PDA

View Full Version : Check with me adjustment

msstate7
09-27-2018, 04:44 PM
Obviously Kentucky played Moorhead and fitz last week. How do you think we fix this in 1 week? You know Florida will so much of the same

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2018, 05:29 PM
I've got to believe that some team in all of Moorhead's years has done this.

I think it's simple to fix, you just stick the first call a few times so that they no longer know.

Just like when a pitcher shakes off the catcher, sometimes you've got to shake off the fastball and then nod "ok" to throwing a fastball. If every time you shake off the catcher once means you're throwing a curveball and twice a changeup, then you are tipping your pitches.

So, let's say Moorhead calls a draw, then he gets up the line and checks with Moorhead, all Moorhead has to do is keep the play the same.

Most every team does the check with me, so surely teams have tendencies when they adjust.

We did the same check with me under Mullen for 9 years.

RiverCityDawg
09-27-2018, 05:39 PM
Obviously Kentucky played Moorhead and fitz last week. How do you think we fix this in 1 week? You know Florida will so much of the same

Moorhead has always done it and this is not the first time someone has tried to adjust after the check. That's an obviously move. As we know, Moorhead has been successful on offense everywhere so if the check with me was the problem he would have failed as an offensive coach a long time ago.

The penalties, offensive line getting whipped and the rainstorm had way more to do with the crap performance than the check with me stuff.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2018, 05:49 PM
Moorhead has always done it and this is not the first time someone has tried to adjust after the check. That's an obviously move. As we know, Moorhead has been successful on offense everywhere so if the check with me was the problem he would have failed as an offensive coach a long time ago.

The penalties, offensive line getting whipped and the rainstorm had way more to do with the crap performance than the check with me stuff.

This. We have some folks way overthinking this. It was a bad night by players and coaches. It does happen. Now let's see how they handle this bit of adversity going into Saturday night.

Bully13
09-27-2018, 05:51 PM
Attitude Adjustment. We either do that or we don't. We got hit in the mouth last Saturday and we've gotta figure out how to get back up and punch back. Our OL needs to get their collective asses in gear and quit being pu$$ies.

basedog
09-27-2018, 05:52 PM
One thing is for sure, after watching the tape our coaches would be teaching from the players and coaches mistakes.

At least they should know what to do IF they see the same scheme this week.

HoopsDawg
09-27-2018, 05:53 PM
The late shifting was most definitely a problem. I have no idea why we weren't better prepared.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2018, 05:59 PM
At least the positive for Moorhead and crew is that they now know how virtually every defense will attempt to attack them.

Even McGriff is excited right now

Homedawg
09-27-2018, 06:05 PM
Don't know. But when you never ever snap it before you check w me, you are never going to see a legitimate look. So really no point in checking w him just call the play from the start cause no advantage is gained.

Homedawg
09-27-2018, 06:06 PM
I've got to believe that some team in all of Moorhead's years has done this.

I think it's simple to fix, you just stick the first call a few times so that they no longer know.

Just like when a pitcher shakes off the catcher, sometimes you've got to shake off the fastball and then nod "ok" to throwing a fastball. If every time you shake off the catcher once means you're throwing a curveball and twice a changeup, then you are tipping your pitches.

So, let's say Moorhead calls a draw, then he gets up the line and checks with Moorhead, all Moorhead has to do is keep the play the same.

Most every team does the check with me, so surely teams have tendencies when they adjust.

We did the same check with me under Mullen for 9 years.

But we sometimes ran a play that was initially called. We aren't calling a play initially. Big differences. Huge.

Dawg61
09-27-2018, 06:08 PM
This. We have some folks way overthinking this. It was a bad night by players and coaches. It does happen. Now let's see how they handle this bit of adversity going into Saturday night.

The worst days of the week are the 6 days in between games. If we had to wait a month in between games we'd have posters designing the entire battlefield strategy for WW2 on here in football terms.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2018, 06:08 PM
Look I know we all wonder why no adjustments were made. Sometimes it just doesn't happen for whatever reason. When the pats lost their first super bowl to the giants after they had defeated the giants earlier in the season. They chewed up the giants d in the regular season but in the Super Bowl the giants pounded on Brady. Listening to Brady and Belichick after the game they said the giants showed them looks on defense they hadn't showed all year and the pats never adjusted. This happened to a great head coach and a great qb so yeah it can happen to the best. I'm sure Moorhead is smart enough to adjust if he sees these looks again I'm more concerned about eliminating the penalties and seeing how he motivates the team after their first adversity.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2018, 06:10 PM
The worst days of the week are the 6 days in between games. If we had to wait a month in between games we'd have posters designing the entire battlefield strategy for WW2 on here in football terms.

That's really good! Bout the truth too! Rep given!

Commercecomet24
09-27-2018, 06:17 PM

Kinda like this:

https://youtu.be/MH4Q8vkbV2U

Irondawg
09-27-2018, 06:42 PM
This is just a total guess based on my perception, but I don't think Fitz is great at reading defenses, particularly coverages. I think he would work better in a one read (maybe 2) and tuck and run system that what we're trying to run.

BhamDawg205
09-28-2018, 01:44 AM
Agree use Fitz's strengths. I'm not a Fitz passing fan, but it's the coaches to put him in successful situations. That means run the freaking ball and setup the pass. If the left side of the line still has a leak issue plug it with a TE or RB.

BulldogBear
09-28-2018, 07:03 AM
Agree use Fitz's strengths. I'm not a Fitz passing fan, but it's the coaches to put him in successful situations. That means run the freaking ball and setup the pass. If the left side of the line still has a leak issue plug it with a TE or RB.

Or run away from it. Anything. Don't just bend over and take it.

louisvilledawg
09-28-2018, 07:36 AM
At least the positive for Moorhead and crew is that they now know how virtually every defense will attempt to attack them.

Even McGriff is excited right now

Even if he is excited, we should be able to run through them like shit through a tin horn (assuming there's no rain and we actually run the ball.)

BhamDawg205
09-28-2018, 09:05 AM
Or run away from it. Anything. Don't just bend over and take it.

Lol