PDA

View Full Version : Stop being ?jaded?. He made his choice, let?s move on.

Coach 57
09-25-2018, 01:01 PM
When Mullen made his decision to leave I was upset, just like all of you were (and some still are apparently). Then during my frustration & anger I became baffled, asking myself ?why on God?s green earth would he leave after he?s probably got the best chance he?ll ever get to get to Atlanta?? And that?s when it hit me, he?s moving to a ultimately better job. I know it?s borderline blasphemy to say this but guys, despite the high level (and too high for that matter) of expectation..eventually if they?ll hang on to him & give him time he?ll do a good job there once you get out of your feelings (like I did) you?ll see that.

The next stage after anger & then to realization, you?ll move to a state of gratitude.

He elevated our level as a program here and although I know many of you will staple a ?but? after your initial agreement; you need to know something...if he doesn?t want to be with you/us why are you so jaded?

It?s like that kid in high school that?s too creepy because he has this idea that ?if she won?t be with me, I won?t let her be with ANYONE!?

Guys, that?s nuts! Stop it! We will be better off just based on the fact that the people we have WANT TO BE HERE!

Maybe it?s because I have a biblical worldview but, it?s like the Gospel: God doesn?t send anyone to hell, they send themselves there because they won?t CHOOSE Christ. Rather they?d rather have what they want & ultimately that?s what hell is....a quarantine of people who pray...but no one answers. They thirst but they?ll never be satisfied & they don?t want hell but they don?t want the Lord. They wouldn’t trust in Christ’s righteousness ALONE & repent of their sins

This is the attitude that unfortunately most of our fans have right now when it comes to Mullen, why would you want someone who clearly doesn?t want you?

I?m grateful in what Mullen did here, I won?t boo him or hiss at him. I?ll want us to beat the crap out of UF, but I?m not jaded and you shouldn?t either. If I could honestly tell CDM anything, I?d tell him ?thanks coach for all the long hours you spent away from your wife & kids to make MSU football what is was & is.? I think if you?ll get out of your feelings you?ll do the same.

Turfdawg67
09-25-2018, 01:08 PM
Stop making posts with a multitude of question marks throughout.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 01:16 PM
Stop making posts with a multitude of question marks throughout.

Yup your question marks make me more jaded than Muffin's being a pus$y

Political Hack
09-25-2018, 01:18 PM
The only thing that ever upset me about him going back to Florida was the bad mouthing that Megan did and her vehemently saying that they'd never go back. I believed her. She lied. I think she's a great person. I really do, but to me the entire 9-years became a dog and pony show the second I realized she lied.

We all knew it was always about him. His ego. His program. His fingerprint. His "build."

That's why I want JoMo to succeed so badly. It needs to be proven with this head coach that it doesn't take a miracle to win in starkville. It's very doable and, if JoMo is ultimately successful, we will have had a successful run by 3 of our last 4 head coaches.

BrunswickDawg
09-25-2018, 01:31 PM
I think the Dan complex will wind down after this weekend. We are still in the angry phase where you are hoping to run into your ex while with your hotter, younger girlfriend so you can give her a nice "FU beeyotch!
After we have done that this weekend, we should be good.

starkvegasdawg
09-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Not mad that he left. I'm mad at how he left. When your goodbye speech to the team is two words and a swift walk out the door then I lost all respect for him. He didn't really owe me, as a fan and season ticket holder, much of anything. He owed those players more than that. They fought, and bled, and put their bodies through hell for him and they deserved more than "I'm leaving".

Tbonewannabe
09-25-2018, 01:34 PM
I think it boils down to he wasn't appreciative of MSU. I am appreciative for everything he did but I am pissed off the way he left. He put a thank you in the paper after about 2 or 3 weeks when it was becoming a bigger deal. Fitz was pretty unhappy with how he left. My buddy mentioned something that I didn't think of.

Fitz just had a possible career ending injury. Did Mullen reach out to him or anything like that? It seems like that answer is no. It seems like Dan cut all ties and was happy to finally get "his dream job". He has done numerous interviews where it was the easiest decision in his life to go to UF. He basically left without telling the team anything. I thought Tubberville was shitty how he did UM and I hope their program burns to the ground. Mullen did almost the exact same thing to a program I love.

So using your scenario, the girl dumps you after you are willing to get engaged. She then goes around bragging how much better her new boyfriend is and how she just tolerated you until someone better came along. She now talks about how shitty you were before she made you better. Are you still supposed to appreciate the girl and clap when she comes back to town?

