PDA

View Full Version : Danny 2 gloves monday presser

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2018, 01:16 AM
Apart from all the eehhhhhh yeah well ya knows and smugness as usual he took credit for 9 years of what happened here. There wasnt a lot of ''we's'' there was a lot of I's, me's and my's.

He said he got the ring responsibly rule passed and he said he told all the other coaches in the league we would just bring them in anyway if you ban them...they were banned forever before the rule was even passed so no Danno you didnt do that.

He did give credit to the fans for selling out games and buying in, to which he repaid us by trying to get every other job he could and shutting it down after losing to Bama every time we had a good year going.

Moorhead please do not lose Saturday. I dont know if this fanbase can take it. The ones who have a pair anyway....

Skydawg1
09-25-2018, 01:20 AM
His presser was very respectful. Only *****'s will ...will just be *****'s.

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2018, 01:29 AM
His presser was very respectful. Only *****'s will ...will just be *****'s.

To each his own.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 02:14 AM
Moorhead please do not lose Saturday. I dont know if this fanbase can take it. The ones who have a pair anyway....

This makes no sense. You're implying those that have a pair of nuts can't handle losing to Florida. Patience isn't for the weak. You're showing your frustration with having to face the reality that we are most likely going to have to repeat some of the same steps we took in the last 9 years. Yes it sucks but we did hire a first time FBS head coach so just like if we had a freshman starting QB we have to go through some growing pains with him. Again. It was a total pipe dream that we weren't going to have to go through some growing pains with a brand new never been SEC HC before. If you despise patience than fork over $7 mill a year for Jimbo Fisher but even then he won't take our job because we are Mississippi State and we can't just buy the best available coach with major experience on the market. They always say no.

Cowbell
09-25-2018, 05:59 AM
Apart from all the eehhhhhh yeah well ya knows and smugness as usual he took credit for 9 years of what happened here. There wasnt a lot of ''we's'' there was a lot of I's, me's and my's.

He said he got the ring responsibly rule passed and he said he told all the other coaches in the league we would just bring them in anyway if you ban them...they were banned forever before the rule was even passed so no Danno you didnt do that.

He did give credit to the fans for selling out games and buying in, to which he repaid us by trying to get every other job he could and shutting it down after losing to Bama every time we had a good year going.

I agree with you on this Bucky - a lot of I dids from him.
For example - Quote - I spent 9 years creating the atmosphere. - no sir we created the atmosphere. But thanks for getting us some wins to help us Improve the atmosphere. He acted like all the noise we will be making on Saturday is actually a product he created. He just won?t stop believin....

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2018, 08:36 AM
It would be very Miss State for Marlins to walk-in talking trash, grab a win and walk out smiling. I’ve been a MState fan too long. I know how this plays out and I can take it.

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2018, 08:42 AM
I agree with you on this Bucky - a lot of I dids from him.
For example - Quote - I spent 9 years creating the atmosphere. - no sir we created the atmosphere. But thanks for getting us some wins to help us Improve the atmosphere. He acted like all the noise we will be making on Saturday is actually a product he created. He just won?t stop believin....

In all my years of following MSU football, I have not seen the stadium sold out back to back to back. Some of the atmosphere and crowds is due to larger enrollment and people?s propensity to get out and go to games now a Days. (Except columbus people. They still have one MSU shirt and a $20 in the front pocket. They don?t change either on Saturday) However the wins helped tremendously and you can attribute the wins directly to him. His run as HC was the greatest era of MSU football that I have witnessed.

However with that said, he was done with us and our fan base had become very apathetic towards him for a couple of seasons. The relationship had run its course and it was time for him and us to
Move on. I just hope we don?t spiral down like Arkansas did after Nutt. .... and so many others.... like Alabama after Stallings and so on

Political Hack
09-25-2018, 09:01 AM
It would be very Miss State for Marlins to walk-in talking trash, grab a win and walk out smiling. I’ve been a MState fan too long. I know how this plays out and I can take it.

If that happens, I don't know if lll be able to stomach another snap of this football team. I'll seriously shut down fanville for the remainder of the season. Quit drinking Dr Pepper. Whole 9 yards...

Win Saturday, or 2018 is over.

msstate7
09-25-2018, 09:04 AM
If that happens, I don't know if lll be able to stomach another snap of this football team. I'll seriously shut down fanville for the remainder of the season. Quit drinking Dr Pepper. Whole 9 yards...

