PDA

View Full Version : Buy/sell..this weeks' game is....

Liverpooldawg
09-25-2018, 09:11 PM
one of the absolute biggest in program history. I say buy in bulk. It has nothing at all to do with who Florida's coach is. It has everything to do with the direction the program takes over the next few years. We NEED to win this BAD. It's not going to be easy.

TUSK
09-25-2018, 09:20 PM
one of the absolute biggest in program history. I say buy in bulk. It has nothing at all to do with who Florida's coach is. It has everything to do with the direction the program takes over the next few years. We NEED to win this BAD. It's not going to be easy.

Based on my (comparably) limited MSU knowledge, '10 & '14 vs Bammer were pretty big but this one is HUGE and could be pivotal for the psyche of the team and fanbase, IMO... Especially given it's: 1) at home and 2) against a crappy/UR team led by the Ex....

Edit: If y'all don't get it done, it's a "buy" for me...

msstate7
09-25-2018, 09:21 PM
Buy.

I think we get it done. My optimism is probably based mostly on being a homer, but I really think we play well this week. State 31-17

Todd4State
09-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Buy but it will have more to do with the direction of the program this year as opposed to the long term.

bulldawg28
09-25-2018, 09:47 PM
Sell...if we put all of our eggs in this basket win or lose we stand no chance with Auburn the following week and start a spiral downward for the year losing our next 3. Imo losing to Kentucky killed a great year unless we can bounce back and beat the big boys of the West. Truth is we should be able to beat Florida regardless of whose coaching them this year. I iknow this is a MSU first with a former head coach returning but it's not that big of a deal imo.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 09:52 PM
Buy and it does 100% have to do with Mullen. If it didn't this wouldn't even be a question asked on this board this week.

Political Hack
09-25-2018, 10:09 PM
Biggest early season game I can remember in a while.

TUSK
09-25-2018, 10:10 PM
Sell...if we put all of our eggs in this basket win or lose we stand no chance with Auburn the following week and start a spiral downward for the year losing our next 3. Imo losing to Kentucky killed a great year unless we can bounce back and beat the big boys of the West. Truth is we should be able to beat Florida regardless of whose coaching them this year. I iknow this is a MSU first with a former head coach returning but it's not that big of a deal imo.

That's a good point... and why I addressed "psyche" earlier, 28...

Players lost their shit vs KY, and it doesn't get corrected, a UF loss at home will make games vs AU, @LSU, & A&M incrementally more difficult... It's a tough stretch...

Political Hack
09-25-2018, 10:14 PM

Players lost their shit vs KY, and it doesn't get corrected, a UF loss at home will make games vs AU, @LSU, & A&M incrementally more difficult... It's a tough stretch...

We lose Saturday and we'll be begging for Shreveport.

Todd4State
09-25-2018, 10:16 PM

This is a good take.

Lord McBuckethead
09-25-2018, 10:22 PM
I believe everyone has put too much stock in the UK game and now UF. I have the same faith in Moorhead as I did last Tuesday. Everyone should. He had a bad game. Shit happens. Lessened learned, now time to get after it again.

Dude's going to have stumbles, but the obvious potential of success is there. Was I pissed the 9th time Allen chased Fitz out of the pocket, yes. Moorhead is going to adjust.

TUSK
09-25-2018, 10:55 PM
I believe everyone has put too much stock in the UK game and now UF. I have the same faith in Moorhead as I did last Tuesday. Everyone should. He had a bad game. Shit happens. Lessened learned, now time to get after it again.

Dude's going to have stumbles, but the obvious potential of success is there. Was I pissed the 9th time Allen chased Fitz out of the pocket, yes. Moorhead is going to adjust.

Bucket, this begs the question: How do ya not adjust after the 5th time Allen broached the MSU backfield?

I'm gonna date myself here, but Cornelius Bennett (mid 80s) was my Bammer Hero in my youth... That cat was a straight up terror. 6-4, 235 & was 4.5ish... the best offense to his defense I ever saw was to run straight at him... because you couldn't run from him and you couldn't block him 1 on 1... Hell, I would have just tried to tackle/hold Allen...

