PDA

View Full Version : News from the dinner today with former players and Alumni......

99jc
09-28-2018, 07:37 PM
Couldn't believe how many were still upset by the Kentucky game. The championship Ring size was premature to many...if your going to talk the talk walk the walk. Seems like their was a lack of accountability when there is a 17 up on the team...look for improvement there.
Moorhead has told the team we are going to pound Floridas Ass in the run game Saturday. Look for Aris and Hill to be used in rotation and in the game at the same time. Several new wrinkles in offensive game plan. This season and next season would have to be complete disasters for Moorhead to ge his walking papers. Alumni and boosters all like him but I can tell you lose to Florida and Auburn and they will get nasty quick.
Nothing really new just thought I'd give the perspective from some of those that can push buttons if we get a complete shitshow from this staff. I Truely believe we beat Florida by 14 minimum....Hail State.

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2018, 07:46 PM
I don't understand your first paragraph.

I saw nothing wrong with him talking about ring sizes and what do they mean about lack of accountability?

Dawg61
09-28-2018, 08:01 PM
Our fanbase is turning into Tennessee but without the 1998 National Championship trophy.

Dawgowar
09-28-2018, 08:15 PM
Yeah I have really been more than discouraged by the overreaction. It's almost manic the 'All hope is lost, fire the ****er now' vibe coming from some. It's like nobody here has ever had to sit a female relative down and say something like, "I know your Dad calls you princess, but really, you're big and frankly have more facial hair than most princess these days. You might want to lower your standards on potential dates."

That's kind of how I felt in a non-mean way about our overly optimistic hope that our passing game would transform into something exceptional right away, without a hitch. That should not be confused with an old 'Poor Ol Mississippi State. I think we will get there and pretty quickly but not with a mostly the same roster. They will get better as they are coached, but a step-on-your-pecker performance was bound to happen. It did. The result was a loss not just a bad game. We move on.

KOdawg1
09-28-2018, 08:33 PM
It's amazing that some have gone from hoping for an 11-1/10-2 type season to questioning Joe after he's only coached 4 freaking games here.

We have some of the best fans in America, but I believe we have some of the worst too.

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2018, 08:45 PM
Our fanbase is turning into Tennessee but without the 1998 National Championship trophy.

https://dubsism.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/tennessee-junior-and-lulu.jpg?w=351&h=259

Dawgowar
09-28-2018, 09:07 PM
It's amazing that some have gone from hoping for an 11-1/10-2 type season to questioning Joe after he's only coached 4 freaking games here.

We have some of the best fans in America, but I believe we have some of the worst too.

It's called "Battered Bulldog Syndrome"

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2018, 09:59 PM

Yep, been saying that for years.

msstate7
09-28-2018, 10:55 PM
I'll be shocked if aeris and Kylin are in the game together. Has Moorhead ever ran a 2-back set?

Commercecomet24
09-28-2018, 11:00 PM
I'll be shocked if aeris and Kylin are in the game together. Has Moorhead ever ran a 2-back set?

Yes at UConn, Fordham and Akron. He ran with hback and tailback a lot at psu too.

confucius say
09-28-2018, 11:11 PM

They were in the game together against Ky. And Hill and Gibson were in the game together in Manhattan.

msstate7
09-28-2018, 11:20 PM
They were in the game together against Ky. And Hill and Gibson were in the game together in Manhattan.

I'll have to play more attention. I missed a lot of last week's game while at the Battery after braves clinched. I'll be thrilled if we start using more 2-back sets and 2-te sets. We're better at rb and te than wr

msstate7
09-28-2018, 11:21 PM
Yes at UConn, Fordham and Akron. He ran with hback and tailback a lot at psu too.

Thanks. I watched a lot of penn state, and don't remember 2 backs there

Todd4State
09-28-2018, 11:23 PM
Will be some interesting things to look for tomorrow.

If true it sounds like he has realized that our O-line is not going to get better at pass blocking or pass pro.

Homedawg
09-28-2018, 11:24 PM

At psu he ran 98 % 11 personel so that's bs.

Todd4State
09-28-2018, 11:25 PM

You nailed it and I don't understand it either. Especially since no one wanted Dan gone after his idiotic play calling that cost us LSU 2009.

Todd4State
09-28-2018, 11:28 PM

Odd that this seems to matter so much to you. You do realize that the H-Back is not a true running back and considered a TE meaning it's still 11 personnel correct?

Commercecomet24
09-29-2018, 12:04 AM
Here's an article with cut ups and videos with Moorhead at psu using his TE as hback.

Gesicki while a TE was used a lot as an hback.

http://insidethepylon.com/pylon-u/teams-ncaa/division-ia-fbs/big-ten/penn-state-nittany-lions/2017/08/29/penn-state-triangle-offense/

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 12:08 AM
Odd that this seems to matter so much to you. You do realize that the H-Back is not a true running back and considered a TE meaning it's still 11 personnel correct?

Ummmm a h back is a te/fb whateve you want to call it. It's personnel based on coaching. The Point was about having 2 backs, hill and Williams in the backfield, glad you are concerned. If we have those two on the field at once it becomes a twenty grouping. Period

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 12:09 AM
Here's an article with cut ups and videos with Moorhead at psu using his TE as hback.

Gesicki while a TE was used a lot as an hback.

http://insidethepylon.com/pylon-u/teams-ncaa/division-ia-fbs/big-ten/penn-state-nittany-lions/2017/08/29/penn-state-triangle-offense/

Where you line a player up doesn't change the fact of personel grouping. The Steelers lineup Antonio Brown at tailback, doesn't change the grouping

Commercecomet24
09-29-2018, 12:11 AM
Where you line a player up doesn't change the fact of personel grouping.

I understand that. I never said he used 2 rbs at psu I was just pointing out he used a tb and an hback which he did.

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 12:25 AM
I understand that. I never said he used 2 rbs at psu I was just pointing out he used a tb and an hback which he did.

I wasn't referring it to you. I was to Todd and jm has done the same here already.

Commercecomet24
09-29-2018, 12:38 AM
I wasn't referring it to you. I was to Todd and jm has done the same here already.

Yes he has run it here too. Will be interesting to see if he does run Aeris and Kylin together.

Todd4State
09-29-2018, 01:03 AM
Ummmm a h back is a te/fb whateve you want to call it. It's personnel based on coaching. The Point was about having 2 backs, hill and Williams in the backfield, glad you are concerned. If we have those two on the field at once it becomes a twenty grouping. Period

Not concerned. Just think it's weird.

Someone says he ran the ball with a H-Back- "IT'S 11 PERSONNEL"!

BuckyIsAB****
09-29-2018, 01:17 AM
I don't understand your first paragraph.

I saw nothing wrong with him talking about ring sizes and what do they mean about lack of accountability?

That we looked like a bunch of guys that had been allowed to do whatever they want to do with no consequences for it

gravedigger
09-29-2018, 08:15 AM

No. The post is correct. He didn?t run it at PSU but he did at Fordham and previous.

yjnkdawg
09-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Will be some interesting things to look for tomorrow.

If true it sounds like he has realized that our O-line is not going to get better at pass blocking or pass pro.

I believe our offensive line got all their accolades, as being one of the best offensive lines in the SEC last year, from a run blocking perspective, and not from the pass blocking one.