PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm ready for a pro set offense.....

Pit Bull
09-30-2018, 01:02 AM
getting damn tired of West Coast, Spread, & RPO bullshit. Let's line it up and run the ball with a badass fullback blocking for a badass tailback. Run draws, screens, & good old play action passing!

EngDawg
09-30-2018, 09:07 AM
Wing T baby

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2018, 09:10 AM
Good lord.

You want a pro set offense?

Those don't work in college football. Terrible terrible idea.

Here's what I want: an offense that hides our weaknesses and maximizes our strengths. If that's the triple option, it's the triple option(btw this team would be bad ass running the triple option) and if that's another offense the so be it.

War Machine Dawg
09-30-2018, 09:12 AM
getting damn tired of West Coast, Spread, & RPO bullshit. Let's line it up and run the ball with a badass fullback blocking for a badass tailback. Run draws, screens, & good old play action passing!

https://media.giphy.com/media/gWaKXZ1X8rHOM/giphy.gif

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 09:14 AM
Nick is good at running and short passes. Our OL is built for run first option offense. Kylin and Aeris should brutalizing defenses. Joe's trying to reinvent the wheel instead of patching a hole and putting some air in it and hoping the tread holds.

Dawg61
09-30-2018, 09:29 AM
Hell no

Spiderman
09-30-2018, 11:20 AM

Then instead of gaining only 202yards, we'd gain 102.

As far as WCO, it hasnot, and never will work consistently in college

AlSwearengen
09-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Holy shit. To run a pro style offense, you have to out jimmy and joe the other guys. We will never do that, therefore, we need a gimmick. I know jack about football, but I know that much.

Homedawg
09-30-2018, 12:33 PM

Just plain dumb

viverlibre
09-30-2018, 12:38 PM
Nick was good last year at running and sucks at short and long passes. Our OL is built for run first option offense. Kylin and Aeris should brutalizing defenses. Joe's trying to reinvent the wheel instead of patching a hole and putting some air in it and hoping the tread holds.

FTFY

Bothrops
09-30-2018, 01:11 PM

We would never block well enough to run a pro offense in the SEC west, and can't get enough stud receivers to make it work on the other end. This program is permanently stuck in purgatory, unless we go offer a proven P5 winner 4-5 million just to come, and there are still no guarantees.

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 01:14 PM
FTFY

Joe has him overthinking. Nick's not that kind of QB. And that's all on Joe.

hopsondawg22
09-30-2018, 01:14 PM

Your age is showing boomer.

Pit Bull
09-30-2018, 05:53 PM
Holy shit. To run a pro style offense, you have to out jimmy and joe the other guys. We will never do that, therefore, we need a gimmick. I know jack about football, but I know that much.

Bob Tyler and Jackie Sherrill ran it....with a little veer mixed in from time to time.....guess they never were successful huh? I would take triple option with a decent pass scheme attached too, if that's what it took. IMO, the West Coast, Spread, and RPO are just cover up offensive schemes saying we cant play real football with the big boys. I used to love seeing a big fullback pancake some linebackers and the following RB picking up 5-25 yds a clip. We need to be able to run/pass successfully at a 75%/25% clip.

Pit Bull
09-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Your age is showing boomer.

17 yeah.....what are you? …..a new age millineal pu$$ie?.....pretty much what is wrong with society anyway nowadays.

Really Clark?
09-30-2018, 06:29 PM
Bob Tyler and Jackie Sherrill ran it....with a little veer mixed in from time to time.....guess they never were successful huh? I would take triple option with a decent pass scheme attached too, if that's what it took. IMO, the West Coast, Spread, and RPO are just cover up offensive schemes saying we cant play real football with the big boys. I used to love seeing a big fullback pancake some linebackers and the following RB picking up 5-25 yds a clip. We need to be able to run/pass successfully at a 75%/25% clip.

Named the pro teams running that to great success in today?s game. The fullback lead has gone away in a bulk of pro sets.

Jackie?s offenses at best were efficient to match our defenses but not powerhouse scoring offenses

msstate7
09-30-2018, 06:32 PM
Named the pro teams running that to great success in today’s game. The fullback lead has gone away in a bulk of pro sets

Saints use fullback a good bit

Really Clark?
09-30-2018, 06:35 PM
Saints use fullback a good bit

But the Power I as the dominate offensive scheme is not used but in situational circumstances

bluelightstar
09-30-2018, 06:41 PM
Pretty sure this idea is a big part of what torpedoed Arkansas' program recently.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 06:44 PM
Pretty sure this idea is a big part of what torpedoed Arkansas' program recently.
Maybe, but I don't think offense was their issue

WPS
09-30-2018, 11:03 PM
Maybe, but I don't think offense was their issue

It wasn’t for the most part. In 2015 Arkansas was 2nd in the SEC in scoring. Just couldn’t stop a nosebleed every year except 2014. Kinda get tired of people saying that it failed because it’s trying to “out-Alabama Alabama” when we only lost to them by one point in 2014 which was closer than Petrino’s offenses ever got. The problem was losing to Toledo, Texas Tech, A&M all the time, Rutgers, Missouri most of the time, etc.

Dawg61
09-30-2018, 11:15 PM
17 yeah.....what are you? ?..a new age millineal pu$$ie?.....pretty much what is wrong with society anyway nowadays.

Yea cause all the millennials are running this country right and have all the most powerful jobs and positions in politics. Don't shit all over the house and then blame the baby for not cleaning it up.

TUSK
09-30-2018, 11:58 PM
Yea cause all the millennials are running this country right and have all the most powerful jobs and positions in politics. Don't shit all over the house and then blame the baby for not cleaning it up.

dude.

yjnkdawg
10-01-2018, 12:37 AM

Croom wanted to run the true wco, but it was too complicated of an offense to be taught to college players. The spread or the RPO is the offense of modern day football. Do any pro teams actually use a pro set offense as their basic formation, anymore? I'm not aware of any that do

Pit Bull
10-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Just plain dumb

Well....just stick with your little silly bubble screens and jet sweeps and cute RPO plays.....you know....all the little finesse football type philosophies that are fads nowadays......soon we will be wearing flags on our sides and 7 on 7 just for giggles. Look up one day and there will be about 20,000 fans sitting in Davis Wade.....probably all liberals who are afraid of players getting hurt.