PDA

View Full Version : I got a feeling, especially if we win Saturday...

Negative Waves
09-24-2018, 04:42 PM
that Moorhead is going to be Jackie Sherrill 2.0 in terms of how this team looks on the field discipline-wise and in the W-L column. I watched parts of the 92 UF game a few weeks ago, and we are looking a whole lot like Jackie's squads in terms of penalties and discipline (or lack thereof) on the field. Holy cow, I forgot how penalized we were in games under him as coach. Jackie also lost some serious head scratchers in his career. 91 vs Memphis, 92 vs LSU (a 24-3 beat-down by a 2-9 team!), 92 vs USC (21-6 loss to a winless team), 94 vs LSU, 97 and 00 vs Arkansas, etc. On the other hand, he pulled some upsets, 91 vs Auburn, 94 vs Tenn, 96 vs Alabama, 97 vs Auburn.

Everybody complained that Mullen won the games he was supposed to win and lost the games he was supposed to lose. If I'm correct, Moorhead is going to pull some upsets but have some seriously frustrating losses during his tenure.

Captain Falcon
09-24-2018, 04:45 PM
Hopefully we got our seriously frustrating loss out of the way this year, and there’s just upsets ahead.

I can see where you’re coming from for sure. Mullen was very steady, I can see higher highs but lower lows with Moorhead.

Lord McBuckethead
09-24-2018, 07:57 PM
I would like to agree based on last Saturday, but I don't. Moorhead is going to succeed. All coaches lose games in piss poor ways sometimes. All teams woefully underperform and never get off the bus. It happens. Sucks it happened on Moorhead's first real game though. Now he is on notice. I think he is the type of guy that let's the team run for a little bit and now he is going to lay down the law. Just a hunch, but I bet no one had a fun day of practice Sunday or Monday.

Lord McBuckethead
09-24-2018, 07:59 PM
And as for the players only meeting, I hope that was followed up with 20 minutes of blast off by the coaches. Then, focus to dominate UF. Time for leaders to step up. Wish they would have at the end of the first quarter last Saturday.

Homedawg
09-24-2018, 08:20 PM
that Moorhead is going to be Jackie Sherrill 2.0 in terms of how this team looks on the field discipline-wise and in the W-L column. I watched parts of the 92 UF game a few weeks ago, and we are looking a whole lot like Jackie's squads in terms of penalties and discipline (or lack thereof) on the field. Holy cow, I forgot how penalized we were in games under him as coach. Jackie also lost some serious head scratchers in his career. 91 vs Memphis, 92 vs LSU (a 24-3 beat-down by a 2-9 team!), 92 vs USC (21-6 loss to a winless team), 94 vs LSU, 97 and 00 vs Arkansas, etc. On the other hand, he pulled some upsets, 91 vs Auburn, 94 vs Tenn, 96 vs Alabama, 97 vs Auburn.

Everybody complained that Mullen won the games he was supposed to win and lost the games he was supposed to lose. If I'm correct, Moorhead is going to pull some upsets but have some seriously frustrating losses during his tenure.

It's not just the loss but how we went about it. Got our ass whipped and looked unprepared. And losing those head scratchers doesn't cut it either. And Jackie didn't beat but one Bama team worth a shit. All the Dubose teams sucked.

TUSK
09-24-2018, 08:38 PM
It's not just the loss but how we went about it. Got our ass whipped and looked unprepared. And losing those head scratchers doesn't cut it either. And Jackie didn't beat but one Bama team worth a shit. All the Dubose teams sucked.

Fact.

Doggie_Style
09-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Bottom line is if we lose on Saturday JoMo is officially on the hot seat....we gave him the keys to the Corvette and he ran it in the ditch last weekend

Mobile Bay
09-24-2018, 08:48 PM
I got a feeling too.

I feel we are going to get our butt stomped Saturday.

RougeDawg
09-24-2018, 09:00 PM
And as for the players only meeting, I hope that was followed up with 20 minutes of blast off by the coaches. Then, focus to dominate UF. Time for leaders to step up. Wish they would have at the end of the first quarter last Saturday.

I honestly think allowing Fitz to change the plays at the LOS are more detrimental than beneficial. All the BS checking with the sideline is killing us and the momentum. Last year the Fitz led offense was most productive when we ran plays quickly and kept the defense in their heels. We have to do that to be successful with him at QB. The drive we scored Saturday was a face paced run heavy drive. We went right down the field methodically. It?s not very difficult to see what it will take for this team to win. The defense will keep us in every game.

parabrave
09-24-2018, 09:10 PM
Player only meetings only mean one thing; dumpster fire.

