PDA

View Full Version : Trying to enter the stadium.....

Westdawg
09-29-2018, 04:50 PM
This is by far the worst experience my family and friends have ever had. I have been in line at the southwest corner for 1/2 an hour and I probably still have another 30 mins or more to get in......and it is kickoff in 15 mins.
Not going to plan on going into the stadium over an hour before game time.....not going to subject my 5 and 6 yr olds to this cluster again. Thanks, State.

civildawg
09-29-2018, 04:51 PM
It?s bad. The comfort of my own couch and tv looks better and better

ScottH
09-29-2018, 05:55 PM
Need MSU Pre Check or something similar.

The wait to get in is alienating some fans from attending.

Statecoachingblows**
09-29-2018, 08:00 PM
Hindsight says don't go in!!!

RocketDawg
09-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Why in the world were they having you to raise your arms above your head when going through the metal detector? Maybe it was just the little prick student (he thought he was a real cop) manning our line ... but raising your arms is ridiculous. That's not even required at an airport.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2018, 08:53 PM
Why in the world were they having you to raise your arms above your head when going through the metal detector? Maybe it was just the little prick student (he thought he was a real cop) manning our line ... but raising your arms is ridiculous. That's not even required at an airport.

No. They have made you do that every time. The BS security paired with the BS product on the field makes my 50" flatscreen look better and better.

Pollodawg
09-29-2018, 09:05 PM
This is by far the worst experience my family and friends have ever had. I have been in line at the southwest corner for 1/2 an hour and I probably still have another 30 mins or more to get in......and it is kickoff in 15 mins.
Not going to plan on going into the stadium over an hour before game time.....not going to subject my 5 and 6 yr olds to this cluster again. Thanks, State.

As bad as we are, you’ld have been happier if they hadn’t let you in.

RocketDawg
09-29-2018, 09:44 PM
No. They have made you do that every time. The BS security paired with the BS product on the field makes my 50" flatscreen look better and better.

Not at my gate in the other game I went to this year (didn't go to La La game). That requirement is utterly ridiculous.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-29-2018, 09:55 PM
I doubt lines will be a problem next week.

msstate7
09-29-2018, 09:58 PM
I doubt lines will be a problem next week.

I don't plan on going again this season or till Moorhead is gone

HereComesTheSpiral
09-29-2018, 10:02 PM
I don't plan on going again this season or till Moorhead is gone

Hell I decided going into work next weekend instead of the game, probably have more fun.

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 10:15 PM

Took me 30 seconds.

Westdawg
09-29-2018, 10:15 PM
Well, I can tell you that my wife and kids along with myself had enough of it today. This security company had two games to "prep" for this game and each of those were crap-tastic endeavors of epic proportions. And still didn't get it going KNOWING THAT THIS WOULD BE A HUGE GAME.
I am also starting to get the feeling that our athletic administration is not fathoming the seriousness of details
- game day parking ( at least one lot attendant was fired for taking money to park cars in Pass Lots today and saw some others doing it)
- cut the video department funding and staff
- the speaker system in the stadium still sounds like the ones Peavey gave us in the 90's
- did I mention the s***show at the gates???
- the foul-ups with the tailgate company contracts
- the loose lips during the baseball season about the stipulations and what kind of man Cohen guaranteed he was hiring.....yeah, how'd that turn out.

I'm sure a few more are missing. Overall, the only group from our athletic department that represented us well were the ones being honored during tv timeouts on the field. What a cluster

Maroonthirteen
09-29-2018, 11:53 PM
I got to The SW gate at 4:15pm. I was in the stadium by 4:30pm.

Westdawg
09-30-2018, 12:02 AM
I got to The SW gate at 4:15pm. I was in the stadium by 4:30pm.

I was on the sidewalk coming from the M Club. After being in line for 5 mins, we walked to the several thousand thick CLUSTER around a lot of the line. And then we were in line for another 45 or so minutes. Stood there in line, watched the team leave the field, watched both teams come back on the field, watched both flyovers. Watched both opening drives for each team. All while me, my wife, and 5 & 6 yr olds were crammed in like cattle trying to get to the gate.
Glad you got in....but I ain't making it up. And I am a dang bulldozer in big crowds. I'm 6'3, 300lbs. I make my way wherever I want most days, but that was one of the worst experiences I've had getting into any event ever in my life. And that includes Disney, and about a half dozen other amusement parks, and the line at the family reunion 😏

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 12:07 AM
I was on the sidewalk coming from the M Club. After being in line for 5 mins, we walked to the several thousand thick CLUSTER around a lot of the line. And then we were in line for another 45 or so minutes. Stood there in line, watched the team leave the field, watched both teams come back on the field, watched both flyovers. Watched both opening drives for each team. All while me, my wife, and 5 & 6 yr olds were crammed in like cattle trying to get to the gate.
Glad you got in....but I ain't making it up. And I am a dang bulldozer in big crowds. I'm 6'3, 300lbs. I make my way wherever I want most days, but that was one of the worst experiences I've had getting into any event ever in my life. And that includes Disney, and about a half dozen other amusement parks, and the line at the family reunion ��

You do know there are other gates? Also, if you don't want to wait, get there earlier. I don't think you will have much problem the rest of the year though, no matter what time you get there.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2018, 12:08 AM
Y'all can complain about this all you want. It ain't going away, ever.

duncflydawg
09-30-2018, 12:19 AM
Sorry it was such a bad experience for you. I went through the same gate around 3:45 and I walked right in. The good news is that after the last two games performances, I think the crowds will be much smaller going forward.

Pit Bull
09-30-2018, 12:37 AM
Me too.....stood there for an hour on a broken foot. It's like they don't want us coming to games any more. I spent about 8-9 hrs. getting in to see a 2-3 hr. game.

Pit Bull
09-30-2018, 12:39 AM
It won't be going away......but tons of fans will be.

mstatefan91
09-30-2018, 12:40 AM
We went in at 3:45.. zero issue

duncflydawg
09-30-2018, 12:49 AM
I don?t think the rest of the games will be nearly as busy, but if you show up to the gate a little over an hour early you should be able to just walk in.

smootness
09-30-2018, 01:02 AM
I began standing in line at the concession stand with 3:30 left in the 1st half. I got back to my seat after the 2nd half had started. The line wasn't short but it wasn't THAT long. The guys working the stand could not have cared less about what they were doing.