PDA

View Full Version : It all starts up front. The O-Line isn't close to SEC-level

MaroonFlounder
09-30-2018, 10:48 AM
I said before the season that the O-Line was going to be a liability at some point, and was summarily blasted for it, because Eiland seemed to do pretty well in Rankin's absence.

Hev was crucified here for his lackluster recruiting and his overbearing shit toward his position group, but he would probably have these guys playing better if he was still here, and that bastard was probably loving watching our guys struggle. Dan as well.

I wasn't on board with having a Landshart alum coaching our O-Line, and even more so now.

Saltydog
09-30-2018, 10:50 AM
a combination of the two.

WinningIsRelentless
09-30-2018, 10:54 AM
a combination of the two.

Scheme. You have ol that a made for bulldozing and now you are asking them to do final grading.

parabrave
09-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Remember that these guys were recruited and trained to power block for a run first offense and they did a pretty good job last year. So that means either they all of a sudden forgot how to block, bad scheming or are getting crapping coaching. Face it most of the time they look lost and don't know who to block or what to do. This goes back to the KState game when their dline was blowing up our interior and getting to Fitz. Dammit Moorhead simplify your frigging scheme with this group until you get your personnel in their otherwise you will be back in the Bronx.

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Remember that these guys were recruited and trained to power block for a run first offense and they did a pretty good job last year. So that means either they all of a sudden forgot how to block, bad scheming or are getting crapping coaching. Face it most of the time they look lost and don't know who to block or what to do. This goes back to the KState game when their dline was blowing up our interior and getting to Fitz. Dammit Moorhead simplify your frigging scheme with this group until you get your personnel in their otherwise you will be back in the Bronx.

This.

If he's too stubborn to make these kinds of adjustments then he's not the right coach.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 11:14 AM
I said before the season that the O-Line was going to be a liability at some point, and was summarily blasted for it, because Eiland seemed to do pretty well in Rankin's absence.

Hev was crucified here for his lackluster recruiting and his overbearing shit toward his position group, but he would probably have these guys playing better if he was still here, and that bastard was probably loving watching our guys struggle. Dan as well.

I wasn't on board with having a Landshart alum coaching our O-Line, and even more so now.
It's pretty much the same group that was pretty good last year.

MaroonFlounder
09-30-2018, 11:52 AM
It's pretty much the same group that was pretty good last year.

Minus a guy that is starting for the Houston Texans.

MaroonFlounder
09-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Eiland has perfect size and frame for a blindside OT, but not the footwork or quickness to give Fitz any time.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 12:00 PM
The OL looks confused to me.

parabrave
09-30-2018, 12:01 PM

Who missed half of last season in which Eiland did a dam good job filling in for him,

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 12:04 PM

Its the same group as it was last year and they moved people all year long. Stop making excuses for what is obvious. We have regressed and its on all of them but the one thing that is different is the coaching staff.

Moorhead just doesnt have it. Shoop doesnt have it. Moorhead is a great guy and honestly I think he will be a good recruiter but until he commands respect he wont win. Nice guys finish last

MaroonFlounder
09-30-2018, 12:32 PM
Its the same group as it was last year and they moved people all year long. Stop making excuses for what is obvious. We have regressed and its on all of them but the one thing that is different is the coaching staff.

Moorhead just doesnt have it. Shoop doesnt have it. Moorhead is a great guy and honestly I think he will be a good recruiter but until he commands respect he wont win. Nice guys finish last

Is it Moorhead or Marcus Johnson that's the problem? Probably a combination of the 2.

I would have all the 300-pounders running the stadium steps, but that's just me.

Sacrifice
09-30-2018, 12:37 PM
I just don't understand why we can't run a slant or a screen or more 2 TE sets, just anything to slow the Ds pass rush down. We have the receivers to do it. I watched OSU screen PSU to death last night.

parabrave
09-30-2018, 12:42 PM
Is it Moorhead or Marcus Johnson that's the problem? Probably a combination of the 2.

I would have all the 300-pounders running the stadium steps, but that's just me.

Next game concentrate on the Oline especially during the Pre Snap crafest. With all the changing of the plays esp with the final scheme being inputted with 6 seconds to go, they are confused. I noticed this during the KState game. This happened when the plays end up being passes. You better believe that the opposing coaches will notice this and tee off on us.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 12:47 PM

Who missed a LOT of playing time last year due to injury. There never was much if any drop off.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 12:48 PM
Next game concentrate on the Oline especially during the Pre Snap crafest. With all the changing of the plays esp with the final scheme being inputted with 6 seconds to go, they are confused. I noticed this during the KState game. This happened when the plays end up being passes. You better believe that the opposing coaches will notice this and tee off on us.

This is exactly right. They are just lost, and its NOT because they aren't capable players. They were good last year.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 01:29 PM
I just don't understand why we can't run a slant or a screen or more 2 TE sets, just anything to slow the Ds pass rush down. We have the receivers to do it. I watched OSU screen PSU to death last night.

Because Moorhead has to stay in 11 or 10 personnel because thats his offense that worked at Fordham and with one of the best RBs in cfb history

Commercecomet24
09-30-2018, 02:26 PM
This OL dominated teams last year including bama. They were in top 10 in ol efficiency rating last year, top 10 giving up fewest tfl and only gave up 13 sacks all last year. It's not the players. And eiland played half the season for rankin and played just as well or better.