PDA

View Full Version : Change has to be made

basedog
09-30-2018, 10:14 AM
I hate to say this public but Morehead needs to make a change at QB. Fitz isn't the only problem we have but this team has lost its identity with Fitz, confidence and leadership. Morehead has nothing to lose at this point as the team hasn't responded to his scheme on offense. Maybe Thompson would bring some energy, it sure as hell can't be worse with him at the helm right now.

Lord knows find a dang punter, field position was awful but going 3 and out so many times didn't help!

MafiaDawg
09-30-2018, 10:21 AM
You may be right but as long as he calls slow developing long pass plays with these crappy receivers it won?t mater if Tom Brady is the qb.

Quaoarsking
09-30-2018, 10:21 AM
Agreed. Fitz just can't run this offense. I don't know if KT can either, but KT getting experience in this offense is more valuable to the future than Fitz getting the experience.

MafiaDawg
09-30-2018, 10:26 AM
Agreed there may as well have Key take his lumps now as opposed to the first half of next season. Bc apparently this offense is rocket science. Damnit we suck again.

Dawg61
09-30-2018, 10:26 AM
I think a much bigger issue than QB is how long it's taking to snap the ball. Speed the damn offense up and stop with the checking the sideline bullshit.

Coach007
09-30-2018, 10:28 AM
I hate to say this public but Morehead needs to make a change at QB. Fitz isn't the only problem we have but this team has lost its identity with Fitz, confidence and leadership. Morehead has nothing to lose at this point as the team hasn't responded to his scheme on offense. Maybe Thompson would bring some energy, it sure as hell can't be worse with him at the helm right now.

Lord knows find a dang punter, field position was awful but going 3 and out so many times didn't help!

Here we go....

The backup syndrome...

MafiaDawg
09-30-2018, 10:31 AM
We rarely snap it will more than 3 seconds on the play clock. I think we only ran about 60 plays again. It?s clear Marcus Johnson is an idiot and Moorhead chose him over Looney and others. I?m wondering if this will ever work out.

basedog
09-30-2018, 10:43 AM
Here we go....

The backup syndrome...

Well what would you do? Surely making a few changes can't hurt.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Poster on sps says joe said in press conference that he called multiple runs that fitz kept checking out of. If true, maybe fitz really should be benched

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 12:18 PM

Moorhead needs to adapt his scheme to what his guys can do not what he wants to do. He did it in the first half but we just couldnt finish drives because of 2 sacks that we looked really confused on. We waited till about 2 secs left to snap the ball (of course checked the play at least twice) and then it almost looked like a draw instead of a drop back pass. It happened twice and killed two drives.

We went from committed to the run in the first half, to 2 or 3 rushing attempts in the 2nd. Moorhead went back full dumbass and its the last time I want to see him on that sideline

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 12:19 PM
Poster on sps says joe said in press conference that he called multiple runs that fitz kept checking out of. If true, maybe fitz really should be benched

That sounds like deflection. Fitz looks at the sideline before every snap. If he is really calling his own plays against what Moorhead wants to do then 1. Yes he should already have been benched but 2. It shows me Moorhead has no balls and Fitz doesnt respect him

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 12:21 PM
I think a much bigger issue than QB is how long it's taking to snap the ball. Speed the damn offense up and stop with the checking the sideline bullshit.

That is the most aggravating thing about it to me.

WinningIsRelentless
09-30-2018, 12:30 PM

No what JoMo said was that some of those passes were certainly rpo?s. He then said it?s hard to run the football when they are crowding the box. I guess he doesn?t think our 8 can beat their 8 in the run game. Or either he thinks he is smarter than the dc and checks into a pass.

Homedawg
09-30-2018, 12:31 PM

What he said was , they were rpo's called and he read it to throw. He didn't check out of joes play.

Homedawg
09-30-2018, 12:31 PM
No what JoMo said was that some of those passes were certainly rpo?s. He then said it?s hard to run the football when they are crowding the box. I guess he doesn?t think our 8 can beat their 8 in the run game. Or either he thinks he is smarter than the dc and checks into a pass.

Sorry didn't mean to repeat what you said. But this.

War Machine Dawg
09-30-2018, 01:22 PM
We rarely snap it will more than 3 seconds on the play clock. I think we only ran about 60 plays again. It?s clear Marcus Johnson is an idiot and Moorhead chose him over Looney and others. I?m wondering if this will ever work out.

If you read ACQB, you'd discover we ran just 58 offensive plays last night. We're now averaging 65.2 offensive plays per game. Last year we averaged 76.

Dawg61
09-30-2018, 01:28 PM
If you read ACQB, you'd discover we ran just 58 offensive plays last night. We're now averaging 65.2 offensive plays per game. Last year we averaged 76.

This is our biggest issue on offense imo. Even more so than our poor OL play.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 01:36 PM
We have a punter. Scott Goodman can boot it. He didnt forget how to punt. Just like the rest of the team didnt forget how to move the ball or tackle.

Moorhead is the turd in the punch bowl. I thought it was concerning at the time when we only hired Shoop and Johnson as DC and OL coach but all the hype and goodwill grew on me.

Shoop hasnt been a disaster like Moorhead has but the only thing saving him is that we have multiple NFL players on defense. Its not his scheme for sure. I will say we did add an extra guy to the box tonight at times so theres improvement I guess.

Bothrops
09-30-2018, 01:38 PM
Fitz needs to sit for his own benefit. Give it to Key for a while and see if we can get any consistency going with the offense. We have to be able to throw. Fitz' timing is off and the receivers are open at moments, then those windows close. Can't wait for coverage and then throw. Find these critical moments and hit the receivers in stride early.

TimberBeast
09-30-2018, 01:57 PM
Why? Can KT bounce footballs of our receivers hands better than Fitz? QB isn’t the problem, it’s receivers dropping balls and oline can’t open a hole to save their life. If you can’t see that then you need to stop posting. You’re helping the other idiots here to complain about the wrong problems.

Bothrops
09-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Why? Can KT bounce footballs of our receivers hands better than Fitz? QB isn’t the problem, it’s receivers dropping balls and oline can’t open a hole to save their life. If you can’t see that then you need to stop posting. You’re helping the other idiots here to complain about the wrong problems.

O-line is the biggest problem, but that problem ain't going away anytime soon. I want to see Key fail, before I go back to Fitz. Key may not be able to throw 50 yards, but I want to see what he can do to move the chains.

yjnkdawg
09-30-2018, 03:33 PM

In this RPO offensive scheme, you have to have a quarterback who can make the right reads, as well as being an accurate enough passer to make the defense respect that option as well. It's not Fitz's fault , but he was not recruited to run this type of offense. KT may be able to run it (he wasn't recruited for it either) , but Mayden should be able to run it at some point in time.

MafiaDawg
09-30-2018, 03:37 PM
I?m well aware the competition was not good the first 3 games but are we doing much differently in terms of the plays and strategy? We at least looked like we knew what we were doing.

yjnkdawg
09-30-2018, 04:12 PM

JoeMo actually made a similar type comment concerning the KY game too. I think he said something like there were more running plays called that turned into passing plays.