Commercecomet24
09-25-2018, 01:35 PM
The only thing that ever upset me about him going back to Florida was the bad mouthing that Megan did and her vehemently saying that they'd never go back. I believed her. She lied. I think she's a great person. I really do, but to me the entire 9-years became a dog and pony show the second I realized she lied.

We all knew it was always about him. His ego. His program. His fingerprint. His "build."

That's why I want JoMo to succeed so badly. It needs to be proven with this head coach that it doesn't take a miracle to win in starkville. It's very doable and, if JoMo is ultimately successful, we will have had a successful run by 3 of our last 4 head coaches.

Very well said! My sentiments exactly!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Political Hack again.

Tbonewannabe
09-25-2018, 01:37 PM
Not mad that he left. I'm mad at how he left. When your goodbye speech to the team is two words and a swift walk out the door then I lost all respect for him. He didn't really owe me, as a fan and season ticket holder, much of anything. He owed those players more than that. They fought, and bled, and put their bodies through hell for him and they deserved more than "I'm leaving".

The thank you letter also to the fans was about a month too late. Most coaches release something within a day or two. They didn't do anything until the complaints got too loud. At the end of the day, we found out that the MSU family never included the Mullen family because you don't do that to your family if you cared.

LC Dawg
09-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Nick Saban is a dickhead. Matt Luke is a fat pos. Jimbo Fisher is a not fat pos. I could go on. I don't like any of these coaches and that's fine because they coach our opponents.
Dan Mullen is a dickhead who doesn't give two shits about Mississippi State and he coaches an opponent but I'm supposed to like him? If anyone boos him they're being jaded? There is a time and a place to appreciate what Dan Mullen did for Mississippi State and it damn sure isn't when Mississippi State is playing Florida in the 5th game of the first season after he left.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2018, 02:09 PM
I'll be cool with Mullen Sunday morning.

He's got hell to pay from me on Saturday night.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Don't forget to include Mullen letting OM break his QB's ankle and do dogpissing TD celebrations on our field all night long during Thanksgiving while they rolled us as he sat there just waiting for the game to be over so he could start packing his anal beads for the trip to Gainesville.

Leroy Jenkins
09-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Nobody gives any effs about Don leaving. People are pissed because of the constant, yearly, shopping himself around and the effects it had on the team at the end of every season. As evidenced by our collapse in TBFTGE every year. Not to mention having the courtesy to say anything to the team except In leaving" and then walking out. Bitch move, Don.

TrapGame
09-25-2018, 02:24 PM
I'll be cool with Mullen Sunday morning.

He's got hell to pay from me on Saturday night.

This. ^^^

MaroonBelle
09-25-2018, 03:05 PM
I think it boils down to he wasn't appreciative of MSU. I am appreciative for everything he did but I am pissed off the way he left. He put a thank you in the paper after about 2 or 3 weeks when it was becoming a bigger deal. Fitz was pretty unhappy with how he left. My buddy mentioned something that I didn't think of.

Fitz just had a possible career ending injury. Did Mullen reach out to him or anything like that? It seems like that answer is no. It seems like Dan cut all ties and was happy to finally get "his dream job". He has done numerous interviews where it was the easiest decision in his life to go to UF. He basically left without telling the team anything. I thought Tubberville was shitty how he did UM and I hope their program burns to the ground. Mullen did almost the exact same thing to a program I love.

So using your scenario, the girl dumps you after you are willing to get engaged. She then goes around bragging how much better her new boyfriend is and how she just tolerated you until someone better came along. She now talks about how shitty you were before she made you better. Are you still supposed to appreciate the girl and clap when she comes back to town?

On top of all that, she tried to take all YOUR friends with her when she left, she kept coming round to see them and trying to convince them to leave you, telling them how much more fun they would have at the new bf's parties.

Todd4State
09-25-2018, 03:09 PM
I won't boo Dan Saturday but I sure won't clap for him either. I doubt there will be any moment specifically made by MSU to recognize him in any way shape or form.

The biggest problem I had with Dan as others have said was the constant shopping of himself around. That really hurt us in ways that a lot of our fans don't realize. We win the 2015 Egg Bowl- we go to the Sugar Bowl instead of the Belk Bowl. That would have been back to back NY6 bowl appearances by us. We win the 2017 Egg Bowl we're probably in the Citrus Bowl playing ND. The shopping around should have been nipped in the bud by MSU in 2015. By not forcing him to make changes to the country club we're suffering now on the offensive line and at WR and it's going to take a couple of years to fix it. If our fans are going to be pissed at Joe for screwing up a "special" season- give at least 25% of the blame to the country club as well.

