PDA

View Full Version : RESPECT!

dawgday166
09-29-2018, 11:46 PM
I've said many times that I prefer for us to "fly under the radar" with all our sports teams, but especially football. Caveat ... obviously we can't do that in Women's Hoops anymore ... :)

For those of you always demanding respect, saying we ain't getting enough of it, constantly offended about how we're not ranked high enough, and getting butt hurt about it all the time ... I just wanna say this.

Every time we start getting hyped by the national media in almost any sport but especially so in football, we implode just like this. Every damn time!

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2018, 11:52 PM
Except getting hype has nothing to do with what's going on

dawgday166
09-29-2018, 11:54 PM
Maybe not but ... everytime we get a lot of hype we get all caught up in it and implode big time. Hype == RAT POISON.

Maroonthirteen
09-29-2018, 11:58 PM
I agree. Every damn time. The way 2014 season ended..... that season told me nothing has changed in the 30 years that I have watched MSU football.

I knew tonight..... there would be no karma.

Cooterpoot
09-30-2018, 12:00 AM
Dumbest shit ive seen since the game.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 12:03 AM
I agree. Every damn time. The way 2014 season ended..... that season told me nothing has changed in the 30 years that I have watched MSU football.

I knew tonight..... there would be no karma.

2001 too??

Homedawg
09-30-2018, 12:09 AM
I've said many times that I prefer for us to "fly under the radar" with all our sports teams, but especially football. Caveat ... obviously we can't do that in Women's Hoops anymore ... :)

For those of you always demanding respect, saying we ain't getting enough of it, constantly offended about how we're not ranked high enough, and getting butt hurt about it all the time ... I just wanna say this.

Every time we start getting hyped by the national media in almost any sport but especially so in football, we implode just like this. Every damn time!

So the 2 times it's happened in 100 years we went the bed. Hardly a trend. But this one was on coaching. Last one prior was on overly high expectations.

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 12:13 AM
So the 2 times it's happened in 100 years we went the bed. Hardly a trend. But this one was on coaching. Last one prior was on overly high expectations.

Probably can do some digging but what I mean is ... once we start getting some hype, we'll lose a game we shouldn't and fall back to where we were ... like last year's Egg Bowl. In 2014 I was actually surprised we were able to sustain #1 for 5 weeks. But had very close calls against KY & Arky prior to Bama game.