PDA

View Full Version : We can bitch all we want but the real question is how long will the .....

Coursesuper
09-30-2018, 09:45 AM
Cigar boys be patient, or are they already in The Prez's ear. I think I have some idea about a few of them, the younger side of the equation isn't very happy, but the divide over the AD hire is still there with the top two or three on the pyramid, that doesn't bode well for our situation.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 10:17 AM
I don't hang out with cigar boys but I get the vibe it wouldn't be long.

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 10:29 AM
I'm sure a few of them have already reached out to Keenum with their displeasure. As the season progresses more will join in and it might get volatile at the end of the season.

msbulldog
09-30-2018, 10:36 AM
Dr. Keenum will not allow for anything brash, rash or not in the best interest of the University to be done. He is the man and quick firings are never in any bodies best interest. Coach Moorhead will be giveN the time to do the job he was hired to do, THAT is the way things are done a OUR SCHOOL! Anything less puts us on the level of Mississippi and WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT!

Coursesuper
09-30-2018, 10:50 AM
Dr. Keenum will not allow for anything brash, rash or not in the best interest of the University to be done. He is the man and quick firings are never in any bodies best interest. Coach Moorhead will be giveN the time to do the job he was hired to do, THAT is the way things are done a OUR SCHOOL! Anything less puts us on the level of Mississippi and WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT!

Welcome to the 21st century. I'm going to let you in on a little secret, Mark will do exactly what he is directed to do by our three or four more powerful boosters, the same ones that put him in the seat he sits in today.

WinningIsRelentless
09-30-2018, 10:56 AM

The job he was hired to do was win football games. He wasn?t hired for a rebuild like Mullen was hired to do.

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 11:02 AM

So he was hired to run a top 15 team into the ground?

IMissJack
09-30-2018, 03:16 PM
Didn't we lose our tier 1 research status under Dr. Keenum?

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the 21st century. I'm going to let you in on a little secret, Mark will do exactly what he is directed to do by our three or four more powerful boosters, the same ones that put him in the seat he sits in today.

This is true but I would have to believe that more than likely those 3 or 4 influential people are also going to give Moorhead the OK to stay around for another year as well.

Pit Bull
09-30-2018, 07:30 PM
Cigar boys be patient, or are they already in The Prez's ear. I think I have some idea about a few of them, the younger side of the equation isn't very happy, but the divide over the AD hire is still there with the top two or three on the pyramid, that doesn't bode well for our situation.

Basically this....younger crowd....under 50 want Joe gone today. More mature crowd over 50 are likely willing to give him 2, maybe 3 years unless he falls flat on his face with a 3-9 to 5-7 season. We gave Croom a full 5 years....so why did Croom last so long? What's changed? We're not even halfway through JoMo's first year. Why should he be treated differently than Croom? I not advocating either or.....just wondering.

FISHDAWG
09-30-2018, 07:36 PM
This is true but I would have to believe that more than likely those 3 or 4 influential people are also going to give Moorhead the OK to stay around for another year as well.

If JoMo can't win with this team then he can't win period ..... should we give him 4 years to recruit a less talented team ?

FriarsPoint
09-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Basically this....younger crowd....under 50 want Joe gone today. More mature crowd over 50 are likely willing to give him 2, maybe 3 years unless he falls flat on his face with a 3-9 to 5-7 season. We gave Croom a full 5 years....so why did Croom last so long? What's changed? We're not even halfway through JoMo's first year. Why should he be treated differently than Croom? I not advocating either or.....just wondering.

I mean, really????

Let?s see. One was a complete rebuild of a shit show. The other walked into a team with 18 returning starters, brand new facilities, newly expanded stadium, on the heels of one of our greatest runs in history and you can?t see the difference???

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 07:47 PM

What's different? No LT.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 07:49 PM
If JoMo can't win with this team then he can't win period ..... should we give him 4 years to recruit a less talented team ?

So because he can't win with Hev and Gonzales's recruits he will never win?

