PDA

View Full Version : Fitz 11-26 for 98 yards.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2018, 08:43 PM
Guess he doesn't need that open spot on the mantle.

Gutter Cobreh
09-29-2018, 08:48 PM
Don't bring stats up in here... they'll get disputed by "feelings" or anger that Moorhead call screens just to improve his completion percentage.

(Screens may not have worked though, as he'd probably air mail those too)

KOdawg1
09-29-2018, 08:49 PM
But, but.. Key wouldn't do any better!!

I tried to tell ya'll. Fitz sucks. All time SEC leading rusher my ass. The guy can't throw a football. He made one good throw all night and it was dropped.

Todd4State
09-29-2018, 08:52 PM
I'm willing to try Key at this point. Fitzgerald to me doesn't deserve to start at this point.

Thick
09-29-2018, 08:53 PM
He was sacked 6 times too

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-29-2018, 08:55 PM
He had 3 drops before the 4th Q. He had a perfectly thrown 55 yard TD dropped. He was sacked 6 times. Let me say that again, HE WAS SACKED SIX TIMES. He was under pressure a ton, WRs honestly were not that open either. They just weren't.

Now to clarify, I agree he completely fell apart in the 4th. He looked like he had no idea what the routs were. he looked like a terrible leader. But those first 3 Qs were not on him. He did good those first 3 given the fact his WRs got little separation, dropped what did get to them, and the OL sucked ass

Most importantly though, he's the best we have. Anyone remember Key completing 40% of his passes vs competition 8 steps below the SEC? Almost all his passes were late, and all of the TDs came on broken coverages. He's a worse runner. Mayden literally can't do a handoff without fumbling, so Fitz is all we have.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2018, 09:02 PM
Fitz is not the QB Moorhead needs for this offense. Again, this goes back to my point of him needing cerebral kids with talent. That's why I think Shrader has a real chance to get action when he comes in because I have a feeling he's going to pick the offense up way better.

We need a thrower that can run, not a runner that can throw. Fitz is the latter.

KOdawg1
09-29-2018, 09:04 PM
Lol you people keep bringing up Keys stats in one game. We've seen 4 games from Fitz and he still sucks. It would not hurt to play Key or at least give him a chance

BrunswickDawg
09-29-2018, 09:05 PM
Fitz is not the QB Moorhead needs for this offense. Again, this goes back to my point of him needing cerebral kids with talent. That's why I think Shrader has a real chance to get action when he comes in because I have a feeling he's going to pick the offense up way better.

We need a thrower that can run, not a runner that can throw. Fitz is the latter.
Doesn't matter how smart the QB is if he has slow, stone hands WR that can't get open

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-29-2018, 09:06 PM
I'm coming around to Fitz being a square peg to Moorhead's round hole of an offense. I'm actually beginning to think Fitz is a custom order peg that could only work in a handful of coach's offenses.

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 09:06 PM
Yall are as smart as Moorhead. If the kid isnt a great passer then dont make the kid throw it to win the game, and help him out with more quick game.

Fitz is the best we got and he is as talented of a QB as we have ever had. He lacks between the ears but he plays hard as hell. Always has. Key is just a younger Nick.

Moorhead is the one yall should be calling for

codeDawg
09-29-2018, 09:07 PM
He was sacked 6 times too

That?s an important stat. The problem is an OL that couldn?t block Matt Luke from getting an extra cookie. Fitz is running for his life.