PDA

View Full Version : Make Hud the OC and play caller tomorrow

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 10:13 PM
He can salvage enough offense outta us to at least get to a bowl game. Give Moorhead one more year to implement his offense. If it's still garbage next year make Hud the interim. Hud has two years to win the job or we go get a new coach after the 2019 season.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 10:15 PM
So we want the guy fired from ULL as our HC instead?

This is why we don't get it folks. After 5 games Moorhead is terrible and we want to replace with our TE coach that got fired from a G5 team.

VandelayIndustries
09-29-2018, 10:16 PM
Yea Hud was awful at ULL his last few years

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 10:19 PM
He can salvage enough offense outta us to at least get to a bowl game. Give Moorhead one more year to implement his offense. If it's still garbage next year make Hud the interim. Hud has two years to win the job or we go get a new coach after the 2019 season.

No.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 10:24 PM
So we want the guy fired from ULL as our HC instead?

This is why we don't get it folks. After 5 games Moorhead is terrible and we want to replace with our TE coach that got fired from a G5 team.

All ears for a better idea since it's a thread and all.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 10:25 PM
All ears for a better idea since it's a thread and all.

I say we calm the 17 down and let's give Moorhead more than 5 games before we blow the whole damn program up more than Mullen did when he left.

This and every other board has wanted every single one of our coaches fired at some point in the last 5 years. Howland, Cohen, Mullen. All three of them have been called to be fired by multiple people at multiple different points.

Our fan base is generally not good at this whole change thing and we certainly aren't very good at understanding dynamics of a program or a person. I would bet the majority of the people bitching and moaning are lifelong MSU fans over the age of 40

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 10:26 PM
I say we calm the 17 down and let's give Moorhead more than 5 games before we blow the whole damn program up more than Mullen did when he left.

Reread my OP. Moorhead has two years.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 10:30 PM
Reread my OP. Moorhead has two years.

Yeah but tomorrow you take away his play calling responsibilities and give them to Hud. So you basically take away Moorhead's ability to run the program and give his current TE coach more power than him.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 10:33 PM
Yeah but tomorrow you take away his play calling responsibilities and give them to Hud. So you basically take away Moorhead's ability to run the program and give his current TE coach more power than him.

I see your point but Moorhead's offense might score 3 touchdowns the rest of the year. We aren't smart enough to grasp it in one year I guess.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 10:34 PM
I see your point but Moorhead's offense might score 3 touchdowns the rest of the year. We aren't smart enough to grasp it in one year I guess.

Now I can agree with this statement. But it's not like we are going to learn another new offense. This offense is what it is. Changing who calls it does no good. We need players to execute it plain and simple. And we don't have that.

tcdog70
09-29-2018, 10:36 PM
Remember last Year when Auburn and Georgia beat us like a red headed step child. Ole Dan looked pretty awful.

If you have 3 and outs then your running backs won't have many rushing opportunities. We must run the ball and pas off of play action. Fitz is not a pocket passer. Taking shots down the field is fine if you have time to sit in the pocket. Quick passes is what Nick needs. Like swing passes to Hill. We should have gone for the first down on fourth and one instead of kicking the fg.

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 10:36 PM
The fact Moorhead was the best candidate for our job and he probably was- tells you all you need to know about our job. Fact.

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 10:37 PM
Remember last Year when Auburn and Georgia beat us like a red headed step child. Ole Dan looked pretty awful.

If you have 3 and outs then your running backs won't have many rushing opportunities. We must run the ball and pas off of play action. Fitz is not a pocket passer. Taking shots down the field is fine if you have time to sit in the pocket. Quick passes is what Nick needs. Like swing passes to Hill. We should have gone for the first down on fourth and one instead of kicking the fg.

We weren't playing auburn or ga from last year. Not even close either week.

msstate7
09-29-2018, 10:38 PM
We weren't playing auburn or ga from last year. Not even close either week.

We got blasted by 2 east teams.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 10:39 PM
Now I can agree with this statement. But it's not like we are going to learn another new offense. This offense is what it is. Changing who calls it does no good. We need players to execute it plain and simple. And we don't have that.

Not saying run a new offense. Hud is from Mississippi not Pittsburgh he can dummy down the offense enough and motivate enough to score more points than Moorhead will. For this year.

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 10:40 PM

This and every other board has wanted every single one of our coaches fired at some point in the last 5 years. Howland, Cohen, Mullen. All three of them have been called to be fired by multiple people at multiple different points.

Our fan base is generally not good at this whole change thing and we certainly aren't very good at understanding dynamics of a program or a person. I would bet the majority of the people bitching and moaning are lifelong MSU fans over the age of 40

I normally don't bitch much for at least 2-3 years. This was not your normal MSU coaching change. We in my lifetime have always had to fire the coach or otherwise run him off. This was not a rebuild job. Moorhead wasn't handed the keys to beat up 52 Chevy pickup. He may not have inherited a Ferrari, but it was at least a 350 GT Mustang. It looks like he wrecked it in the driveway.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 10:41 PM
Not saying run a new offense. Hud is from Mississippi not Pittsburgh he can dummy down the offense enough and motivate enough to score more points than Moorhead will. For this year.