I'm not bashing Mo's coaching, but I'm curious as to what prevented adjusting...

Cooterpoot
09-25-2018, 10:56 PM
My faith in this staff was squashed. Its a buy. Lose this one and it gets ugly. Like 5 win ugly.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2018, 11:17 PM
I think we play angry this week (in a good way).

I also believe if we get it going this week, it could bleed over to Auburn and we go into the off week in the thick of the race.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 11:48 PM
My faith in this staff was squashed. Its a buy. Lose this one and it gets ugly. Like 5 win ugly.

We lose Saturday and we might go 5-7. Florida is a must win.

bulldawg28
09-26-2018, 05:22 AM

Indeed. So let us borrow your back up wide outs for the remainder of the year.

msstate7
09-26-2018, 06:44 AM

So, lose this one, and we'll be coach searching in a year or so

Dawgology
09-26-2018, 07:23 AM
If we lose Saturday Moorhead will lose the fanbase and the team. We will finish 5-7. Furthermore, I think Cohen will be heating up that coaching seat. Cohen doesn't appear to be one that plays around. With the limited number of football games per year and the money involved the days of giving a coach 3-4 years to "get it right" are over. Additionally, I will be in 100% freak out/melt down mode....I'm just warning y'all now. Simply becasue if Moorhead can't get it done with THIS team...if with THIS team we finish 5-7...then we definitely went the wrong direction with this hire.

On the other hand, if he steps up and we start winning how we should with this talent I think everyone forgives the UK debacle as an outlier and stumble by a new head coach.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2018, 07:53 AM
If we lose this game we don't win that one. That's almost a given.

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2018, 07:53 AM
If we lose Saturday Moorhead will lose the fanbase and the team. We will finish 5-7. Furthermore, I think Cohen will be heating up that coaching seat. Cohen doesn't appear to be one that plays around. With the limited number of football games per year and the money involved the days of giving a coach 3-4 years to "get it right" are over. Additionally, I will be in 100% freak out/melt down mode....I'm just warning y'all now. Simply becasue if Moorhead can't get it done with THIS team...if with THIS team we finish 5-7...then we definitely went the wrong direction with this hire.

On the other hand, if he steps up and we start winning how we should with this talent I think everyone forgives the UK debacle as an outlier and stumble by a new head coach.
Yep.

Doggie_Style
09-26-2018, 08:13 AM

BUY....lose and this season, with all our talent, is over. Moorhead will have been exposed as someone who cannot lead an SEC caliber team. We also flush any chance of picking up additional top recruits.

With that said I think we kick ass....MSU 31 Flo-rida 20

DownwardDawg
09-26-2018, 08:17 AM
So, lose this one, and we'll be coach searching in a year or so

Unfortunately yes. We’ll be lucky to go 6-6 if we lose Saturday. And everyone in the country knows this is a very talented MSU team. Moorehead will be at the top of the hot seat list after one season. Saturday is a huge game.

biggun
09-26-2018, 10:02 AM
Buy. If we can?t beat a rebuilding Florida team led by our former HC who stoked and then burned our fan base by basically running out of town like a little bitch then we have zero chance vs Auburn, LSU, etc.

Biggest early season game since playing the Gators in Starkville in 2000 which ironically also followed a terrible and unexpected SEC loss on the road. We all know what happened that infamous day vs Florida and I expect the same results again this Saturday night.

Dogs win big, AGAIN

Pit Bull
09-26-2018, 08:11 PM
Bucket, this begs the question: How do ya not adjust after the 5th time Allen broached the MSU backfield?

I'm gonna date myself here, but Cornelius Bennett (mid 80s) was my Bammer Hero in my youth... That cat was a straight up terror. 6-4, 235 & was 4.5ish... the best offense to his defense I ever saw was to run straight at him... because you couldn't run from him and you couldn't block him 1 on 1... Hell, I would have just tried to tackle/hold Allen...

