PDA

View Full Version : You can not get past facts. A 9 win team returning MORE than Mullen left now sucks

Coach007
09-29-2018, 09:02 PM
You can put perfume on it... you can wrap it up and put a pretty bow on it.

In the END Mullen won 9 games with this team and took Bama to the last :34 seconds. This team add a hell of a lot more than it returned. From WRS to Defensive depth with people like Rivers.

Even THIS staff stated this was a 3 deep defense.

Even the NFL is saying there are 6 -10 NFL draft picks on the defense alone.

So stop with the "we just don't have the talent" We do. We don't have the coaching.

On the other hand... Mullen just won MORE games than UF won last year with the same talent they had!

IT's CALLED COACHING

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:07 PM

In the END Mullen won 9 games with this team and took Bama to the last :34 seconds. This team add a hell of a lot more than it returned. From WRS to Defensive depth with people like Rivers.

So stop with the "we just don't have the talent" We do. We don't have the coaching.

On the other hand... Mullen just won MORE games than UF won last year with the same talent they had!

IT's CALLED COACHING

I agree. 2 gloves isnt great either but he isnt incompetent. Moorhead is

msstate7
09-29-2018, 09:08 PM
I agree. 2 gloves isnt great either but he isnt incompetent. Moorhead is

Worst hire ever

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:09 PM
Worst hire ever

Croom went 8-5 with a far less talented team than this.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 09:10 PM
Our defense gave up 13 points. How many guys on offense do we go 3 deep with? How many positions do we go 2 deep with on offense?

Defense is not the issue. Offense, specifically talent on offense and their ability to change what they have done their whole career at MSU is the issue.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Our defense gave up 13 points. How many guys on offense do we go 3 deep with? How many positions do we go 2 deep with on offense?

Defense is not the issue. Offense, specifically talent on offense and their ability to change what they have done their whole career at MSU is the issue.

Not true.

We added a lot of talent on Offense. It's mis management of that talent.

A 1000 plus yard back who CAN pick up blocks on the sideline.

A QB forced to sit in a pocket. with a back who can not pick up blocks.

An offensive scheme that will not work with the players and his OWN WORDS were you adapt to the players. NOT...…

There is no other way to look at it except to say that he has taken the talent we have and the program to build them up and made them worse.

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:23 PM

Our OL, RB's, QB and WRs are plenty good enough to be better than they are tonight. We have regressed. Moorhead is in over his head. Tonight was strike 2. Strike 3 and you're out.

What Im afraid of is people giving him an excuse to lose to Auburn and LSU (neither are that good and both are beatable if we have our shit together) and waiting till losing to La Tech or Arkansas for strike 3. Arkansas may be so bad that it doesnt matter and the egg is on the road so that will be his excuse for that one.

He has got to go

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 09:23 PM
Not true.

We added a lot of talent on Offense. It's mis management of that talent.

A 1000 plus yard back who CAN pick up blocks on the sideline.

A QB forced to sit in a pocket. with a back who can not pick up blocks.

An offensive scheme that will not work with the players and his OWN WORDS were you adapt to the players. NOT...?

There is no other way to look at it except to say that he has taken the talent we have and the program to build them up and made them worse.

So you want Joe Moorhead to be Dan Mullen.

TUSK
09-29-2018, 09:24 PM

IT's CALLED COACHING

I won't comment on the coaching, I'll leave that to y'all, but if the staff and the NFL said what ya say they said, y'all were deceived regarding talent level....

Please don't torch me too badly, JMO....

TrapGame
09-29-2018, 09:25 PM
If we lose to La Tech and Arkansas he needs to be fired. Seriously, no joking.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 09:25 PM

No, I want this staff to live up to the player's abilities.

FriarsPoint
09-29-2018, 09:28 PM
I won't comment on the coaching, I'll leave that to y'all, but if the staff and the NFL said what ya say they said, y'all were deceived regarding talent level....

There?s enough talent on this team to win 8 games. And that?s realistic. With the coaching we have they won?t win 5.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 09:28 PM

Based on what you see now.... I could agree.

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:29 PM

Simmons, Rivers, Abram, McLaurin, Hoyett, Thomas, Dantzler, Gay, all will get a shot in the NFL somwhere if not get drafted.

Moorhead and shoop are slapdicks

Sacrifice
09-29-2018, 09:30 PM

IT's CALLED COACHING

I couldn't agree more, this team probably wins 10 games last year if Fitz stays healthy. Now all of a sudden we can't score a TD. It's coaching!

Red Sox Dawg
09-29-2018, 09:36 PM

Damn, I hate to agree with you, but I think our talent was over stated as well. We played some good games last year, but we also lost a couple by a lot. Nothing special. You aren’t going to win SEC titles with 2 star and 3 star OL’s.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 09:43 PM
Damn, I hate to agree with you, but I think our talent was over stated as well. We played some good games last year, but we also lost a couple by a lot. Nothing special. You aren’t going to win SEC titles with 2 star and 3 star OL’s.

This is the whole thing right here. Our fan base would prefer Moorhead to be like Mullen even though they were cool with Mullen going. Our OL is filled with guys that aren't ever going to play meaningful football after they are gone. We need smarter and better OL as a whole to execute the Joe Mo offense. But as of right now we look awful because we can't do anything.