So we are at least in agreement our players aren't smart enough to comprehend what is going on and that maybe when we look back on it Mullen's offense was really easy to understand? Which might be why good teams beat the hell out of us?

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 10:42 PM
I normally don't bitch much for at least 2-3 years. This was not your normal MSU coaching change. We in my lifetime have always had to fire the coach or otherwise run him off. This was not a rebuild job. Moorhead wasn't handed the keys to beat up 52 Chevy pickup. He may not have inherited a Ferrari, but it was at least a 350 GT Mustang. It looks like he wrecked it in the driveway.

But if you put different gas in that Mustang doesn't that change how it operates?

ScoobaDawg
09-29-2018, 10:42 PM
You stupid f*ck go play in the traffic of whatever highway is near you and see if you gain any brain cells.
So you want to "demote" Moorhead tomorrow and make him a head coach only with no power since that's what he is known for. THEN you want to follow up that by giving the power to an asst? and say oh hud will run his offense while you install YOURS.. you are deep in the sauce you dum@ss. Once we fire him after 2019, ya know when your failed expirement doesn't work because of the toxic enviroment... who the f*ck do you think would touch our job?

Our best shitty choice is ride this cr@p out for 2 years... that's the earliest we can fire him. and it's gonna be a shitty time till then likely it looks like. Either that or Joe finds a QB who can throw a ball over 10 yards worth a damn consistently.. not 3-5 times a game like Fitz. And upgrade the OL and wr's.

You are a damn idiot and should step away for a while.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 10:49 PM
You stupid f*ck go play in the traffic of whatever highway is near you and see if you gain any brain cells.
So you want to "demote" Moorhead tomorrow and make him a head coach only with no power since that's what he is known for. THEN you want to follow up that by giving the power to an asst? and say oh hud will run his offense while you install YOURS.. you are deep in the sauce you dum@ss. Once we fire him after 2019, ya know when your failed expirement doesn't work because of the toxic enviroment... who the f*ck do you think would touch our job?

Our best shitty choice is ride this cr@p out for 2 years... that's the earliest we can fire him. and it's gonna be a shitty time till then likely it looks like. Either that or Joe finds a QB who can throw a ball over 10 yards worth a damn consistently.. not 3-5 times a game like Fitz. And upgrade the OL and wr's.

You are a damn idiot and should step away for a while.

Glad to know Behrdawg has mods on here telling posters to go play in traffic.

ScoobaDawg
09-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Glad to know Behrdawg has mods on here telling posters to go play in traffic.N

Nobody has told anyone to say anything you ignorant twat. Funny you ignore anything about the response, because you realize how much of an idiot your post was.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 10:58 PM
N

Nobody has told anyone to say anything you ignorant twat. Funny you ignore anything about the response, because you realize how much of an idiot your post was.

I didn't read your post after your first sentence. You're clearly sauced up and heated from the game looking for a Huckleberry to be your outlet. Not me cupcake. Go beat your pillow.

ScoobaDawg
09-29-2018, 11:17 PM
I didn't read your post after your first sentence. You're clearly sauced up and heated from the game looking for a Huckleberry to be your outlet. Not me cupcake. Go beat your pillow.

You just proved once again the ignorant twat of a poster you are.. I explained why you are a dumbass and your idea is STUPID. It has nothing to do with if I have had anything to drink tonight.You are too ignorant to read and understand that though.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 11:25 PM
You just proved once again the ignorant twat of a poster you are.. I explained why you are a dumbass and your idea is STUPID. It has nothing to do with if I have had anything to drink tonight.You are too ignorant to read and understand that though.

You need friends

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2018, 03:38 AM
The fact Moorhead was the best candidate for our job and he probably was- tells you all you need to know about our job. Fact.

Yea I call BS on this. I think we tried to outsmart everyone (like moorhead is trying to do) and save a little money. And no Im not saying farre cohen

Leeshouldveflanked
09-30-2018, 06:35 AM
Hud can’t even coach his position group.

MetEdDawg
09-30-2018, 06:43 AM
Yea I call BS on this. I think we tried to outsmart everyone (like moorhead is trying to do) and save a little money. And no Im not saying farre cohen

If Jeremy Pruitt was our first interview then I don't think we can make the case we were trying to outsmart everyone.

WinningIsRelentless
09-30-2018, 06:54 AM
If Jeremy Pruitt was our first interview then I don't think we can make the case we were trying to outsmart everyone.

Pruitt would have been 100x better than Moorehead in hindsight.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 07:01 AM
Pruitt would have been 100x better than Moorehead in hindsight.

Our defense would be really good under Pruitt. Could our offense be any worse?

Dawg61
09-30-2018, 09:31 AM
Our defense would be really good under Pruitt. Could our offense be any worse?

Pruitt is terrible. Fulmer just biting his time before he can make his glorious fat return.