I'm not bashing Mo's coaching, but I'm curious as to what prevented adjusting...

Yup.....we would have been better off if Aeris Williams had played left tackle the whole game.

Homedawg
09-26-2018, 09:30 PM

So why didn't he after Allen chased him the 8 before?? And this is a big buy. If we lose , we will be struggling to find 6 wins.

Homedawg
09-26-2018, 09:34 PM
Buy but it will have more to do with the direction of the program this year as opposed to the long term.

It has everything to do w the long term of the program. Lose this and the ball goes south and recruiting goes south. And we aren't going to be any good next year either. So, yeah the long term of the program for sure it matters. Our recruiting isn't going to be any better than before- for this year anyway. We need some momentum to help it. And yes it think this staff works at it, but the results aren't going to show it much.

Where'sWaldo
09-27-2018, 08:56 AM
For me personally we have to win the next two games for me to buy back in. If we do that we will have all of our mojo back going to LSU. The Florida win is only important if it leads to a win against Auburn. If we beat florida and then drop LSU and Auburn we will finish at best 8-4 and it?s a ho hum year and we lose a ton of NFL talent.

Bully13
09-27-2018, 09:25 AM
Not bouncing back and winning this Sat would be a disaster due to the fact we've got so much experienced talent on this team. No excuse for this staff not to utilize it and parlay it into a strong crootin' situation cuz we gonna need it. From a perception standpoint, especially in the eyes of prospective croots, beating UF & Mullen would lay to rest that MSU just got lucky with the Mullen hire and only an extraordinary coach can win at MSU.

We can't lay an egg Saturday. Period. Sorry but that's just the way it is right now. We lose and it'll be : "Mullen's gone and now MSU sucks because he's gone."

Time to start clawing & scratching for that extra inch.

RougeDawg
09-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Not bouncing back and winning this Sat would be a disaster due to the fact we've got so much experienced talent on this team. No excuse for this staff not to utilize it and parlay it into a strong crootin' situation cuz we gonna need it. From a perception standpoint, especially in the eyes of prospective croots, beating UF & Mullen would lay to rest that MSU just got lucky with the Mullen hire and only an extraordinary coach can win at MSU.

We can't lay an egg Saturday. Period. Sorry but that's just the way it is right now. We lose and it'll be : "Mullen's gone and now MSU sucks because he's gone."

Time to start clawing & scratching for that extra inch.

This is the reason we must win. Lose and the media will be all over the Don was the reason MSU was good. That will get into the players heads and 5-7 may not even be possible. We saw how shitty they played when little ole, middle of the pack, Kentucky got in our heads. When the national media owns our teams minds, I may not go back to any games. I simply Cannot stand to sacrifice and watch what I watched last week. It?s a y?all task to make games these days, and like I said under Don, I will give the same effort that the HC and team give.

Bully13
09-27-2018, 10:06 AM
This is the reason we must win. Lose and the media will be all over the Don was the reason MSU was good. That will get into the players heads and 5-7 may not even be possible. We saw how shitty they played when little ole, middle of the pack, Kentucky got in our heads. When the national media owns our teams minds, I may not go back to any games. I simply Cannot stand to sacrifice and watch what I watched last week. It?s a y?all task to make games these days, and like I said under Don, I will give the same effort that the HC and team give.

Yep. I will record the game and the internet will determine whether or not I watch. Not gonna subject my ass to prison abuse.

basedog
09-27-2018, 10:11 AM
To say it's one of the biggest games in our history, that is a stretch when dealing with history. Now as far as the season goes, it's a big game, I'm not sure what will happen Saturday, but no way it's one of the biggest games in our history.

Bully13
09-27-2018, 10:31 AM
To say it's one of the biggest games in our history, that is a stretch when dealing with history. Now as far as the season goes, it's a big game, I'm not sure what will happen Saturday, but no way it's one of the biggest games in our history.

As far as 2018 and the future of our program, it damned sure is.

basedog
09-27-2018, 10:44 AM
As far as 2018 and the future of our program, it damned sure is.