Win Saturday, or 2018 is over and Moorhead is done

Fify

Political Hack
09-25-2018, 09:15 AM
Lol. I'm not there yet. He deserves several years to get his program installed. That doesn't happen in 3-4 weeks. That said, 2018 is a wash if we lose this weekend. Outside of a possible trip to Nashville at the end of the year, the season will be worthless compared to what it should've been. That's just the truth. You can't go from Sugar bowl hopes to bring a hopeful for Shreveport and be happy about it. Just not practical...

Commercecomet24
09-25-2018, 09:17 AM
Lol. I'm not there yet. He deserves several years to get his program installed. That doesn't happen in 3-4 weeks. That said, 2018 is a wash if we lose this weekend. Outside of a possible trip to Nashville at the end of the year, the season will be worthless compared to what it should've been. That's just the truth. You can't go from Sugar bowl hopes to bring a hopeful for Shreveport and be happy about it. Just not practical...

This is about where I'm at as well.

msstate7
09-25-2018, 09:22 AM

I've been preaching this is our window all offseason. If we can't make noise this season, we won't for the foreseeable future. aTm is moving into the top 3 in the west after this season. Bama, auburn, and LSU will stay around top. Ark, state, and OM will be a battle for 5th starting next season if not this one

smootness
09-25-2018, 09:41 AM

I just don't think I've ever seen a coach step into a good situation, immediately crap the bed with it, but then ultimately build a good program.

If this year is a wash, then Moorhead is a dead man walking.

Dawg2003
09-25-2018, 09:57 AM
I've been preaching this is our window all offseason. If we can't make noise this season, we won't for the foreseeable future. aTm is moving into the top 3 in the west after this season. Bama, auburn, and LSU will stay around top. Ark, state, and OM will be a battle for 5th starting next season if not this one

The thing about AK, OM, and us is that we only have limited windows of opportunity. Mainly because we can't recruit at the same level as the 4 other teams in our division or like TAMU, buy a coach that has won a national championship. Those 4 teams will have multiple chances to compete. They can wait around for Bama to slip up. I'm not one to settle for low expectations, but football isn't like basketball or baseball. You can't just get hot at the right time and play your way into the postseason or the championship game. At least in the SEC, baseball and basketball are much more fluid with who's at the top and who's at the bottom.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 10:03 AM
I just don't think I've ever seen a coach step into a good situation, immediately crap the bed with it, but then ultimately build a good program.

Our program is dead man walking if we allow ourselves to give up on Moorhead after only 5 games into his tenure. You guys want to continue to be a top 4 SEC West program it HAS to be with Moorhead.

smootness
09-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Our program is dead man walking if we allow ourselves to give up on Moorhead after only 5 games into his tenure. You guys want to continue to be a top 4 SEC West program it HAS to be with Moorhead.

I know that. I'm just saying that early signs don't look great. I'm not giving up on him yet, and it doesn't really matter if I do. I'll be there this Saturday rooting hard.

I'm just saying, if he loses to Florida, he's not the guy that's going to even keep us where we've been.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 10:17 AM
I'm just saying, if he loses to Florida, he's not the guy that's going to even keep us where we've been.

I don't agree with this. Nick Fitzgerald is a great running QB but Moorhead didn't recruit him to lead his offense. He might would have but I doubt it and that's no knock on Fitz whose about to set the all-time SEC QB rushing record.

smootness
09-25-2018, 10:27 AM
I don't agree with this. Nick Fitzgerald is a great running QB but Moorhead didn't recruit him to lead his offense. He might would have but I doubt it and that's no knock on Fitz whose about to set the all-time SEC QB rushing record.

Good coaches adapt, especially when they have a team set up to contend. Good coaches don't continue jamming the square peg in the round hole and then say, 'I like round pegs but was given a square one, what do you want me to do?'

Political Hack
09-25-2018, 10:52 AM

I find it hard to place the blame on a guy that's closing in on Tebow's and Dak's records. He's obviously good at something. It's up to the coaches to get their guys the right looks. Offense has to fit the personnel somewhat. Otherwise we're going to find ourselves in a perpetual Croom situation. Mississippi just doesn't have enough D1 SEC level players to fill our team with "guys that fit the system," at least not on a consistent basis. We have to tweak things year to year based on personnel. Year 1 will obviously be the most difficult, which is why I'm not worried about JoMo long term. Just sucks that we've blown a huge opportunity. Unfortunately for us, the stars only align every so often.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 11:01 AM
I find it hard to place the blame on a guy that's closing in on Tebow's and Dak's records. He's obviously good at something.

