PDA

View Full Version : How Soon Can We Realistically....

Doggie_Style
09-29-2018, 09:10 PM
.....send Moorhead and Shoop packing....those Ivy League idiots are incompetent

Todd4State
09-29-2018, 09:10 PM
End of the year?

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:11 PM
Some on here will give you some BS reasons why but at the end of the day we can do it whenever we damn well please

KOdawg1
09-29-2018, 09:11 PM
End of the year?
Should be that way, but I think he gets 2 years

Todd4State
09-29-2018, 09:12 PM
Should be that way, but I think he gets 2 years

You're probably right but I get the vibe that the support isn't there.

firejomo
09-29-2018, 09:13 PM
https://firejomo.com/

Coach007
09-29-2018, 09:15 PM

2 years... Including this one.

And by that time, we will have the pleasure of a depleted team. Remember the new transfer rules. That means a very LONG route back to the middle of the pack because the REST of the SEC is stepping forward.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-29-2018, 09:15 PM
How many head coaches get canned after one year? What makes us the exception that can do that?

IMissJack
09-29-2018, 09:16 PM
The only way MSU could pull this off is to have a guarenteed top fliight proven coach signed up and ready to go. Otherwise recruiting goes to hell.

Activated Alpha
I'm calling it, outside of Ark, state won't win an SEC game

Bothrops
November 2019. Who would we hire? There aren't many coaches out there that can be successful in the SEC, and even fewer that would be successful at Mississippi State. The odds of us hiring a coach that could win here is small.

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 09:17 PM
Seriously though, we go 4-8 or 5-7 it should be a real possibility. We handed him a top 15 team on a silver platter.

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:18 PM

Thats a pretty easy prediction at this point. Luke will have the OM kids fired up for the egg and Moorhead will have a lead at half then screw the pooch

preachermatt83
Mike leach

Statecoachingblows**
Whenever it happens....SPEND MONEY...just a thought

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 09:19 PM

Don't underestimate our ever sinking level of failure. We lose to Ark at home that should be a firing offense for sure.

msstate7
09-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Mike leach

Another clown. We don't need clowns

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 09:20 PM
Mike leach

No.

Todd4State
09-29-2018, 09:21 PM

And place a real emphasis on recruiting.

DownwardDawg
Thats a pretty easy prediction at this point. Luke will have the OM kids fired up for the egg and Moorhead will have a lead at half then screw the pooch

Lol. No way we lead at halftime against them. They can score on a few bombs. We cannot.

Todd4State
November 2019. Who would we hire? There aren't many coaches out there that can be successful in the SEC, and even fewer that would be successful at Mississippi State. The odds of us hiring a coach that could win here is small.

Neal Brown.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-29-2018, 09:22 PM
As bothrops said, "who would we hire"? An unproven G5 coach? An unproven coordinator? Who would take the job when they know that they literally won't get to have a fill recruiting cycle before being fired if year 1 is bad? That's a standard even Tennessee isn't putting on Pruitt. FSU probably won't fire Taggart and they have way more money than us. I'm not saying Moorhead is the guy, but to fire him you do have to answer "who do you replace him with?"

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-29-2018, 09:24 PM
Neal Brown.

Neil Brown will have P5 offers this year that don't came with a "win in year one or you're gone" standard. No team does that.

NCDawg
09-29-2018, 09:30 PM
Neal Brown.

Should have hired him in the first place.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-29-2018, 09:32 PM
Another clown. We don't need clowns

I would take Leach yesterday over the clowns we got. Bring on the Pirate!

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-29-2018, 09:33 PM
As bothrops said, "who would we hire"? An unproven G5 coach? An unproven coordinator? Who would take the job when they know that they literally won't get to have a fill recruiting cycle before being fired if year 1 is bad? That's a standard even Tennessee isn't putting on Pruitt. FSU probably won't fire Taggart and they have way more money than us. I'm not saying Moorhead is the guy, but to fire him you do have to answer "who do you replace him with?"
Exactly

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:34 PM
Mike leach

His offense is extremely simple

Todd4State
09-29-2018, 09:34 PM
Neil Brown will have P5 offers this year that don't came with a "win in year one or you're gone" standard. No team does that.

Then we need to come up with a scandal to get rid of him. Where's is Lee Begley?

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:36 PM

No other teams were as stacked as ours did. Nobody told him win the west or you're gone. We told him be competent or you're gone. He's not.