So you are saying IF we lose our history is shot? No way one game makes or breaks our program, hell one season want make or break our history if that was the case with our past history we wouldn't be playing football now days!
Geez, I hate like hell we lost last week and I have changed a little about Joe, but if he ain't the man for the job there will be a "next man up".

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-27-2018, 10:48 AM

Sell. It is big but it has absolutely zero bearing on the direction our program takes over the next few years. The main reason it is important is too see if this team shows they can bounce back after an embarrassing loss.

basedog
09-27-2018, 10:54 AM
Sell. It is big but it has absolutely zero bearing on the direction our program takes over the next few years. The main reason it is important is too see if this team shows they can bounce back after an embarrassing loss.

+1

AROB44
09-27-2018, 11:46 AM
No way it is one of the biggest in history. Big for this season...YES, but not one of the biggest in history. Surely some of you realize that history did not begin yesterday.

basedog
09-27-2018, 12:03 PM
No way it is one of the biggest in history. Big for this season...YES, but not one of the biggest in history. Surely some of you realize that history did not begin yesterday.

+1

Bothrops
09-27-2018, 12:07 PM
It's one of the bigger games in program history, sure. I don't think we've ever been in this situation before, so it's quite historic.

Dawg61
09-27-2018, 12:07 PM
I will record the game and the internet will determine whether or not I watch. Not gonna subject my ass to prison abuse.

Bruh you care entirely way too much on what other fans say about MSU

99jc
09-27-2018, 12:19 PM
It's bigger for Moorhead than MSU. I think we win Saturday against a mediocre Gator team the bigger game to me is Auburn. If we lose Saturday there is no doubt everyone will precieve the Moorhead hire was not a great one, but lose the next 2 weeks and even Marcus Spears will Cruixify us.

fishwater99
09-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Biggest game in the State of Mississippi !!!!

Dawg61
09-27-2018, 01:37 PM
It's bigger for Moorhead than MSU. I think we win Saturday against a mediocre Gator team the bigger game to me is Auburn. If we lose Saturday there is no doubt everyone will precieve the Moorhead hire was not a great one, but lose the next 2 weeks and even Marcus Spears will Cruixify us.

I don't think everyone will perceive that at all only the "Tennessee" types amongst our fanbase.

RougeDawg
09-27-2018, 01:54 PM

In a season where we had the #2 team in the SECWest and a close #2 to Bama, yes this is a huge game. We went from Winner in Tuscaloosa goes to Atlanta to 8 wins would be nice over a 4-5 hour period last Saturday.

Anyone not realizing this needs a head exam. What happens this Saturday will impact the program for 4-6 more years. Win and the, Don was the only coach who could win there, is stomped out. Lose and we will hear that statement for seasons until someone bests his 9 year run. Just look at how our pre 1990 history still dominates the national perception every year. We cannot feed this false perception this weekend.

BB30
09-27-2018, 02:28 PM
In a season where we had the #2 team in the SECWest and a close #2 to Bama, yes this is a huge game. We went from Winner in Tuscaloosa goes to Atlanta to 8 wins would be nice over a 4-5 hour period last Saturday.

Anyone not realizing this needs a head exam. What happens this Saturday will impact the program for 4-6 more years. Win and the, Don was the only coach who could win there, is stomped out. Lose and we will hear that statement for seasons until someone bests his 9 year run. Just look at how our pre 1990 history still dominates the national perception every year. We cannot feed this false perception this weekend.

Since the media has been so good at picking the SEC West standings over the years** I don't remember finishing 2nd in the west last year? I remember finishing behind Bama, Auburn and LSU. There was never any guarantee we were or are the second best team in the West.

Not saying we won't have a good or even great season but it seems like many just let reality slip out of the picture and let hearts take over. We are good enough defensively to be the 2nd best team in the west if not first but we were always going to have a few question marks on the offensive side of the football regardless of who was coaching.

