PDA

View Full Version : 11 yards in the 4th QUARTER... and 2.... TWO rushing attempts in the 2nd half!

Coach007
09-29-2018, 09:37 PM
YEAH... It's the FRIGGIN players fault!

msstate7
09-29-2018, 09:48 PM
I really want Moorhead fired

DownwardDawg
09-29-2018, 09:51 PM
I really want Moorhead fired

Me too.

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 09:55 PM
He's in way over his head in this league.

BulldogBear
09-29-2018, 09:56 PM
We gained more yards from penalties 4th quarter than actual executio.

MarketingBully
09-29-2018, 09:57 PM
That is on Fitz!!!! He makes the checks at the line. He’s not looking to Moorhead. The QB has a ton of autonomy in this system. If we are going to continue to play Fitz, here’s an idea. Don’t let him audible and simplify the system to the point where it’s easy as hell for him to comprehend. He’s running this offense worse then Tyler Russell ran Mullen’s system. Ironically if we had Russell, we’d be undefeated right now because he could actually pass.

msstate7
09-29-2018, 09:57 PM
He's in way over his head in this league.

He's awesome, brah... thank God mullen gone

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 09:59 PM

Mullen left on his own, bruh. Unfortunately we didn't hire a coach that could hold his clipboard.

msstate7
09-29-2018, 10:01 PM
Mullen left on his own, bruh. Unfortunately we didn't hire a coach that could hold his clipboard.

You right. Gotta figure part of Mullen leavivng was our stupid ass fan base calling him country club and such

WinningIsRelentless
09-29-2018, 10:02 PM
That is on Fitz!!!! He makes the checks at the line. He’s not looking to Moorhead. The QB has a ton of autonomy in this system. If we are going to continue to play Fitz, here’s an idea. Don’t let him audible and simplify the system to the point where it’s easy as hell for him to comprehend. He’s running this offense worse then Tyler Russell ran Mullen’s system. Ironically if we had Russell, we’d be undefeated right now because he could actually pass.

You have lost your mind. JOMO calls all the checks.

KOdawg1
09-29-2018, 10:03 PM
Dude let it go. With a new coach, comes new excitement and of course we're gonna talk it up as upgrading. Was that premature? Yeah probably. But you posting shit like that every other post is annoying as hell. We get it. Mullen was a good coach.

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 10:03 PM
You right. Gotta figure part of Mullen leavivng was our stupid ass fan base calling him country club and such

Jesus Christ, the man was shopping his ass around since the first 17ing year. You really think we ran Mullen off? Damn, man.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 10:12 PM
Jesus Christ, the man was shopping his ass around since the first 17ing year. You really think we ran Mullen off? Damn, man.

He was playing the game. Plan and simple.

Now I know you will say you would rather lose and have somebody that wanted to be here as an excuse, but Mullen, LIKE EVERY HC was looking to be paid knowing that FAN BASES turn on them and they get fired during lean years.

And from the talk around here, we wanted him gone because of it. NOT because he was losing, but we thought we could do better and he wanted more

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 10:43 PM
Again. Wrong.

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 10:44 PM
You have lost your mind. JOMO calls all the checks.

This is correct.

Coursesuper
09-29-2018, 10:48 PM

Even if true, they are asking the kid to do things he isn't prepared to do. That's not doing your job and putting your players in a position to succeed and win the game. They are only putting him in a position to fail.

MarketingBully
09-29-2018, 10:49 PM
Ahh yes, JoMo called the play for Fitz just to hold it on 4th down while Grantham sent nine and he stared down the guy who had to run 19 yards to sack him. Yeah, that’s on Moorhead even though Moorhead was yelling at Fitz to drop the ball off. Had he thrown the ball to his right or left off to one of his receivers the game would have been tied. But alas, keep blaming JoMo and not Fitz who can’t throw for shit and literally is slow as shit getting the checks in and getting the plays ready to go.

MarketingBully
09-29-2018, 10:51 PM
Even if true, they are asking the kid to do things he isn't prepared to do. That's not doing your job and putting your players in a position to succeed and win the game. They are only putting him in a position to fail.

He can’t do shit and JoMo doesn’t trust him to make plays either. He’s not the QB he was last year mentally or physically.

Coursesuper
09-29-2018, 11:05 PM
He can’t do shit and JoMo doesn’t trust him to make plays either. He’s not the QB he was last year mentally or physically.

If "JOMO" doesn't trust him he sure as shit keeps running his ass back out there.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 11:12 PM
Ahh yes, JoMo called the play for Fitz just to hold it on 4th down while Grantham sent nine and he stared down the guy who had to run 19 yards to sack him. Yeah, that’s on Moorhead even though Moorhead was yelling at Fitz to drop the ball off. Had he thrown the ball to his right or left off to one of his receivers the game would have been tied. But alas, keep blaming JoMo and not Fitz who can’t throw for shit and literally is slow as shit getting the checks in and getting the plays ready to go.

