PDA

View Full Version : So what to do?

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 01:26 AM
Here is my two cents for the staff, it's probably not worth that much, but here it is.
1. Practice, at least on the first two days of the week, is live. That includes quarterbacks and one on one blocking and tackling drills. If you have injuries from it then so be it. We need toughness.
2. Simplify EVERYTHING on the offensive side of the ball. The playbook, blocking schemes, reads, post read options, everything.
3. Swallow the pride and arrogance and go back and look at what Mullen did last year on offense. Find similar stuff in your system and use it. Find what we can do, and do it over and over. People bitched about it when Mullen did it, but we are beginning to see WHY he did it.
4. If the players don't like it.....they aren't supposed to like it, or you.
5. Resign if the players EVER skip post game handshakes and the alma mater again. In fact, from now on YOU do it with them. That's a discipline and respect thing that can be done no matter how bad you played.
6. Square pegs won't EVER fit in round holes, unless you make them much smaller than they are. Why would you want to make them smaller?
7. Never set foot in the indoor practice facility again, unless we are playing in a dome that week.
8. Every opponent we play is better than Alabama. Show them that much respect when you prepare for them. There is only one opponent left on the schedule, the next one.

Some of that stuff is aimed at rumors I'mhearing. If it's off base then ok, skip that part.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 01:28 AM
I like it.

ETA: I just have a hard time believing that Franklin & PSU don't practice live a good bit of the time. Although that may be why they always seem to lose games like tonight too.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 03:34 PM
Oh and one more, 60-40 run pass, at least.

Pit Bull
09-30-2018, 07:32 PM
Oh and one more, 60-40 run pass, at least.

Yes.....and I would even go so far as 75/25 run/pass. BAMA did this a lot and still sent their underused WRs to the NFL all the time.

TUSK
09-30-2018, 07:40 PM
Yes.....and I would even go so far as 75/25 run/pass. BAMA did this a lot and still sent their underused WRs to the NFL all the time.

FACT... Julio, OJ.... and I can only imagine how pissed Calvin Ridley might have been knowing King Tua was on the sidelines while Hurts was throwing passes 4 yards over his head and out of bounds....

Pit Bull
10-01-2018, 01:58 AM
Nothing....we are just fans on this here message board. Best thing to do is just go the games and support the Dogs the rest of the way. Anyone who thinks they are a coach here just needs to wake up from your dream. You can keep guessing if you want to though! Nothing wrong with that.