Bully13
09-27-2018, 06:08 PM
Bruh you care entirely way too much on what other fans say about MSU

I'm talking about how the game goes. I'll watch if we do what we are capable of doing, if we don't, I'm not going to subject myself to it. We need to get this Mullen Monkey off our backs.

Dawgfan77
09-28-2018, 05:27 AM

I agree with all of this. Let me throw in some more things. If this staff was prepared last Saturday we win. With all the shit talking last week we look like we didn?t even practice. A god coach and staff takes the talent they have and adapts their system to fit the talent until the new staff gets their types of players in. This staff went to UK in the rain with our WR and QB and tried to run a game plan set up for failure. Oh and guess who game plans and calls all the offensive plays.... Joe!
You can talk all day about how big this game is but based on the first 4 games I have no faith that this staff can ever get past 6 wins. We are a top 15 talented team and we will struggle to get to 6 wins this year. Moorhead was a bad hire.

Dawg2003
09-28-2018, 06:00 AM
I think this game is definitely pivotal for a buy in of this season. Because if we can't beat FL and KY, who else do we beat besides AK and our homecoming cupcake? I still have a bad feeling about the entire thing. I don't trust that Moorhead will adapt his game plan at all, and Mullen is the better coach. Mullen might not show it, but he will come in here for some revenge against the things that have been said about him. And I'm seriously concerned that our players will get too emotional when they see him and the rest of the old staff.

Dawg61
09-28-2018, 09:57 AM
I agree with all of this. Let me throw in some more things. If this staff was prepared last Saturday we win. With all the shit talking last week we look like we didn?t even practice. A god coach and staff takes the talent they have and adapts their system to fit the talent until the new staff gets their types of players in. This staff went to UK in the rain with our WR and QB and tried to run a game plan set up for failure. Oh and guess who game plans and calls all the offensive plays.... Joe!
You can talk all day about how big this game is but based on the first 4 games I have no faith that this staff can ever get past 6 wins. We are a top 15 talented team and we will struggle to get to 6 wins this year. Moorhead was a bad hire.

Your melt is overflowing

Cooterpoot
09-28-2018, 10:11 AM
All this back and forth will end after Sat. Either we've got a good staff or we don't. No point in continually re-hashing the same crap over and over. We play FL tomorrow. It's been a week since that KY game. Move the hell on.

Dawg61
09-28-2018, 10:33 AM
All this back and forth will end after Sat. Either we've got a good staff or we don't. No point in continually re-hashing the same crap over and over. We play FL tomorrow. It's been a week since that KY game. Move the hell on.

Have some rep

Commercecomet24
09-28-2018, 11:09 AM

Dead on! Post of the week!

Captain Falcon
09-28-2018, 11:20 AM

Well said!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2018, 01:33 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cooterpoot again.

RougeDawg
09-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Since the media has been so good at picking the SEC West standings over the years** I don't remember finishing 2nd in the west last year? I remember finishing behind Bama, Auburn and LSU. There was never any guarantee we were or are the second best team in the West.

Not saying we won't have a good or even great season but it seems like many just let reality slip out of the picture and let hearts take over. We are good enough defensively to be the 2nd best team in the west if not first but we were always going to have a few question marks on the offensive side of the football regardless of who was coaching.

I don?t recall my post above staring ee funhshed 2nd in the West last year. It reads than we started off the season as the #2 potential team in the west. We have most talent and experience to dethrone Bams this year. No we don?t have a clue what type of team we have because they folded like a cheap lawn chair last wwwk.

RocketDawg
09-28-2018, 07:06 PM
I just changed my hotel in Columbus from one of the older ones to one of the newer ones that was sold out last time I checked.

Think that was due to people canceling because of the Kentucky game?

RocketDawg
09-28-2018, 07:08 PM
I don?t recall my post above staring ee funhshed 2nd in the West last year. It reads than we started off the season as the #2 potential team in the west. We have most talent and experience to dethrone Bams this year. No we don?t have a clue what type of team we have because they folded like a cheap lawn chair last wwwk.

Yes, that's the way I read it first time around. Not sure how it could have been taken any differently.

What are you typing on? :)