Blaming him because it's his job. The things that you stated still fall on JoMo. It was Jomo who should have known that Grantham was going to blitz. It was Jomo that left Hill who can not pick up blocks rather than the proven guy from last year.. That is indeed on the coach.

BTW, It's not Fitz who is slow getting checks in and getting the plays ready to go. He is, by design of the HC, setting the formation called and then making the checks per the sideline. Period.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 11:14 PM

Yet he was a Heisman candidate. Do you hear yourself? He doesn't trust his Heisman candidate QB.

What does that tell you about the 3 behind him?

Coach007
09-29-2018, 11:14 PM
If "JOMO" doesn't trust him he sure as shit keeps running his ass back out there.

Which is coaching.... again.

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 11:16 PM

So the guy that was our qb last year, and we ran like crazy and passed better than this year, same guy same team and we suck this year. One difference, the coach. You tell me. I'll hang up and listen.........

Coursesuper
09-29-2018, 11:17 PM

Exactly. He's putting the kid in position to fail, and now his confidence is shot. Fitz wasn't exactly what you call accurate before but now he couldn't throw the football in the ocean if he had to.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2018, 11:18 PM

What really sucked on that play is we had a guy in the middle of the field WIDE. ASS. OPEN. Literally no one within 30 yards of him. Complete busted coverage. Assuming Fitz threw it to him and he caught it guy could have bear crawled to the end zone and made it.

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 11:18 PM

What's worse is, I've had MULTIPLE staff members tell me that KT doesn't get Jomos offense at all!! And he's beyond confused

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 11:22 PM
What's worse is, I've had MULTIPLE staff members tell me that KT doesn't get Jomos offense at all!! And he's beyond confused

I don't think we have to worry about KT. That Shrader kid will probably start. He's Joe's QB for his offense. Joe knows he can't trot out a bumfuzzled KT for two years. He'll ride Shrader his freshman year.

ScoobaDawg
09-29-2018, 11:22 PM
What really sucked on that play is we had a guy in the middle of the field WIDE. ASS. OPEN. Literally no one within 30 yards of him. Complete busted coverage. Assuming Fitz threw it to him and he caught it guy could have bear crawled to the end zone and made it.

Fitz is not a good passing QB and never will be, he's horrible at reading coverage's like that and his passes are constantly off target.
No worries though guys.. he's got 12 school records and is about to break tebow's sec record...

MarketingBully
09-29-2018, 11:35 PM
So the guy that was our qb last year, and we ran like crazy and passed better than this year, same guy same team and we suck this year. One difference, the coach. You tell me. I'll hang up and listen.........

That was all pre the gruesome injury. This year he has played like absolute shit and has regressed both mentally and physically. Even Cole Cublic noticed it from last week and literally stated on the radio yesterday if Fitz is healthy and has nothing wrong with him we’d win. Well folks, I think Fitz isn’t 100% and he definitely has regressed both mentally and physically.

Dawgs87
09-29-2018, 11:36 PM
To whomever locked the other thread, you can't run from the truth.

Fitz had 20 carries for 32 yards. Vs Kentucky Fitz had 16 carries for 20 yards. Fitz has 7 less carries (50 for 286) on the YEAR than Aeris and Kylin COMBINED (57 for 445) and he was suspended for the first game. Fitz's amazing 1.8 ypc to compliment his 41% 3.8 yards per completion passing effort. That's laughably bad.

Over the last 2 games, Fitz has 36 carries for 52 yards. Kylin and Aeris COMBINED have 24 carries for 108. Why aren't we giving the rock the our playmakers? It's got to be bad scheme/gameplan.

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 11:37 PM
That was all pre the gruesome injury. This year he has played like absolute shit and has regressed both mentally and physically. Even Cole Cublic noticed it from last week and literally stated on the radio yesterday if Fitz is healthy and has nothing wrong with him we’d win. Well folks, I think Fitz isn’t 100% and he definitely has regressed both mentally and physically.

Then he should be benched if that's the case.

MarketingBully
09-29-2018, 11:40 PM
To whomever locked the other thread, you can't run from the truth.

Fitz had 20 carries for 32 yards. Vs Kentucky Fitz had 16 carries for 20 yards. Fitz has 7 less carries (50 for 286) on the YEAR than Aeris and Kylin COMBINED (57 for 445) and he was suspended for the first game. Fitz's amazing 1.8 ypc to compliment his 41% 3.8 yards per completion passing effort. That's laughably bad.

Over the last 2 games, Fitz has 36 carries for 52 yards. Kylin and Aeris COMBINED have 24 carries for 108. Why aren't we giving the rock the our playmakers? It's got to be bad scheme/gameplan.

