PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure how much of this is on fitz but

msstate7
09-29-2018, 11:08 PM
Moorhead has to bench him. He has to do it to try and shift blame off himself to try and get fan base behind him again

dawgday166
09-29-2018, 11:09 PM
Moorhead has to bench him. He has to do it to try and shift blame off himself to try and get fan base behind him again

You just predicting he will bench him?

msstate7
09-29-2018, 11:11 PM
You just predicting he will bench him?

I would. Not bc i think it's fitz's fault though. I just think Moorhead needs a scape goat

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 11:12 PM
Serious question:

Why is Moorhead trying to teach a 5th year senior his offense? Key's got three more years. I don't see him being any better next year.

And who's the kid Moorhead got from NC? If he has it between the ears I wonder if Joe just rides him as a true freshman.

msstate7
09-29-2018, 11:13 PM
Serious question:

Why is Moorhead trying to teach a 5th year senior his offense? Key's got three more years. I don't see him being any better next year.

And who's the kid Moorhead got from NC? If he has it between the ears I wonder if Joe just rides him as a true freshman.

I've said for a month now, shrader will be our qb next season

dawgday166
09-29-2018, 11:15 PM
I would. Not bc i think it's fitz's fault though. I just think Moorhead needs a scape goat

That would disappoint me even more in Moorhead. I just watched his press conference. It was actually good for having lost like that. He made no excuses and didn't sugar coat anything.

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 11:15 PM

I think you are right 7. He's Joe's guy.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 11:16 PM

Brother, that will make it worse.

The only way to get this fan base back is to win.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 11:16 PM

If that is the case, then he does NOT need to be our HC.

DudyDawg
09-29-2018, 11:17 PM
That would disappoint me even more in Moorhead. I just watched his press conference. It was actually good for having lost like that. He made no excuses and didn't sugar coat anything.

Not a whole lotta sugar you can put on fitz being ****ing awful

dawgday166
09-29-2018, 11:18 PM
Brother, that will make it worse.

The only way to get this fan base back is to win.

Might as well go ALL IN I guess.

He benched an 1100 yd back that will get you 4 yds everytime and stick his nose in there in pass pro too ... for one who needs a gaping hole to gain a yd and turns his shoulder to a blitzer in pass pro. Holloway would at least try to block and stick his nose in there.

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 11:23 PM

Fitz is being asked to do something he can't do. Our offense up to this year emphasized his strengths. What we are doing now emphasizes his weaknesses. That's not on Fitz. If we have someone who can do it better then play him. It's NOT Thompson at this point. He showed that against SFA.

BoomBoom
09-29-2018, 11:26 PM

Moorhead needs to accept he made a mistake with making Hill the starter. He needs to go back to pounding the ball with Aeris and Fitz, with play action to keep Ds honest.

WeWonItAll(Most)
At this point Fitz is obviously a very very square peg that Moorhead is trying to fit into a round hole. It's disappointing that Moorhead doesn't seem able or willing to adjust to Fitz's strengths, but if that's how it's going to be, I wouldn't mind giving Key an opportunity to prove he's a little less squarish than Fitz.

msstate7
Moorhead needs to accept he made a mistake with making Hill the starter. He needs to go back to pounding the ball with Aeris and Fitz, with play action to keep Ds honest.

That would be smart, but it would magnify how stupid we was to start.

BhamDawg205
09-29-2018, 11:36 PM
Fitz is being asked to do something he can't do. Our offense up to this year emphasized his strengths. What we are doing now emphasizes his weaknesses. That's not on Fitz. If we have someone who can do it better then play him. It's NOT Thompson at this point. He showed that against SFA.

So tell me what's the different in Key's first game and Fitz's 1st game? If you say SFA and KSU talent... There doesn't seems to be a wide gap. I'm not a passing Fitz fan, with that said, these WR suck azz. If upper class WR can't get the job done bench em'. And Moorhead needs to give up play calling duties, obviously he can't do both.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 12:00 AM
So tell me what's the different in Key's first game and Fitz's 1st game? If you say SFA and KSU talent... There doesn't seems to be a wide gap. I'm not a passing Fitz fan, with that said, these WR suck azz. If upper class WR can't get the job done bench em'. And Moorhead needs to give up play calling duties, obviously he can't do both.

Fitz is a running QB with below average passing skills. I actually think he is decent at reading defenses, you have to give him post read options he can handle. If you want to see what to do with him to make him effective go look at what we did last year. It was masterful. Last year was the best coaching job the last staff did in it's entire tenure here. If you want to see precisely what NOT to do with him, watch the last two games.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 12:08 AM
I think Key could be better because he throws a much more catchable ball than Fitz. I would also play Whop in place of Osirius because he and Key have been playing together since high school so I would assume there is some chemistry there.

