PDA

View Full Version : One thing the power in the scrimmages could mean...

smootness
10-14-2013, 07:22 PM
is that the bats don't matter much. Or maybe the Adidas bats are actually better than the Easton bats?

It may not have been as much about money as about performance. I trust that any decision Cohen makes at this point will make us a better baseball program; I'll even trust him until proven otherwise on the atrociousness of the basepath turf.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-14-2013, 07:29 PM
The players tested different bats and chose the Adidas bats

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Doubt it. All these bats are relatively the same. Could mean the pitchers aren't throwing breaking balls in the fall.

messageboardsuperhero
10-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Doubt it. All these bats are relatively the same. Could mean the pitchers aren't throwing breaking balls in the fall.

It probably has a lot to do with this. I don't know that the pitchers aren't allowed to throw curveballs, but I know that they are supposed to be working mostly on one particular skill, so the hitters probably have a good idea about what they are throwing and where it will be located.

smootness
10-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Oh, I'm not saying we'll hit HRs at this rate during the year, or hit this well in general, but I don't remember this many HRs this early last year during the scrimmages.