PDA

View Full Version : Memphis/Tulane

RocketDawg
09-28-2018, 07:11 PM
Tulane's uniforms are a bit ... different.

MaroonFlounder
09-28-2018, 07:17 PM
I'm still amazed that Darrell Henderson is at Memphis. What went on with his recruitment? Why is he not at an in-state school?

Bothrops
09-28-2018, 07:33 PM
Lots of speed on both teams. Weird how so many of these guys slip through in recruiting.

RocketDawg
09-28-2018, 08:09 PM
Lots of speed on both teams. Weird how so many of these guys slip through in recruiting.

Tulane looks pretty good. Did you hear the color guy when they were talking about Tulane's unbeaten season 10 or so years ago? He wondered if Tulane had thrown national championship parties.

Pit Bull
09-28-2018, 08:40 PM
We play Tulane at their new stadium the next time we go down there. Next year we play ULL at the Super Dome.

Skydawg1
09-28-2018, 11:35 PM
I wish we could trade Tulane for Arkansas. Tulane would have to go through a loooong process to go back to the SEC and expand their stadium (duh). But UPig does not belong in the SEC. They should go back to the Whateverconf.

LSU would LOVE to trade playing Ark for Tulane...at least in the first 10 years, or so.

Liverpooldawg
09-28-2018, 11:44 PM
I wish we could trade Tulane for Arkansas. Tulane would have to go through a loooong process to go back to the SEC and expand their stadium (duh). But UPig does not belong in the SEC. They should go back to the Whateverconf.

LSU would LOVE to trade playing Ark for Tulane...at least in the first 10 years, or so.

Nah, the Swine are a good fit. Missouri is the one that is a fish out of water. We need to add NC State and Va Tech. If you want to swap Tulane with Mizzou then fine. Put NC State and Va Tech in the east and Mizzou/Tulane in the west.

Todd4State
09-29-2018, 01:05 AM
Nah, the Swine are a good fit. Missouri is the one that is a fish out of water. We need to add NC State and Va Tech. If you want to swap Tulane with Mizzou then fine. Put NC State and Va Tech in the east and Mizzou/Tulane in the west.

It would be good for Vanderbilt to have a rival. Which means I bet they would be Tulane's permanent East opponent taking Vandy away from Ole Miss. I'm for it.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 03:23 AM
SEC doesn't add CUSA schools.

RiverCityDawg
09-29-2018, 06:35 AM

Why in the world would any State fan want another SEC team in Louisiana to compete with for the recruits down there? It's hard enough with LSU, so there would be even less leftovers or guys like KT & Whop that we could snag. If you want to take a trip to New Orleans just go.

Also, Tulane adds no benefit for the conference as far as TV markets. It helps the academic profile, but at the end of the day no one really cares about that.

Cooterpoot
09-29-2018, 07:30 AM
1. Both Tulane and Memphis suck. Neither are good teams.
2. We have no need for two shitty programs in our back yard to join the SEC.

thf24
09-29-2018, 07:56 AM
That game played out for Memphis eerily similar to ours last week.

BrunswickDawg
09-29-2018, 08:21 AM
SEC doesn't add CUSA schools.

A) They are AAC not CUSA
B) They have more SEC Football titles then we do (3) - one of which was more recent then our lone title (1949).
C) We are only 30-25-1 against them all time, and are 3-2 against them in our last 5

And I'm not advocating for them - but be careful trash talking them or it will wake the Indians

RocketDawg
09-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Tulane's not a big enough school to be in today's SEC. They got out in the '60s because they couldn't compete. Not to mention, they're a school that actually concentrates on academics ... might be more at home in the ACC with the likes of Wake Forest.

RocketDawg
09-29-2018, 08:27 AM
Why in the world would any State fan want another SEC team in Louisiana to compete with for the recruits down there? It's hard enough with LSU, so there would be even less leftovers or guys like KT & Whop that we could snag. If you want to take a trip to New Orleans just go.

Also, Tulane adds no benefit for the conference as far as TV markets. It helps the academic profile, but at the end of the day no one really cares about that.

Obviously.

Cooterpoot
09-29-2018, 08:46 AM
A) They are AAC not CUSA
B) They have more SEC Football titles then we do (3) - one of which was more recent then our lone title (1949).
C) We are only 30-25-1 against them all time, and are 3-2 against them in our last 5

And I'm not advocating for them - but be careful trash talking them or it will wake the Indians

What they did before integration is damn meaningless. Tulane almost eliminated football a few years ago.

RocketDawg
09-29-2018, 09:25 AM
What they did before integration is damn meaningless. Tulane almost eliminated football a few years ago.

I've seen that posted a million times. What difference does it make? Back in the day it was white against white, so all teams had the same athletic disadvantage. Of course, sports (particularly basketball and football) were a totally different game back then, but it's more than just integration. The northern teams that were (at least tokenly) integrated back then were no better than the southern all-white teams.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 11:14 AM
We should add Yale then.

TALL DAWG
09-29-2018, 12:41 PM
1. Both Tulane and Memphis suck. Neither are good teams.
2. We have no need for two shitty programs in our back yard to join the SEC.

I have always wondered why the SEC has not approached Houston
and Virginia Tech to expand our foot print.
They always bring up the number of ?eye balls? for TV markets as a major reason
to add teams (see Mizzo). Houston is one of the LARGEST markets in USA.
Now, LSwho and A&M would not like adding the Cougars but whatever.
By adding VT, we would be bringing a new state into the SEC.

What am I missing here...?

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 12:52 PM
aTm already covers the Houston/Texas market

Bothrops
09-29-2018, 01:02 PM
aTm already covers the Houston/Texas market

That's a population area the size of Atlanta, plus Birmingham.

Dawg61
09-29-2018, 01:26 PM
That's a population area the size of Atlanta, plus Birmingham.

I understand that but when people buy cable in Houston it already comes with the SEC Network as does the rest of Texas. The cable subscribers in Houston already contribute monthly to the SEC wether they watch the games or not. Adding Houston only splits that and decreases every other SEC schools profit to 1/16th (SEC gets a share too) instead of 1/15th.