I just hope that MSU as an institution has learned it's lesson and never allows a coach to walk all over us like that again.

Turfdawg67
09-25-2018, 06:05 PM

So you don't think 8-4 and SEC Coach of the Year was successful?? **

wasabaka
09-25-2018, 06:52 PM
So you?re saying that Dan Mullen is Jesus Christ?*

Goldendawg
09-25-2018, 07:31 PM
Heard an interview with Dan on Head to Head today on the way home. He took credit for building the atmosphere at DWS and the tradition of playing "Don't Stop Believing" at the end of the 3rd quarter. I hope we don't play that song at all unless we are comfortably ahead with a victory assured. JMO.

DLGDawg
09-25-2018, 07:58 PM
And the fact that we got word to him to quit poaching our recruits. He said F... off.

Todd4State
09-25-2018, 08:08 PM
Heard an interview with Dan on Head to Head today on the way home. He took credit for building the atmosphere at DWS and the tradition of playing "Don't Stop Believing" at the end of the 3rd quarter. I hope we don't play that song at all unless we are comfortably ahead with a victory assured. JMO.

I'm not exactly sure hy Dan seems so obsessed with "starting" our atmosphere? He's either ignorant of our history or an egomaniac. Probably both.

Todd4State
09-25-2018, 08:10 PM
So you don't think 8-4 and SEC Coach of the Year was successful?? **

Every coach we have had since Shira has had success here. And even Shira was able to manage a 6-5 season once.

Our problem seems to be we don't know when to cut bait.

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2018, 11:05 PM
When Mullen made his decision to leave I was upset, just like all of you were (and some still are apparently). Then during my frustration & anger I became baffled, asking myself ?why on God?s green earth would he leave after he?s probably got the best chance he?ll ever get to get to Atlanta?? And that?s when it hit me, he?s moving to a ultimately better job. I know it?s borderline blasphemy to say this but guys, despite the high level (and too high for that matter) of expectation..eventually if they?ll hang on to him & give him time he?ll do a good job there once you get out of your feelings (like I did) you?ll see that.

The next stage after anger & then to realization, you?ll move to a state of gratitude.

He elevated our level as a program here and although I know many of you will staple a ?but? after your initial agreement; you need to know something...if he doesn?t want to be with you/us why are you so jaded?

It?s like that kid in high school that?s too creepy because he has this idea that ?if she won?t be with me, I won?t let her be with ANYONE!?

Guys, that?s nuts! Stop it! We will be better off just based on the fact that the people we have WANT TO BE HERE!

Maybe it?s because I have a biblical worldview but, it?s like the Gospel: God doesn?t send anyone to hell, they send themselves there because they won?t CHOOSE Christ. Rather they?d rather have what they want & ultimately that?s what hell is....a quarantine of people who pray...but no one answers. They thirst but they?ll never be satisfied & they don?t want hell but they don?t want the Lord. They wouldn?t trust in Christ?s righteousness ALONE & repent of their sins

This is the attitude that unfortunately most of our fans have right now when it comes to Mullen, why would you want someone who clearly doesn?t want you?

I?m grateful in what Mullen did here, I won?t boo him or hiss at him. I?ll want us to beat the crap out of UF, but I?m not jaded and you shouldn?t either. If I could honestly tell CDM anything, I?d tell him ?thanks coach for all the long hours you spent away from your wife & kids to make MSU football what is was & is.? I think if you?ll get out of your feelings you?ll do the same.

Nobody is saying he couldnt leave. Everybody is saying the hell with him for how he treated us after what we gave him. He didnt just do for us. We gave him everything he ever asked for and he repaid us by job hunting every year since 2010 and shutting it down during good seasons after a Bama loss.

And texting Tennessee's athletic director the night before his last game was pretty bad. Nobody is saying if he cant be with us he cant be with anyone.

Tbonewannabe
09-25-2018, 11:33 PM
Nobody is saying he couldnt leave. Everybody is saying the hell with him for how he treated us after what we gave him. He didnt just do for us. We gave him everything he ever asked for and he repaid us by job hunting every year since 2010 and shutting it down during good seasons after a Bama loss.

And texting Tennessee's athletic director the night before his last game was pretty bad. Nobody is saying if he cant be with us he cant be with anyone.

