PDA

View Full Version : I have not listen to any sports radio or watched sports TV this week.

Jack Lambert
09-26-2018, 11:12 AM
I didn't think I could stomach it.

Dawgbite
09-26-2018, 11:37 AM
You and me both brother.

TrapGame
09-26-2018, 12:19 PM
Me too.

was21
09-26-2018, 12:46 PM
And another. No SEC nation Friday afternoon or Saturday morning either. No finebaum all week (nothing new). I will turn to the game when it comes on television and and may listen to the pregame on the radio but maybe not. I will turn the volume off on the televisiion and listen to the MSU announcers on the radio. If we win, I will stay tuned. If we lose i will not continue to listen. I advise everybody to do the same. Your life will be a helluva lot more pleasant all week and weekend. DAmn that was a long rant over nothing.

Martianlander
09-26-2018, 12:49 PM
In there with you.

Commercecomet24
09-26-2018, 01:03 PM
And another. No SEC nation Friday afternoon or Saturday morning either. No finebaum all week (nothing new). I will turn to the game when it comes on television and and may listen to the pregame on the radio but maybe not. I will turn the volume off on the televisiion and listen to the MSU announcers on the radio. If we win, I will stay tuned. If we lose i will not continue to listen. I advise everybody to do the same. Your life will be a helluva lot more pleasant all week and weekend. DAmn that was a long rant over nothing.

Same here.

DownwardDawg
09-26-2018, 01:07 PM

This is me exactly Brother. This is the least I’ve ever paid attention to media during football season that I can remember.

StarkVegasSteve
09-26-2018, 01:30 PM
I feel like a majority of our fan base is all in the same boat this week. It's been a little weird not listening to anything or watching anything related to college football, but I know as soon as I turn it on they'll start talking about Benny Snell being the next Barry Sanders or that prick linebacker who runs his mouth too much. Hell, I got pissed off just typing that

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-26-2018, 01:33 PM
I still listen to Thunder and Lighting + More Cowbell, but yeah I avoid all non-State media like the plague. After Saturdays debacle I thought to myself "at least Brians 'Things that are True' will be entertaining this week"

Dawgbite
09-26-2018, 02:17 PM
Well, at least we made "Meltdown" this week. Thats not something you see every week. It was pretty weak though.

Captain Falcon
09-26-2018, 02:35 PM
Eventually you’ll get to the point where you’ve been mad about the UK game for long enough and you’re sick of dwelling on it and just want to move forward. That’s where I am at least. It sucked, but it’s done. We are favored to win on Saturday for a reason, and it should be a crazy atmosphere at DWS.

BB30
09-26-2018, 02:38 PM
Really hasn't been that bad I enjoy getting kicked while I am down ha. Most have actually been more lenient on the loss than the majority of our fan base.

Jack Lambert
09-26-2018, 02:42 PM
I felt that there would be a hip cup with a new coaching staff. I worried that it would KY before the season started but I hoped it would not be. on the flip side the record is now 23-24 so there has been several coaches to lose to them.

99jc
09-26-2018, 04:31 PM
I listened to xm radio today they spent 20 minutes talking about us and the Kentucky game...they all stated they still can't believe they beat us. We still have a lot of believers that we are rally good...that will all be put to rest one way or another the next 2 weeks.

msudawg1200
09-26-2018, 05:47 PM
Same here. I haven’t paid attention to any college football goings on since the game. I have been to State only websites also. I usually write all the scores for each game in my Phil Steele Mag on Sunday Mirning before church. This was the first time since 2009 I haven’t done it. I couldn’t stomach writing 28-7 and L beside Kentucky on our schedule.

Skydawg1
09-26-2018, 06:33 PM
I didn't think I could stomach it.Political talk radio this week is just as sickening.

JoseBrown
09-26-2018, 06:43 PM
Political talk radio this week is just as sickening.

True that.

Only thing college football related I listened to was Bart Gregory's, The Monday Cooldown. That's it. I heard Timmie Tebow vehemently state Saturday that he thought we were a top 10 football program, obviously that was before the game. Has anyone heard his thought now? Just wondering. The rest I'm not interested in.

Goldendawg
09-26-2018, 07:36 PM
Have been reading ED posts but was too "blue"- not a MSU color at all, to even comment on that "game" last Sat. I bought in as much as any time in my 55 years of going to Starkville. Our eight will be at the Fl game, but I admit that I nearly let it ruin my season. No way I thought we lost to Ky. My prediction at work was a 4 touchdown win. Do expect to bounce back and I still don't think KY is that good. Time will tell. Hail State!

Jack Lambert
09-26-2018, 07:41 PM
Political talk radio this week is just as sickening.

I have not watched or listen to any news either. I listen to Lithium radio in my car and have not watched TV. I have been a hermit. I have listen to Out Law Country Radio.