PDA

View Full Version : What needs to happen if we win 5 or less this season....

CadaverDawg
10-14-2013, 06:10 PM
1. Les needs to be replaced

2. Hevesy needs to be replaced

3. Les AND Hevesy need to be replaced

4. No replacements are needed, we need continuity going into next year

5. Fire Mullen, Hell, Fire em All!!!

And I know, most feel that Les will never be fired. So no need in saying that.

WeWillScrewItUp
10-14-2013, 06:18 PM
At least #3 and maybe #5. It kind of depends on how we finish. I'm not just referring to wins and losses I'm talking about how we actually play.

CJDAWG85
10-14-2013, 06:20 PM

We will have a better understanding of where we are next year with a deeper team with a favorable schedule

Coach34
10-14-2013, 06:41 PM
I agree with 4...we are losing because our Secondary is young and awful- and we are transitioning back to a mobile QB with inexperienced WR's.

2014 better be a good year though- no excuses with 16 starters returning + depth

DownwardDawg
10-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Believe it or not, I voted for #4. I almost went with #2 but I don't know enough about OL coaching or blocking techniques. I'll have to trust the head coach on that one. We better have a good year next year and start out by absolutely destroying USM. It better not be a 21-20 game. That's a loss for us.

Wait, if I choose #5 do we get Hud????

Political Hack
10-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I agree with 4...we are losing because our Secondary is young and awful- and we are transitioning back to a mobile QB with inexperienced WR's.

2014 better be a good year though- no excuses with 16 starters returning + depth

you seriously can't be blaming the secondary for our inability to get a first down in the second halfs of football games. our offense has got to be the worst 2nd half offense in the division.

MrKotter
10-14-2013, 07:09 PM
#2 Regardless of what happens

Quaoarsking
10-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Hevesy probably should be fired, but if Mullen insists on not doing so, fine. But Mullen will have to be held accountable if the OL is mediocre again in 2014.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Hevesy probably should be fired, but if Mullen insists on not doing so, fine. But Mullen will have to be held accountable if the OL is mediocre again in 2013.

I agree. Hevesy should be fired regardless. He should have been fired already.

Behrdawg
10-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Les should have been gone 2 years ago.

Coach34
10-14-2013, 08:51 PM

why? And I'm serious. What other than internet legend calls for Hev to be replaced????

We were one of the best rushing offenses in 2009 and 2010 in the SEC
We were one of the best in the nation in 2012 in fewest sacks allowed

Hevesy was the lead recruiter on Chris Jones...

I just want some tangible evidence on why Hev needs to go? I provided evidence on why he needed to stay...

Dawg61
10-14-2013, 08:56 PM

I think our OL is playing well. Hevesy stays.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2013, 09:01 PM
why? And I'm serious. What other than internet legend calls for Hev to be replaced????

We were one of the best rushing offenses in 2009 and 2010 in the SEC
We were one of the best in the nation in 2012 in fewest sacks allowed

Hevesy was the lead recruiter on Chris Jones...

I just want some tangible evidence on why Hev needs to go? I provided evidence on why he needed to stay...

Because we are recruiting ZERO elite talent on the o-Line. ZERO. We are throwing offers out to ****ing 3 star JUCO linemen this early in the game because we lead for no top high school recruits. Not to mention, recruits don't like him. And I know recruiting is more than just that coach's position, but they are still a part of selecting who they want.

And yes, we can run the ball when we use misdirection and shit, but we can't do like the Sherrill years where when we need a yard, we can hand the ball off and get the yard. We have solid OLinemen, but not elite OLinemen. Gabe Jackson is good, that's a given, and I will give him credit for at least developing some of these low star guys into serviceable linemen. But overall, for a SEC team that is known for it's running game, we are severely lacking in oL recruiting IMO.

In other words....we couldn't run the Relf offense of his first year right now. That team had some road graters and would control the line. Our current line is nowhere close to being that physical against the decent defenses we play IMO. That's why I'm glad that Dak is more of a threat to pass than Relf ever was.

Coach34
10-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Because we are recruiting ZERO elite talent on the o-Line. ZERO. We are throwing offers out to ****ing 3 star JUCO linemen this early in the game because we lead for no top high school recruits. .

That is the fault of the whole staff. And this is the problem with the internet.

Hevesy's job isnt to just recruit linemen. He has a territory. All the coaches recruit a territory- not just a position.
The whole staff recruits offensive linemen.
The whole offensive staff decides on which lineman to recruit.
Blaming Hevesy is moronic. Let me guess- you give Brewster credit for Fred Ross, even though Koenning was the lead recruiter and got him signed?

You cant possibly believe that Hevesy refuses to recruit 5 and 4-star offensive linemen? Nobody is that gullible huh?

Since Dakota has become the QB- our rushing numbers:

277 vs Alcorn
202 vs Auburn
235 vs Troy
216 vs LSU
245 vs BG

Since we inserted Dakota and run our real offense- we average 235 ypg on the ground. That's exceptional. Very exceptional

So aGAIN- I give you factual results. Our OL has performed well, and he was the lead recruiter for possibly the best DL player we have ever brought in. And all you can give me in return is some bullshit- subjective ranking? People get mad cause he recruits MAIS linemen- but then cheered as a MAIS player from State played for the Cowboys last night?