BoomBoom
09-30-2018, 08:05 PM

That same "mature" crowd gave Croom a 4 year extension a year before we fired him.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 08:17 PM

C'mon Todd now. This Oline is not well coached this year. Last year they were physical and moved people and they also kept folks from killing Fitz. No matter what their *** were coming out of HS, they were solid last year.

Mixon and Thomas I believe are pretty good if utilized properly. Guidry was supposed to be all world and he ain't doing much of nuthin really.

Hev and Gonzo had their faults, but this crap show isn't their fault. This is coaching pure and simple with this year's team. This team is less physical than last year, and there is massive confusion on O, and a good bit on D too.

On D tho, the physical talent gap on that side of ball has been much greater over our opponents. That's why they are holding opponents to such a low score ... for now. The offense has not had the same luxury of such a talent gap with their 2 SEC foes.

ETA: You might put the lack of quality receivers on Gonzo to some degree. But OM starts receivers as FR and they usually play well. We can't get a Juco to play well, or a high 4* (Whop) on the field either.

FISHDAWG
09-30-2018, 08:26 PM

that's total BS ... Mullen would have won Both of those games

Coursesuper
09-30-2018, 08:47 PM

Of the ones who really give of themselves to MSU there are three, with a few more on the perimeter who think they are as important but aren't.

Coursesuper
09-30-2018, 08:51 PM

Belive it or not you might just have the roles reversed, the younger crowd is way more vested in this coach due to the fact that their guy is the AD. They forced him into the AD chair so now thy sink or swim with Cohen and Moorhead.

War Machine Dawg
09-30-2018, 08:55 PM

If someone has to explain the differences to you aGAIN, you are incapable of understanding in the first place. Croom was hired to do a rebuild. He was left with a relatively bare cupboard, minus about 3-4 players who we can all name.

JoeMo was hired to take us to the next level. He was handed a Top 10 to Top 15 team on a silver platter. The man said himself in his introductory press conference he was lucky to have this job because it was not a rebuild situation.

And let's not forget that LT was the AD for Croom's tenure. If it had been up to LT, Croom would probably still be here. Plus the "other" considerations that surrounded any decision about Croom. We have the IB as our AD now. He's not going to have a real long leash for a guy who isn't in a rebuild situation. And there are zero outside considerations. It's about the Ws, or lack thereof, and the money, or the lack thereof as attendance and giving craters when JoeMo continues losing.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 08:57 PM
The economy of Starkville needs MSU football to be competitive.

You can't wait long if your Keenum. Notice I didn't say Cohen.

If finishes with a losing record this year, I'd fire him.

Sure, the media and other coaches may complain and not want our job because of it, but you just pay more for the next guy. If JoMo continues to suck, you just can't afford to let it destroy all that has been built.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 10:50 PM
that's total BS ... Mullen would have won Both of those games

Let me answer your question better. No- he should not be given four years to rebuild in today's current SEC climate. He should get one year- bring in a couple of JUCO WR's, a couple of JUCO or transfer OT's, and maybe a JUCO/transfer QB. Not sure that Dan beats Kentucky this year since he lost to them this year and they are 5-0 now. That's neither here nor there. We have talent issues at WR and OL because of poor recruiting and now it's up to Joe to fix it as I outlined above.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 10:52 PM
The economy of Starkville needs MSU football to be competitive.

You can't wait long if your Keenum. Notice I didn't say Cohen.

If finishes with a losing record this year, I'd fire him.

Sure, the media and other coaches may complain and not want our job because of it, but you just pay more for the next guy. If JoMo continues to suck, you just can't afford to let it destroy all that has been built.

If we fire him after this year we better have someone legit lined up and ready to take over on day one.

Pit Bull
10-01-2018, 02:23 AM
What's different? No LT.

That I can live with. LT was loyal and honored full contracts before making or considering making a change. I remember Notre Dame's higher ups used to be very adamant about honoring their HC contracts to the fullest. After Ara Parseghian, I think the Irish went through a few coaches during their somewhat down years and most, if not all, were given 4 or 5 full year contracts. Now that everybody and their brother feels like they should be winning all the time, they dont wait more than a year or two....except in the case of maybe.....Vandy.