Yea he's good at running the ball. Why'd he try to throw 32 passes in the rain then? We had a WR try to dry his hands off on his butt towel while going into the act of trying to catch a pass. Have you ever seen that before in your life? I haven't. I certainly wouldn't try to throw 32 passes in a rainstorm like that when my receivers are trying to dry their hands right before catching passes and then throwing their soaking wet gloves on the turf right afterwards in frustration from dropping the slippery football.

smootness
09-25-2018, 11:18 AM
Yea he's good at running the ball. Why'd he try to throw 32 passes in the rain then? We had a WR try to dry his hands off on his butt towel while going into the act of trying to catch a pass. Have you ever seen that before in your life? I haven't. I certainly wouldn't try to throw 32 passes in a rainstorm like that when my receivers are trying to dry their hands right before catching passes and then throwing their soaking wet gloves on the turf right afterwards in frustration from dropping the slippery football.

This is such a bizarre argument from you.

If Moorhead didn't want Fitzgerald to throw that much but kept calling plays that allowed him to do it and then just watched while he did it, that's on him. 100%.

You can't be the head coach, and certainly not also the play-caller, and then come back and say, 'We may have won if our dang QB hadn't decided to throw it so much.'

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 11:57 AM
This is such a bizarre argument from you.

If Moorhead didn't want Fitzgerald to throw that much but kept calling plays that allowed him to do it and then just watched while he did it, that's on him. 100%.

You can't be the head coach, and certainly not also the play-caller, and then come back and say, 'We may have won if our dang QB hadn't decided to throw it so much.'

The entire 25 seconds being used in between snaps right now is a total cluster****. It looks like a guy not having a clue how to read a defense getting a call from a guy too afraid to be assertive or correct him. Both dudes need to stop playing so nice with each other if this offense is gonna work.

Bothrops
09-25-2018, 12:03 PM
If Don wins Saturday, anything that we wanted to get accomplished will be dashed until at least 2020. That's not a negative opinion, it is a fact.

smootness
09-25-2018, 12:11 PM
The entire 25 seconds being used in between snaps right now is a total cluster****. It looks like a guy not having a clue how to read a defense getting a call from a guy too afraid to be assertive or correct him. Both dudes need to stop playing so nice with each other if this offense is gonna work.

It's ultimately on Moorhead. Period.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 12:25 PM
It's ultimately on Moorhead. Period.

Of course. It is his offense. Make sure it's getting run correctly.

Beaver
09-25-2018, 12:36 PM

Kirby Smart in 2016 lost to a bad Ole Miss team, and then followed that up with losses to Vandy, Butch Jones, and Georgia Tech all at home. They were 10-3 the year before, almost National Champs the year after...

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 12:42 PM
Kirby Smart in 2016 lost to a bad Ole Miss team, and then followed that up with losses to Vandy, Butch Jones, and Georgia Tech all at home. They were 10-3 the year before, almost National Champs the year after...

Saban was 7-5 at Bama with losses to Croom and La-Monroe in his first year. No school has more built in advantages than Bama.

msstate7
09-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Smart and saban both had top 3 recruiting classes their first year. You think we do that? I think aTm looks more likely to make the big jump next season than us... they currently have the top 3 class like smart and saban did

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 01:02 PM
Smart and saban both had top 3 recruiting classes their first year. You think we do that? I think aTm looks more likely to make the big jump next season than us... they currently have the top 3 class like smart and saban did

We won't ever have a top 3 recruiting class. Not with Belichick as HC, Saban as DC and Aaron Rodgers as our starting QB would we be able to sign a top 3 class. I'd rather have Bama's strength & conditioning program than their shiny top rated classes every year. Bama is turning these dudes into gigantic monsters every year on defense. They are flat out way bigger than everyone every single year.

smootness
09-25-2018, 01:04 PM

Fair enough, but Smart started recruiting better than UGA had been immediately. We certainly aren't doing that here right now.

smootness
09-25-2018, 01:04 PM
Saban was 7-5 at Bama with losses to Croom and La-Monroe in his first year. No school has more built in advantages than Bama.

That Bama team was not set up to win immediately.

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2018, 01:31 PM

Yeah I don’t get the whole “if we lose to
Florida it’s over “ thought process. If we lose (I’m feeling we will...) it will zero barring on how good of career Moorhead has at State. Except one less win in the W column.

It is his first head coaching job at this level. Moorhead will get better.

smootness
09-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Florida it’s over “ thought process. If we lose (I’m feeling we will...) it will zero barring on how good of career Moorhead has at State. Except one less win in the W column.

Right, but it will be tough for our talent level to get any better. That's why this season was so important.

TUSK
09-25-2018, 01:52 PM
That Bama team was not set up to win immediately.

This is correct... It took a huge "Purge"...