I’m just not sold at all that Fitz is the guy to run this system. He just isnt. It’s also extremely concerning that it was two defensive guys last week that held the players only meeting and not Fitz.

Lord McBuckethead
09-29-2018, 11:43 PM
He can?t do shit and JoMo doesn?t trust him to make plays either. He?s not the QB he was last year mentally or physically.

If that is true, let Key play. Let fitz carry the ball every down until he breaks the record and start on next season. Key needs game reps. 0-2 in the SEC, it's over. None of our goals are in our reach. Sec West, nope. SEC championship, nope. CFP, nope. Revenge against FL and then UM, nope.

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 11:45 PM

Yep. McKeen all over again.

Dawgs87
09-29-2018, 11:46 PM
Forgot to mention over the last 2 games he's 27 of 58 passing for a whopping 226 yards. 0 TD, 1 INT.

An offense that presumably only upgraded in talent since last year went from averaging 400 yards per game to barely scraping over 200 vs SEC competition. I wonder where the problem might lie? Don't get me wrong, I like what JoMo says. But what is the product he's producing? It's not good by any standard. And, IMO I would have personally made Fitz earn back the starting role instead of slapping a C on his Uni and letting him make me long for the days 17 Tyson Lee.

If Fitz finishes the season as the starter, I hope y'all realize the best we can hope for is 5-7.

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 11:47 PM
Fitz is not a good passing QB and never will be, he's horrible at reading coverage's like that and his passes are constantly off target.
No worries though guys.. he's got 12 school records and is about to break tebow's sec record...

Yep, and we are playing a scheme that makes his obvious weaknesses even worse. When we play to his strengths he does well.

MarketingBully
09-29-2018, 11:48 PM
Forgot to mention over the last 2 games he's 27 of 58 passing for a whopping 226 yards. 0 TD, 1 INT.

An offense that presumably only upgraded in talent since last year went from averaging 400 yards per game to barely scraping over 200 vs SEC competition. I wonder where the problem might lie? Don't get me wrong, I like what JoMo says. But what is the product he's producing? It's not good by any standard. And, IMO I would have personally made Fitz earn back the starting role instead of slapping a C on his Uni and letting him make me long for the days 17 Tyson Lee.

If Fitz finishes the season as the starter, I hope y'all realize the best we can hope for is 5-7.

Agree completely. If Fitz stays the starter, 5-7 is my pick as well.

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 11:48 PM

The offensive line quite obviously doesn't get it either. This WAS a good offensive line last year. It's not now.

bobtail bob
09-29-2018, 11:49 PM
You know they had to see how inaccurate Fitz was when they were installing the offense. And to trot him out there anyway slinging the ball around lime Dan Marino. They had to. know this shit wouldn't fly in the SEC

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 11:50 PM

Fitz ain't the problem. Ask him to do what he can do and he is great. Ask him to do what we are doing this year....and he isn't. And we all knew that, except apparently for this staff.

CJDAWG85
09-29-2018, 11:50 PM
So it was his fault Mitchell drops the ball that we probably go up 13-3??? Some of you ****s need to get off the keyboard.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 11:54 PM

And if Key is the starter we are way worse.

Dawgs87
09-29-2018, 11:55 PM
I watched the D give up last week. There's no problem on D other than spending way too much time on the field. But, after doing nothing the entire game, Fitz throws the pick in the 4th. Hell, I felt like the game was over. What evidence was there that the offense could do anything at all other that jump offside? I felt the exact same way today when the 4th Q rolled around and I watch him trot back out. I think we were on the 10. I told my friends, "I have never stopped watching an MSU game before the clock hits 00:00, but I can't do it. There is no reason to expect any other result." What happens? Fitz holds the ball too long and gets sacked on 1st down. All I could do was laugh. I was at Scott Field when we won the West by beating Arkansas. I was in Death Valley when we beat LSU at Night in Tiger Stadium. I was in Scott Field when we embarrassed Jesse Palmer and Steve Spurrier and I was at Scott Field when we beat Auburn as the #3 team in the country in 2014. I've been through the Troy loss, the Maine loss, the UAB loss. Many many sad and horrible, embarrassing losses as an MSU fan, but I have not once ever felt like this. I've never seen a team with so much NFL talent underachieve to this degree.

FYI: The D spent nearly 19 minutes of the 30 minute 2nd half on the field.

MarketingBully
09-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Yep, and we are playing a scheme that makes his obvious weaknesses even worse. When we play to his strengths he does well.

