PDA

View Full Version : Just back.....

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 09:43 PM
I haven't looked at the game thread nor do I intend to. Here are my observations.

1: Great job Bulldog nation. You did your part. It was a massive crowd and it was jacked. The booing of the offense was distasteful...... but completely understandable.
2. Florida isn't a good football team but they play within themselves.
3. I don't think our defense is a world beater but it certainly played well enough to win this game. There are some games coming up where that won't be the case.
4. There is just no other way to put it, the offense is terrible. It looks to me like we are trying to put a square peg in a round hole. What we are doing depends on a skill set that our group as a whole just does not have. It's obvious that the line does not comprehend their assignments in the RPO. We are not consistent enough, on either end, to be able to hit the downfield stuff against defenses with a pulse. It's the same thing I posted about after SFA and KSU. We were able to move the ball on them because we just had way more talented players, WAY more talented. Even in those most of what we were doing was hitting big plays. We rarely sustained a drive. We are built to run a power running spread. If we don't get back to that more, we may not win another game.
5. I wasn't nearly as optimistic as most of you were coming in but even I thought that we would win at least 8 games. That's out. In all honesty right now I see 5 as he ceiling. We may not get to that.
6. If Moorhead doesn't adapt to something more in line with the the type of players we have, and most likely will have, he won't be here long. JWS and Mullen did it. He can too, if he just will. He is going to have to take REAL charge of some things too I think. That's as far as I'll go down that line.
7. I'll be honest, after last week I pretty much expected this. It's still extremely disappointing. This team is better than this, we saw that last year. It's pretty much the same team.

biscuit
09-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Spot on

Commercecomet24
09-29-2018, 09:49 PM
Not much to argue with there. My head hurts from watching that game

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 10:25 PM
One more, the team did not do the alma mater after the game or shake hands with Florida ......very bad sign.

Randolph Dupree
09-29-2018, 11:02 PM
Been trying to organize my thoughts since I got back, but I think you did that for me. Great post.

For those wanting to fire JoMo at the end of the year, we may not have to. He may quit. If you listened to the post game, the guy sounds beaten and unless something changes that's only going to get worse.

A lot of folks around me were wanting to see KT come in. Honestly, that may not be a bad idea. Sometimes you need a spark and that might be the spark we need, truth is I think Fitz is a head case. Kid has a cannon for an arm and all the physical qualities just not sure he has it between the ears.

I know I will get crucified for this but Aerias Williams needs to be the back over KH. Hill's blocking is a liability.

Why 17 can we not punt a ball further than 35 yards? My 10 year old averages 30 yards a punt.

For those calling out Cohen for his poor hires, you shouldn't. Cann was a meat head but new baseball, with the right developing he had potential to be a gear coach. Nobody would've predicted his situation. JoMo is very highly thought of in the football world. If he flops, he flops, but there is nothing that would've predicted that. If we do move on from him, I like the LSU DC.

That's all I got for right now. I'll probably think of other stuff later.

dawgday166
09-29-2018, 11:08 PM
One more, the team did not do the alma mater after the game or shake hands with Florida ......very bad sign.

Yes ... it is.

I'm starting to think a few things along this line somewhat:
1) He came in telling everyone how great they were. They believed it and press clipping backed it up.
2) He ain't working them hard at all as far as technique, fundamentals, scheme, watching film.
3) He may have hurt team (moral) some when he sat Aeris in favor of Hill. Aeris is better back all day, every day.
4) He coddled Guidry way too much.

parabrave
09-29-2018, 11:18 PM
Number 4 is spot on. This is the SEC where you have to run the ball effectively. That big 10 chunk it isn't going to work against the Speed that our def line have.

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 11:19 PM
I'm hearing 2 is the root of the whole thing. From what I hear we do not hit or tackle in practice, ever. 3 is quite obvious, the body language and the blocking for Hill vs Aries is night and day. Aries is just better. I too wanted Hill because he does have breakaway speed, but he is so much worse at everything else. I see why he started last year now.

dawgday166
09-29-2018, 11:24 PM
I'm hearing 2 is the root of the whole thing. From what I hear we do not hit or tackle in practice, ever. 3 is quite obvious, the body language and the blocking for Hill vs Aries is night and day. Aries is just better. I too wanted Hill because he does have breakaway speed, but he is so much worse at everything else. I see why he started last year now.