I just dont understand

CadaverDawg
10-14-2013, 09:33 PM
That is the fault of the whole staff. And this is the problem with the internet.

Hevesy's job isnt to just recruit linemen. He has a territory. All the coaches recruit a territory- not just a position.
Blaming Hevesy is moronic. Let me guess- you give Brewster credit for Fred Ross, even though Koenning was the lead recruiter and got him signed?

You cant possibly believe that Hevesy refuses to recruit 5 and 4-star offensive linemen? Nobody is that gullible huh?

277 vs Alcorn
202 vs Auburn
235 vs Troy
216 vs LSU
245 vs BG

Since we inserted Dakota and run our real offense- we average 235 ypg on the ground. That's exceptional. Very exceptional

So aGAIN- I give you factual results. Our OL has performed well, and he was the lead recruiter for possibly the best DL player we have ever brought in. And all you can give me in return is some bullshit- subjective ranking? People get mad cause he recruits MAIS linemen- but then cheered as a MAIS player from State played for the Cowboys last night?

I just dont understand

Did Hevesy turn Cam Lawrence from a 160 LB MAIs player into a 240 LB linebacker? No. So you are doing the same damn thing by giving him credit for someone else's work.

And by the way.....

You made my point by saying, "when we inserted Dakota and started running our real offense" we can run. Well, like I said, if we had a good SEC line, we could have opened up at least SOME holes while Tyler was QB'ing. A good line gives you a chance to run the ball regardless of QB. And this is coming from someone that feels the same way you do about our scheme.

Look, you don't have to agree with me, but if you can seriously sit here and compare our OLine to what we had with Sherrill and even Croom...you're crazy. Luckily we have a much better passing game to complement it nowadays.

Again, not saying they're terrible....but when you are about to get back to running the ball 60-70% of the game like we are going to be doing after Russell is gone, we need good linemen,and should be able to recruit better linemen. And while I know Hevesy is not the only lineman recruiter (since I said that in my first post but you ignored)... I do recall two quality OLinemen within the last 8 months that HEVESY LOST...not one of the other guys....HEVESY.

Coach34
10-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Did Hevesy turn Cam Lawrence from a 160 LB MAIs player into a 240 LB linebacker? No. So you are doing the same damn thing by giving him credit for someone else's work.

You made my point by saying, "when we inserted Dakota and started running our real offense" we can run. Well, like I said, if we had a good SEC line, we could have opened up at least SOME holes while Tyler was QB'ing. A good line gives you a chance to run the ball regardless of QB. And this is coming from someone that feels the same way you do about our scheme.

I do recall two quality OLinemen within the last 8 months that HEVESY LOST...not one of the other guys....HEVESY.

A) I wasnt giving him credit for Lawrence- my point was that Lawrence was an underrated nobody that ended up being All-SEC. So in Lawrence's case- recruiting rankings are bullshit. Just like Clayborne being ranked behind Thomas and Flowers in this last recruiting class- Clayborne is head and shoulders ahead of both right now. You fuss about our rankings- but obviously Hev knows wtf he is doing when the kid from JA is our best OL recruit- but ranked much lower. That means our OL coach is good at evaluating talent.

B) Our scheme was the problem with Russell at QB- not the OL- aGAIN- they were oneof the best in the country at pass protection. And since that was their primary responsibility- we threw the 4th most passes in the SEC- it means that our OL was very good at protection. Which means our OL coach is good.

C) Lost 2 quality recruits in the last 8 months? All I remember is the SP kid that went to Auburn. That same kid called us a few weeks ago wanting to come home because he hates Auburn. And you know what? We told him to go **** himself. He wasnt that good anyway. Internet warriors dont know as much as our coaching staff- no matter how much they think they do.

Our offensive line is the least of our problems. The Hevesy hate is direct proportion with the Legend of Hud

CadaverDawg
10-14-2013, 10:04 PM
I disagree.

Maybe some of us want a good Offensive line, not just an adequate one. Yea, we can keep our stats up against the weaklings, but until we can control the line of scrimmage, we still won't be beating any good teams. Your attitude lately is a little surprising....seems you're just perfect with being an average team that beats bad teams, and loses to all teams with a pulse. We have drastically improved on the DLine, and I feel like we need to get better on the a OLine if we want to continue progressing.

It's hilarious how anytime someone questioned the D line in the offseason you were throwing out the number of 4 and 5'stars we would have on that unit....and now you want to flip to "the stars mean nothing!!". Well first of all, I never said the stars were everything, but when you are having to recruit a bunch of 3 star JUCO linemen in year 5....you ****ed up along the way somewhere. Just my opinion. So I will just agree to disagree.