You guys once again still don’t get it. We have plays that are base run or pass out of our system and once again we had run plays called where Fitz threw it. Who makes the final decision in this? The QB not the coach. That’s why this system is a very QB friendly system because the QB has a lot of autonomy to make calls. Think of it like the triple option where you can pitch it to one of two backs or run it yourself. Well in this system, you can hand it off, you can run, you can pass. In the hands of a true dual threat QB (like McSorley) this offense shines. In the hands of a guy who can’t pass worth a shit, it looks like shit. We certainly have a lot of issues not just Fitz but having a guy who can’t pass greatly reduces the effectiveness of this offense. Are you guys getting it now?

MarketingBully
09-29-2018, 11:57 PM
And if Key is the starter we are way worse.

I could see us at 6-6 with wins over La Tech, Arkansas, OM,

Dawgs87
09-29-2018, 11:57 PM
@CJDawg85 I will grant you that that might have been the best pass he has and will ever throw in his entire career. Doesn't excuse 41%completions at 3.8 yards per completion and 20 carries averaging 1.8 ypc.

Dawgs87
09-29-2018, 11:59 PM
@Coach007 Post#42
Can you show me a QB worse than 27 of 58 passing for 226 yards. 0 TD, 1 INT with 36 carries for 52 yards over a 2 game span? I'm interested what company that puts us in.

*Sorry guys, I got carried away and didn't hit reply. Forgive me i'm passionate and I've wasted 7 hours over the last week dedicated to MSU football only to be rewarded with 1 glorious TD.

Coursesuper
09-30-2018, 12:05 AM

I'm sorry but even if KT is at the helm this team may not win even one more game. This team is very fragile right now it will only take a nudge to push them over the edge, and that nudge is going to be a kick in the ass skull dragging next week that the Auburn tigers are going to administer on the turf of Scott Field. After that it's Katy bar the door it's over.

Coach007
09-30-2018, 12:07 AM

LMAO!

This guy is in over his head in the SEC...

He ran our RBs 2 times in the WHOLE of the second half. To be clear... that's 2 rushing attempts in all of the 3rd and 4th quarters combined.

He has effectively BENCHED an 1100 plush yard rusher who can block for a "chance" at breaking one with a RB who does not understand HOW to block to help your QB. Fitz was planted over 5 times strictly due to the COACH's decision to play HILL over a 1100 yard rusher who can block. THAT SHOULD SIGNAL TO YOU THAT IF HE FELT KEY WAS BETTER HE WOULD BE PLAYING HIM CONSIDERING HE HAS BENCHED WILLIAMS FOR HILL

Dawgs87
09-30-2018, 12:08 AM
Think about this: How does top level NFL draft talent play for bad college teams? Think Jadaveon Clowney and Leonard Fournette. Don't expect the same things from Sweat and Simmons going forward.

TUSK
09-30-2018, 12:11 AM
I'm sorry but even if KT is at the helm this team may not win even one more game. This team is very fragile right now it will only take a nudge to push them over the edge, and that nudge is going to be a kick in the ass skull dragging next week that the Auburn tigers are going to administer on the turf of Scott Field. After that it's Katy bar the door it's over.

I think y'all can beat AU at home, but Gus is coaching for his job, at this point...

Those crazy phuckers will wire $30 Mil to the Starkville WalMart and tell him to stay his ass there if he gets embarrassed...

Get ready for a lot of fly sweeps....

Dawgs87
09-30-2018, 12:13 AM
Fitz was planted because he does not have the ability to read defenses and has never thrown a completed pass in his career with less than 5 seconds of solid protection in the pocket. Watch a good QB with a decent OL. He will never be sacked in less than 5 seconds. He does not throw receivers open. He does not lead receivers. He cannot throw timing routes. He cannot throw back shoulders. He routinely throws 5 yard passes at 100mph. He's not a passer. And over the last two weeks he's rushed 36 times averaging 1.5 ypc.

But I agree, both RBs have effectively been benched.

Coursesuper
09-30-2018, 12:17 AM
I think y'all can beat AU at home, but Gus is coaching for his job, at this point...

Those crazy phuckers will wire $30 Mil to the Starkville WalMart and tell him to stay his ass there if he gets embarrassed...

Get ready for a lot of fly sweeps....

Auburn is competently coached with good talent. We are not, period.

Reunion Dog
09-30-2018, 12:19 AM
did you go to game?

Coursesuper
09-30-2018, 12:28 AM
did you go to game?

Nope, playing in the Slavic invitational this weekend, and I'm not waisting a four hour drive up there to witness any of this shat live.

TUSK
09-30-2018, 12:53 AM
Auburn is competently coached with good talent. We are not, period.

They have more talent, but their coaching lacking this year... horribly... They get "delay of game" penalties out of commercial breaks and time outs...

They are doing the same "check with me" horseshit.... Stidham has overtly shown his frustration multiple times.

It's a winnable game if y'all can defend the perimeter & run on the perimeter.