PDA

View Full Version : Going Forward: Moorhead Will Either Adapt or Get Fired

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Being a great coach isn't about having a great scheme. It's simply about putting your best players in positions to make plays.

We are currently featuring Osiris Mitchell in our offense. Think about that.

If Moorhead genuinely wants to turn this around: he needs to put pen to paper a draw up ways to get the ball out of Fitz's hand ASAP and into the hands of Kylin, Aeris, Guidry, Mixon, and Dear. Yes Malik Dear.

This garbage of trying a run 20 yard pass routes is dumb as 17.

Get the ball out quick to one of those 5 guys. Simple.

You either adapt or die in coaching. Your longevity and success as a coach is built significantly more on your ability to adapt to what you have, rather run a perfect system.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 11:22 AM
Not sold at all on Kylin. Can't gain tough yards and won't hit anyone in pass pro. Aeris is the MAN.

Guidry is lazy in blocking and drops passes. Mitchell catches most passes and blocks. Mixon YES. D. Thomas needs to be added here too. And need to get ball to TEs some more. Austin Williams isn't doing squat either ... getting separation, catching, or blocking.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 11:30 AM
One of the best indicators of a coaches' ability is halftime adjustments. We've gained 53 and 48 yards the last 2 weeks in the 2nd half and haven't scored. Yardage may be a little off.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 11:31 AM
One of the best indicators of a coaches' ability is halftime adjustments. We've gained 53 and 48 yards the last 2 weeks in the 2nd half and haven't scored. Yardage may be a little off.

Yup. Stubborn coaches get fired.

If I hear the word "execution" in his press conference this week, I'm gonna throw up.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 12:07 PM
I'm curious, now that this game is over, if Cohen will give Mullen a call today to ask him what he thought and where our issues are?

msstate7
09-30-2018, 12:09 PM
I'm curious, now that this game is over, if Cohen will give Mullen a call today to ask him what he thought and where our issues are?

I hope not. That's embarrassing

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Great quote from Tony Romo today

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1046445853219663872?s=21

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 12:11 PM
I hope not. That's embarrassing

I could give 2 shits about ego and what's embarrassing right now.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 12:22 PM
Being a great coach isn't about having a great scheme. It's simply about putting your best players in positions to make plays.

We are currently featuring Osiris Mitchell in our offense. Think about that.

If Moorhead genuinely wants to turn this around: he needs to put pen to paper a draw up ways to get the ball out of Fitz's hand ASAP and into the hands of Kylin, Aeris, Guidry, Mixon, and Dear. Yes Malik Dear.

This garbage of trying a run 20 yard pass routes is dumb as 17.

Get the ball out quick to one of those 5 guys. Simple.

You either adapt or die in coaching. Your longevity and success as a coach is built significantly more on your ability to adapt to what you have, rather run a perfect system.

He is going to be fired. He doesnt have it. The team doesnt look like they respect him

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 12:22 PM

He doesnt have a gut in his body if he does that

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 12:31 PM
He is going to be fired. He doesnt have it. The team doesnt look like they respect him

Yeah. Maybe.

Just not sure who Cohen should've hired

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 12:43 PM
Yeah. Maybe.

Just not sure who Cohen should've hired

Well, if the rumor that Todd Grantham wanted the job is true that's a little troubling to me. He's a fiery coach with an aggressive philosophy on defense that has twenty years of coaching on the D1 level as well as NFL experience. That trumps 5 years at Fordham, imo.

But...I think we've found something out about our AD. He wants to be the only Intense Bastard in the room. Hence, the fiasco surrounding the baseball hire.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 12:53 PM
Well, if the rumor that Todd Grantham wanted the job is true that's a little troubling to me. He's a fiery coach with an aggressive philosophy on defense that has twenty years of coaching on the D1 level as well as NFL experience. That trumps 5 years at Fordham, imo.

But...I think we've found something out about our AD. He wants to be the only Intense Bastard in the room. Hence, the fiasco surrounding the baseball hire.

I think saying that Cohen SHOULD'VE hired Grantham as head coach is playing "know it all" and being extremely biased by current circumstances. Moorhead is way more accomplished.

That being said, now that we know reality, it's an interesting coversation about whether or not a Grantham/Knox as OC staff would've been better.

FWIW, Muschamp sucks as a head coach and Grantham is of similar background.

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 01:11 PM
I think saying that Cohen SHOULD'VE hired Grantham as head coach is playing "know it all" and being extremely biased by current circumstances. Moorhead is way more accomplished.

That being said, now that we know reality, it's an interesting coversation about whether or not a Grantham/Knox as OC staff would've been better.

Sure, but I'm leaning toward the Only One Theory. There can only be one Intense Bastard. And that's Cohen.

Moorhead is not an intense bastard.

Sacrifice
09-30-2018, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure Moorehead can adapt. He's not Mullen when it comes to producing big plays through the running game and we don't have a QB on the roster that can pick a D apart with his arm.

All I heard was how he was a 2nd half adjustment guy and I'm seeing the polar opposite. If something doesn't change we're looking at a 5 win season!

DownwardDawg
09-30-2018, 01:16 PM
He will fired just like Croom. Hopefully it won’t take nearly as long. Nice guys suck at coaching in the SEC. Time for Kiffin or some other douche bag.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 01:27 PM

I dont think Moorhead is more accomplished than Grantham

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 01:34 PM
I dont think Moorhead is more accomplished than Grantham

Disagree.

Grantham is more accomplished as an assistant but Moorhead's successful stint as a head coach is a huge difference

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 01:38 PM
Disagree.

Grantham is more accomplished as an assistant but Moorhead's successful stint as a head coach is a huge difference

Fair enough. I still dont know if its a huge difference maker. What he did up there aint working down here. Grantham knows what will work down here. Could have brought in somebody to run the offense.

Dawg61
09-30-2018, 01:40 PM
He will fired just like Croom. Hopefully it won’t take nearly as long. Nice guys suck at coaching in the SEC. Time for Kiffin or some other douche bag.

Art Briles qualifies as a douchebag. He's currently head coaching in the Italian NFL. He'd probably ditch that for our job. If you're gonna go scumbag go all in.

Hambone
09-30-2018, 01:42 PM
Mitchell catches most passes? Uhm no

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 01:42 PM
Art Briles qualifies as a douchebag. He's currently head coaching in the Italian NFL. He'd probably ditch that for our job. If you're gonna go scumbag go all in.

Oh boy. Maybe Kendall Briles instead?

smootness
09-30-2018, 01:43 PM
Thread title should be changed to 'Going Forward: Moorhead Will Get Fired'

DownwardDawg
09-30-2018, 01:43 PM

At this point, count me in!!!

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 01:44 PM
Fair enough. I still dont know if its a huge difference maker. What he did up there aint working down here. Grantham knows what will work down here. Could have brought in somebody to run the offense.

Sure, could've said the same about Collins.

Instead of just complaining in these situations, I do my best to put myself in Cohen or the decision maker's shoes and try to see it from their perspective

Dawg61
09-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Oh boy. Maybe Kendall Briles instead?

Hire them both with Kendall as HC in waiting for when his daddy wants to retire. Those boys score a shitload of points. We'd have a top ten national offense every year for two decades straight.