But I play Key of I'm Joe not because I need a scapegoat- but because I need to figure out if Key can run this offense. And whether I need to get a JUCO or transfer QB or not.

And I would bench Eiland. He has ****ed our team over this year. Get Phillips out there and see what he can do.

Quaoarsking
09-30-2018, 12:10 AM

I doubted you, but now I agree.

It's obvious that Fitz can't run our offense, and KT must not be able to do it any better, or he would be playing it instead. Moorhead wouldn't be bringing in Shrader unless he believes that he can do it.

I do think we should be playing Key though going forward because maybe it will all click for him.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 12:13 AM
I think Key could be better because he throws a much more catchable ball than Fitz. I would also play Whop in place of Osirius because he and Key have been playing together since high school so I would assume there is some chemistry there.

But I play Key of I'm Joe not because I need a scapegoat- but because I need to figure out if Key can run this offense. And whether I need to get a JUCO or transfer QB or not.

And I would bench Eiland. He has ****ed our team over this year. Get Phillips out there and see what he can do.

Eiland was fine last year. He started roughly half the games remember. The entire line has no idea what to do, and they knew exactly what to do and usually did it last year. Key looked really bad against SFA. He hit some home runs, because that defense was terrible. HpThat was pretty much all he did.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 01:04 AM
Eiland was fine last year. He started roughly half the games remember. The entire line has no idea what to do, and they knew exactly what to do and usually did it last year. Key looked really bad against SFA. He hit some home runs, because that defense was terrible. HpThat was pretty much all he did.

Eiland started four games. We had a NFL guy at LT for the majority of the time. Eiland's feet are slow. It's a talent issue with him.

Key had some mechanical issues in the first game but he wasn't any worse than Fitz has been this year. And when Key did miss at least he was throwing to guys that were open.

Goldendawg
09-30-2018, 01:08 AM

How tough a league is Shrader playing in? I have never followed NC high school football or considered NC or NC State as hotbeds of successful college football.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 01:12 AM
How tough a league is Shrader playing in? I have never followed NC high school football or considered NC or NC State as hotbeds of successful college football.

No idea. I just know if key can't beat fitz out, I have no confidence he will be our qb next season. Moorhead will be on the hot seat for real next season... he'll want his guy. I'm assuming shrader comes, which may not happen after he sees Moorhead's genuis in the sec

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 01:20 AM
No idea. I just know if key can't beat fitz out, I have no confidence he will be our qb next season. Moorhead will be on the hot seat for real next season... he'll want his guy. I'm assuming shrader comes, which may not happen after he sees Moorhead's genuis in the sec

Well if he is a genius then he needs to bring in a veteran transfer or a JUCO QB instead of placing his job on the line with a true freshman QB.

BhamDawg205
09-30-2018, 02:03 AM

You know some guys are great practice guys. Fitz maybe lights out passing the ball in practice... But he'll anyone can throw on our secondary. They maybe so close in practice that experience gets the nod. I just know what my eyes see in the game. Hell Fitz can start the rest of the season, just give Key some snaps to prove or debunk what these sources are saying.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 02:10 AM
Eiland started four games. We had a NFL guy at LT for the majority of the time. Eiland's feet are slow. It's a talent issue with him.

Key had some mechanical issues in the first game but he wasn't any worse than Fitz has been this year. And when Key did miss at least he was throwing to guys that were open.

Everybody was always open in that game....and he still was 40%. There was little to no drop off with Eiland last year, and he played a LOT even in the games Rankin started.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 03:20 AM

That wont fix anything. The answer is for Moorhead to adapt to what we are and what we can do and not what he has cooked up in his head.

The answer to our offense is bringing on basically a younger version of Nick Fitzgerald. Haha yall are wildin

DownwardDawg
09-30-2018, 06:37 AM
Imagine a true freshman QB starting for this MSU team next year. That’s scary. If that happens, I believe next year will be Mooreheads last at State. We have to endure this for one more season.

TXDawg
09-30-2018, 06:51 AM
I agree that Fitz looked lost last night, but it wasn’t his fault that O Mitchell dropped a sure TD. That one play cost us the game.

msbulldog
09-30-2018, 07:06 AM
You know some guys are great practice guys. Fitz maybe lights out passing the ball in practice... But he'll anyone can throw on our secondary. They maybe so close in practice that experience gets the nod. I just know what my eyes see in the game. Hell Fitz can start the rest of the season, just give Key some snaps to prove or debunk what these sources are saying.

