PDA

View Full Version : LSU BB player Wayde Sims murdered today.............

99jc
09-28-2018, 09:05 AM
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/24820635/lsu-tigers-player-wayde-sims-killed-shooting

Headed to Starkvegas saw this sad situation but what was he doing on the streets at 1AM

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2018, 09:16 AM
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/24820635/lsu-tigers-player-wayde-sims-killed-shooting

.... but what was he doing on the streets at 1AM

Do you really need to ask this question?

Tbonewannabe
09-28-2018, 09:18 AM

Headed to Starkvegas saw this sad situation but what was he doing on the streets at 1AM

1 AM isn't unusual for a college kid unless you are a MSU Engineering student.

Bully13
09-28-2018, 09:20 AM
shit. God help him, his family and all of us. When do we wake up as a nation? When do we bring God Back?

Lord McBuckethead
09-28-2018, 10:08 AM
shit. God help him, his family and all of us. When do we wake up as a nation? When do we bring God Back?

More so than religion, parents not raising their kids correctly. WWII era parents were hard asses. Baby boomers worked against that hard ass attitude and sucked as parents and leaders. Baby boomer's kids sucked even more as parents on average. Hell baby boomers started participation trophy crap because they couldn't stand to see their kid not "win".

People need to learn early on that some people win and some people lose in everything including life. Too many soft parents out there.

My mom, who is 60, definitely let me know that participation trophies were bullshit and that sometimes you lose. I learned to deal with it by age 6.

Lord McBuckethead
09-28-2018, 10:24 AM
Hate it for this kids friends, teammates, and family. Hate to hear of this type of thing.

smootness
09-28-2018, 10:25 AM
More so than religion, parents not raising their kids correctly. WWII era parents were hard asses. Baby boomers worked against that hard ass attitude and sucked as parents and leaders. Baby boomer's kids sucked even more as parents on average. Hell baby boomers started participation trophy crap because they couldn't stand to see their kid not "win".

People need to learn early on that some people win and some people lose in everything including life. Too many soft parents out there.

My mom, who is 60, definitely let me know that participation trophies were bullshit and that sometimes you lose. I learned to deal with it by age 6.

This is all well and good...but what on earth does it have to do with this story?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2018, 10:48 AM

God never left.

Lord McBuckethead
09-28-2018, 10:48 AM
This is all well and good...but what on earth does it have to do with this story?

Bully13 mentioned, "When do we bring God back?"
God has less to do with it than parents not raising their kids correctly, which includes church.

Kids are not trained to deal with issues and challenges in their life. They have no idea what and how adults should approach an issue. Which is one of the factors that leads to weak ass individuals that decide to go out and shoot people.

smootness
09-28-2018, 10:52 AM
Bully13 mentioned, "When do we bring God back?"
God has less to do with it than parents not raising their kids correctly, which includes church.

Kids are not trained to deal with issues and challenges in their life. They have no idea what and how adults should approach an issue. Which is one of the factors that leads to weak ass individuals that decide to go out and shoot people.

The homicide rate in the US is lower than it's been since the early 60's.

Srt201
09-28-2018, 12:07 PM
1 AM isn't unusual for a college kid unless you are a MSU Engineering student.

And I’d say if you were a MSU engineering student you’d be up to 1-3 am routinely if had to finish Dr. H’s homework.

QuadrupleOption
09-28-2018, 12:07 PM

My guess is he was getting a sandwich, which isn?t uncommon for a college student at 1AM.

msbulldog
09-28-2018, 12:20 PM
God never left.

Amen. +1

Tbonewannabe
09-28-2018, 12:21 PM
And I’d say if you were a MSU engineering student you’d be up to 1-3 am routinely if had to finish Dr. H’s homework.

Which is why I ended up graduating in Management and Finance. I can't remember the teacher but he said if you needed to use a calculator then you wouldn't be able to finish the test. He was correct that I never finished any of this tests and that Engineering for me was Pre Business.

Quaoarsking
09-28-2018, 12:29 PM
The homicide rate in the US is lower than it's been since the early 60's.

Read Freakonomics if you want to know why.

VandelayIndustries
09-28-2018, 12:35 PM
There is video of it, very sad and sickening

Tbonewannabe
09-28-2018, 12:43 PM

Care to give the cliff notes? I am guessing that the population increase is outpacing the homicide rate. So same number of murders but just more population to lower the rate.

smootness
09-28-2018, 01:00 PM

That it's related to abortion. I don't buy that theory, and it also wouldn't matter anyway, in context of this discussion.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2018, 01:20 PM
There is video of it, very sad and sickening

So he is attacking a guy and the guy shoots him?

TUSK
09-28-2018, 01:34 PM
Formerly posted on the poly board, but applicable in this situation:

"I won't weigh in on "who deserves what" because there's some "gray area" in this shooting imo, and I don't know the backgrounds on the participants...

But, I think some valuable lessons could be gleaned from this:

1) Don't be an asshole to people, because it's not nice and you may get your ass whipped.
2) If someone is being an asshole to you, try to be nice and not escalate things.
3) If someone is being an asshole to a family member, try to be nice and not escalate things.
4) If being nice doesn't work, and you insist on making it physical, be prepared to get a cap in your ass.
5) If you put a cap in someone's ass, be prepared to go to jail.

Follow these simple rules, and you, too, can live a peaceful existence.... well, at least live..."

MCsMGs
09-28-2018, 02:47 PM

Nailed it!

VandelayIndustries
09-28-2018, 02:49 PM
So he is attacking a guy and the guy shoots him?

Quick video, with about 4 or 5 guys. Tough to see, but looks like Sims is going to swing on a guy and someone pulls a gun and shoots him.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-28-2018, 06:36 PM
And I?d say if you were a MSU engineering student you?d be up to 1-3 am routinely if had to finish Dr. H?s homework.

Not to mention Dr. R?s homework. Also known as the H & R block, as in block you from graduating.

RocketDawg
09-28-2018, 06:54 PM
Care to give the cliff notes? I am guessing that the population increase is outpacing the homicide rate. So same number of murders but just more population to lower the rate.

Nah, they just redefined what is homicide.

Lord McBuckethead
09-28-2018, 11:44 PM
Formerly posted on the poly board, but applicable in this situation:

"I won't weigh in on "who deserves what" because there's some "gray area" in this shooting imo, and I don't know the backgrounds on the participants...

But, I think some valuable lessons could be gleaned from this:

1) Don't be an asshole to people, because it's not nice and you may get your ass whipped.
2) If someone is being an asshole to you, try to be nice and not escalate things.
3) If someone is being an asshole to a family member, try to be nice and not escalate things.
4) If being nice doesn't work, and you insist on making it physical, be prepared to get a cap in your ass.
5) If you put a cap in someone's ass, be prepared to go to jail.

Follow these simple rules, and you, too, can live a peaceful existence.... well, at least live..."

Funny how no one teaches this anymore.

MidTNDawg
09-29-2018, 07:49 PM
God never left.

True. Giod is here. But our society has tried its best to kick him out. Only a few stand up for Him. Familiar with England?