PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead's Monday Presser

TrapGame
09-24-2018, 01:23 PM
https://youtu.be/sOJpXcaW5SU

He's pissed off. Good sign.

msstatelp1
09-24-2018, 01:51 PM
At least he's blaming himself and his coaches not trying to blame the DC only.

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Sustain it during entire games. It's uncomfortable territory for him but this is encouraging that he brought a little of it to the press conference. It means he's willing to work on his "deficiencies" as a coach and it also means he listens to criticism and doesn't think he's above learning from others. All of this is encouraging as long as he doesn't just revert to old habit during every game. Get ready for a fight every Saturday Joe we all want you to beat everyone's ass. MSU is paying you to beat everyone's ass. Embrace your inner Venom.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/36/590x/secondary/venom-release-date-uk-usa-cinemas-sony-marvel-1441969.jpg?r=1537442948332

BeardoMSU
09-24-2018, 02:09 PM
Interesting that Simmons and Green called a team meeting regarding the unsportsmanlike stuff...especially considering Jeff was one of the main instigators. Glad they're wising up, though.

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2018, 02:14 PM
I understand not being a prisoner of your emotions but you also can't be Jobot on the sidelines. Sometimes you have to fire up assistants and Refs for two reasons

1. Players want to see you get after a Ref when he is wrong, it makes them feel like you are sticking if for them.
2. When a player sees his position coach getting lit into he will want to do better in order to keep the HC of his coach (if he's with damn).

Agree with coach that cutting a guys playing time is much more painful than a dog cussing; after a while you get tone-deaf to that. Like Aldo Raine told the German when he said, "you will be shot for this".

"Nah, more like chewed out, I've been chewed out".

https://media.giphy.com/media/tD4WTmNMnECsM/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/UYM97FJJjMIDe/giphy.gif

RougeDawg
09-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Interesting that Simmons and Green called a team meeting regarding the unsportsmanlike stuff...especially considering Jeff was one of the main instigators. Glad they're wising up, though.

He was getting his facemask twisted and his nuts grabbed the entire game. He has reason to be pissed. The refs are to blame for that one.

BeardoMSU
09-24-2018, 02:40 PM
He was getting his facemask twisted and his nuts grabbed the entire game. He has reason to be pissed. The refs are to blame for that one.

He was also talking shit back and forth with Snell prior to the game, and jawing back and forth throughout the game (until he knew it was over).

Bothrops
09-24-2018, 02:42 PM
It's all business from here on out. JoMo realizes this which is what we needed to hear.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2018, 02:43 PM
He was also talking shit back and forth with Snell prior to the game, and jawing back and forth throughout the game (until he knew it was over).

You will not be able to convince me that a flag shouldn't have gone the other way at one point or another for unsportman.

Commercecomet24
09-24-2018, 02:48 PM
To be honest after rewatching the game and the things that were being done to Simmons, I applaud the young man for not going absolutely insane on someone. His crotch was grabbed, his facemask was repeatedly grabbed and twisted and even torn off his head in the 4th quarter with no flags on uk. Simmons expression in the 4th quarter when his helmet was ripped off, was just one of incredulity, he looked at the official and just kinda shook his head.

LC Dawg
09-24-2018, 02:55 PM
First, props to you for being able to rewatch that shit show. I don't think I can do it.
Second, if that is going on it is on the coaching staff to stay on the officials asses until something is done about it.

Lord McBuckethead
09-24-2018, 02:56 PM
Moorhead seems to be amped up. Good. This is the SEC. Losing 2 games like our Kentucky level of play and coaching is unacceptable.

Run the damn ball. Stop the check with me stuff every snap. Get in a rhythm.

Commercecomet24
09-24-2018, 02:59 PM
First, props to you for being able to rewatch that shit show. I don't think I can do it.
Second, if that is going on it is on the coaching staff to stay on the officials asses until something is done about it.

Lol it was hard to watch, but I always like re-watching the games to see what's really going on at the LOS. I agree the coaches have to get after the officials about that, I was just pointing out that Simmons maintained his composure a lot longer than most of us would have based on what they were doing to him. And it wasn't just Simmons, their OL played dirty all night, but hey they got away with it.

BeardoMSU
09-24-2018, 03:17 PM
You will not be able to convince me that a flag shouldn't have gone the other way at one point or another for unsportman.

Not saying that at all. It absolutely should've gone both ways.

Political Hack
09-24-2018, 03:19 PM

Immediately deleted. Can't do it. Major props to commerce for having a better stomach than me!

Commercecomet24
09-24-2018, 03:28 PM
Immediately deleted. Can't do it. Major props to commerce for having a better stomach than me!

I guess i'm just a glutton for punishment lol. I guess its just the coach in me. I coached baseball a long time. I've always tried to figure out what went wrong and what went right after a game when all the emotion has dissipated.

yjnkdawg
09-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Did the KY players have a copy of the OM and Auburn guidelines on Player Conduct on the Field? It sure looked like they did. Some of the dirtiest crap, and trying to bait our players into retaliating. The referees were missing in action when it came to something concerning the baiting, and instigating by the KY players.

