PDA

View Full Version : A moment of painful honesty to myself

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2018, 10:41 AM
These are words I thought I'd never say. Some of you will agree with me and some will rake me over the coals and that's fine. This is where I am right now after seeing what expected to be a special season flushed down the crapper like a corn filled turd. But the combination of our asinine security to get in the game, getting off campus after the game, and the product on the field I'm not really sure I have any desire to go to another game this season which sucks since I have season tickets. Getting where sitting on my couch watching the game on a 50" flat screen eating sausage dip, drinking an ice cold Mello Yello or beer, and smoking a Boston butt on the grill for later sounds so much more appealing than the hassle of actually going to the game.

Spiderman
09-30-2018, 11:22 AM
These are words I thought I'd never say. Some of you will agree with me and some will rake me over the coals and that's fine. This is where I am right now after seeing what expected to be a special season flushed down the crapper like a corn filled turd. But the combination of our asinine security to get in the game, getting off campus after the game, and the product on the field I'm not really sure I have any desire to go to another game this season which sucks since I have season tickets. Getting where sitting on my couch watching the game on a 50" flat screen eating sausage dip, drinking an ice cold Mello Yello or beer, and smoking a Boston butt on the grill for later sounds so much more appealing than the hassle of actually going to the game.

Seems like I said a lot of average fans would start to want to do this a few weeks back. I don't blame you

3rdGen
09-30-2018, 11:33 AM
I was thinking the same thing. These season tickets are getting expensive if this is the product we are going to be seeing the next two years. I will be in the woods next Saturday.

civildawg
09-30-2018, 11:39 AM
I?m right there with you. Not wasting my money anymore on paying ridiculous parking and prices for tickets

Coursesuper
09-30-2018, 12:53 PM
There will be many empty seats next week.

shoeless joe
09-30-2018, 01:24 PM
i dont disagree...the behavior of the players on the field also plays a role for me

Sienfield
09-30-2018, 01:49 PM
What is this sausage dip you speak of?

Dawgology
09-30-2018, 01:54 PM

Walmart actually has 60" Samsung 4k's for around $500. The cost of 2 season tickets. Just saying...

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2018, 01:54 PM
What is this sausage dip you speak of?

1 package mild Italian sausage
1 can Rotel
1 block of cream cheese

Brown sausage and add in Rotel and cream cheese until well blended. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy. It's my must have food for game day when watching at home.

RezDog7
09-30-2018, 02:12 PM
I must be rich, I got a 65". I too will be in the woods next weekend.

Bothrops
09-30-2018, 02:15 PM
Well the worst thing is the program is going to lose support and we will fall further behind and never be competitive in this sport again in the SEC once that happens. We either support the program to compete with Arkansas and Ole Miss or die.

Sienfield
09-30-2018, 02:26 PM
1 package mild Italian sausage
1 can Rotel
1 block of cream cheese

Brown sausage and add in Rotel and cream cheese until well blended. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy. It's my must have food for game day when watching at home.

Thanks, that sounds good. I've been looking for a good dip.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2018, 02:29 PM
And while I've never tried this it might make a good stuffed mushroom filling, too.

maroonmania
09-30-2018, 02:39 PM
I was thinking the same thing. These season tickets are getting expensive if this is the product we are going to be seeing the next two years. I will be in the woods next Saturday.

But, but, we have lower concession prices!***. My biggest complaint is that besides the expense and trouble to travel over when you have a big crowd like yesterday, Starkville is literally insane. Traffic is so bad you can't move (almost got hit several times), you can't hardly get into a decent restaurant without at least an hour wait, and moving around on campus is horrible. I was trying to get to my daughter at her dorm and things are so blocked off I couldn't even get to her. Eventually had to get her to just jump in my vehicle there outside Magnolia Hall as I went down Blackjack.