PDA

View Full Version : Was at the game.. my takes FWTW

mstatefan91
09-30-2018, 12:38 AM
Defense is very good.

Defensive coordinator needs to learn how to adjust. UF screened us to death. I've never seen Mullen call so many.

Defense didn't give up and kept fighting to give us a chance. They were held and harassed but never gave in and only gave up 13 points.

Offense is shite.

Started off well with running but chewed up a bunch of clock for 2 field goals.

Receivers drop way too many passes. Yes, I know Fitz throws fast balls but the ball to Mitchell for a TD was good and should have been caught.. Would have made it a 10 point game..

Offensive line is uncomfortable when they know and the defense knows we are in a passing down.. they get whipped each and every damn time.

Kylin has to learn to pass block.. it is obvious what we are going to do when Aeris comes in.

Fitz is not what he was.. I wish he was but he doesn't run the same and doesn't seem to be recognizing coverage pre-snap.. part of that may be the system with the RPO... too much going on to key in on a read that should be open given the defense

Our punting is bad.. kick offs are weird.. we made the two field goals so special teams as special teams go are average

The offense is the biggest issue.. until it is sorted out, we won't win an SEC game outside of maybe Arkansas and OM..

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE=mstatefan91;1001049]Defense is very good.

Defensive coordinator needs to learn how to adjust. UF screened us to death. I've never seen Mullen call so many.

Defense didn't give up and kept fighting to give us a chance. They were held and harassed but never gave in and only gave up 13 points.

Offense is shite.

Started off well with running but chewed up a bunch of clock for 2 field goals.

Receivers drop way too many passes. Yes, I know Fitz throws fast balls but the ball to Mitchell for a TD was good and should have been caught.. Would have made it a 10 point game..

Offensive line is uncomfortable when they know and the defense knows we are in a passing down.. they get whipped each and every damn time.

Kylin has to learn to pass block.. it is obvious what we are going to do when Aeris comes in.

I think Fitz is very close to what he was. We don't know because he is being asked to do very different things now. He very well may be being asked to think to much. If you have to think at the speed today's game is played at you are screwed. You have to react, not think. To me where we look lost is up front. They don't have a clue what to do, and they were a good line last year. My advice to Moorhead is to simplify it ALL. At least for this year.