(cue Beardo with sweetass "Purge the Movie Meme" thingy)

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 02:05 PM
Right, but it will be tough for our talent level to get any better. That's why this season was so important.

Only on the DL would it be tough to nearly impossible to improve the talent from 2 1st round picks. Everywhere else on the field can be improved as far as a talent alone aspect. Just about all 22 guys could see massive improvement from an execution standpoint especially our OL, QB, WRs, P and RBs. We only had 3 "explosive" plays after averaging 20 per game the previous 3. Almost everyone on the field and all the coaches can improve drastically in the poise area as well controlling their emotions or for one in particular actually showing some emotion.

smootness
09-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Only on the DL would it be tough to nearly impossible to improve the talent from 2 1st round picks. Everywhere else on the field can be improved as far as a talent alone aspect. Just about all 22 guys could see massive improvement from an execution standpoint especially our OL, QB, WRs, P and RBs. We only had 3 "explosive" plays after averaging 20 per game the previous 3. Almost everyone on the field and all the coaches can improve drastically in the poise area as well controlling their emotions or for one in particular actually showing some emotion.

Right, execution was awful. That's exactly what we're talking about. If you take good talent and produce terrible execution, that's a coaching problem.

And sure, we can improve the talent...but at Mississippi State, it's going to be pretty difficult to field an altogether more talented team. It just is. It's why we arguably have never done it in our history.

The DL, very tough to even replicate at Mississippi State. The LB...very talented across the board. They could improve, but it would be tough. The secondary...sure, we could field a more talented secondary, but our safeties are very highly thought of, and we have pretty good corners as well.

And on offense, we can have a more talented group certainly. But this one is talented as is. It's not like we'll get better simply by recruiting well. We will have to recruit really well to improve the talent, and then it may not be significantly better.

preachermatt83
09-25-2018, 02:18 PM

I agree with this completely

preachermatt83
09-25-2018, 02:19 PM

It's not that hard to understand.. it is because this is the most talented team he will ever have here.

preachermatt83
09-25-2018, 02:20 PM
If Don wins Saturday, anything that we wanted to get accomplished will be dashed until at least 2020. That's not a negative opinion, it is a fact.

You sir are correct

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 02:22 PM
It's not that hard to understand.. it is because this is the most talented team he will ever have here.

Lol after 9 years of hearing half this fanbase bitching about recruiting I find this very hard to believe

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Right, execution was awful. That's exactly what we're talking about. If you take good talent and produce terrible execution, that's a coaching problem.

I'm giving Moorhead a pass because of the rain. Sorry but I am. If his offense totally shits the bed in any other game like what we just saw and it's not Thailand during the rainy season on the field I will melt along with you guys. Call that dumb I don't care. Moorhead's offense withered to shit in the rain. Fact.

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2018, 02:34 PM

I don?t follow recruiting until February but it is my understanding JoMo is rininging the bell louder than Mullen did???

Also I don?t share the widely accepted opinion that the 2018 team is a very talented football team. I think we are better than we showed Saturday. But we aren?t top 10 or anything like that. Which was proclaimed by our fans preseason. We have had better teams over the years.

BB30
09-25-2018, 02:36 PM
Yall act like Fitz hasn't run the ball at all this year... through3 games he is on pace to have more rushing TDs than last year.. about on pace with ypc... and is on pace to only have 12 less carries while playing one less half this regular season compared to last year.

It's not like the guy isn't getting his carries or that we switched to a pro style offense and are forcing Fitz to go from under center and do a ton of things he has never done before. I bet 90% of his passes against KY were inside 20 yd throws. If we have an SEC QB that cant complete passes inside 20 yds at a fairly regular rate we are in trouble against the teams we would have to beat to win the west anyway.

So while yall are talking about a special season I personally don't see any difference in us winning 9 games and 7 if we aren't going to win the West and or beat a couple teams we haven't on a regular basis. Which we won't do without completing some passes down field at some point.

CovertDawg
09-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Why was everyone so certain this Mississippi State team would be the one to make a leap this year? The signs were there last year this group has some serious letdowns.

1. Stomped by Georgia and Auburn
2. Trailed a 2-7 UMASS team at Halftime at HOME
3. Gave up at least 21 points in each of the last 5 games. And yes, our D is and was good but it is not like we were out there throwing shutouts last year.
4. Egg Bowl Disaster

The team went toe to toe versus Bama at home....but for whatever reason, this collection of players takes weeks off. It is their track record.

WPS
09-25-2018, 05:00 PM
The thing about AK, OM, and us is that we only have limited windows of opportunity. Mainly because we can't recruit at the same level as the 4 other teams in our division or like TAMU, buy a coach that has won a national championship.