From the film I've seen on 247, Fitz look great passing in practice.

Dawgs87
09-30-2018, 07:09 AM
I agree that Fitz looked lost last night, but it wasn?t his fault that O Mitchell dropped a sure TD. That one play cost us the game.

Last 2 games:
27/58 for 226 yards 0 TD 1 INT as a passer. 36 rushes for 52 yards as a rusher. Case closed.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 07:11 AM
Last 2 games:
27/58 for 226 yards 0 TD 1 INT as a passer. 36 rushes for 52 yards as a rusher. Case closed.

The rushing is the most disturbing. He's not the same player... OM broke him.

Jack Lambert
09-30-2018, 08:23 AM
It all starts with the O line. We have four starters back from a really good line from last season and they suck ass this season. Fire that coach first and let Brad Petterson take his place. He would light that ass up. Our current O Line coach is a bear.

BrunswickDawg
09-30-2018, 08:29 AM
The rushing is the most disturbing. He's not the same player... OM broke him.
I don't know if it is as much as the injury or the change in offense. People can say all they want that the systems are similar but they aren't. Watch our OL - they have opened no running lanes the last 2 weeks. This is not a system or scheme built off of the run. It's all about passing.

Fitz is also a player tailor made for Dan Mullen's offense. Problem is, we aren't running Dan Mullen's offense. It's the only way he knows how to play. You can't take a guy who's entire QB experience is running a triple option running attack, and a run-first read-option, and believe you will be successful with a pass-first RPO system. And I hate it for him, because believe what you will about his leadership or maturity, he's a good kid, who has given a lot more than any of us have to this football program. He will end up being the second best QB in the history of the school, and 75% of the fan base will say he sucked and cost us "our most talented team ever". And that's not right.

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 08:38 AM
It all starts with the O line. We have four starters back from a really good line from last season and they suck ass this season. Fire that coach first and let Brad Petterson take his place. He would light that ass up. Our current O Line coach is a bear.

I think Duke's OL is actually better without him this season.

Dawgs87
09-30-2018, 08:39 AM
I don't know if it is as much as the injury or the change in offense. People can say all they want that the systems are similar but they aren't. Watch our OL - they have opened no running lanes the last 2 weeks. This is not a system or scheme built off of the run. It's all about passing.

Fitz is also a player tailor made for Dan Mullen's offense. Problem is, we aren't running Dan Mullen's offense. It's the only way he knows how to play. You can't take a guy who's entire QB experience is running a triple option running attack, and a run-first read-option, and believe you will be successful with a pass-first RPO system. And I hate it for him, because believe what you will about his leadership or maturity, he's a good kid, who has given a lot more than any of us have to this football program. He will end up being the second best QB in the history of the school, and 75% of the fan base will say he sucked and cost us "our most talented team ever". And that's not right.

He needs 11 wins to tie Madkin. I don't think that is happening, because it's impossible. Not sure how he's second. His numbers are comparable to 1991 Sleepy Robinson. Sleepy's stats were better.

Quaoarsking
09-30-2018, 08:43 AM
Imagine a true freshman QB starting for this MSU team next year. That’s scary. If that happens, I believe next year will be Mooreheads last at State. We have to endure this for one more season.

If Shrader can run this offense (and Moorhead wouldn't be bringing him in unless he thinks he can), he should be the starter next year.

Moorhead's offense does work. It doesn't with this current set of players, but Moorhead's only hope is to get his players in quickly and try to regain the fanbase's trust.

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 08:47 AM
If Shrader can run this offense (and Moorhead wouldn't be bringing him in unless he thinks he can), he should be the starter next year.

Moorhead's offense does work. It doesn't with this current set of players, but Moorhead's only hope is to get his players in quickly and try to regain the fanbase's trust.

This.

Shrader is a lot like McSorely. If it's true that Key can't even remotely run this offense then Moorhead has to go all in on "his" guy.

Cooterpoot
09-30-2018, 08:55 AM
Our football program is in trouble. Moorhead better pray he holds on to the recruits we have. And if Cohen brought in a coach that can't win with THIS talent, I hope they're both fired soon.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 08:57 AM
Our football program is in trouble. Moorhead better pray he holds on to the recruits we have.

Better pray he can land moor guys too. Our remaining board isn't looking good. We gonna be in the 30s recruiting

TrapGame
09-30-2018, 09:02 AM
Better pray he can land moor guys too. Our remaining board isn't looking good. We gonna be in the 30s recruiting

We hand a guy a top 15 team and he turns it into a cluster and a once top 15 recruiting class goes to the 30s.

If he loses to Ark and OM he should be fired. No joke.