I remember reading a lot of 6-6 and he should be fired predictions on this board

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:37 PM
I would take Leach yesterday over the clowns we got. Bring on the Pirate!

We would win. Idk if we would ever win big big but we would be a consistent winner and would score. Defense would worry me

Dawgfan77
09-29-2018, 09:38 PM
How many head coaches get canned after one year? What makes us the exception that can do that?
Don?t play into that process this ain?t 1990. Coaches and agents knew what joe was stepping into. We fire him at the EOY cause he couldn?t win with the talent we have. It?s gonna have to be done. We can not afford to keep him. Hell with the investment in Starkville Cohn can it afford to keep joe.
So no he doesn?t deserve the time and he doesn?t deserve this job. I would make a move Monday and promote HUD as interm

RocketDawg
09-29-2018, 09:38 PM

May not have it to spend. Losing means donations drop, perhaps dramatically.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 09:45 PM
Mike leach

I'll support this under one condition. We build a Goonies Pirate ship and put it in the stadium complete with cannons like the Tampa Bay Bucs have. Also minimum of 10,000 MSU fans must dress as pirates for home games.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-29-2018, 09:55 PM
No other teams were as stacked as ours did. Nobody told him win the west or you're gone. We told him be competent or you're gone. He's not.

I remember reading a lot of 6-6 and he should be fired predictions on this board

Again, you're laying out the case to fire Moorhead, not that we have someone lined up. I'm not firing Moorhead after 1 year to replace him with Dooley or Croom. We have to have someone with a reasonable shot at turning out, else ride Moorhead and hope he fixes his flaws.

Again though, name me any team that fires it's coaches after year 1. Nebraska will go 2-10 this year. FSU won't make a bowl. Tennessee will win 3 games. UCLA hasn't won yet. Arkansas will go 3-9 assuming they can win a conference game. Most of these teams recruit better than us and have no business begin that bad. Most of them have way more money than us to handle buyouts and new salaries. Nobody is being fired though. There is a reason for it- you'd never get a coach with options to take the job again.

smootness
09-29-2018, 09:58 PM

These situations aren't even close to comparable. Tennessee won 0 SEC games last year.

msstate7
09-29-2018, 09:59 PM
These situations aren't even close to comparable. Tennessee won 0 SEC games last year.

Don't disturb the Moorhead apologists

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 10:01 PM
Don't disturb the Moorhead apologists

He hasn't coached enough games to even have apologists yet.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-29-2018, 10:05 PM
Don?t play into that process this ain?t 1990. Coaches and agents knew what joe was stepping into. We fire him at the EOY cause he couldn?t win with the talent we have. It?s gonna have to be done. We can not afford to keep him. Hell with the investment in Starkville Cohn can it afford to keep joe.
So no he doesn?t deserve the time and he doesn?t deserve this job. I would make a move Monday and promote HUD as interm

It ain't 1990, and still no other program fires their coach after one season aside from USM going 0fer with Ellis Johnson. So again, what makes us different from literally any other program in the nation that would allow us to get away with doing that?

msstate7
09-29-2018, 10:06 PM
He hasn't coached enough games to even have apologists yet.

I hope he doesn't at MSU

Cooterpoot
09-29-2018, 10:15 PM
The Rick Ray of football.

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 10:16 PM

Somebody else needs to go first.

Dawgfan77
09-29-2018, 10:21 PM
It ain't 1990, and still no other program fires their coach after one season aside from USM going 0fer with Ellis Johnson. So again, what makes us different from literally any other program in the nation that would allow us to get away with doing that?
Your not understanding the levity of the situation. If we end up 5-7 or worse (I think we end up 4-8) that?s the equivalent of going 0-12 considering the talent level add in the fact we would be at best 1-7 in SEC. then factor in the loss of revenue and ROI from investors in Starkville. Once you put all those things together you really cannot afford to keep him

FriarsPoint
09-29-2018, 10:27 PM
Your not understanding the levity of the situation. If we end up 5-7 or worse (I think we end up 4-8) that?s the equivalent of going 0-12 considering the talent level add in the fact we would be at best 1-7 in SEC. then factor in the loss of revenue and ROI from investors in Starkville. Once you put all those things together you really cannot afford to keep him

There it is. It?s a business folks. You have to feed the beast. You do yourself more damage by trying to let him dig out than cutting your losses. And all this shit about ?what coach will want the job???? Boo hoo? I?ll fing tell you. Somebody with balls that knows it can lead to 5 million at some point.

civildawg
09-29-2018, 10:28 PM
Bring on the Lane train

FriarsPoint
09-29-2018, 10:31 PM
Bring on the Lane train

He’d take it. I think. But, if it was me and I was single, you’d have to throw some serious money at me to get me away from all the ass running around Boca.