It's not like we were run blocking particularly well. So for those of you playing at home, we averaged 3.3 yards per carry tonight. So don't act like we were lighting it up. Our OL got owned in every facet of the game.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-29-2018, 09:54 PM
This is the whole thing right here. Our fan base would prefer Moorhead to be like Mullen even though they were cool with Mullen going. Our OL is filled with guys that aren't ever going to play meaningful football after they are gone. We need smarter and better OL as a whole to execute the Joe Mo offense. But as of right now we look awful because we can't do anything.

It's not like we were run blocking particularly well. So for those of you playing at home, we averaged 3.3 yards per carry tonight. So don't act like we were lighting it up. Our OL got owned in every facet of the game.

Good post. We said that we needed a different coaching philosophy from Mullen?s to take the next step as a program. Well we have a different philosophy, and now we?re getting the growing pains that come with it. The issue is the growing pains are coming in a season when we were apparently entitled to a 10-2 season.

TUSK
09-29-2018, 10:25 PM
Simmons, Rivers, Abram, McLaurin, Hoyett, Thomas, Dantzler, Gay, all will get a shot in the NFL somwhere if not get drafted.

Moorhead and shoop are slapdicks

Simmons and Sweats are locks... I like Rivers, too...

I'm not saying y'all don't have better talent than normal, that's a fact... and it's prolly being misused...

DudyDawg
09-29-2018, 10:41 PM
Wonder how different moor perception would be had Osirus Mitchell not spiked that ball into the ground.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-29-2018, 10:42 PM

But here's the thing, this same OL last year gave us way more than 3.3 ypc vs SEC competition, and allowed 13 sacks all year. If they sucked this year because of talent, then they wouldn't have been good. The only thing that's changed is OL coach and scheme. Maybe last year they played as good as they ever could, but the fact is they regressed.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 10:49 PM
But here's the thing, this same OL last year gave us way more than 3.3 ypc vs SEC competition, and allowed 13 sacks all year. If they sucked this year because of talent, then they wouldn't have been good. The only thing that's changed is OL coach and scheme. Maybe last year they played as good as they ever could, but the fact is they regressed.

If I put you in a car you've never driven before, it might take you some time to figure out how it handles even though you've driven for a long time.

I believe this scheme is too hard for our current players to understand and grasp. That's why there are misses by different people at different times. Eiland and Reese are struggling more than others because they are younger than the interior. But even the interior is struggling.

Our problem is execution with terminology and understanding of how to block in this scheme. It's gonna look bad against good competition until they get it. Our players currently don't even have a full year in this scheme.

FriarsPoint
09-29-2018, 10:51 PM
If I put you in a car you've never driven before, it might take you some time to figure out how it handles even though you've driven for a long time.

I believe this scheme is too hard for our current players to understand and grasp. That's why there are misses by different people at different times. Eiland and Reese are struggling more than others because they are younger than the interior. But even the interior is struggling.

Our problem is execution with terminology and understanding of how to block in this scheme. It's gonna look bad against good competition until they get it. Our players currently don't even have a full year in this scheme.

Then it’s a scheme we shouldn’t be running. KISS.

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 10:52 PM

Our defense never got off the field 3 and out. And kept giving up the same play w to a team w a qb that can't run or throw. So yeah, great defensive coordinator. Right.

Rejlector84sports

Any coach who is supposed to be as good as Moorhead was presented to us would understand that what the team had done was successful and trained to continued that way. If he had a different idea on offense it would have worked better after getting players who fit his scheme, not the old one. Until said time the best way to win is to continue doing what's best for this team, not try to make this team something it is not.

As for those who complain about Moorhead out after a year would be unprecedented, the given value of talent that was available for him and previous success gave him a very short rope. If he is such a genius he should know that ANY changes to a scheme that this team has not used was a big risk. His desire to force a change just shows he doesn't understand what made this team successful.

Coach007
Simmons and Sweats are locks... I like Rivers, too...

I'm not saying y'all don't have better talent than normal, that's a fact... and it's prolly being misused...

it's 100% is being misused. and this guy has lost a large % of the fans in the matter of 2 games.

Coach007
09-29-2018, 10:57 PM

Not the same comparison. The comparison would be If I put you in the car to drive, deflate a tire and remove the gas from the tank and then expect you to go somewhere.

If the SCHEME is too hard, then the coach is at fault for forcing them to run it. His words were that they have it implemented. That's coaching. THe reason why Mullen played old RBS is because they understood a complex blocking scheme and could pick up the blitz...…. Our back who understands that is on the damn bench.

TUSK
09-29-2018, 11:03 PM
Is JoMo asking the OL to block differently? It seems they are less physical. Is this "scheme" related?

msstate7
09-29-2018, 11:05 PM
Is JoMo asking the OL to block differently? It seems they are less physical. Is this "scheme" related?

Moorhead is moor of a p*ssy and our team is taking the shape of our HC

DudyDawg
09-29-2018, 11:19 PM
Moorhead is moor of a p*ssy and our team is taking the shape of our HC

Doesn?t help when the ?leader? of your team misses games for his skiing affinity.