting beat there seem's to be indecision there.

Coach34
09-30-2018, 05:12 PM
1. We stay in our stance all day because our head coach calls a play, then makes our guys wait until they get the go ahead from him or check to another play from him.

2. Our OL is worse because their legs are drained from staying in their stance too long and also because we don’t establish the run enough. We don’t do enough down hill running to make the DE’s have to focus on playing the run. They stay in pass rush mode and our OT’s aren’t good enough to handle that.

HoopsDawg
09-30-2018, 05:16 PM
1. We stay in our stance all day because our head coach calls a play, then makes our guys wait until they get the go ahead from him or check to another play from him.

2. Our OL is worse because their legs are drained from staying in their stance too long and also because we don’t establish the run enough. We don’t do enough down hill running to make the DE’s have to focus on playing the run. They stay in pass rush mode and our OT’s aren’t good enough to handle that.

No offence, but why can u see this and our multi million dollar staff can't? I can't believe we didn't make any adjustments after UK.

Dawgs87
09-30-2018, 06:08 PM
It's also because when they pass block, they need to block FOREVER. Like 7 or 8 seconds every time, which is asinine. That's putting them in a position to fail, and completely unsustainable over a 60 minute SEC game. So by the time the end of the 3rd Q rolls around they are gassed. Part of it is the extremely slow developing plays and part of it is Fitz holds onto the ball like he's waiting on the endzone paint to dry. That's just not sustainable when you're giving it to your RBs 20% of the plays.

C34 has two valid points. It's not so much what they CAN'T do. It's what the coaching staff is electing
NOT to do. It's a philosophical problem as much as anything.

Complicated by an extremely ineffective QB in either aspect of the offensive attack.