If he tells the team and fans that the opportunity is too good to pass up then we understand. UF is paying a lot and it is a more prestigious job. I 100% don't blame him for accepting the job. I fully blame him for how he left and how he wasn't 100% committed at the end of the year for multiple years. He tried to leave before but the job fell through because he tried to leave Maryland dangling in the wind the same way he did UT. Then the Miami job fell through but Maryland had already gotten tired of waiting.

msbulldog
09-26-2018, 06:37 AM

Maybe it?s because I have a biblical worldview but, it?s like the Gospel: God doesn?t send anyone to hell, they send themselves there because they won?t CHOOSE Christ. Rather they?d rather have what they want & ultimately that?s what hell is....a quarantine of people who pray...but no one answers. They thirst but they?ll never be satisfied & they don?t want hell but they don?t want the Lord. They wouldn?t trust in Christ?s righteousness ALONE & repent of their sins

AMEN as always Coach and thanks.

Dental Dawg33
09-26-2018, 08:27 AM

Pretty much nailed it

MedDawg
09-26-2018, 08:56 AM
Should we not talk about Mullen when we are about to play against him? When we left, we knew we were going to see him again September 29, 2018. I'm sure the talk will die down after this game.

I don't blame him for leaving for Florida, although he will be fired in 3 years unless he produces better than he did at State. Whereas he could have stayed at State with the same production for a lot longer. I didn't like how he immediately went after MSU commits and targets to try to get them to UF. And I REALLY didn't like it when I found out Mullen had been talking to Tennessee during the season and texting the Tennessee AD the day of the Egg Bowl. He had simply checked out before the end of the season.

Tbonewannabe
09-26-2018, 10:22 AM
Should we not talk about Mullen when we are about to play against him? When we left, we knew we were going to see him again September 29, 2018. I'm sure the talk will die down after this game.

I don't blame him for leaving for Florida, although he will be fired in 3 years unless he produces better than he did at State. Whereas he could have stayed at State with the same production for a lot longer. I didn't like how he immediately went after MSU commits and targets to try to get them to UF. And I REALLY didn't like it when I found out Mullen had been talking to Tennessee during the season and texting the Tennessee AD the day of the Egg Bowl. He had simply checked out before the end of the season.

He pretty much did that for the last several years. It seems the only time he didn't was when the bowl streak was at stake. It seems that since he won 9 games his 2nd year that he was always looking to leave. We just paid more than the market would until UF and UT got desperate after striking out on their top picks. He has been looking for a place that made recruiting easier for quite a while. Unfortunately for him, UGA is becoming Bama East so his easy path to the SEC Championship game just became almost as difficult.

Matty Dispatch
09-26-2018, 10:26 AM

Yeah, I watched his press conference. He took credit for the cowbell rules and the atmosphere. Like Stricklin did nothing, ha, yeah right.

Tbonewannabe
09-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I watched his press conference. He took credit for the cowbell rules and the atmosphere. Like Stricklin did nothing, ha, yeah right.

Didn't Byrne get the ball rolling with the cowbell rule? I could be wrong.

Matty Dispatch
09-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Didn't Byrne get the ball rolling with the cowbell rule? I could be wrong.

Yeah, I think you're right. I believe 2010 was the first year we were allowed to have them again, but they had all the crazy rules like only at timeout or between quarters. Then we got fined a few times. But before the 2013 or 2014 season they finally said, ok ring whenever until the center is over the ball. I think Stricklin did a good job of emphasizing why it was important to ring responsibly so we'd be allowed to keep them and it's be a huge success the last 5 years or so. Not sure we've been fined since.

RougeDawg
09-26-2018, 09:30 PM
The only worry I have about tour team this weekend is them getting too hyped up wanting payback, and we shit the bed again. If last week showed anything, it showed that we do not have a mentally tough team. We have to come out calm and get ahead early.

I just think it?s hilarious that we are honoring the two coaches befor Don, during the game. There is a message being sent with this.

Tbonewannabe
09-27-2018, 12:24 PM
The only worry I have about tour team this weekend is them getting too hyped up wanting payback, and we shit the bed again. If last week showed anything, it showed that we do not have a mentally tough team. We have to come out calm and get ahead early.

I just think it?s hilarious that we are honoring the two coaches befor Don, during the game. There is a message being sent with this.

I believe honoring Jackie is a kind of message but you also get the last 4 MSU coaches at the same game. It is a unique situation.