Dawgfan77
09-29-2018, 10:34 PM
Bring on the Lane train

Let?s be real. Neal Brown would be my one A followed by Mat Candel at Toledo as 1 B. 2 million a year and a great staff budget.

BrunswickDawg
09-29-2018, 10:40 PM
I’m sure Kyle Wittingham would take the job. Someone said they heard that from him directly.***

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-29-2018, 11:02 PM

There it is. It?s a business folks. You have to feed the beast. You do yourself more damage by trying to let him dig out than cutting your losses. And all this shit about ?what coach will want the job???? Boo hoo? I?ll fing tell you. Somebody with balls that knows it can lead to 5 million at some point.
So firing the coach, and guaranteeing we burn the program to the ground now, rather than giving JoMo the chance to build his program is somehow good for investors or whatever? You can call all the coaches who wouldn?t take our job next year sackless or anything else you like, but firing a coach after one year of implementing a new system would make us crazier than Tennessee. If we go 4-8 then your position is at least arguable. If we go 6-6+ then you?re insane.

Dawgfan77
09-29-2018, 11:08 PM
So firing the coach, and guaranteeing we burn the program to the ground now, rather than giving JoMo the chance to build his program is somehow good for investors or whatever? You can call all the coaches who wouldn?t take our job next year sackless or anything else you like, but firing a coach after one year of implementing a new system would make us crazier than Tennessee. If we go 4-8 then your position is at least arguable. If we go 6-6+ then you?re insane.

Well we ain?t gonna win 6 games. I?m struggling to find one more.
Let me put it another way. In two SEC games we have scored 13 points and amassed a whaling 400 yds of offense in two SEC games. Why does this give you any hope that this guy can get it done.
We are terribly coached

War Machine Dawg
09-29-2018, 11:27 PM
Again, you're laying out the case to fire Moorhead, not that we have someone lined up. I'm not firing Moorhead after 1 year to replace him with Dooley or Croom. We have to have someone with a reasonable shot at turning out, else ride Moorhead and hope he fixes his flaws.

Again though, name me any team that fires it's coaches after year 1. Nebraska will go 2-10 this year. FSU won't make a bowl. Tennessee will win 3 games. UCLA hasn't won yet. Arkansas will go 3-9 assuming they can win a conference game. Most of these teams recruit better than us and have no business begin that bad. Most of them have way more money than us to handle buyouts and new salaries. Nobody is being fired though. There is a reason for it- you'd never get a coach with options to take the job again.

None of those teams are in a comparable situation. The only one you could make an argument for is FSU, because they didn't fire their coach. The others were terrible. JoeMo was handed a top 10, 15 team on a platter. This wasn't a rebuilding project where we'd fired the previous coach for failing. We gave him a cupboard basically overflowing with talent. He said exactly that at his introductory press conference. Our floor this season should've been 9. We'll be extremely lucky to get to 6 now.

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Mike leach

He's never ever coaching here. Ever.

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 11:35 PM
None of those teams are in a comparable situation. The only one you could make an argument for is FSU, because they didn't fire their coach. The others were terrible. JoeMo was handed a top 10, 15 team on a platter. This wasn't a rebuilding project where we'd fired the previous coach for failing. We gave him a cupboard basically overflowing with talent. He said exactly that at his introductory press conference. Our floor this season should've been 9. We'll be extremely lucky to get to 6 now.

Exactly. You hire a CEO that takes a successful company projected to have one of the best years ever and he runs it into the ground the first year. That CEO would be fired.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 11:36 PM
Some on here want to fire Moorhead because he's trying to make our offense do something it can't but then we want to bring in a guy that's an air raid offense guy in Leach?

My god people. Some of you need to call it a night. We can't pass block, Fitz can't throw, and our WRs aren't good, but we should have hired an air raid guy as our head coach. Wow.

Todd4State
09-30-2018, 01:15 AM
Some on here want to fire Moorhead because he's trying to make our offense do something it can't but then we want to bring in a guy that's an air raid offense guy in Leach?

My god people. Some of you need to call it a night. We can't pass block, Fitz can't throw, and our WRs aren't good, but we should have hired an air raid guy as our head coach. Wow.

And they'll still demand that he run the ball ad nauseum.