PDA

View Full Version : Moving forward: Florida Game

BB30
09-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Thoughts on UF?

I have watched a little bit of their games but not just a ton due to the UF/TN game being during ours.

Defensively,
I think our DL will have their way with the UF OL. Our DL will be the best they have seen this year.(I know KYs D-line played well but they aren't as good top to bottom as our front 4)

If and it's a big IF we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties on defense we should be able to handle UF's offense pretty good.

Our defense went up against Mullen's offensive scheme for several years in fall camps. They should have a pretty good idea of whats coming at them.

Offensively,
Not going to lie I am worried here. UF has some boy dogs on that DL. CeCe and co will have to be accounted for. They have some solid pass rushers up front and some athletic physical DBs.

I don't think they are quite as strong at LB as they are everywhere else on that defense.

They aren't very deep at the CB/S positions due to injury but they do have a couple of solid physical cover guys.

The way Todd Grantham dials up pressure worries me as we were atrocious last week at handling any pressure with any consistency and don't have the WRs to make them pay when bringing a ton of pressure.

I fully expect them to get after Fitz all night. It will be on Fitz to make quick decisions and our coaching staff to draw up some type of plan to handle the pressure and establish a running game.

I'm not really worried about Mullen knowing our personnel inside and out and think we have just as much of an advantage with our guys understanding exactly what it is Mullen and Grantham like to do. We are the more talented team on both sides of the ball just as we were last week, lets see if we can take advantage of that and get this thing headed back in the right direction. If we can win the next two we will be right back to where I thought we would be. Our defense will keep us in every single game we play this year. They kept us in the game last week too we just couldn't get any traction on offense.

I do think we bounce back and get a win in this one. I think we win a 24-17 type of game. I honestly wouldn't be surprised with any outcome though from us blowing them out to UF winning a close one.

The only thing I know for an absolute fact is that Davis Wade and Starkville will be rocking next Saturday and it should be the best atmosphere we have had in a while. I for one am looking forward to being in Starkville next weekend with fellow Dogs. Being a state fan is tough, we have had a lot more downs than ups over our history especially in football but man, those downs make the ups all the more enjoyable. Lets forget the KY game and do our part to help the dogs to another victory Saturday evening by creating a great game day atmosphere.

Thoughts?

Commercecomet24
09-24-2018, 02:52 PM
If we commit to running the football we will win this game. Kentucky ran on uf pretty good and I think our run game is better(couldn't tell it from last saturday though). I don't think uf offense matches up well against our defense. Remember when Dan was here the practice and scrimmage reports had our defense dominating his offense all the time and that was with Fitz and crew.

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2018, 02:56 PM
One thing that killed our offense last week was false starts and other penalties. Those false starts are probably not happening as much at home vs on the road. We went with a UK fan and she said that was as loud as she has heard it. UK was pretty loud but no where close to Bama, LSU, Auburn level loud. Hopefully JoMo gets everything cleaned up and get the train back on the tracks.

Gutter Cobreh
09-24-2018, 03:35 PM
David Reese wreaked havoc against TN, in his first game of the season. His presence made UF's defense a formidable concern!

Franks is not a good QB and their offense isn't very good. They do have some quality skill players at WR, so unless their running bubble screens or hit a few deep balls (which we're prone to give up) - I think we shut them down on that side.

MarketingBully
09-24-2018, 03:46 PM
One thing that killed our offense last week was false starts and other penalties. Those false starts are probably not happening as much at home vs on the road. We went with a UK fan and she said that was as loud as she has heard it. UK was pretty loud but no where close to Bama, LSU, Auburn level loud. Hopefully JoMo gets everything cleaned up and get the train back on the tracks.

30 of our 40 penalties are on the road. I don’t think we will see all of the penalties we saw on Saturday the next two weeks. Now in Death Valley? All bets are off.

BB30
09-24-2018, 03:48 PM
David Reese wreaked havoc against TN, in his first game of the season. His presence made UF's defense a formidable concern!

Franks is not a good QB and their offense isn't very good. They do have some quality skill players at WR, so unless their running bubble screens or hit a few deep balls (which we're prone to give up) - I think we shut them down on that side.

Yep, we are going to have to find a way to slow down their pass rush.

That TN game really should have been closer than it was. UF's offense isn't that great and they were the beneficiary of 6 turnovers and plenty of short fields to work with.

GoDawgz
09-24-2018, 04:03 PM
Running the ball slows down the pass rush! Come out and punch them in the mouth running it down their throat. Get up early and put pressure on Dan to coach himself out of a hole.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Saturday comes down to two things for MSU.

1. Discipline
2. The offensive line getting their stuff together. Those guys MUST be challenged to bring it.

chef dixon
09-24-2018, 05:35 PM
Its pretty simple. If we cut out the the penalties and are able to get a run game going we win handily at home. Would help if its not raining. Franks will be shitting himself all game most likely.