HoopsDawg
09-24-2018, 09:25 PM
Bottom line is if we lose on Saturday JoMo is officially on the hot seat....we gave him the keys to the Corvette and he ran it in the ditch last weekend

Pretty crazy to say 4 games into this guys career but Saturday is a must win for JoMo. It really is.

preachermatt83
09-24-2018, 09:34 PM
Pretty crazy to say 4 games into this guys career but Saturday is a must win for JoMo. It really is.

Your dang right it is.

gravedigger
09-24-2018, 09:43 PM

Your feeling is wrong. Every coach we have had in my 50 years of life has pulled some upsets and had some seriously frustrating losses. Mullen was no different.

Sherrill defended the players actions too much. He played the recruiting game like MSU never had and in the end, the players owned the prgram. In the beginning he changed the players and the fans mentality. Ultimately, he had no leadership above him to shield him from the NCAA and it cost him his ability to manage the players.

Moorhead will never deal with the players like Jackie did. He wont recruit the same type of players and he has no need to convince the players of anything. Moorhead has the leadership above him to have the courage of his convictions.

Moorhead could end up being unsuccessful, but any similarity to our football team from 1991 to 2003 will be purely coincidental.

confucius say
09-24-2018, 11:15 PM
I got a feeling too.

I feel we are going to get our butt stomped Saturday.

Want to make a friendly wager?

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 11:31 PM
This offense is more reliant on the QB making the right reads than we're used to and when the QB is off with decision making it makes the offense look really bad. However when the QB is making the right reads and is accurate the offense is almost unstoppable. I've been on Joe deservedly since Saturday but I think it's time for Fitz to get some heat too. He was very poor vs UK. A huge part of the lack of discipline on the field is our veteran leaders not taking control of the other players. Dak, Bernardrick McKinney, Nikoe Whitley, Preston Smith and Fletcher Cox would never let that shit go on. They didn't need Mullen to put a stop to it because they woulda done it themselves. Whose putting a stop to it DURING games? Jeffery Simmons needs to lead our team and stop the trash talking with the other teams. He's a phenomenal player but he's started pregame scuffles near a half dozen times now.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 11:35 PM
This offense is more reliant on the QB making the right reads than we're used to and when the QB is off with decision making it makes the offense look really bad. However when the QB is making the right reads and is accurate the offense is almost unstoppable. I've been on Joe deservedly since Saturday but I think it's time for Fitz to get some heat too. He was very poor vs UK. .

Correct, but, MOST OF ALL, our offense is about our OL blocking people & they didn't do that on Saturday.

Bigger issue is the offensive line going forward, not Fitz.

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 11:42 PM
Correct, but, MOST OF ALL, our offense is about our OL blocking people & they didn't do that on Saturday.

Bigger issue is the offensive line going forward, not Fitz.

Good point. Our offensive line was garbage. No defending their play. Allen may be a top 15 draft pick but every team we play here on is going to attempt to duplicate how Kentucky used him vs our tackles. They better learn how to minimize an animal coming off the edge real quick.

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2018, 12:01 AM

I'd like to see a stat of how many ''players only meetings'' happened on dumpster fire teams. I think I agree with you though. Its usually a bad omen but I cant say for certain haha

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2018, 12:16 AM
Good point. Our offensive line was garbage. No defending their play. Allen may be a top 15 draft pick but every team we play here on is going to attempt to duplicate how Kentucky used him vs our tackles. They better learn how to minimize an animal coming off the edge real quick.

Well, at least we know what defenses will do.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2018, 12:18 AM

Not really. Players only meetings are a good thing. People vent and they can get frustrations out in the open and clear the air.

We've only lost 1 game. Hardly a dumpster fire.

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Not really. Players only meetings are a good thing. People vent and they can get frustrations out in the open and clear the air.

We've only lost 1 game. Hardly a dumpster fire.

We looked like horse shit against the best team we have seen so far (that wouldnt sniff UGA or Bama) I'd say it is nut cutting time at the very least

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2018, 08:55 AM
I'd like to see a stat of how many ''players only meetings'' happened on dumpster fire teams. I think I agree with you though. Its usually a bad omen but I cant say for certain haha

Yeah I agree it doesn?t equal dumpster fire. But I haven?t heard of player only meetings for successful teams.

drummerdawg
09-25-2018, 09:58 AM
Yeah I agree it doesn?t equal dumpster fire. But I haven?t heard of player only meetings for successful teams.

Pretty sure Florida had one after they lost to om in 08.