Yeah I don't see Alaska having much of a chance in the SEC West at all ;)

I seen it dawg
09-25-2018, 08:34 PM
**** mullen

DawgFromOxford
09-25-2018, 08:48 PM
it is because this is the most talented team he will ever have here.

Well let's hope not. If thats the case just go ahead and turn in your football fandom. No point in caring because we will never have the talent to make a run for Atlanta... Get out of here with that trash.

Dawg2003
09-25-2018, 09:18 PM
Well let's hope not. If thats the case just go ahead and turn in your football fandom. No point in caring because we will never have the talent to make a run for Atlanta... Get out of here with that trash.

We are not going to ATL as long as Saban is at Bama. LSU and Auburn can barely get there even with the talent they have. Auburn went in there limping last year. We can go to Omaha and the Final 4, but we are not going to the ATL.

sandwolf
09-26-2018, 12:03 AM
I'm giving Moorhead a pass because of the rain. Sorry but I am. If his offense totally shits the bed in any other game like what we just saw and it's not Thailand during the rainy season on the field I will melt along with you guys. Call that dumb I don't care. Moorhead's offense withered to shit in the rain. Fact.

It's no dumber than anything I can come up with. I can't even begin to explain what happened to our offense on Saturday.....it felt like we were playing the '85 Bears.

I'm still behind Moorhead but I'd be lying if I said wasn't at least a little concerned after that performance...I just felt like he looked like a deer in headlights out there. Hopefully it was a huge anomaly. I guess we'll find out one way or the other over the next 2 weeks.

biggun
09-26-2018, 08:52 AM

Agree. Saturday night our season is on the line. Win or look out below

Dawgology
09-26-2018, 08:58 AM
Why was everyone so certain this Mississippi State team would be the one to make a leap this year? The signs were there last year this group has some serious letdowns.

1. Stomped by Georgia and Auburn
2. Trailed a 2-7 UMASS team at Halftime at HOME
3. Gave up at least 21 points in each of the last 5 games. And yes, our D is and was good but it is not like we were out there throwing shutouts last year.
4. Egg Bowl Disaster

The team went toe to toe versus Bama at home....but for whatever reason, this collection of players takes weeks off. It is their track record.

It's leadership on the team. I like Fitz as an athlete but I don't know that he is a true leader (leading by example, work ethic, etc.). Having that, or the lack thereof, can change a talented team that can win 9-10 into a NC team. We just don't have that on this team at this time in my opinion.

biggun
09-26-2018, 09:06 AM

Georgia also is reeling in Top 3 recruiting classes every year now, and before Smart they were landing Top 10 to 15 classes every year - My point is Georgia has and will always have a ton more talent than us. Apples to oranges. Same for Alabama

biggun
09-26-2018, 09:42 AM

And sure, we can improve the talent...but at Mississippi State, it's going to be pretty difficult to field an altogether more talented team. It just is. It's why we arguably have never done it in our history.

The DL, very tough to even replicate at Mississippi State. The LB...very talented across the board. They could improve, but it would be tough. The secondary...sure, we could field a more talented secondary, but our safeties are very highly thought of, and we have pretty good corners as well.

And on offense, we can have a more talented group certainly. But this one is talented as is. It's not like we'll get better simply by recruiting well. We will have to recruit really well to improve the talent, and then it may not be significantly better.

Position groups Against average to below average competition thus far this season:

DL - excellent talent and play although Rivers should be starting over Green and get C Thomas more work with the 1st team

LB - below average,
W Gay is an extrememly talented football player but so far a very mediocre LB.
L Lewis - has been solid at times this year but mediocre to bad in pass coverage and is good for at least 2 beyond stupid penalties each and every game.
E Thompson - did he play Saturday night****???? Took some bad angles and Had trouble getting off blocks Saturday night
Need to sign some stud LB?s this Feb

WR - how many dropped passes did we have Saturday night?? And against K State??? Mediocre to below average group. Should not take much on signing day to improve this group

Secondary - Brandon Bryant, I meant Mark McLaurin has been a no show this season, missed tackles, a step late in pass coverage, etc., expected a monster season from Bryant****, still time. Our CB?s don?t play the ball
Abram is NFL bound, awesome. Cole is a beast too but both juco?s.
But outside of Dantzler, is there another starting SEC CB on the roster?? Maybe Peters, but he is hurt and has been up and down the last 3 years. Smitherman??? Rayford????
Must recruit better high school CB?s and safeties

OL - Hevesy worked magic with this 2 star group but our OL recruiting has nowhere to go but up.