Hambone
09-24-2018, 03:59 PM
I?m guessing you didn?t watch the game, or are the type person that puts the round piece through the square hole. Kentucky had 8 sometimes 9 people in the box every single snap...

Our QB Oline and WR didn?t execute on their end to stop Kentucky from doing that

GoDawgz
09-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Props to him for owning it. I thought he seemed to show passion and embarrassment for the performance.
With that being said, cut the mouthing off and play the game, get a Unsportsmanlike like penalty and sit the player, run the ball to set up the pass (not the direct opposite), burn the tape and move on!
Lets go!

Jack Lambert
09-24-2018, 04:04 PM
Did the KY players have a copy of the OM and Auburn guidelines on Player Conduct on the Field? It sure looked like they did. Some of the dirtiest crap, and trying to bait our players into retaliating. The referees were missing in action when it came to something concerning the baiting, and instigating by the KY players.

I don't think the refs were missing it and I also think the clock operator was not doing their job correctly.

Political Hack
09-24-2018, 04:19 PM
I guess i'm just a glutton for punishment lol. I guess its just the coach in me. I coached baseball a long time. I've always tried to figure out what went wrong and what went right after a game when all the emotion has dissipated.

I do that with the kids' teams. That's hard to watch sometimes too.

Red Sox Dawg
09-24-2018, 04:24 PM
I don't think the refs were missing it and I also think the clock operator was not doing their job correctly.

There were several instances that the clock kept running. Matt said something about it on the radio broadcast. Really bad officiating crew in general. They didn't cost us the game, but they sure let a lot of shit go.

yjnkdawg
09-24-2018, 04:30 PM

i agree. I think the refs saw and knew everything that KY was doing. My missing in action comment meant they were non-existent as for as warning and penalizing KY.

bulldawg28
09-24-2018, 05:00 PM

Green should be Rivers backup

maroonmania
09-24-2018, 09:01 PM
To be honest after rewatching the game and the things that were being done to Simmons, I applaud the young man for not going absolutely insane on someone. His crotch was grabbed, his facemask was repeatedly grabbed and twisted and even torn off his head in the 4th quarter with no flags on uk. Simmons expression in the 4th quarter when his helmet was ripped off, was just one of incredulity, he looked at the official and just kinda shook his head.

SEC refs hate our program with a passion and will take every opportunity to screw us over. I absolutely, sincerely believe that now and accept it and nothing will change it. I don't want to hear anything about them being incompetent because incompetent referees screw up both ways and should be giving us blown calls from time to time. I haven't seen that over the years and especially recently. Just like the QB fumble call against KSU, just like the picking up the PI call against KY last week along with the LL roughing the passer, and just like the Ridley call last year against Bama and on and on. They are biased against us and that is just the way its going to be so get used to it. And they can be as biased as they want because there is ZERO consequence for SEC refs for anything relative to how they call a game. They still get their usual paycheck and never get reprimanded or suspended so the same ol' guys just keep on keepin' on.

Thick
09-24-2018, 09:15 PM
https://youtu.be/sOJpXcaW5SU

He's pissed off. Good sign.

Hopefully this was an eye opener for the team and the staff. Glad to hear him speak with some intensity and more focus on discipline.

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 09:26 PM
There were several instances that the clock kept running. Matt said something about it on the radio broadcast. Really bad officiating crew in general. They didn't cost us the game, but they sure let a lot of shit go.

They had two brutal misses. One they picked up the flag instead of calling pass interference on UK during a 3rd and long the other they called P.I. on us when the UK wr almost ripped off our DBs helmet he was coming over the back of our DB so egregiously. It was absolutely offensive pass interference called the opposite way.

BuckyIsAB****
09-24-2018, 10:09 PM
Jeez Moorhead kids come stand next to the coach for stupid garbage like that in the 7th grade down here. Idk how that works in the B10 but that shouldve been known from day 1 period 1

DancingRabbit
09-24-2018, 10:18 PM

I had concerns with those refs early on and it just got worse. It wasn't too far into the game that I started to get flashbacks of the BYU game in 2001.

I wish someone would do a Matt Wyatt-style film study on the officiating in that game.

Cooterpoot
09-24-2018, 10:36 PM
Video of all the stuff done was sent to the SEC office.

Commercecomet24
09-24-2018, 10:39 PM

That has to be a long video lol!

msstate7
09-24-2018, 10:51 PM

What stuff?

Todd4State
09-25-2018, 01:05 AM

Yeah- that's worked well for us before.**

It's about damn time one of our coaches and MSU bites the bullet and calls out officials publicly and pays the fine for it. Especially when the health of our players is compromised- like the Egg Bowl last year.

Todd4State
09-25-2018, 01:07 AM
What stuff?

Seriously? At a bare minimum the PI on Rayford and Leo's hit on the QB were terrible calls. Not to mention the flag that was picked up when UK got a penalty.

And you can't convince me that we were the only team running smack in that game yet more often than not our players were the ones flagged.