Now I understand why our back 7 on D looks so much worse than last year in tackling. We've been lucky so far with who we've played. No QB and WRs that can really hurt us too much downfield. FLs & KYs receivers were blocking the hell out of our DBs tonight tho. Our DBs are weak.

It's gonna get UGLY.

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 11:28 PM

Alma mater after a loss... who does that. We have lots of issues and that is like number 100067100234. I want them to be pissed and bale

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 11:29 PM

No... Mullen just liked the older guys***

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 12:04 AM
Alma mater after a loss... who does that. We have lots of issues and that is like number 100067100234. I want them to be pissed and bale

Lots of teams, the service academies for sure. That isn't about winning or losing. It's about respect for yourself, your teammates, your university, and your alumni. It perfectly jibes with things I'm hearing. This may be about to become a total train wreck.

TALL DAWG
09-30-2018, 12:20 AM
Yes ... it is.

I'm starting to think a few things along this line somewhat:
1) He came in telling everyone how great they were. They believed it and press clipping backed it up.
2) He ain't working them hard at all as far as technique, fundamentals, scheme, watching film.
3) He may have hurt team (moral) some when he sat Aeris in favor of Hill. Aeris is better back all day, every day.
4) He coddled Guidry way too much.

5) WHY IN THE HAIL...WHEN WE GET MOMENTUM ON OFFENSE....DO WE HAVE TO RUN THE CLOCK DOWN TO ONLY 2-3 SECONDS LEFT...BEFORE SNAPPING BALL?? TOTALLY KILLS MOMENTUEM PLUS...GIVES THE DEFENSE TIME TO REGROUP BEFORE WE SNAP IT AGAIN.
I VOTE TO SCREW THAT...AND GO UPTEMPO....BY SNAPPING THE BALL WITH....20-25 SECS ON CLOCK....UNLESS ITS IN 4th QUARTER AND...WE HAVE A BIG LEAD...AND NEED TO RUN CLOCK...!

EngDawg
09-30-2018, 12:25 AM

It?s just another symptom of a much bigger disease. Mullen?s teams always sang the Alma Mater with the rest of the student body and gave everyone high fives field level. Even after getting beat 5 gozillion to 10 they still did this. It shows respect and appreciation to the fans who stick around, respect for yourself, and respect for your team mates. Leaving without doing it felt like the team just didn?t care and wanted to get out of the pads as quickly as possible.

munk_munk92
09-30-2018, 01:19 AM
It's just so damn frustrating when we know this team is better and should be undefeated and ranked top 10 right now. We should have beat kentucky and florida by 3 TDs each. Very disappointed in Moorhead. I honestly thought we may have upgraded based on effort in recruiting and his supposedly offensive skills. Man it sucks really really bad.

Goldendawg
09-30-2018, 01:31 AM

But they looked like they were having fun at the water park.*** Will be hard to close Pandora's box after the discipline was let out.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 01:34 AM
But they looked like they were having fun at the water park.*** Will be hard to close Pandora's box after the discipline was let out.

Yep. It ain't supposed to be fun, except when you win.

Goldendawg
09-30-2018, 01:34 AM
Now I understand why our back 7 on D looks so much worse than last year in tackling. We've been lucky so far with who we've played. No QB and WRs that can really hurt us too much downfield. FLs & KYs receivers were blocking the hell out of our DBs tonight tho. Our DBs are weak.

It's gonna get UGLY.

Food for thought: many here have stated what a great recruiter and CB coach TBuck is, but why so much trouble at this position after all his years here?

dawgday166
09-30-2018, 01:40 AM
Food for thought: many here have stated what a great recruiter and CB coach TBuck is, but why so much trouble at this position after all his years here?

Yea ... I know. I've said before Deshea Townsend is better DB coach than TBuck. Our DBs in general lack good ball skills. They can be right beside the receiver and over half the time the receiver catches the damn ball.