Op4isabitch
10-14-2013, 10:10 PM
C) Lost 2 quality recruits in the last 8 months? All I remember is the SP kid that went to Auburn. That same kid called us a few weeks ago wanting to come home because he hates Auburn. And you know what? We told him to go **** himself. He wasnt that good anyway. Internet warriors dont know as much as our coaching staff- no matter how much they think they do.

No Shit?? Can you elaborate?

Coach34
10-14-2013, 10:24 PM
No Shit?? Can you elaborate?

no- just went exactly as I said

SPMT
10-14-2013, 11:46 PM

277 vs Alcorn
202 vs Auburn
235 vs Troy
216 vs LSU
245 vs BG

I just dont understand

Truth

Hevesy also recruited Dak

Get an OC. That's the need. Won't happen.

sandwolf
10-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Hevesy probably should be fired, but if Mullen insists on not doing so, fine. But Mullen will have to be held accountable if the OL is mediocre again in 2014.

I agree......the head coach should choose his assistants. If they don't pan out and the team doesn't meet expectations, then its on him.

Dawgface
10-15-2013, 07:02 AM
I say keep them all. If they fall on their face again next year, fire them all.

BulldogBear
10-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Derfinately #1. Possibly #3 but I don't know enough about OL coaching to make an informed decision. Change is needed for sure at that position. Something. I just don't know enough to know if coaching is the problem.

BUT DEFINATELY #1. ANYONE can see playcalling is an issue. We acted like we were gonna sit on 21-13 score at halftime. With a few exceptions we were back to Vanilla Offense 101 against BGSU

Dawg61
10-15-2013, 08:14 AM
We didn't act we DID sit on a 21-13 lead. It's nauseating how conservative Dan gets during close games and it usually is the reason we lose. The Dansbury Stall. Guaranteed to lose when implemented.

Coach34
10-15-2013, 08:21 AM
The Dansbury Stall. .

Now this- I agree with. Mullen does go conservative with a lead unless your Troy. Problem is- a new OC wouldnt change that. That is who he is.

MrKotter
10-15-2013, 08:35 AM
A) I wasnt giving him credit for Lawrence- my point was that Lawrence was an underrated nobody that ended up being All-SEC. So in Lawrence's case- recruiting rankings are bullshit.

Lawrence was not an underrated nobody. He had a decent offer list for safety and QB including OK St who offered him as a QB.

Trying to give Hevesy credit for finding a diamond in the rough with Lawrence is reaching to try and prove a point that doesn't exist.

The fact remains Hevesy is a bad recruiter and just average OL coach. Our OL is far from special. Ultimately, Hevesy is responsible for all aspects of the OL and he is doing a subpar job.

Dawg61
10-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Now this- I agree with. Mullen does go conservative with a lead unless your Troy. Problem is- a new OC wouldnt change that. That is who he is.

Bring in a big name OC. LSU just brought in Cam Cameron as OC. They are our direct competition. We have to pay top dollar for one.

Johnson85
10-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Mullen needs to commit to changing something on offense.

I'm guessing Mullen is the one that gets overly conservative with the slimmest of leads. We've done that basically since he got here. Mullen has to loosen the reigns on playcalling during the game, and if he can't do that while Koennig is here, he needs to hire somebody he feels he can do that with.

Don't know whose fault the O-line is, but it looks like more of a talent problem than a coaching problem to me.

bocfarm
10-15-2013, 09:49 AM
you seriously can't be blaming the secondary for our inability to get a first down in the second halfs of football games. our offense has got to be the worst 2nd half offense in the division.

Country

CadaverDawg
10-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Lawrence was not an underrated nobody. He had a decent offer list for safety and QB including OK St who offered him as a QB.

Trying to give Hevesy credit for finding a diamond in the rough with Lawrence is reaching to try and prove a point that doesn't exist.

The fact remains Hevesy is a bad recruiter and just average OL coach. Our OL is far from special. Ultimately, Hevesy is responsible for all aspects of the OL and he is doing a subpar job.

^This^

And judging by the poll, many agree

Statecoachingblows**
10-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Doesn't matter if we have 500 yards rushing every game if we don't score any points after halftime

Coach34
10-15-2013, 11:34 AM

Was in no way giving Hevesy credit for Lawrence- was showing that because we recruit MAIS players that are underrated it doesnt mean we are shitty recruiters. Lawrence was a 3-star with offers from State, Duke, Southern, and OK State because of Gunter Brewer.

aGAIN- where is the proof that Hev is a bad recruiter? He pulled in Chris Jones and Dakota Prescott. Who just happen to be 2 of our 5 best players on the team.

I've already shown the rushing numbers since we changed QB's. It's amazing how much better we run the ball now that we are back to running our offense the coaches know best. Those arent average numbers- we are 26th in the country in rushing. Either we have more talent on the OL than you guys give us credit for- or we are coached very damn well upfront. Which is it?

Barking 13
10-15-2013, 01:18 PM
^This^

And judging by the poll, many agree

can I vote again? ;)

Boodawg
10-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Needs 8-9 wins next year for me to want him to stay.

CadaverDawg
10-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Needs 8-9 wins next year for me to want him to stay.

Me too.